Detective Conan World
Lovestruck

Donators ...?

Pretty sure the site doesn't rely solely on donations to stay running

If it did, the site would be long gone. :V

I think that the main thing it would have to go for would be the domain and (according to my limited knowledge on websites) monthly fees for keeping the site. I wouldn't be surprised if Maurice paid a bit himself. Dunno exactly where the largest portion of money comes from though...

If it did, the site would be long gone. :V

I think that the main thing it would have to go for would be the domain and (according to my limited knowledge on websites) monthly fees for keeping the site. I wouldn't be surprised if Maurice paid a bit himself. Dunno exactly where the largest portion of money comes from though...

That's almost right. I pay for the domain, the hosting company, the increase in bandwidth (the site is getting more and more popular and requires more and more bandwidth to accommodate the traffic! We currently reach about 200K visits per month :o, which is a HUGE increase from our starting point 2 years ago, and even compared to one year ago when it was around 20-30K). I also pay for a separate server for the database to increase performance. I even paid for some advertising in the past, etc... Anyway, I won't tell everything here and give out too much information but let's just say that pretty much everything comes out of my pocket for now and donations do help out whenever they come by. ;)

Fortunately I have a job and I can pay the bills without any problems for now. As long as the site doesn't become as popular as Facebook, it should be ok. :P

But it's true that donations could really help. Thanks again to our donators btw! I really appreciate the support. ^_^

It's always great to see when people appreciate what's being done, not only by myself, but by the whole community with their amazing and exceptional contributions in all areas!

• Upvote 15

That's almost right. I pay for the domain, the hosting company, the increase in bandwidth (the site is getting more and more popular and requires more and more bandwidth to accommodate the traffic! We currently reach about 200K visits per month :o, which is a HUGE increase from our starting point 2 years ago, and even compared to one year ago when it was around 20-30K). I also pay for a separate server for the database to increase performance. I even paid for some advertising in the past, etc... Anyway, I won't tell everything here and give out too much information but let's just say that pretty much everything comes out of my pocket for now and donations do help out whenever they come by. ;)

Fortunately I have a job and I can pay the bills without any problems for now. As long as the site doesn't become as popular as Facebook, it should be ok. :P

But it's true that donations could really help. Thanks again to our donators btw! I really appreciate the support. ^_^

It's always great to see when people appreciate what's being done, not only by myself, but by the whole community with their amazing and exceptional contributions in all areas!

Very easy to use this site and it's alive! You're the best sir! :D

Very easy to use this site and it's alive! You're the best sir! :D

Thank you. That's very nice of you to say (I do aim for user-friendliness as much as I can!). :)

Your the best :D

@maurice: cant you place some ads on here? like little tiny ones that wont bother us? that way youll pay a few hundred dollars less each month :)

Actually, there are already ads on the very first post of every topic. You'll also find them throughout the site, like in the watch and studio section for example (in the sidebar). As you can see, I've made them as less intrusive as possible (to the point that you didn't even notice them lol...). I guess I could put a bit more emphasis on them in the forums for instance as long as they remain non-intrusive and aren't too annoying. For example, I could put a banner around the top of the forum. I'll give it a try when I find some time.

You are amazing Maurice. I wish I could donate to DCW!

That's almost right.

Of course it is. I stalk Maurice :V

I wish I could donate...

Actually, there are already ads on the very first post of every topic. You'll also find them throughout the site, like in the watch and studio section for example (in the sidebar). As you can see, I've made them as less intrusive as possible (to the point that you didn't even notice them lol...). I guess I could put a bit more emphasis on them in the forums for instance as long as they remain non-intrusive and aren't too annoying. For example, I could put a banner around the top of the forum. I'll give it a try when I find some time.

I've seen them but never put any attention to them. It's nice that you managed to find a way to prevent us from seeing them/paying attention to them.

If I could I would donate 1 million dollars JK

Instead of it I'll donate my enthusiasm and sleuthing skills to the site!!.... Though I have pretty bad detective skills but meh ^_^

anyways ja ne~

I'm just a bit curious..... Does the company that posts The Advertisements help to cover the hole?

That's a good question, and I don't know how I missed that.

But yes, they do. Though Maurice has lowered the adspace in recent years. There were a lot more around here in 2009.