Detective Conan World
conankoibito

What was the recent Anime you watched?

Detective Conan (I'm on like episode 508, so I'm almost caught up.)

Magic Kaito (Just finished watching the final episode today so I can catch up with the new series when it airs tomorrow.)

Pokémon Black and White. (Jeez, there's already Pokémon X & Y. And I only watched about 2 episodes of that one. I wish I can catch up with the Pokémon timeline faster. There's just soo many episodes, series, and seasons that I kinda get lost while watching them. I'm kinda caught up with the Pokémon Adventures manga though.)

The fall season of 2014 as begun, and I'm already hyped!

I started Log Horizon Season 2, which wasn't that bad but because the animation studio changed some new character designs can be a bit jarring.

The standout show this season however, is undoubtedly Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works.  Even after only one episode, which was a prologue episode, I can safely and honestly say this series could very easily be anime of the year.  Stellar animations and backgrounds, best action scenes I've seen in a weekly series, and solidly intriguing premise.  This is the next big one, I'm calling it now.  If you're planning on watching this though, I'd suggest you first watch Fate/Zero.  This episode was just a bit too subtle for newcomers.

And of course, I have quite a few more I plan to watch this season, and we'll see how those turn out later down the line.

EDIT:

I saw the first episode of Magic Kaito 1412, which wasn't really much more or less than I expected.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis is a series that's airing during the wrong season.  There are so many other big names that a quality work like this is being overlooked by most people.  It's a load of fun with a relatively unique premise and very recognizable style.  It's definitely going to be the underrated and under-appreciated anime this fall, which is a shame. 

Edited by Akazora

Welp, every fall anime I've been looking forward to watching as aired at least their first episodes.

Parasyte looks really good.  It has a bit of a nostalgic and pseudo-old school feel to the color scheme, but has very consistent art so it doesn't look sloppy.  The plot is fascinating and it's not censored like Tokyo Ghoul and Terra Formers were.  Honestly, Parasyte is everything Tokyo Ghoul should have been if it had received a better studio.  One of my favs this season for sure.

I've been looking for a good slice of life anime to watch, and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso has delivered.   Usually these types of romantic dramas are plagued with poor art because they don't have quite the budgets of action anime, but Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso looks absolutely stunning.  Like, really really really good.  The opening sequence is gorgeous and the short bit of piano playing we saw actually had the fingers matching up with the song.  Maybe it's because a music oriented myself, but this anime is a keeper.  I'm preparing my feels as I speak.

Overall, these are my initial impressions!  I've ordered everything I'm watching in terms of how strong their opening episodes were:

1. Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV)

2. Parasyte -the maxim-

3. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

4. Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis

5. Log Horizon Season 2

6. Magic Kaito 1412

Also, I'd like to add that I'm still watching Akame ga Kill! and Sword Art Online II, which both starting airing in summer and are in their second cours.  I'll admit I'm not a big fan of either of the series, but from what I've seen I'd have to put them as better than MK142 but worse than Log Horizon, with AgK better than SAO.

I might come back with some more thoughts after a few weeks have passed and more episodes have aired.

Magic Kaito 1412- As far as I know, the 2nd episode is not subbed yet. >.< My weekly Magic Kaito!!! I will probably have to take up Japanese as my elective next year to understand the raw version...

Amagi Brilliant Park- KyoAni's latest work ^-^ The animation was quite good (but after watching Hyouka, I think it can be better)... I can't say much about the plot though... I don't know a lot from just 2 episodes...

SAO2- as usual. 14.5...

All they did was reuse the scenes from the old episodes...

Selector Spread WIXOSS- I already feel that the 1st season was better than this one... I miss Tama-chan so much T^T