Detective Conan World
Lovestruck

What's the last movie you saw?

Someone a week or two ago on reddit mentioned the movie GBF, and since it was on youtube, I decided to watch it out of boredom. I didn't. . . .particularly, ,, , , , ,enjoy it though...

Perhaps the best way to describe it is to liken it to the video game Life is Strange. Yeah the concept's alright, and acting's suitable for the most part, but the dialogue sounds like it was written by a bunch of adults trying to sound like teenagers, and that takes a lot away from the overall experience. The humor was really awkward too, and only slightly funny in a cringey sense. (This part perhaps being the worst offender) It also felt just really cliche in a few different ways. 

tl;dr tumblr_m42rn8fMPF1r58lid.jpgneat concept, but I didn't necessarily like its execution 

Mustang

Immediately watch it when i-D has an article about the movie sharing some similarities with The Virgin Suicides.

I love it.

I also enjoy reading Youtube comments on its trailer because it shows me some people are really... shallow-minded?

Me Before You

Funny story: when we went in, the ticket booth guy told my friend and me that lately, he'd seen a lot of teenage girls come out of the movie crying, and we might want to take a tissue or two before we went in. We, of course, considered ourselves cold-hearted critics who would never cry at some tragic rom-com in which somebody's obviously going to die (<-- person who didn't shed a single tear during A Fault in Our Stars, movie and book). Heck, the only reason I was even there was because Sam Claflin was on the poster. (did NOT recognize Khaleesi as Lou and afterwards D: )

But oh god I was such a wuss. Three quarters through and there were tears streaming down my face.

I mean like

Just

They're so sweet

tumblr_o22tsns74i1sgmr61o1_500.gif

tumblr_o4acxnezVi1uzomqmo1_500.gif

tumblr_o6mnh46HOM1ulesryo1_500.gif

HOW DO YOU NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS TWO??

(^All the while my friend stayed true to being a coldhearted critic)

(^I'm also pretty sure the ticket booth guy was laughing at me when he saw I left the theatre in tears)

(^Honestly though I had pretty good endurance compared to the girls who fell apart just halfway through. Ha. Losers.)

(^And theennnnn you realize this movie is actually pretty controversial)

On 7/2/2016 at 1:23 AM, Kirsch said:

Me Before You

Funny story: when we went in, the ticket booth guy told my friend and me that lately, he'd seen a lot of teenage girls come out of the movie crying, and we might want to take a tissue or two before we went in. We, of course, considered ourselves cold-hearted critics who would never cry at some tragic rom-com in which somebody's obviously going to die (<-- person who didn't shed a single tear during A Fault in Our Stars, movie and book). Heck, the only reason I was even there was because Sam Claflin was on the poster. (did NOT recognize Khaleesi as Lou and afterwards D: )

But oh god I was such a wuss. Three quarters through and there were tears streaming down my face.

I mean like

Just

They're so sweet

tumblr_o22tsns74i1sgmr61o1_500.gif

tumblr_o4acxnezVi1uzomqmo1_500.gif

tumblr_o6mnh46HOM1ulesryo1_500.gif

HOW DO YOU NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS TWO??

(^All the while my friend stayed true to being a coldhearted critic)

(^I'm also pretty sure the ticket booth guy was laughing at me when he saw I left the theatre in tears)

(^Honestly though I had pretty good endurance compared to the girls who fell apart just halfway through. Ha. Losers.)

(^And theennnnn you realize this movie is actually pretty controversial)

YOU'RE A WUSS HAHAHAHAHA. Thought you're the person who rarely cries? And for God's sake, Kirsch, you're crying over a fictional stuff :P

But seriously, I hope I don't come across as a gay (not that there's anything bad about it) but I remember hearing things especially the plot about that Movie and the Fault in our Stars from my Sis and some other people and I'm pretty sure that whoever made those movies or the books got their complete inspiration (esp. The Fault in our Stars) from the movie, A Walk to Remember, which I dunno if you've already watched it. (I admit watching it along time ago but hey, it's with my family. My mom and my older sis just forced me to watch it with them anyways so I ain't gay :P I didn't cry over it btw just clearing that out now. Hehe)

Gee don't break rules, people. That's already too much.

===

Warcraft

Loved it. I'll give it a 7/10 rating. I only have a small knowledge of the warcraft universe but the movie didn't go like too deep in the lore which would have made it impossible for me to understand.

The ending kinda setup a sequel for it so I hope they follow through altho the movie didn't do that well in terms of profit, from what I heard.

Also, another freaking example of a movie that reviewers didn't like but I really liked.

My only problem tho, the scene passing is weird. I mean like every 20 seconds the screen fades to a new scene/area. That's just poor directing for me.

On 7/16/2016 at 1:19 AM, .MK. said:

YOU'RE A WUSS HAHAHAHAHA. Thought you're the person who rarely cries? And for God's sake, Kirsch, you're crying over a fictional stuff :P

But seriously, I hope I don't come across as a gay (not that there's anything bad about it) but I remember hearing things especially the plot about that Movie and the Fault in our Stars from my Sis and some other people and I'm pretty sure that whoever made those movies or the books got their complete inspiration (esp. The Fault in our Stars) from the movie, A Walk to Remember, which I dunno if you've already watched it. (I admit watching it along time ago but hey, it's with my family. My mom and my older sis just forced me to watch it with them anyways so I ain't gay :P I didn't cry over it btw just clearing that out now. Hehe)

I've watched A Walk to Remember on TV reruns, but never the movie in its entirety. I guess I am a pretty big sap for this romances but oh well x3

On 7/26/2016 at 3:17 PM, Neo Balthazar said:

edge of tomorrow 

Ooh that's a fun one. Have you seen Re:Zero? While watching Re:Zero I was constantly comparing it to Edge of Tomorrow and i have to say, if you like one and you can bear  through at least 6 episodes of the other, life is good.

==

Star Trek: Beyond

This is actually my first Star Trek anything and it was completely different from what I'd expected. In a good way.

When we went to the theatres on Friday, I had been planning to watch Suicide Squad (hehe raki) but then my brother was like lelz no and went ahead and got Star Trek tickets. I was okay with it, because it's sci-fi and I like sci-fi, but after my horrible experience with the new Star Wars movie, I was really apprehensive about it too.

And gah, the opening scene--which is like the first minute or so--completely tore down any sort of impressions I'd had beforehand. I did not expect Kirk to be a pretty chill guy. I did not expect it to be funny. Little did I know that the tone set within the first few minutes of the movie would be well maintained through the rest of the film.

To be fair on my part, I'd walked in only knowing about the Star Trek legacy. I'd been expecting more sci-fi, more hard doom-and-gloom and saving the world themes (like Interstellar) (and like Star Wars) (I really did not like Star Wars) (i know i'm a nub but a nub can have opinions too right), but what it really turned out to be was adventurous, humorous, and just plain ol' fun. Sure, it was somewhat lacking in the sci-fi department and the crew dynamics felt a bit off, but it was a helluva ride and i was smiling much of the way through. Especially especially at the epic battle scene.

CLASSIC JUST CLASSIC

9 hours ago, Kirsch said:

I've watched A Walk to Remember on TV reruns, but never the movie in its entirety. I guess I am a pretty big sap for this romances but oh well x3

==

Star Trek: Beyond

This is actually my first Star Trek anything and it was completely different from what I'd expected. In a good way.

When we went to the theatres on Friday, I had been planning to watch Suicide Squad (hehe raki) but then my brother was like lelz no and went ahead and got Star Trek tickets. I was okay with it, because it's sci-fi and I like sci-fi, but after my horrible experience with the new Star Wars movie, I was really apprehensive about it too.

And gah, the opening scene--which is like the first minute or so--completely tore down any sort of impressions I'd had beforehand. I did not expect Kirk to be a pretty chill guy. I did not expect it to be funny. Little did I know that the tone set within the first few minutes of the movie would be well maintained through the rest of the film.

To be fair on my part, I'd walked in only knowing about the Star Trek legacy. I'd been expecting more sci-fi, more hard doom-and-gloom and saving the world themes (like Interstellar) (

Just admit it. You love the romance genre eventho you keep saying that it's draining/mind numbing :V Doesn't make you a lesser person you know :3

And HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT STAR WARS IS BAD? Sorry Kirsch, I really dont like you anymore jk :P 

Personally, if im gonna be honest, altho star wars has an awesome space operatic lore, the plot and the characters in it are too flat and one dimensional if Im gonna compare it to those movies that I highly love.

And I dunno but Star trek is just as similar as Star Wars so I had no idea why you liked the former but not the latter. Probably becoz of the explosions, Americans loves explosions in films, stereotypical truth.

On 8/15/2016 at 8:59 PM, .MK. said:

Just admit it. You love the romance genre eventho you keep saying that it's draining/mind numbing :V Doesn't make you a lesser person you know :3

And HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT STAR WARS IS BAD? Sorry Kirsch, I really dont like you anymore jk :P 

Personally, if im gonna be honest, altho star wars has an awesome space operatic lore, the plot and the characters in it are too flat and one dimensional if Im gonna compare it to those movies that I highly love.

And I dunno but Star trek is just as similar as Star Wars so I had no idea why you liked the former but not the latter. Probably becoz of the explosions, Americans loves explosions in films, stereotypical truth.

Idk if I've already mentioned this around the forums before, but I've only ever watched Star Wars Episode VII. Yes, yes, I probably would've had a completely different opinion had I actually watched it all in chronological order and understood the references and stuff, but I can still judge it, right? The main reason I didn't like it (and why I fell asleep) was the atmosphere-- Episode VII was constantly trying to press down the grimness of the situation. Being grim is okay, but what makes being grim a great direction for any story, imo, is to show that there can be another side to it, one where the universe is safe and peaceful and the characters are happy. Coming out of the theater, however, just left me with the impression that the entire movie was grim. Thinking back to a decidedly grim movie doesn't make me feel like watching it was a great experience.

Beyond that, the cinematography was just bad. Insert disclaimer here stating that I'm no expert, but oh god the way that final shot (spoiler: 360 camera zoom when Rey gives good ol' Luke his lightsaber) was done made me (and still makes me) feel all icky inside.

As for Star Trek, it was just fun. It was an adventure, it had over-the-top action scenes, and it made me laugh. I loved it. Explosions probably had something to do with it, but you have to understand that not all explosions are created equal. For example, any and all explosions/action sequences in San Andreas forced the viewers' intelligence to drop, while in the Star Trek, the explosions well-timed to incoherent screams of an 80s rock band were just plain awesome.

22 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

@kirsch

No i have not watch that one, but it sounds like its up my ally to try it

You definitely should! I usually don't follow seasonal anime, but Re:Zero is one that I find it worth it to make the effort. (probably should hold my tongue before the season ends though haha)

==

Rewatched Apollo 13 for the umpteenth time. The legend still stands.

8 hours ago, Kirsch said:

Idk if I've already mentioned this around the forums before, but I've only ever watched Star Wars Episode VII. Yes, yes, I probably would've had a completely different opinion had I actually watched it all in chronological order and understood the references and stuff, but I can still judge it, right? The main reason I didn't like it (and why I fell asleep) was the atmosphere-- Episode VII was constantly trying to press down the grimness of the situation. Being grim is okay, but what makes being grim a great direction for any story, imo, is to show that there can be another side to it, one where the universe is safe and peaceful and the characters are happy. Coming out of the theater, however, just left me with the impression that the entire movie was grim. Thinking back to a decidedly grim movie doesn't make me feel like watching it was a great experience.

Beyond that, the cinematography was just bad. Insert disclaimer here stating that I'm no expert, but oh god the way that final shot (spoiler: 360 camera zoom when Rey gives good ol' Luke his lightsaber) was done made me (and still makes me) feel all icky inside.

As for Star Trek, it was just fun. It was an adventure, it had over-the-top action scenes, and it made me laugh. I loved it. Explosions probably had something to do with it, but you have to understand that not all explosions are created equal. For example, any and all explosions/action sequences in San Andreas forced the viewers' intelligence to drop, while in the Star Trek, the explosions well-timed to incoherent screams of an 80s rock band were just plain awesome.

Whoa. whoa. If you didn't like it, it's fine :V No need to argue with your self :P

I didn't like the 7th anyway, coming from a Star Wars fan who watched all the movies. It's basically a retarded version of the original trilogy (the 4th-6th) since ya know, it's been a long time since the original came out and they thought the series needs to be rebooted for the new generation. Also, we live in a time now where one complete story equates one movie. The original trilogy was like a whole story split up in to three movies which actually gave you alot time to get to know the Characters.

And, I feel you. But  to me, the grim you are talking about works very well if the plot has an actual depth and you get attached to the characters first. Otherwise, it'll feel like being shoved into you. In this scenario, the fact that the plot was supposedly; a person, with no actual motivation on doing so, is trying to save the world from a complete evil (She was just dragged out of her dwelling) the plot was basically that. The Characters, on the otherhand, too much Characters introduced in one go made it hard to get to understand them individually and even so, they're too one dimensional to relate to. Rey, for example, was basically just a good gal who knows how to kick some butt. (She was still awesome) That's basically her almost complete personality description.

(Sorry for rambling again but I really just like good believable Character Development and deep woven plots . That's how I rate literature.)

As for the Final Shot, I did find it weird but just weird not bad. Also, connecting to character development (Spoiler #2: The sudden change of heart of Rey from just wanting to return home to suddenly wanting train under Luke with no good reason stated was appalling)

On Star Trek, I haven't watched the new one yet  so no spoiling for me :V but one of the things I liked in the two movies that I was before that was the Personality Clash but yet bromantic relationship between Spock and Captain Kirk. I dunno if it's noticeable in the new movie you've watched but Spock is the pure Logical Side of the Crew while Kirk is the Emotional\Risk Taker Side. They always tend to clash since polar opposite views yet they spend more screen time having bromance moments together than having screen times with their actual romantic partners.

It's a good thing tho, they're different personality. it kinda brings balance to the decisions made for the Crew. Prevents boring stuffs but also prevents too much recklesness

But yeah explosions xD I really recommend that you watch the two beforehand star trek movies. They're really good (more explosions :3) specifically, the relationship growth between the Crew members and more specfically, how Spock and Kirk became friends and how it develops (I won't spoil anything haha  but they originally hated each other badly.) (Also Benedict Cumberbatch was on the Second movie if that means anything to you :P)

I just watched the whole Harry Potter Franchise but I already watched the first seven when I was really young but since I never understood it way back then, I rewatched but anyways, It's really good. The twists and the plot and the movie singularly themselves were really well done. It really stands as a classic to me, my favorite one was the first two since it was just more way focused on a mystery and then solving it than compared to the other consecutive movies, not that they were bad, coz they were really good too as compared to some movies out there. But anyways, I really loved the character development of the trio plus the twins (older brothers of Ron) and like Snape, Dumbledore, Neville, Ginny and Luna and all those guys. They weren't one flat plane of good/evil.

===

Also, just watched Shutter Island. How come I never heard of it before? It was really awesome.

On 9/17/2011 at 10:30 PM, Lovestruck said:

Nanny mcpheee!!

I like that movie <33333333

Our maid looks just like her XD

Ofc it counts :P

yeah my mom says she need one to make us humans 

last movie i saw was "Ouija:Origins of evil