Detective Conan World
SwordFighterHM

English or Japanese?

284 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer watching Detective Conan in english or in japanese?

Well, the only language I speak is English so I guess I prefer that. I dont mind watching them in Japanese though as long as there are subtitles. Definitely way more pure, even though I'm still not able to fully understand the jokes and the names get confusing. :)

i watched one episode in japanese, and one in english, and the murderer's motive changed big time!

Since you are not talking about the changes between the manga and anime. You do know it was the English that was changed and not the Japanese, right? It really does not matter what you see first the reality is that the Japanese anime was made long before Funi did a messed up dub.

I was first introduced to Detective Conan, rather Case Closed. So the English version. I loved it. I use to stay up until 11am,12am,1am (Kept moving the times) to watch it. However, like most dubs, the voices get annoying after awhile. With the exception of FMA. For some reason, the voices did not annoy me. It's unfortunate, to my understanding, that they stopped dubbing DC. However, I didn't expect them to reach 600 episodes. They should really just release the subbed on tv as I think it would be a lot better.

I prefer the Japanese version. Actually, I didn't watch any DC in English. :P I like the Chinese dubbed too(I can understand Mandarin, but not 100%). Shinichi's voice in Chinese is almost the same with the Japanese, but I like Conan's voice in Chinese better because the voice is soooooo cute... :D

This is not a vote or a contest. If you like it more you like it more. You shouldn't don't need your gaggle of friends to support your opinion. Your gaggle of friends don't make you any more right than me. Keeping your reasons for liking the dub to your own opinion and inadequacies works better than ranting that anyone who speaks english is somehow mandated to watching a dub.

Speaking of inadequacies, goodluck with the whole not being able to tell japanese voices apart thing. Maybe one day doctors will come up with a device to cure that problem between your ears.

Enjoy the dub that you admit has stupid changes, while I enjoy the version with less stupid changes. Win win.

But I see a poll...

Shouldn't dont? Double negative!

As for my vote...well, Conan sounds cooler in the Japanese...so...English! tongue.gif

Jk...Japanese.

Japanese, because the original voices sounds better, and I'm used to watching DC in Japanese because I grew up watching it in that language (also because I understand Japanese, that's probably the main reason)

But I see a poll...

Shouldn't dont? Double negative!

As for my vote...well, Conan sounds cooler in the Japanese...so...English! tongue.gif

Jk...Japanese.

My reply was to a poster who was making this poll seem like a contest and not an opinionated poll.

Also that is not a double negative, the two don't cancel each other, it is a typo from editing. One of those contractions should not be there.

Japanese hands down. In fact, there's VERY few anime that I can stand in English. In my opinion, Code Geass was the only anime that pulled out dubbing without taking the whole story down with it and still made it awesome. They change so much when they dub it that I just stick with subbing.

My reply was to a poster who was making this poll seem like a contest and not an opinionated poll.

Also that is not a double negative, the two don't cancel each other, it is a typo from editing. One of those contractions should not be there.

I believe it is...should not do not means to suggest not to "do not".

Yes...my argument is pointless, but still...icon_mrgreen.gif

My vote remains for the Japanese version, btw...

I believe it is...should not do not means to suggest not to "do not".

Yes...my argument is pointless, but still...icon_mrgreen.gif

My vote remains for the Japanese version, btw...

It is my typo. Those contractions used in succession don't make grammatical sense and that is the biggest problem, leads to a snowball effect.

I started watching Detective Conan in English. Honestly, I prefer English. But once I completed the English, I started watching the Japanese with English-subs.

No matter what language it's in, it's one of the best anime I have ever seen! :D

It is my typo. Those contractions used in succession don't make grammatical sense and that is the biggest problem, leads to a snowball effect.

It is your typo...that lead into a double negative. My point's made there.icon_mrgreen.gif

Japanese all the way. I was so ticked off when they changed TWO-MIX into Two-Times. :angry: They left it alone in the American release of the manga but then changed it in the American release of the anime. Dang-it, it's bad enough when they change the names of the fictional characters and then they go and change the names of real people; they changed the names of Minami and Shiina! How messed up is that?!

Btw this is a was on the back of volume 30 of the American release of the Detective Conan manga.

The Kaido Kid GameLong ago, Sunset Manor was the site of a gruesome massacre...and an unsolved mystery. Now six master detectives have been invited to the manor to play a deadly game hosted by Japan's greatest phantom thief. A lost treasure, an impossible poisoning, a message in blood, ominous images of crows; it's all part of a puzzle not even the sleuths can solve, especially after they start turning on each other. The only one who can win the game and stop the deaths from piling up is the uninvited seventh detective: Conan!

No I did not make that typo; that is actually on the back of volume 30 and can be found on the Viz website. I saw volume 30 at a bookstore with this on the back and was absolutely flabbergasted. I mean geez, they mess up Akai with Akagi in another issue and they do this. The sad thing about the Akai/Akagi thing is that the name was shown as 'Akai' before the mess up with Akagi so that even someone who wasn't at all familiar with the original version would know there was a screw-up with the name.

I prefer the Japanese version. Actually, I didn't watch any DC in English. :P I like the Chinese dubbed too(I can understand Mandarin, but not 100%). Shinichi's voice in Chinese is almost the same with the Japanese, but I like Conan's voice in Chinese better because the voice is soooooo cute... :D

seriously... It is really cute.... I kept ROFLing while watching the dvd I bought in HK

both are dubbed. there are no original voices..I prefer to watch tv in my language..but it must be well dubbed

Uh...technically the Japanese version is the original; the animations are specially made to fit the Japanese words. When the anime goes into other countries, it is then dubbed.

I am afraid you were misinformed...but you are now enlightened....016.gif

Go and spread the Light! tongue.gif