Detective Conan World
conankoibito

What was the recent Anime you watched?

Just now, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

@Neo Balthazar I only have a handful of anime shows that I enjoy, and with these being quality shows in my mind, it's quite difficult finding any that could rival them. I'm in the exact same position with the Game of Thrones series.

First of, why you use my full name. I thought we were buds :-(

GoT is amazing, watch the wire, luther, there is breaking bad, dexter, i loved castle, hbo has a lot of great shows...netflix too

Same goes for anime

Holmes introduced me to fate 0 and i was blown away ( when gilgames destroys ionian with his enuma elish might be my fave scene )

Evangelion is nice, naruto, shadow has been praising barserk

Just pick one and sit for 2-3 eps

You kinda have to be open to change

I had to use your full name for the @ function to, well function. :V

But, but.. I am open to change.. good change. I don't know, I'll just try some. I started watching some of that new anime "Joker Game", but it kinda seemed boring to me. I also tried that, what's it called, Gintama? something like that. Didn't finish the first episode. Then again, I don't think I watched the first episode, but rather the first episode of a prequel or whatever.

Regarding Gintama, it actually starts at episode 3, episode 1 and 2 are filler for celebrating the manga getting an anime adaptation. Anyway, if you don't like comedy, then I don't think Gintama is for you, it's mainly episodic as well, however, don't think that Gintama doesn't have a plot, it does, and it's very subtly hinted at from the very beginning, and it's amazing, and even though Gintama is mainly a comedy series, it can get serious, like, really serious, the SA arc(episodes 300-307) is one of the best arcs of all time, because of how much everything in the series has built up for it. Even in the comedy episodes/arcs, Gintama can give you amazing life lessons. 
This basically describes what is so special about Gintama: http://you-saved-more-than-my-life.tumblr.com/post/146013755643/gintama-30-day-challenge

I'll definitely give it a watch, alright. q: I like comedy, but I'm afraid Gintama might not be quite my taste.

EDIT: I began watching ReLIFE and am actually enjoying it. It's good, and somehow reminds me of something else... Something familiar. :P

Edited by Kid the Phantom Thief
Editing instead of double-posting.

mayoiga-under-the-dog-pv-2.gif

There's not too much to say about this since it's only a 28 minute long pilot, except that it was really good.  Some people are salty that the animation wasn't as good as the trailer's and that the episode didn't focus on Anthea, even though it was known that this pilot would be a prologue to the "actual" story of Under the Dog since, like, the very beginning (it's listed as episode 0 for a reason).  I really hope that this eventually gets funded into either a television series or OVA/movie series, though I'd probably prefer the latter for the sake of quality.  This pilot was never meant to be a standalone anime.  It hints at only bits and pieces of the world, and a lot was intentionally left vague.  The animation and musical score were both fantastic, and the artistic directing was phenomenal (great use of show don't tell).  All in all, an amazing watch, and not nearly as disappointing as critics make it out to be if you've actually been following the progress and promises of the Kickstarter Project from beginning to end.

On 7/27/2016 at 4:17 PM, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

EDIT: I began watching ReLIFE and am actually enjoying it. It's good, and somehow reminds me of something else... Something familiar. :P

I'm enjoying ReLIFE, it's really funny and I can relate to it on some things.

On 8/2/2016 at 3:02 AM, Uchiha Shadow said:

I'm enjoying ReLIFE, it's really funny and I can relate to it on some things.

On 7/27/2016 at 8:17 AM, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

I was able to finish it actually marathoned it all night oops.

You should read the manga if you really like it - they continue and the fireworks scene/understanding is a bit less rushed.

Started Gundam 00 and Terra e. 
With Gundam 00, I'm going into this knowing very little. I knew about one of the characters being voiced by the same guy who voiced Amuro Ray in the original Gundam 0079 anime, the "ore wa gundam" meme, that the gundam exia is 'affectionately' nicknamed the "gundam sexia" by a decent amount of fans, and that this series got its fair share of odd character names too. (Allelujah Haptism is pretty out there, but it's no Quattro Bajeena to be honest) I think I read that Gundam 00 is partially inspired by the Iraq War, so I knew that tidbit about it beforehand too. I knew nothing about the plot or characters though, and so far, this it's turning out to be a pleasant surprise. I really like the mobile suit designs, how the few battles I've seen so far have been choreographed, and what little of the plot I've seen seems really interesting. Gundam 00 takes place in the distant future when all fossil fuels have been depleted, and the countries that used to make a lot of their income through fossil fuels are now deeply impoverished and conflict stricken. I heard the movie introduces aliens though, so I'm a little nervous about that, but I'm looking forward to the rest of season 1, and eventually, season 2 as well.

As for Terra e, I know even less about this one. I'm really only watching this because, according to its tumblr tag, it's got a sad ending, and because the author of Terra e is the same person who wrote Kaze to Ki no Uta, a niche, gay manga from the 70s that hurts me a little bit every time I think about it. I've only seen one episode, so I don't have much of an opinion on it yet, but the story's really different from KazeKi's, so I'm hoping it'll still appeal to me, especially since I've got high hopes for this. I'm disappointed with the art style though. It was animated in a more current-looking style, and imo, Takemiya Keiko's art style just doesn't look very good when you try to make it look modern. KazeKi got an ova in '87, and has a very pleasant look to it. It just feels like Terra e will lose a lot of its charm because of its unfortunate art style. 

On 4/8/2016 at 6:28 PM, Cindy-Chen said:

I was able to finish it actually marathoned it all night oops.

You should read the manga if you really like it - they continue and the fireworks scene/understanding is a bit less rushed.

I might just read it, haha. Didn't know there was a manga, though.

5 hours ago, Cindy-Chen said:

It's good! I just wish they'd update faster though. <_<

It's not so much a weekly thing, then? I want to see what happens after the anime ended. Should I read the manga from the beginning, or from where the anime left off?

3 hours ago, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

It's not so much a weekly thing, then? I want to see what happens after the anime ended. Should I read the manga from the beginning, or from where the anime left off?

I think it's a weekly thing though (still too slow for me ;_;) and uh I think it's your choice.

Manga and anime were pretty close and accurate to each other; there were only minor differences and small quirks that manga had.

13 hours ago, Cindy-Chen said:

I think it's a weekly thing though (still too slow for me ;_;) and uh I think it's your choice.

Manga and anime were pretty close and accurate to each other; there were only minor differences and small quirks that manga had.

Hm, I guess I will read from where the anime left off, then see how it goes q: Thanks, Cindy!

Started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion recently, so far 7 episodes in, can't really say I like it, but I don't dislike it either, I hope that it at least lives up to the hype. The opening is really good though, I can tell there was a lot of effort put into it.

45 minutes ago, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

Hm, I guess I will read from where the anime left off, then see how it goes q: Thanks, Cindy!

You're welcome! :D

Also on a separate note, has anyone seen ERASED? It came out a while ago I think

On 8/6/2016 at 7:06 PM, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

I did in fact watch Erased. Did you like it? (:

The beginning had me hooked tbh but i felt the ending was a little rushed. I read the manga afterwards and I liked it better because of its slower pace.

What about you?

22 hours ago, Cindy-Chen said:

The beginning had me hooked tbh but i felt the ending was a little rushed. I read the manga afterwards and I liked it better because of its slower pace.

What about you?

I thought the ending was a bit strange, or at least not what I expected. I haven't read the manga, and I don't really feel like it. The cool thing about it was that the protagonist seemed a bit like Shinichi in his Conan form, haha.