Detective Conan World
skyechan

Magic Kaito Special 4 Comparison and Caps (Image Heavy)

Back as always! Supposedly we'll get a few more MK specials before the year is up. I'm all for it!

mktitlecard.jpg

"The Witch That Doesn't Shed Tears" ("魔女は涙をこぼさない"/"Majo wa namida o kobosanai")

Note: Based on "The Scarlet Temptress" from Magic Kaito volume 1, chapter 6 AND "Would You Grow Up" from Magic Kaito volume 2, chapter 5.

st1.pngst2.png

"Oh mirror, mirror, who is the most wonderful in the world?"

Cue ridiculously high-pitch voice.

"That would be you, Akako-sama."

Was not expecting the mirror to have an high-pitched voice since the original manga's text seems...dark and brooding, but okay then!

st3.pngst4.png

The mirror explains how every man bows to her every whim...except for one, which upsets her. I cannot begin to imagine why...

st5.pngst6.png

Of course, it's Kid.

st7.png

Our first diversion from the manga is that apparently this isn't the first time the mirror has told Akako this response. Her assistant walks in to inform her that he still hasn't been able to figure out Kid's identity, but Akako tells him to forget about it, since apparently she figured it out.

st8.pngst9.pngst10.png

The mirror image then goes from Kid to Kaito. Akako clearly isn't amused as the scene fades to reveal how Akako figured this information out a month ago, on Valentine's Day.

st11.png

The hallways are bustling with activity as girls give chocolates to the boys they care about as Aoko talks to Kaito by the shoe lockers. Aoko is attempting to skirt around her dilemma of giving a chocolate to Kaito.

st12.png

"Say, Kaito, do you like sweet things?"

"Sweet things?"

"You know, something like chocolate?"

st13.pngst14.pngst15.pngst16.png

Kaito however, just like in the manga, thinks she only wants to do this in order to poke fun at the fact he had gotten a cavity fairly recently and she had taunted him then. That said, Kaito says he won't give her the opportunity to poke fun at him again.

st17.png

"What are you talking about? You know today's February 14th, right? All the girls are giving chocolate to boys."

st18.png

Aoko then continues her explanation, saying how she thought someone like Kaito might not receive anything today so she was going to give him a chocolate out of pity. (Haha, yeah right.)

st19.pngst20.pngst21.pngst22.png

Unfortunately, upon realizing that, yeah, today IS February 14th, Kaito ran off to get chocolate from other girls, leaving Aoko holding a chocolate out to Keiko. Keiko explains how Kaito ran off before teasing Aoko a little bit, asking if she was going to give the chocolate to Kaito.

• Upvote 3

As the girls walk back to class, Keiko explains that she's envious of Aoko having someone she wants to give chocolate to before commenting that all the boys seem to be focused on one transfer student girl in particular.

st23.pngst24.pngst25.pngst26.pngst27.pngst28.pngst29.png

Cue Akako surrounded by a flood of guys, just like the original manga.

st30.pngst31.pngst32.png

Kaito strolls back to class and there's a minor difference. In the manga Aoyama draws a picture of each of the girls Kaito mentions, but this version just shows his massive chocolate collection as he lists off the girls' names.

st33.png

"Hey Akako-chan! Give one to me too!"

Kaito, it's Valentine's Day, not Halloween. You don't just ASK for chocolate.

st34.pngst35.png

Akako not amused by the amount of chocolate Kaito's holding slaps him, causing him to drop the chocolates to the floor.

st36.png

"If you want a chocolate from me, you'll have to throw away all those ones first!"

st37.pngst38.png

The boys back up Akako's statement, calling Kaito rude.

st39.png

"Then..."

st40.png

"I don't want it!"

st41.pngst42.pngst43.pngst44.pngst45.pngst46.png

The teacher then decides she's had enough of this BS and calls the class back to order as Akako slowly realizes that because the only person who can resist her is Kid and Kaito resisted her, that the two must be the same person.

st47.pngst48.png

As classes end, Kaito realizes he's missing his handkerchief and Akako begins her plan.

It is at this point the anime stops being based on "The Scarlet Temptress" and switches over to "Would You Grow Up" from volume 2.

st49.pngst50.pngst51.pngst52.pngst53.png

An interesting addition to the anime is the inclusion of portraits of supposedly the long line of red magic witches Akako is descended from.

st54.pngst55.pngst56.pngst57.pngst58.pngst59.pngst60.pngst61.pngst62.pngst63.pngst64.png

She summons Lucifer and asks how Kid will meet his end. Lucifer gives a little bit of knowledge to Akako before asking her who she thinks she is to boss him around. In response, Akako tears up the summon seal and receives a powerful amulet/necklace from her assistant to aid her in her plan.

Another anime inclusion is Aoko pondering what on Earth to do with her chocolate.

st65.pngst66.png

"In the end, I wasn't able to give this to him today. Now what?"

• Upvote 3

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW EXCITED AND HAPPY AND AMAZED AND THE WANT TO SEE THIS EPISODE IN WHICH I HAVE.

I NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED TO SEEEEEEEEEE THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW EXCITED AND HAPPY AND AMAZED AND THE WANT TO SEE THIS EPISODE IN WHICH I HAVE.

I NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED TO SEEEEEEEEEE THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

To remember...do not stay between Miko-chan and Akako... :blink: :blink: