Detective Conan World
conankoibito

What was the recent Anime you watched?

Actually, I was saying it in the sense that your parents (shockingly) enjoy these endeavors.

Not many parents indulge in anime or video games, so that was a surprise is all.

Oh. Okay. I don't know, it's always been this way since I was born, so I can't imagine otherwise.

As we speak, my dad plays Skyrim...

It's not the worst second season I've seen *ahem* Tokyo Ghoul Root A *ahem*.  Tokyo Ghoul's second second gave my eyes cancer, and just this past episode it gave my eye cancer cancer.

*notes down on list of anime-not-to-be-watched*

Last watched: Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

You have nerdy siblings... I don't know whether to be jealous or thankful my older sister and I don't share hobbies

Nerdy, yes. Have you tried introducing some of the stuff you like to her?

I tried convincing my brother that DC was a good series a few times. He kind of pretended to like it for a while.

And then SnK came.

Now he has something against DC  :mellow:

The new Death Parade ep though... wow.... I felt so bad for the woman though both of them seemed to have tragic pasts

*notes down on list of anime-not-to-be-watched*

Sorta??? We're almost 10 years apart so there's quite a bit of an age gap and because of that it's a little harder. She's know my hobbies and I know her's so it's the sorta thing where if we were curious about one another's hobbies we'd've already looked into 'em.

I tried convincing my brother that DC was a good series a few times. He kind of pretended to like it for a while.

And then SnK came.

Now he has something against DC  :mellow:

Introduce him to Baccano!

The new Death Parade ep though... wow.... I felt so bad for the woman though both of them seemed to have tragic pasts

Sorta??? We're almost 10 years apart so there's quite a bit of an age gap and because of that it's a little harder. She's know my hobbies and I know her's so it's the sorta thing where if we were curious about one another's hobbies we'd've already looked into 'em.

Here's my advice: tie her to a chair and gag her so she- wait what am I saying

Introduce him to Baccano!

I have to watch that myself first D:

But I swear, it's on my to-watch list. Even though it's buried by like 5 other shows, it's there.

Kino no Tabi

Loved this anime.  I didn't really know what to expect from it going in but I'm so glad I decided to give it a try.  Episodic, haunting, and yet somewhat familiar and nostalgic, this anime really spoke to me in a way I can't describe.  A very "Little Prince"-esque story with its own quirks, and something that definitely deserves far more attention than it receives.  How this 2003 series I was on the fence about watching became one of my favorites, I will never know.  There are a couple of short side story episodes that are out there, and I'll get around to them when I'm in the mood for more Kino.

Hm, as for what I'll watch next, I don't really know.  Guess I'll see what I'm in the mood for tomorrow.

shigatsu wa kimi no uso...

you don't just put a line in like that at the last second and cut to credits

they cant do tha t, , ,

FTFY

unsure.gif?w=584

it has gotten better but it's still pretty weird at times 

unsure.gif?w=584

it has gotten better but it's still pretty weird at times 

It's nearly the perfect splicing between Utena and Penguindrum.

tumblr_inline_nitgoeJqo71sulhmu.png(Utena)

tumblr_inline_nitge62DaU1sulhmu.png(Penguindrum)

tumblr_inline_nitgejsjFb1sulhmu.png(YKA)

While it's not my favorite show this season and not nearly as good as Penguindrum, YKA probably has the most potential for growth.

It's nearly the perfect splicing between Utena and Penguindrum.

tumblr_inline_nitgoeJqo71sulhmu.png(Utena)

tumblr_inline_nitge62DaU1sulhmu.png(Penguindrum)

tumblr_inline_nitgejsjFb1sulhmu.png(YKA)

While it's not my favorite show this season and not nearly as good as Penguindrum, YKA probably has the most potential for growth.

*_* ...I didn't pick up on the similarities between those scenes

I agree on how it has a lot potential though

Recently watched: Lupin III

*_* ...I didn't pick up on the similarities between those scenes

I agree on how it has a lot potential though

There are even more similarities between the three that I can't really mention for the sake of avoiding spoilers.

Seirei no Moribito

This anime was surprisingly pretty good.  The animation was great, especially given how old it is, and the actions sequences, while sparse, were amazingly directed and choreographed.  The art was wonderful and managed to capture the natural beauty of the world presented.  While the pacing was a bit slow and there weren't many twists in terms of plot, it was an overall really good presentation.  It's rather underappreciated, unfortunately.  Also, the ending theme is awesome.  I wonder what I should watch next?  I have my eyes on Shigurui, hm.

Shigurui

Man, what a stomach churning anime.  I wish I liked it more than I did, because the directing was great and it was really artistic.  The problem is, it was too artistic.  Instead of dialogue and exposition they showed images and pictures.  Instead of music there were just sound effects, if even that.  While this is all good in moderation, the entire series was executed in this way and it got tiring.  The plot took too long to develop, and the ending isn't even an ending.  To get a true conclusion out of this I'm going to have to read the manga, which I don't want to bother with.  The art was unique but the animation, for an "action" anime, was lacking.  Lacking in an artistic sense, but still lacking nonetheless.  This anime is not for the weak of heart either.  There's a lot of gore and cringe-worthy moments that might cause you pain if you empathize too much, and there's also a lot of unsensual sexuality.  Not something I'd really recommend to anyone.

Not too sure what to watch next.  There are some anime I got pretty far into that I absolutely despised that I might want to finish just for completion's sake.  Not to mention, the average rating for my competed list is starting to rise a little too high for my liking and I want to bring it back down.  I guess I'll see what I'm in the mood for tomorrow.