Detective Conan World
conankoibito

What was the recent Anime you watched?

Is Avatar: the Last Airbender and Avatar: the Legend of Korra classified as anime? or is it cartoon, or even both?

Either way, I have been watching those two shows, that is I've finished the first, and the latter I'll finish when the last episodes of the fourth season are out. I've watched the first three seasons of the Legend of Korra.

I can't say how much I prefer the English anime/cartoon over the Japanese anime. So great not having to listen to all those girly squeals and screams. Now my ears won't bleed.

Is Avatar: the Last Airbender and Avatar: the Legend of Korra classified as anime? or is it cartoon, or even both?

Either way, I have been watching those two shows, that is I've finished the first, and the latter I'll finish when the last episodes of the fourth season are out. I've watched the first three seasons of the Legend of Korra.

I can't say how much I prefer the English anime/cartoon over the Japanese anime. So great not having to listen to all those girly squeals and screams. Now my ears won't bleed.

korra is fine and all but she cant measure up to agan

also, couldn't agree more on the: ˝I can't say how much I prefer the English anime/cartoon over the Japanese anime. So great not having to listen to all those girly squeals and screams.˝

​Shame that its on nickelodeon 

im also watching korra, and im curious  on the ending 

korra is fine and all but she cant measure up to agan

also, couldn't agree more on the: ˝I can't say how much I prefer the English anime/cartoon over the Japanese anime. So great not having to listen to all those girly squeals and screams.˝

​Shame that its on nickelodeon 

im also watching korra, and im curious  on the ending 

Yep, it's pretty annoying, especially when you have to listen to it in pretty much every anime out there.

And I agree, Aang is better than Korra, but as you said she is fine. If you've begun watching the fourth season, please don't spoil anything to me.

im caught up on all the korra episodes of S4

i have mixed feelings about it, but we can talk about it when she finishes

this friday is ep11 then a two prater the next friday

Honestly, I love LoK.

...though I don't really consider it an anime since the show isn't native to Japan.

Other than the awkward love triangles and the train-wreck that was season 2, it's a pretty amazing show. 

It still doesn't compare to the original ATLA, but you can't blame them--it's hard to fit in decent character development within ~13 episodes. We can complain to Nickelodeon about that because of the lack of budget.

If it's any consolation, the animation and art are a lot better than the original ATLA.

They're not anime, just American cartoons.  Just because it's made in a style similar to that of some anime doesn't make it an anime.  For example, a book written in English by an American about a Japanese boy living in Japan with a Japanese style of storytelling doesn't magically make it a Japanese book, does it?  Not to mention, MAL and ANN don't classify them as anime, and they're the leading databases on anime and manga.

Anyway, finally got around to finishing Revolutionary Girl Utena.  Man, that was one crazy anime.  I still prefer Ikuhara's Mawaru Penguin to this, but he did a great job considering it was his first real work, made back when I was born.  Animation can be a bit off and some parts are redundant, but the highs are some of the highest highs I've ever experienced in anime.  Not for everyone, but I don't regret watching it. 

Is it good? I've seen a lot reviews on it, but they only covered the trailer and the first few episodes. (Wait, how many episodes are out?)

Yeah, I really like it. The sci-fi/darkness aspect to it is interesting. There's currently 11 episode out right now (I watch it on CR)

Is it good? I've seen a lot reviews on it, but they only covered the trailer and the first few episodes. (Wait, how many episodes are out?)

11 episodes are out and there will be a total of 24.  This will be enough, from what I've heard, to adapt the entire manga so you're guaranteed not to have a cliffhanger or wait for a second season.

I really like it, and the episode that just came out today was pretty awesome.  Watch a few episodes and see if it's your style.  I was actually losing a bit of faith in the series the past few weeks, but episode 11 nailed home exactly what drew me into the series in the first place.

Parasyte (thanks to @Akazora)

Glad my rather long post was not for naught.

I've heard that they are making a live action series (film?) of Parasyte. Not sure if it has been confirmed yet though.

Detective Conan

(Was watching Detective Conan in Anime Club today, and one of these girls went up to me and said, "Omg! Is this Hunter x Hunter? Oh, wait... It's just Detective Conan. Never mind." *Sighs* Detective Conan doesn't seem to get much love over here. There are a few kids who said "I used to watch this show as a kid!", but they said that they don't seem to care much for it anymore. How sad. D:

Yeah, I really like it. The sci-fi/darkness aspect to it is interesting. There's currently 11 episode out right now (I watch it on CR)

11 episodes are out and there will be a total of 24.  This will be enough, from what I've heard, to adapt the entire manga so you're guaranteed not to have a cliffhanger or wait for a second season.

I really like it, and the episode that just came out today was pretty awesome.  Watch a few episodes and see if it's your style.  I was actually losing a bit of faith in the series the past few weeks, but episode 11 nailed home exactly what drew me into the series in the first place.

Glad my rather long post was not for naught.

Ah, okay. I'll be adding it to my forever-growing list of animes to watch. Thanks :D

Honestly, I love LoK.

...though I don't really consider it an anime since the show isn't native to Japan.

Other than the awkward love triangles and the train-wreck that was season 2, it's a pretty amazing show. 

It still doesn't compare to the original ATLA, but you can't blame them--it's hard to fit in decent character development within ~13 episodes. We can complain to Nickelodeon about that because of the lack of budget.

If it's any consolation, the animation and art are a lot better than the original ATLA.

agreed on everything except the last part, i actually and will always prefer that style of anime/cartoon making then this digital

however, mir studios is making the best when it comes to that kind of anime 

I've heard that they are making a live action series (film?) of Parasyte. Not sure if it has been confirmed yet though.

To my knowledge it already aired in Japanese theaters. Most people thought the CGI parasites were done rather well but that the series felt watered down compared to the manga, as is expected. I think it's only going to be just this one single movie, not a series of movies, though someone is going to need to fact check this. I want to avoid accidentally spoiling myself. Either that or I'm feeling really lazy.