Detective Conan World
Maurice

Case Closed on Wii

Any word on when it'll be released? Does anyone have more information about it? Has anyone played the Japanese version by any chance?

I hope it's as good as I expect it to be. :)

I'm not too sure about this, but as far as I know it was already released in Europe last May. For the US release, I was a bit confused since I found some sites saying it's expected to be out later this year, but it says here that it was already released in April. :|

Played about 4 hours (?) worth of the game on my boyfriend's hacked Wii. The PAL English release of the game enables you to switch between English and Japanese voice acting at will (thank god). I think the main gripe I have with this game is the atrocious camera control: you're permanently stuck at Conan's height level (which is impossible to really see from).

I wouldn't get my hopes up at this point. It all depends on how the show is received in the US. We'll see with the movie releases coming out on DVD.

I'm buying ALL OF THE DVDs to support Funimation, and I even put up a post about the movies, telling everyone to do so. Though I've only been a DC fan for three years, I've grown so attached, people around me (In real life, not thru computer) are noticing my observation skills improving, and my mannerisms are actually acting like those of Shinichi's. I even bought the entire Holmes collection!

Anyways, yeah, I'm buyin all movies and box sets of seasons as they are released. I can't wait for Movie Six!

Any word on when it'll be released? Does anyone have more information about it? Has anyone played the Japanese version by any chance?

I hope it's as good as I expect it to be. :)

I live in the uk and have seen it on some websites but not sure about getting it has avrage reviews on metacritic

also dose the japanse voice acting inculde english subs I can not stand the english vioce acting

I live in the uk and have seen it on some websites but not sure about getting it has avrage reviews on metacritic

also dose the japanse voice acting inculde english subs I can not stand the english vioce acting

As far as I know, you can have Japanese audio with english subtitles, which is NICE.

Looks like we may not be seeinga an English release, which is very unfortunate. I'll have to import it... :-/. Either way I've been wanting to import a couple of games anyway, so I might as well pick this one up.

It was supposedly scheduled for its release on the Wii in the U.S. last December 31st. For some odd reason, that didn't happen. I'm going to end up buying the European one through the internet and then use a Free Coder to play it. So when I do I'll tell you all about it.

It was supposedly scheduled for its release on the Wii in the U.S. last December 31st. For some odd reason, that didn't happen. I'm going to end up buying the European one through the internet and then use a Free Coder to play it. So when I do I'll tell you all about it.

make sure you havnt updated your wii in the last year or so, improted brawl from the us before it came out in the uk using a freeloader and after updating it stoped working. Anyway just got the game in the uk, as a game its pretty bad, but if u buy and think your just buying one long episode of conan then youll get the most out of it. I am not really complaining about it anyway as I got it for £6

live in the uk and have seen it on some websites but not sure about getting it has avrage reviews on metacritic

what??? i like the english voice acting better than Japanese one <_<

001.jpg

Case Closed, the Mirapolis Investigation, or Meitantei Conan: Tsuioku no Gensou (MIRAAJU) (名探偵コナン 追憶の幻想 (ミラージュ),was developed by Marvelous Entertainment and was published by Marvelous Interactive in Japan and Nobilis in Europe, and came out in Japan May 17, 2007.

The game has claimed to be released December 31, 2008, then April 2009, and also December 31, 2010. The game was liscenced in North America by Sega, but there are no expected plans of a release as of now, which is believed to be due to the low success of the series.

The cast, according to Wikipedia, was expected to be as follows (there is also the voice actors in the Japanese version listed beside the suspected English voice actors):

Conan Edogawa AlisonViktorin/Minami Takayama

Jimmy Kudo/Shinichi Kudo Jerry Jewell Keith

Richard Moore/Kogoro Mouri RBruce Elliott/Akira Kamiya

Rachel Moore/Ran Mouri Colleen Clinkenbeard/Wakana Yamazaki

George Kaminski/Genta Kojima MikeMcFarland/Wataru Takagi

Mitch Tennison/Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya Cynthia Cranz/Ikue Otani

Amy Yeager/Ayumi Yoshida Monica Rial/Yukiko Iwai

Anita Hailey/Ai Haibara Brina Palencia/Megumi Hayashibara

Harley Hartwell/Heiji Hattori Kevin M.Connolly/Ryou Horikawa

Katrina Tolliver/Kazuha Toyama AmberCotton/Yuko Miyamura

Jack Chase/Tadaki Kai Christopher R. Sabat/Rikiya Koyama

Utako Chase/Utako Kai Stephanie Young/Yumi Takada

Keith Kozlof/Kyoichi Kurosaki ToddHaberkorn/Mamoru Miyano

Linda Hill/Linda Hanayama Carrie Savage/Saeko Chiba

Emily Hill/Emily Hanayama Leah Clark/Ryoko Shintani

Jim Oger/Shunsaku Ogino Bill Jenkins/Kenta Miyake

Jess Rayburn/Yuri Matoba Caitlin Glass/Yuu Asakawa

Al Watson/Naoya Imaizumi Chris Cason/Akio Suyama

Meg Wexham/Megumi Oikawa Gwen Lau/Sakiko Tamagawa

C.J. Arnold/Moe Kasuga Luci Christian/Eri Sendai

Additional Voices Ian Sinclair

The plot is that Kogoro (or in the Case Closed version, Richard), along with Ran/Rachel and the Detective Boys (this includes Haibara/ Vi) are going to this hotel called the Mirapolis that recently opened up, and that there was a murder that happened, so you play as Conan to solve the case.

The game formerly had a website in English, http://www.detectiveconan-thegame.com/, but I recently checked a couple of links and it seems the website is not available any more. But there is a Japanese website for the game, http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/wii/conan/.

Here's the video trailer:

Preview Trailer

• Upvote 1

CRAZY! japanese better!!!!^-^

I totally agree! Japanese voice casting is 100 times better than English one! And I don't really like the Funimation how they changed the characters' names... which wasn't even necessary :(

I have it and finished it.

The game is good (not great, good) but it's only entertaining the first time we play it.

The plot involves the opening ceremony of a resort park called Mirapolis. Kogoro Mouri is invited and brings along all the group.

Of course, soon, a series of murders begins to occur. Conan and Heiji investigate the case.

This game has one huge quality: the story. The story is really good, one of the best Conan stories I think, with a lot of surprises, but the investigation can only follow one direction so the game won't surprise anymore after being completed once.

As someone said before, two dubs: English and Japanese, both very good.

The gameplay involves the use of a Wiimote but, sometimes, it's almost stupid (for example, when we must completely turn the Wiimote to turn a bag for finding a clue).

The system of deduction is much more interesting but, in fact, the testimony almost only implies the important characters of the game (no random eyewitness).

There is some mini-games and a gallery of illustrations to unlock to try to boost the game time beyond the first part, but that's probably the worst idea the game has.

But only for the "one hell of a story", I don't regret to have buying it.

For those who couldn't play the game, the whole story (as I remember it, leading maybe to some small mistakes or imprecisions. There are also some elements I would have liked to add but that I can't explain unfortunately because my english level isn't good enough):

Three black shadows are discussing about an swindle which was discovered by someone of their company and they are now facing the menace of a trial. They decide to kill the witness and the next scene represents a car accident.

Years later, Conan, Ran, Kogoro, Ai, Ayumi, Mitsuhiko and Genta arrive on Mirapolis Island, a new entertainment park.

During the opening ceremony, Conan met the "casting of the case": Tadaki Kai (37), the owner of Mirapolis, and his wife Utako (27), Kai's secretary Megumi Oikawa (28), the Mirage magic troop composed the magician Kyoichi Kurosaki (20) and his assistants, the sisters Emily (20) and Linda Hanayama (18), the former comedian Naoya Imaizumi (36) who owes a big debt to Kai and who must work for him like a slave to pay it back, the maid Moe Kazuga (18) who spies on the guests and called herself a detective, and two mysterious guests.

One of those guests is a then unnamed woman with black sunglasses, the other one is called Shunsaku Ogino (37) and has a scar on his face.

After Conan's group plays to some video games and a tutorial in which Conan must resolve the Kogoro's handkerchief disparition case, Conan and Ai decide to separate themselves from the others. They see an argument between the Mirage members and especially the Hanayama sisters. Linda is in love with Kurosaki but he chose the older sister Emily instead of her to play the main role in their next show.

Then, Conan and Ai discover the door to the swimming pool is strangely opened when its opening day was scheduled for the following day. They go inside and discover the body of the strange unnamed woman. Conan deduces her identity and the way she was murdered (by strangulation if I remember well).

The swimming pool is condamned, Kogoro Mouri allowing only Kai, Conan and himself to be at the crime scene, and asking Kai to call the police.

Then, Ran insists for the kids to stay in their room when, by chance, Conan and her meet Heiji and Kazuha in the corridor. Thanks to Heiji, Conan could investigate with him, but Kazuha is furious that her day with Heiji is once again ruined by a case.

Conan and Heiji discover Kogoro talking with Kai, the detective suspecting him.

The next day (I think), the Detective Boys escape the supervision of Ran and Kazuha and go to the Ice Labyrinth. Conan and Heiji go after them and a new murder occurs. Shunsaku Ogino is found dead. The Detective Boys, Kai, Utako, Megumi, Kurosaki and Emily are at the scene.

Kurosaki is able to deduce the modus operandi (poison) which surprises Conan but he learns the magician is a medecine student and performs only to gain money to pay for his studies.

Conan is able to deduce how Ogino was killed and understands that the poison was put after he fell on the ground. The culprit was at the Ice Labyrinth but a back door could have allowed him to escape, which means the culprit could be a person who was absent from the witnesses at the scene.

Emily says something strange which implies she has understand who did the murder.

The police is still not here and Kogoro insists to Kai that the park must be evacuated from all civilians.

A blackout happens at some moment. Conan is able to activate the power-core back but the exit door to the park still doesn't work and all safety boats are damaged.

During the night, to make people forget their worries, the magic troop performs their new show despite the danger of the murderer still being around. At the end of the show, the magic trick turns bad and Emily is found dead, estrangled, behind a water glass.

Conan and Heiji, who know how the trick is performed, understand instantly it is murder and how the assassin killed Emily. But only a person who knows the details of the show could have done this murder.

Linda is Kogoro's prime suspect, with jealousy as a motive. Some evidences are found on the way to her room. When she is found inside, she pretends to have been drugged by someone and to have only awakened now, but everyone has seen Linda performing acrobaties with her sister on the stage. But, because the sisters were wearing a mask, someone as athletic as Linda could have impersonate her.

Conan realizes that Linda is afraid of water, reason why she couldn't have the lead role in the scene earlier, and so she couldn't be the murderer.

The link between Kai and the first two victims (during the opening scene) is finally revealed by the cop who Heiji often calls for informations during the time Kogoro strongly suspects Linda to have only killed Emily. Kogoro also asks Kai why he hasn't still called the police, calls them himself and arrests Kai, waiting for the police's arrival.

Some time later, having collected all the evidences they need to confront the true culprit, Conan and Heiji prepare to join Kogoro when Kai escapes, taking Ayumi as his hostage, and hides with her until he can leave the island. Conan, Ran, Heiji and Kogoro find him and are able to save Ayumi. Kai is then arrested again, with everyone finally being reunited in the same room, and Conan decides its the perfect time for Sleeping Kogoro's show.

Sleeping Kogoro reveals Kai and the first two victims killed the man who had discovered their illegal traffic, also killing his wife in the process. The only survivor of the car accident was a young boy, who turned about to be an amnesic Kurosaki, who was reported lost.

His older sister, young Utako, was all alone. Feeling guilty, Kai tried to support her, allowing her to make studies and she even became a olympic gymnast. They fell sincerely in love and married each other.

But Kai was soon threatened by his accomplices who trade their silence in exchange of money on a regular basis. Utako surprised one of their conversations and swore to herself to avenge her family from their killers and especially from the man who also deceived her, becoming insane.

The two premeditated murders occured as planned and she hoped Kai would give himself to the police, after what she would have killed him. But, in the Ice Labyrinth, Emily, suspecting Kai of the murder, said strange words leading Utako to think she has in fact witnessed the murder itself. Afraid, Utako decided to kill her, leading to a rushed and imperfect murder with a lot of clues behind, especially the one supposed to charge Linda, ignoring she was actually afraid of water.

Because of this murder, Conan and Heiji were able to identify the culprit. Knowing she has lost the game, Utako tries at least to kill Kai but Conan's ball prevents her from doing so. Utako and Kai are both arrested (Utako also confirms to Kurosaki that they "were" brother and sister but that she could no longer have revealed it to him by the time she came to realize it) and soon Mirapolis will close his doors.

Thanks Glass heart!

You're welcome !

I just read it and I found a lot of mistakes in my resumee (I was tired when I wrote it). I edited and fixed most of the mistakes, so the text should be more understandable now. Sorry for that !

It's too bad we might never get this game. We never get most anime games except for you know,Naruto and DBZ.

Well, at least several of them are good. The Dragon Ball Z Budokai/Budokai Tenkaichi fight games are a reference and the Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 being called a masterpiece and the best anime video game ever by critics (I've never played a Naruto video game yet).

But it still is sad for other licences like Detective Conan which also have good potential (only the Wii game of DC is distributed in Europe and I don't think it has sold well sadly).