Detective Conan World
Lovestruck

What's the last movie you saw?

Mad Max: Fury Road

I was supposed to watch this when it came out, but I got busy around that time, and eventually forgot about it. Overall, I enjoyed it. Granted, the plot was very weak, but it had tons of action, and visually pleasing. I know the dialogue probably isn't gonna be the emphasis in these type of movies, but man some of these lines were awful. Not sure what was up with Immortan Joe's costume design, but I felt like he resembled the villiains who were in the live action films back in the day. Like Shao Kahn in the first MK movie when he appeared as a giant at the end, LOL.

I've got a couple of movies on my watch list, so I should be posting more on this thread soon.

Oh yeah, since it has Zoe Kravitz in it, it's an automatic win for Mad Max.

Edited by Ryo

Abduction (2011)

To be honest, it was pretty bad.... :L

I really want to watch Inside Out. I keep hearing great things about it.

Soooo......... I recently watched Inside Out and Jurassic World.

Inside Out was hilariously relatable (the gum commercial had me in tears) and I absolutely loved it. The characters were all great and everything was executed fabulously. The emotions were personified flawlessly and so creatively. The plot was relatively bland, but everything else completely made up for it. My sister also seemed to like it a lot, haha.

This movie was honestly one of the most original movies I've ever watched. It's fantastic.

Jurassic World was, meh. It was pretty bad. The CGI was fine, but everything else was cringe-worthy. The characters were stale and predictable, the amount of overused TV tropes in the movie is too damn high to count, the humor was forced, the whole purpose of the movie seemed like an excuse to show off dinosaur fight scenes instead of focusing on the plot (which was also nothing unique), the romantic subplot was completely unnecessary, Zach should be nominated for the Darwin Award, and the ending was blasphemous.

The spiel about sticking together for "survival" was corny, ridiculous, left a bad aftertaste, and was probably the one of the worst possible ways the movie could've ended. The only "major" character who died was that one British babysitter/assistant who no one really gave a damn about. Heck, I even laughed at how cruel and morbid her death was.

I knew the movie was bad after I caught myself looking down at my watch repeatedly while impatiently waiting for the movie to end. Also, the mother of those two kids looked strangely like my dreadful pre-calc teacher, making this movie, by default, the worst movie I've ever watched.

loljk, I actually liked my old pre-calc teacher.

But in all seriousness, this movie sucked.

Fruitvale Station

- Loved this movie. The Oscar Grant story was really hard to read about. 

Interstellar

- Visually pleasing. A couple of slow moments, but I'm assuming it was for more of a scientific approach, instead of entertainment. The film's score kind of made up for the boring dialogue, but it wasn't great. Sidenote: it's hard to watch anything with Matthew McConaughey in it. His performances consist of him just mumbling. I don't mind lengthy films, as long as the quality is there to match, but I couldn't watch this 2-3 more times. The characters weren't very interesting, and I would've liked a plot that made more sense. Idk, maybe I just expected more. 

Blended

Ain't really that funny for a comedy movie but I guess it's more than passable in terms of the actual theme being portrayed. I give it a *half thumbs up*

Gahhh.... Haven't watched a movie in awhile.

Shingeki no Kyojin Live Action

Man, the whole thing is a mess. :v

Where is the turning point of Eren's life when he saw his mom in the mercy of the titans? MikasaxLevi? Oh please, just no. I cannot even believe that they engage Mikasa and Eren in a relationship much more her and my Levi. She's supposed to be a cool and badass squad member not the girly girly type. :v

And what's the point of including that Hiana girl in the movie? Because that's like the weirdest plot twist I've seen.

I appreciate their effort to give another light to the plot but too much changing ruins the whole story. At least, in my opinion. :v

The Maze Runner (yup, kind of too late)

OMG. Same. Same. I just saw this movie just this last week. Never finished it tho. It just came on TV and watched for awhile but needed to go so I'm gonna watch it again soon.

And, I'm also super late. Never watched it before and never thought that it was really super cool.

We Need To Talk About Kevin

I... I didn't dislike it I guess. I feel unsatisfied with the ending though and, to be blunt, the main thing in the plot probably could've been avoided entirely. The way the story was presented was unique but that's really the only thing I liked about it. I'm just... I'm so, so salty about the mother's failure to react. There were so many red flags, the mother knew they were there, and yet she didn't do anything about it. why

I didn't necessarily like nor dislike the movie but I don't regret watching it. It was still enjoyable and entertaining in some aspects. I feel bad that the movie is reduced to that gif of the main character during that weird as though since the movie is a lot more than that. 

Still one of the best movies I've ever watched although I watched it like a hundred times. The battles just made me cringe lol especially when Leonidas threw the spear on Xerxes Not historically accurate tho but it would be blunt if it was, for sure.

DBZ: Resurrection F.......um, I don't get why people thought this was good. I never was a fan of the whole 'Super Saiyan God" idea, and Frieza comes off as a weak villain in the movie. I'm dead at people who said "DBZ fans will enjoy this"...sorry man, bad comedies aren't my thing. So many inconsistencies in these latest movies, but ya know

... Milking-it.jpg