Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
hopes

A Temptress's Spell Chapter 3

Finally updated!! :D I'm posting it here first. FanFiction can wait. :P Enjoy!!

Kaito knew something was wrong. He could just feel it. He felt a bit uneasy when he found out that his precious card gun had been stolen, but… Now, he felt even more uncertain. There was no reason for anyone to steal his card gun… Was there?

Wait… The last time I had something missing, that happened... Kaito’s eyes widened.

“Of course!” He jumped off his bed. “The last time, my handkerchief went missing! When that happened… That witch… She must be planning something!”

The magician began to pace impatiently around his room. “But what now? I can’t just storm into her mansion without any precautions. Hm… There has to be some reason for her to do this.

She knows I won’t be swayed by her spell…” Kaito’s indigo eyes alit with realization. “There must be others who are immune, then!”

Kaito scanned his mind for possible people. “…Hakuba hasn’t seemed to be attracted by her… And his watch is missing… And… Who else?”

The teenager sighed, frustrated. “It could be some random person… How the hell am I supposed to know?”

Kaito laid down on his bed and stared at the ceiling as he thought. Let’s see… I have a deranged witch after me and Tantei-san… Tantei-san…? Tantei…!

“Tantei-kun!”

(((((((((((((((((((

Conan sneezed.

“Are you catching a cold, Conan-kun?” Ayumi asked, concerned.

“No, someone’s probably just talking about me…” The shrunken chibi quickly said.

“Eh… Is that so?” Mitsuhiko joined the conversation.

“Yeah, probably…” Conan smiled on the outside, but inside he felt uncertain about something. He glanced around. It feels like someone has been following me… And after that feeling yesterday… I should keep an eye out.

“Conan!” Conan snapped back.

“Yeah, Genta?”

“Stop moping! It’s Saturday, let’s go play soccer in the park! I have my ball here.” Genta held out the black and white ball for Conan to see.

The detective smiled. Soccer will help me relax a bit… I haven’t played in a while either. “Okay.”

“Alright! Let’s go!”

(((((((((((((((((((

“That was a good game!” Ayumi cheerfully announced after they’d finished their soccer match.

“Ayumi-chan…” Mitsuhiko groaned from the ground. “C’mon… We lost twenty four to zero…”

“Conan! You must be the best soccer player in the world!” Genta panted next to Mitsuhiko. “You beat us all by yourself...”

The mini detective sweat-dropped, still juggling the ball. “I guess I went a little overboard, sorry…”

“Don’t apologize!” Mitsuhiko muttered. “And if you hadn’t used all of your effort, then it wouldn’t be a challenge.”

The faux child was taken aback. “O-Okay…”

“Well? Do you feel better now?” Ayumi asked.

“Eh? What do you mean?”

Genta rolled his eyes. “Duh, we’re talking about how you’ve been acting lately.”

“Eh?”

“You’ve been on edge Conan-kun. We’d have to be blind not to notice.” Mitsuhiko explained.

“Really?” He hadn’t noticed he had been that obvious. “Sorry, guys… I’ve had a lot on my mind.”

“It’s okay, Conan-kun! We’re just glad you’re feeling better.”

“That’s right!”

“Yeah!”

“I really appreciate it, guys.” The detective did. To have them do this for him… And know that soccer would cheer him up… It was nice to have friends like the Detective Boys. Regardless how easily they can get into trouble. “Thanks.”

“Of course~!”

“Well, I think it’s time we head home… It’s starting to get late.”

“Okay!”

“See you later!”

“Bye!”

))))))))))))))))))

“Those kids…” Conan gave a small chuckle as he walked towards the Mouri Detective Agency.

Suddenly, the detective felt some kind of presence… Something that was watching him.

Quickly, he made his way over to the entrance and went inside.

“I’m home!”

“Welcome home!” Ran called back from the kitchen. “How was your afternoon, Conan-kun?”

“Good! We played soccer!”

Ran laughed as Conan entered the kitchen. “That must have been fun!”

“Yep.” The mini detective continued the childish façade, but glanced around uneasily. “What are we having for dinner tonight?”

“Curry!” Ran answered happily. “I haven’t made this in a while, so I figured I should make it tonight.”

“Okay! I’ll be in my room.”

“Alright. I’ll call you when it’s ready.”

“Thanks!”

The detective tentatively walked to the room he and Kogoro shared. The floor was littered with beer cans.

“That old man really needs to pick up…” Conan muttered. “Geez.”

He began to pick up the cans when there was a noise at the window.

Startled, Conan immediately looked at the source of the noise. On the other side of the window, there was a dove with snow white feathers pecking gently at the glass.

After putting down the cans, the faux child carefully opened the window. The bird cooed happily and nudged his hand.

“Eh?” Conan studied the dove. “Are you… Could you possibly that dove we took care for during the Memories Egg heist?”

Joyful that it was recognized, the bird cooed and flapped its wings.

“I see… But… You’re Kaitou Kid’s dove. I highly doubt that you grew sick of him and decided to have me care for you… Why are you here?”

The dove seemed to motion its head and flew out of the window. Conan watched it fly to a person wearing a black cap, a red t-shirt and jeans next to an alleyway.

Realizing who the person was, Conan ran out of the room and downstairs. “I’ll be back in a minute, Ran-neechan!”

“Eh? O-Okay!” Ran let the boy go outside. He was responsible after all…

Conan dashed to where he saw Kid. He spotted the figure in the dirty alleyway.

“Hey!” He called out to the figure turned away from him.

“Yes, Tantei?” Kaitou Kid’s unmistakable voice came from the figure holding the dove elegantly on one finger.

“What are you doing here?”

“Aw, Tantei… I feel hurt. You don’t like me visiting you?”

“On the contrary, no!” Conan sighed. “Why are you here?”

“Let me ask you something, Tantei… Have you ever wanted something… Something so badly that you’ll do anything to get?”

The detective was puzzled at the thief’s question. “…No.”

“…” Kid stroked the dove delicately. The bird cooed softly. “I see… That’s truly unfortunate, Tantei.”

“You’re a thief. Why are you asking me this?” Conan’s cerulean blue eyes widened. “…You’re not Kaitou Kid.”

“What makes you think that, Tantei?” The imposter turned their head towards the tense detective.

“Kaitou Kid wouldn’t ask a question like that! He’s a thief; He steals. He wouldn’t need to do something so desperate. And he calls me Tantei-kun.”

“Is that so?” The person turned completely around, the dove still upon their hand. The cap shadowed most of their face. “Well then, Tantei-kun, I believe it’s time to collect what I came for.”

Conan instinctively took a step back. “And what is that?”

A smirk. “You’ll see.” Fingers snapped.

Out of nowhere, a gigantic snake appeared.

The detective stared at the beast. The thing appeared to be about eighteen feet long and two feet wide. Its glowing yellow eyes drilled into his. The detective noticed the dove was gone.

Conan went to bend down to his super-powered sneakers, but found he couldn’t move. He began to try and struggle, but to no avail. “What… What the hell is this?!”

“Oh my. Children shouldn’t use such language.” The imposter laughed, still in Kid’s voice. They stroked the king cobra lovingly. “Ohoho~! My darling here has special powers… Most likely beyond your comprehension.”

“…Powers? Impossible. Magic isn’t real!”

“Oh, it is…” The figure changed voices. Conan’s eyes widened in shock. It was a female’s voice! “You’ll see soon…”

“You’re… A girl?”

“Why, yes! You didn’t think a woman could pose as Kid? How naïve.”

“Shut… up.”

“I don’t think you’re in a position to made demands.” The imposter coldly spoke. She pointed her long and delicate finger at Conan. The snake began to slither up to the detective, hissing. It began to coil and wrap tauter by the moment around his small frame.

“Urgh…” Conan still attempted to struggle as his body was squeezed.

“I wouldn’t move if I were you.” The woman advised, with a sly smirk. “The more movement, the tighter it will become.”

“I… Realize that.” The detective bit out.

“I’m not sure you do. I wouldn’t want my new toy broken so quickly.”

“Toy?”

“Yes, toy.” That damned smirk. Conan wanted to kick her in the face on full power.

“D-Damn… you.”

The faux child froze rigidly as felt the presence of two sharp fangs on the skin of his tiny neck.

“Are you aware that my precious darling here is a king cobra?”

“…”

“I’ll take the silence as a no. Well, I’m certain you’re aware of the effects of a king cobra’s venom.”

“I… Thought you said… You didn’t want… Your new toy… Broken so… Quickly.”

“Ohohohoho~! Correct!”

“Then… Isn’t it meaningless… To threaten me?”

“Not in the least, Tantei-kun.” Conan gritted his teeth, trying not to move now. “This venom can be fatal, but it could just paralyze you.”

“Still… Meaningless.”

“Not quite. You may not die, you may be simply paralyzed… But the pain is excruciating.”

“I… Know that.”

“Really now... Care to test that?”

“Go… Ahead. I’d like… To see you… Try.”

The expression of the imposter’s face was not one who was bluffing. As she prepared to snap her fingers, Conan squeezed his eyes shut and prepared to bear the pain.

“KOIZUMI!”

Akako stopped as she heard her name called. She glanced behind her and saw Kaito running towards them. She gave a twisted smile. Conan opened his eyes to see an exact copy of Kudou Shinichi with messy hair.

“Ah, Kuroba-kun. How lovely of you to join us.”

“Koizumi…” Kaito panted, glaring at the witch. “What the hell are you doing with that kid?”

“I’m threatening him, obviously.”

“Stay out of this, Kuroba-kun. It doesn’t concern you.”

“Like hell it doesn’t! Get your snake off the kid and leave!”

Conan heard fingers snap and felt the air escape from his lungs as the king cobra start to crush his body. He could barely breathe. “Ur… gh…”

The magician was horrified, but he couldn’t do anything. “TANTEI-KUN!”

Tantei-kun? Kid?

“Ohoho~! Oh my.” Akako laughed with delight. She removed the black cap and tossed it away. Magenta locks of hair fell gracefully upon her shoulders. “You’d go so far to let him know you’re Kaitou Kid?”

“Of course, I would! This isn’t a game, Koizumi! It’s life or death!” Kaito was furious. The temptress was surprised, as she had never seen the magician mad before. She was actually a little bit scared. Still, she’d still keep up her Poker Face, even if Kaito wouldn’t.

It would be understatement to say Conan was astonished at the events taking place before him. The detective was struggling to breathe and taking the biggest breathes of air he could without having the snake coil around him more. “Hhn… Ngh…”

“Tantei-kun!” Kaito called out, clearly frustrated he couldn’t do anything.

Akako snapped her fingers once more and the king cobra tightened around the small frame once more. A choking sound, a gasp and a laugh echoed the deserted alleyway.

The magician watched, aghast, as he saw the unconscious body of his favorite critic crumple to the ground as the snake finally released the detective.

Akako strolled over and gently picked up the boy as if he was a baby and she was his mother. She carefully cradled him.

“How sweet…” She whispered, rocking him. “He’s much cuter like this.”

“Don’t… Touch… Him.” Akako glanced at the magician. Kaito was shaking in fury.

“I believe it’s too late to say that, as I’m already holding him.” The witch pointed out. “Now, please excuse us. It’s time for us to be going.”

“You… You… Bitch.”

The temptress’s blood red eyes narrowed. “I won’t forget that, Kuroba-kun. For now, good-bye.”

Akako shifted Conan’s weight to one side. And with one final snap of her fingers, she, he, and it were gone, leaving Kaito all alone in the dark alleyway.

TANTEI-KUN!”

Yes... Yes, I made Kaito lose his Poker Face. Sorry about that. But really... I wonder what it's like when Kaito's mad. You never see anything like that! Or Conan for that matter... Anyway, I know it was strange... But seriously, I felt so evil writing this. CONAN WAS KINDAPPED!! Akako is evil~!!

While I was writing this chapter, I had a different idea. But then, it changed... I like this one better.

Please tell me what you thought!! Thanks!!

• Upvote 3

We're in love with cobras. XD

Great going, Chels! And great dialogue! You can take care of the details later. Hope you keep updating while the inspiration lasts! (which is what I should be doing, LOL)

This is awesome <333 Poor Conan :( Wonder where they are going and what Ran thinks about that ^^ oh..no... watch out Heiji! Akako is coming... sooner or later x'') Can't wait to see what happens next x33 Go Kaito Go!!!

Sadist! LOL (I have no right to talk...) I forget what happened last chapter... Hmm... I'll reread it later when you update it on ff.net. Akako's actions seem a bit extreme though. That would be a humongous king cobra.... *shivers* They're usually about half that size and weigh only thirteen pounds... (wikipedia. ^^) I just noticed something. Kaito never found out what happened to his handkerchief in the manga.

...I thought they were that size but weighed that much. I'm pretty sure... Well, I can change it. Oh, well, I think Kaito would be smart enough to figure out what happened... Missing handkerchief, being injured, witch... He's smart. :P