Detective Conan World
hopes

Depression Club

I'm not depressed at all, and what I'm feeling pales to actual depression.  But I'm not feeling well, I know that much.  Perhaps in a few minutes I'll feel better and I'll feel silly for having had posted this.  Of course, that's what I told myself yesterday, and I'm still waiting... 

i just want to say that I really like the idea behind this topic. Too many people these days are completely uninterested when others suffer in their own vicinity, even though a lot of things could be mitigated if one just has another person to talk to. Being able to deliver oneself on a subject can be really helpful in most cases.

I've seen that the moderator Akakata has started a lot of good threads like this one on here, but she seems to be absent since May.

Did anything happen?

Well If I'm right, Akakata is one of the first member of DCW.

And anyway, most members really leave after staying awhile in DCW. I think it's just part of growing up and having more responsibilities irl which just causes them to have no time for foruming.

Grim Reaper here... :P

*Takes your soul*

... Taking the conversation to here since it's more appropriate.

Then why do people take/make those pills? The side effects by themselves are bad enough...

... Taking the conversation to here since it's more appropriate.

Then why do people take/make those pills? The side effects by themselves are bad enough...

Because they were convinced by these so called, Doctors. They don't even have proof that these pills really cure these psychiatric disorders.

Anyway, I remember them performing experiments on Transgenders. I forgot where I read it but it was real.

Because they were convinced by these so called, Doctors. They don't even have proof that these pills really cure these psychiatric disorders.

Anyway, I remember them performing experiments on Transgenders. I forgot where I read it but it was real.

I know there are places where they try to 'cure' homosexuals, and it's terrible...

I know there are places where they try to 'cure' homosexuals, and it's terrible...

yeah. I respect homos but I'll admit that they annoy me sometimes.

Anyway, We shouldn't talk about it here. We'll both get banned

I'm sure these doctors are well aware of the effects of the drug.

Sometimes, the drug may have not benefit at all, but this is what we call the placebo effect.

There have been scientific studies showing that the mindset the person has towards his/her problem is a major factor that determines whether he/she will recover or not. Hence, the placebo effect.

ahahahaha

like that's gonna stop them from repopulating. 

their sexuality should not concern you.

I'm sure these doctors are well aware of the effects of the drug.

Sometimes, the drug may have not benefit at all, but this is what we call the placebo effect.

There have been scientific studies showing that the mindset the person has towards his/her problem is a major factor that determines whether he/she will recover or not. Hence, the placebo effect.

If these drugs are placebos, then why are there so many side effects? I don't doubt some of them are, but how the drugs work in these two ways is sad.

yeah. I respect homos but I'll admit that they annoy me sometimes.

Anyway, We shouldn't talk about it here. We'll both get banned

Oh. Sorry.

If these drugs are placebos, then why are there so many side effects? I don't doubt some of them are, but how the drugs work in these two ways is sad.

It's usually to trick the patient into believing that the drug is working. 

... Is that legal to trick people what the drug is for? Unless they put that in tiny print O.o

this.

... Is that legal to trick people what the drug is for? Unless they put that in tiny print O.o

It's illegal but of course, psychiatrist will be quick to defend

Anyway, It's still debated if this field of science is real or not

Not necessarily. It depends on what the drug is "curing."

That's like saying chemistry isn't math.

this.

I have an aunt in psychiatry. Don't know the details though (coughIdon'tlikehercough).

It's advised that you make her drink aptx

I don't dislike her that much; it's just she talks for a long time. I actually never knew she was in psychiatry until a while ago.

I don't dislike her that much; it's just she talks for a long time. I actually never knew she was in psychiatry until a while ago.

you hate her for that? :P

But really, I'm sure if you experienced depression or something, they'll give you those psychiatric medicines. I, rather, consult a wise hermit xD