Detective Conan World
conankoibito

What was the recent Anime you watched?

recently watched: Yowamushi Pedal

2011 version. I'm on episode 25 right now.

So far so good. I'm a big YYH fan, so I can't deny another piece of work from Togashi.

Ah I see, that's right around the Zoldyck Family arc/beginning of Heaven's Arena arc right? 

The new Diamond no Ace ep. Miyuki trying to help boost Kawakami's mood just tumblr_m42rjxA1qA1r58lid.png Not sure if I like the new assistant coach though

ooh, are you watching the 2011 or 1999 version? I haven't seen the 99 version but the 2011 version's my favorite anime ever, it was so good. How many episodes have you seen btw? 

2011 version. I'm on episode 25 right now.

So far so good. I'm a big YYH fan, so I can't deny another piece of work from Togashi.

Honestly I would recommend you to start with the 99 version of HxH. Simply because it's such a classic. The animation might not be as good , it might not cover as much arcs but maaan was it good. I would compare it to the FMA Franchise.  The original might not be as canon or as good , animation wise , compared to Brotherhood. But it has it's own kind of flavour and atmosphere. For example I really liked that very sinister feel I got from the first anime and the kind of 'colder' animation style. But I preferred the OST and Story from the latter anime. But I got more enjoyment out of brotherhood by having watched the original anime before that.

But my point is that you would probably notice the small improvements and the different progresses , and those small improvements are what makes reruns enjoyable. Of course you don't have to feel obligated to watch it. But honestly the 1999 version is really good

OT : Nichijou

Ah I see, that's right around the Zoldyck Family arc/beginning of Heaven's Arena arc right? 

Yep! I will say though that I thought the Zoldyck Family arc would be longer.

They kind of did this build up, and then gave it a quick ending.

Honestly I would recommend you to start with the 99 version of HxH. Simply because it's such a classic. The animation might not be as good , it might not cover as much arcs but maaan was it good. I would compare it to the FMA Franchise.  The original might not be as canon or as good , animation wise , compared to Brotherhood. But it has it's own kind of flavour and atmosphere. For example I really liked that very sinister feel I got from the first anime and the kind of 'colder' animation style. But I preferred the OST and Story from the latter anime. But I got more enjoyment out of brotherhood by having watched the original anime before that.

But my point is that you would probably notice the small improvements and the different progresses , and those small improvements are what makes reruns enjoyable. Of course you don't have to feel obligated to watch it. But honestly the 1999 version is really good

OT : Nichijou

I was thinking about doing that first, but I went ahead and watched the 2011 one since it was on Netflix. 

I'm definitely gonna check it the 99 version though, thanks!

Haibane Renmei

Definitely better than Serial Experiments Lain, but still lacked some of the emotion I was hoping from this series.  The world is gorgeous though; very dreamlike and picturesque European setting.  There's this one soundtrack that's pretty nice, too.  I don't think I could truly connect to any of the characters, though the final episode was solid to say the least.  Hard to say I can recommend it, but it's there, haha.

I'll probably be starting Kino no Tabi later today. 

Haibane Renmei

Definitely better than Serial Experiments Lain, but still lacked some of the emotion I was hoping from this series.  The world is gorgeous though; very dreamlike and picturesque European setting.  There's this one soundtrack that's pretty nice, too.  I don't think I could truly connect to any of the characters, though the final episode was solid to say the least.  Hard to say I can recommend it, but it's there, haha.

I'll probably be starting Kino  no Tabi later today. 

Damn , you devour anime. Have you got something you can recommend ? I want something real good either in a comedic sense or something with an amazing story. Real satisfying anime series are hard to find nowadays,

Damn , you devour anime. Have you got something you can recommend ? I want something real good either in a comedic sense or something with an amazing story. Real satisfying anime series are hard to find nowadays,

Fate/Zero

If you like it, move on to Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV).

Nichijou is good with humor, though I'll admit it's not for everyone *cough* heh.

PSG, because it satirizes western cartoons. There's a lot of profanity so you might want to avoid it if you're uncomfortable around that stuff.

Hetalia has a lot of humor based on stereotypes if you're into that stuff.

As for shows with good plot, watch Steins;Gate if you haven't already because it's absolutely fantastic.

last watched: magical boy anime

Yep! I will say though that I thought the Zoldyck Family arc would be longer.

They kind of did this build up, and then gave it a quick ending.

Yeah the Zoldyck Family arc did feel a little rushed but the Zoldycks are all recurring characters so you'll get to see more of them later on. And Kalluto and Alluka come in in the later episodes too. It really picks up in the Heavens Arena arc though since that's when the nen types get introduced c:

Yeah the Zoldyck Family arc did feel a little rushed but the Zoldycks are all recurring characters so you'll get to see more of them later on. And Kalluto and Alluka come in in the later episodes too. It really picks up in the Heavens Arena arc though since that's when the nen types get introduced c:

Hope so. This anime requires patience, but I'll bear through it. 

Fate/Zero

If you like it, move on to Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV).

Watched both already , really liked the visual novels and the franchise as a whole.

Nichijou is good with humor, though I'll admit it's not for everyone *cough* heh.

PSG, because it satirizes western cartoons. There's a lot of profanity so you might want to avoid it if you're uncomfortable around that stuff.

Hetalia has a lot of humor based on stereotypes if you're into that stuff.

As for shows with good plot, watch Steins;Gate if you haven't already because it's absolutely fantastic.

I freaking loved Steins;Gate , so much that I actually played the visual novel.

Freaking love Nichijou too , it's so amazing.

Hetalia is a bit too chibi-like for me , used to watch it for the chemistry between the countries.

Will look further into this anime , looks kinda interesting.

Thanks for the recommendations :)

Watched both already , really liked the visual novels and the franchise as a whole.

Hmm, you aren't exactly a novice anime watcher yourself then.  If you're looking for something experimental and complex, I suggest Mawaru Penguindrum.  It's not for everyone, but worth a try.

Hmm, you aren't exactly a novice anime watcher yourself then.  If you're looking for something experimental and complex, I suggest Mawaru Penguindrum.  It's not for everyone, but worth a try.

I'Il give it a try , considering I started watching anime (excluding stuff like doraemon , shin chan) in 2008/2009 I wouldn't consider myself a 'novice' either. I still don't know how the heck I understood the English subtitles considering I made my first contact with the English language in the same year ....

My oldest brother, the animefan in our family, has been bugging my second oldest brother and I about watching SAO 2 with him and his girlfriend. I was not pleased with the first season, doubting the second season would do much better, but felt bad about telling him off; instead I have been trying to avoid it with excuses such as homework and assignments (not that I don't have any). We've seen a few episodes already, but they've only convinced me even further that the anime is, in fact, not quite good.

The day before yesterday, however, I finally convinced my second oldest brother to watch Baccano! with me, which is by far the best anime I have ever watched (but then of course there aren't a lot of good anime out there in the first place, in my most honest opinion, being limited to only at this moment four good anime), but then he had to fall asleep to the second episode, due to the lateness of the hour, and the sweet victory was but a short delight.

Mirai Nikki

Psychopaths killing physchopaths, with this one normal guy in the middle.

Who just so happens to be the God of Space and Time stuck in a game he technically made himself :V

I have my hands in so many shows right now... Parasyte (which my mom got addicted to), Steins;Gate, and Fate/Stay Night. Durr...

Mirai Nikki

Psychopaths killing physchopaths, with this one normal guy in the middle.

Who just so happens to be the God of Space and Time stuck in a game he technically made himself :V

I have my hands in so many shows right now... Parasyte (which my mom got addicted to), Steins;Gate, and Fate/Stay Night. Durr...

So your mom watched anime and your dad plays video games.

God bless your parents.

0bb35fe1-s.jpg

So your mom watched anime and your dad plays video games.

God bless your parents.

0bb35fe1-s.jpg

Hey hey, don't underrate my dad. He watches anime, reads manga, and plays video games. My mom has a love/hate relationship with those habits of his. //jk

My friends have called my parents the "Most Non-Asian Asian Parent Ever", haha xD

Hey hey, don't underrate my dad. He watches anime, reads manga, and plays video games. My mom has a love/hate relationship with those habits of his. //jk

My friends have called my parents the "Most Non-Asian Asian Parent Ever", haha xD

Your parents are rarities, that's for sure.

Your parents are rarities, that's for sure.

Not really. When my brother and I were young, we had a pretty strict upbringing. Their philosophy is that we need to learn how to take care of ourselves. It's been working for a while, but they've become a bit stricter nowadays, seeing my brother's grades.

Not really. When my brother and I were young, we had a pretty strict upbringing. Their philosophy is that we need to learn how to take care of ourselves. It's been working for a while, but they've become a bit stricter nowadays, seeing my brother's grades.

Actually, I was saying it in the sense that your parents (shockingly) enjoy these endeavors.

Not many parents indulge in anime or video games, so that was a surprise is all.

My oldest brother, the animefan in our family, has been bugging my second oldest brother and I about watching SAO 2 with him and his girlfriend. I was not pleased with the first season, doubting the second season would do much better, but felt bad about telling him off; instead I have been trying to avoid it with excuses such as homework and assignments (not that I don't have any). We've seen a few episodes already, but they've only convinced me even further that the anime is, in fact, not quite good.

It's not the worst second season I've seen *ahem* Tokyo Ghoul Root A *ahem*.  Tokyo Ghoul's second second gave my eyes cancer, and just this past episode it gave my eye cancer cancer.

Last watched: Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

The day before yesterday, however, I finally convinced my second oldest brother to watch Baccano! with me, which is by far the best anime I have ever watched (but then of course there aren't a lot of good anime out there in the first place, in my most honest opinion, being limited to only at this moment four good anime), but then he had to fall asleep to the second episode, due to the lateness of the hour, and the sweet victory was but a short delight.

You have nerdy siblings... I don't know whether to be jealous or thankful my older sister and I don't share hobbies