Detective Conan World
Sherlock Lupin

Yaoi or Yuri

39 members have voted

1. 1. Yaoi or Yuri???

• Yaoi
    • Yuri
    • Best of Both Worlds!
    • Neither, now excuse me while I go puke.

@Moroboshi Dai: Yaoi = Boy x Boy; Yuri = Girl x Girl

As for me, last year my teacher explained about gays/lesbians and while I do feel a little uncomfortable about it, it's not their fault. They didn't choose to be who they are. I'm sure if they could, they would've chosen to be straight. It's something my parents and I disagree on: whether or not people who are GLBT can change. I go with no. It's simply something that happens. And as Mark said, people are people, no matter how they are. You can't blame them for how they were born.

i see thanks for the explanation

I wonder if given the choice, such people would change their sexual orientation. I mean, sure they didn't choose it, but it's a part of them. It's a defining quality as much as anything else in their lives. I think it's regretful that such 'traits' are usually kept secret out of fear of being bullied and isolated. Such fears shouldn't exist. They shouldn't have to worry that they'll be ridiculed and treated like they were less than any of us- it's simply not fair. We have no right to judge who they are and their preferences as we could never truly understand. But we can at least try to understand and accept it. Personally, I feel we shouldn't all just reject gays/lesbians. All it shows is narrow-mindedness.

People who are homosexual are really no different from us if you think about it. The only strange thing about them is that they like the same gender. But nonetheless, they have feelings and want to fit in as much as everyone else. Like others have said, the homosexual do not choose what kind of gender they like. They were born that way.

I was once told a story. A man knew that he was gay, but would get teased and picked on for it when he was little. So when that man grew up, he forced himself to become "normal" and married a woman. However, he was not as happy as he could have been if he would have done what he wanted. The man still loved his family, but his family didn't bring him the happiness he craved for.

So my point is that you should accept others for who they are, in order for them to live a life of happiness as well. Because they deserve it as much as you do.

Something to remember about me is that I write Fem!stories. Yaoi fans call me a homophobe all the time. I don't deny it because I'm kind of scared to write a same-sex story, and I also gender bend by habit. I can pretend I'm fine with it when I read it, but I can't bring myself to do it because of my Christian morals.

Hi, my name is Sherlock Lupin, and I'm a full-fledged Christian and a closet homophobe.

^Same here. I like you, Lissie-chan. +1 for you :D

This thread sounds like it's turning into a KTPT vs Aeyra debate :P Lesson learned: never dare argue with a fanfiction writer, especially one as great as Aeyra :P

There is nothing I'm begging for more in this world than for someone to write an awesome KaixFem!Shin story. If someone does, then I can die happily.(I do wish you'd write one, please~~ <3) I've lost count of how many times I've nearly cried because a certain KaiShin fic I loved wasn't genderbent.

I do think that gays should be treated like normal human beings (Question is: how do you normally treat a human being?). If we have prejudices, if we judge them (hey, most people do), we shouldn't treat them as outcasts. Treat all human beings as human beings, whether they are criminals, cannibals, or whatever else. Period. [i do suggest taking extra caution around cannibals :P] How I treat a person depends on his character; I don't care so much whether he's gay or lesbian, as long as he proves himself to be respectable and honorable. It's his character and his principles that count. In some cases, gays can be more normal than straight guys. I do not in any way encourage homosexuality; however I do accept homos as people with rights to life, liberty, etc. I don't think we should say that they were born that way; I believe that lots of factors come into play in a person's development. The environment plays a huge role in molding a person's character in the future. (Go ask Vygotsky, LOL) For some reason, they turned out that way, and there's nothing we can do about it. We will always have different opinions on this matter, so I'm not asking or encouraging anyone to take either side. So if we don't like them or approve of them? We simply have to love them. [Hey, don't get me wrong :P]

Oops, I think I turned this into a rant already. Sorrrrrry!!! :D

• Upvote 1

^Same here. I like you, Lissie-chan. +1 for you :D

This thread sounds like it's turning into a KTPT vs Aeyra debate :P Lesson learned: never dare argue with a fanfiction writer, especially one as great as Aeyra :P

There is nothing I'm begging for more in this world than for someone to write an awesome KaixFem!Shin story. If someone does, then I can die happily.(I do wish you'd write one, please~~ <3) I've lost count of how many times I've nearly cried because a certain KaiShin fic I loved wasn't genderbent.

Oops, I think I turned this into a rant already. Sorrrrrry!!! :D

Thanks, Ama-chan~

I think I'm on KtPT-kun's side in this rant. Aeyra, it fanfic writer vs. fanfic writer; get ready!

I'm writing one right now! One of my Fem!Shin fics has them as them as a couple, and one has them as cousins!

It's so easy to turn something into a rant...

Look. Being gay or lesbian is perfectly fine. Like Aya-chan said, that's basically the same thing as racism. I bet there are at least a few people on here who ARE homosexual. They must feel ashamed because of this. So please... Don't criticize them. It's wrong.

What if I suddenly said, "Hey! I'm lesbian!" Would you stop being my friend? Tell me, would you? (I'm not though.)

Look. Being gay or lesbian is perfectly fine. Like Aya-chan said, that's basically the same thing as racism. I bet there are at least a few people on here who ARE homosexual. They must feel ashamed because of this. So please... Don't criticize them. It's wrong.

What if I suddenly said, "Hey! I'm lesbian!" Would you stop being my friend? Tell me, would you? (I'm not though.)

I would be absolutely creeped out for at least a week. THEN, I would get used to it. It weirds me out, but I won't shun you because of it.

There are.

No, I would not. I'd probably feel a little awkward for a few days, then it'd smooth out.

Thanks, Ama-chan~

I think I'm on KtPT-kun's side in this rant. Aeyra, it fanfic writer vs. fanfic writer; get ready!

I'm writing one right now! One of my Fem!Shin fics has them as them as a couple, and one has them as cousins!

It's so easy to turn something into a rant...

Beta-reader vs Beta-reader

KaiShin vs HeiShin...

I'm on his side, too, but I'm not saying that we should despise them. We should treat them well. In fact, whether we like them or not, we should love them unconditionally. [you should know what I mean by that]

There are.

No, I would not. I'd probably feel a little awkward for a few days, then it'd smooth out.

There are?!

*agrees*

Beta-reader vs Beta-reader

KaiShin vs HeiShin...

I'm on his side, too, but I'm not saying that we should despise them. We should treat them well. In fact, whether we like them or not, we should love them unconditionally. [you should know what I mean by that]

It should be an epic battle indeed.

I get exactly what you mean by that. I wouldn't stop liking someone just because their orientation isn't the one I think is right.

I think what people tend to misunderstand is that no matter what your sexual preference, you don't just fall in love with everyone. Because you're gay or lesbian doesn't mean you instantly fall in love with whatever boy/girl you see. Just like being straight doesn't mean you fall in love with everyone of the opposite gender.

• Upvote 2

I think what people tend to misunderstand is that no matter what your sexual preference, you don't just fall in love with everyone. Because you're gay or lesbian doesn't mean you instantly fall in love with whatever boy/girl you see. Just like being straight doesn't mean you fall in love with everyone of the opposite gender.

True, true.

*nods*

Homosexuals should be respected becAuse they, toO, are humans like us and has fEelings toO... Everyone dEserves to be respected whatever their sexual preference are...

Homosexuals should be respected becAuse they, toO, are humans like us and has fEelings toO... Everyone dEserves to be respected whatever their sexual preference are...

Hmm. I agree that they should be respected because they are human, not because of their sexual preference.

Exactly.

They are still human, just like people of other races are still human. We're all the same type of species... Why can't we get along?

I don't know why we can't get along, Aka-chan. Maybe we will once the world decides to put their differences behind them and like people simply because of their personality and leave orientation, race, etc. out of things.

I don't know why we can't get along, Aka-chan. Maybe we will once the world decides to put their differences behind them and like people simply because of their personality and leave orientation, race, etc. out of things.

We judge by appearance first, then character. It's a passive trait built into all humans. Along with our optimistic trait.

We judge by appearance first, then character. It's a passive trait built into all humans. Along with our optimistic trait.

That's a really sad fact about humans that I really hope will change with time.

AWWWWW! I missed a whole discussion!!! I actually could've said a lot a bout this, starting with the fact that I think that on the poll ShounenAi and ShoujoAi should be added. Of course Yaoi and Yuri are typically explicit, they're SUPPOSED to be explicit... ShounenAi and ShoujoAi are the less explicit, more implied ones! That's what you all need to read to really be able to tell.

Now then, on to the other part of the discussion I missed... about Homosexuality.

For all those who say it's a choice, it isn't, trust me, I know. It wasn't a choice for me.

Also, what was said earlier is true, just because I like someone of the same gender does NOT mean I fall for all the girls out there. We have standards too! Since I'm actually Bi, I like guys too, but I don't fall in love with every guy out there either. There are those I'm attracted to of course, but that doesn't mean I LIKE them.

If you think it's wrong for homosexuality, I guess it's wrong for me to exist like this, because unlike how when someone stated that if gays had a choice to become straight they would, believe me, they won't. It's like how the deaf have their own culture and don't want hearing aids, homosexuals are going to want to stay the way they are. The only real reason homosexuals would 'want' to change, is peer pressure, and not always simple words. There's violence all over because homosexuality isn't normal, because people are prejudiced. I've read about all the different things that happen to them. It's terrifying. I'm lucky I live in an area where homosexuality isn't that prejudiced (at least at our school it isn't) hell, I even have a good amount of friends who're gay. So what? That doesn't mean they're constantly hitting on me, or on others. Now, I feel uncomfortable stooping so low as to use this, but think about Obama. I'm not a fan of his since he's done so much crap while in office, but, he did do one good thing that I will acknowledge. He removed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." It looks like we can finally step forward in this world, but those who are extremely against it don't seem to see that it really is like racism, and we're basically starting the whole war all over again. When I think about it, a lot of homophobes only are that way since they're too afraid to come out of the closet, even to themselves! I know that's not true for all of them, and some of them are homophobes because of the way they were raised, religion, family, etc., but they do need to deal with the fact we will forever exist. Look at the world as a whole. There's homosexuality everywhere, not just humans. There are gay animals all over, more than half of the species in the world have a good percent of gays, but do you know what? We're the only one's who are prejudiced against them, the only ones who don't seem to understand that it's just a natural drive, something that we're born with. I read an article a while back, it was about two twins, one was gay, one wasn't. They grew up in the same family, the same love and care and devotion, but they both just had different preferences. One had planes and G.I.Joes and such, while the others room was pink with barbies and such. He'd even painted his nails to go to school one day. If you had to guess, would you think that one of them was going to be gay? He wasn't treated differently, and he wasn't even aware how different he was, he was only being himself, I mean, as kids, could we actually pretend to be someone else successfully? Did we even know that the concept of homosexuality EXISTED? And if we did would we really have cared? We're all mammals of the same species, can't we just leave it at that?

Now then, thank you for reading my rant. I am biased as I am bisexual, but seriously looking at the part where I talked about animals and how many of them are gay, it's true. Google it.

I'm so sad I missed this discussion... but i figured I would still post this :) maybe others will eventually read it xD

• Upvote 2

AWWWWW! I missed a whole discussion!!! I actually could've said a lot a bout this, starting with the fact that I think that on the poll ShounenAi and ShoujoAi should be added. Of course Yaoi and Yuri are typically explicit, they're SUPPOSED to be explicit... ShounenAi and ShoujoAi are the less explicit, more implied ones! That's what you all need to read to really be able to tell.

Now then, on to the other part of the discussion I missed... about Homosexuality.

For all those who say it's a choice, it isn't, trust me, I know. It wasn't a choice for me.

Also, what was said earlier is true, just because I like someone of the same gender does NOT mean I fall for all the girls out there. We have standards too! Since I'm actually Bi, I like guys too, but I don't fall in love with every guy out there either. There are those I'm attracted to of course, but that doesn't mean I LIKE them.

If you think it's wrong for homosexuality, I guess it's wrong for me to exist like this, because unlike how when someone stated that if gays had a choice to become straight they would, believe me, they won't. It's like how the deaf have their own culture and don't want hearing aids, homosexuals are going to want to stay the way they are. The only real reason homosexuals would 'want' to change, is peer pressure, and not always simple words. There's violence all over because homosexuality isn't normal, because people are prejudiced. I've read about all the different things that happen to them. It's terrifying. I'm lucky I live in an area where homosexuality isn't that prejudiced (at least at our school it isn't) hell, I even have a good amount of friends who're gay. So what? That doesn't mean they're constantly hitting on me, or on others. Now, I feel uncomfortable stooping so low as to use this, but think about Obama. I'm not a fan of his since he's done so much crap while in office, but, he did do one good thing that I will acknowledge. He removed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." It looks like we can finally step forward in this world, but those who are extremely against it don't seem to see that it really is like racism, and we're basically starting the whole war all over again. When I think about it, a lot of homophobes only are that way since they're too afraid to come out of the closet, even to themselves! I know that's not true for all of them, and some of them are homophobes because of the way they were raised, religion, family, etc., but they do need to deal with the fact we will forever exist. Look at the world as a whole. There's homosexuality everywhere, not just humans. There are gay animals all over, more than half of the species in the world have a good percent of gays, but do you know what? We're the only one's who are prejudiced against them, the only ones who don't seem to understand that it's just a natural drive, something that we're born with. I read an article a while back, it was about two twins, one was gay, one wasn't. They grew up in the same family, the same love and care and devotion, but they both just had different preferences. One had planes and G.I.Joes and such, while the others room was pink with barbies and such. He'd even painted his nails to go to school one day. If you had to guess, would you think that one of them was going to be gay? He wasn't treated differently, and he wasn't even aware how different he was, he was only being himself, I mean, as kids, could we actually pretend to be someone else successfully? Did we even know that the concept of homosexuality EXISTED? And if we did would we really have cared? We're all mammals of the same species, can't we just leave it at that?

Now then, thank you for reading my rant. I am biased as I am bisexual, but seriously looking at the part where I talked about animals and how many of them are gay, it's true. Google it.

I'm so sad I missed this discussion... but i figured I would still post this :) maybe others will eventually read it xD

This is all so true (though a bit long lolol). I don't think humans should be judged by their sexual preferences. We always tend to judge others by their differences, but not the nature of their differences. For example in ancient Greece men were taught to be bisexual. In that kind of environment you weren't judged for your sexual orientation because everyone else is like that. But nowadays since it is more common to be heterosexual, people are prejudice about those who aren't. Self-awareness is one of human's greatest virtues and faults. We have learned to become better and improve ourselves and others by comparing with those who are greater than us, but we have also learned to detest and despise those who are lower, or more often, different from the majority. Perhaps we have forgotten this: it is our differences that set us apart from all the other species on the Earth, and we should not let it become a hold-back.

...I just realized how long this was =x. Oh well, if anyone's bored enough, please yourselves.

(btw IU if you ever come upon this: in the last sentence, is it "let it become a hold-back" or "let them become a hold-back" since I'm talking about "our differences"?)