Detective Conan World
Miss Smiles

Chinese classroom

Lesson 3

I know some of you familiar with greetings and words, I emphasize everyone referring to this website again learning to write. This lesson is practical, you will often use the website practice writing.

http://www.yellowbridge.com/chinese/character-stroke-order.php?searchChinese=1&zi=%E6%83%B3

Each letters may hold more than one pronunciation, each pronunciation represent different words. If you're a beginner, try your best not to have accent cover Chinese thickly, because your first word you pronounce may be is right one until you may not notice your accent cover word heavily after many tries. It can turn the word you pronounce into different word when pronouncing tenth time. Chinese words are tricky!

If you have voice recorder, say two or three times only. When you have one record right of pronunciation, you already hone listening skill and able to figure out how to say right pronunciation of chinese words.

Lastly, I will no longer add the pronunciation word (BPMF), some words can stand alone without tone.

Now let's take a look at this word: 好 (third tone, fourth tone)

When we greet someone we often use third tone to greet friends. Now let's look at the letter on the website.

http://www.yellowbridge.com/chinese/character-stroke-order.php?searchChinese=1&zi=%E5%A5%BD

Which words can form together as sentences?

(click the underlined characters to see how the character is written.)

大家好 - da (fourth tone) jia (first tone) 好 hao (third tone)

你们好 - ni (third tone) men 好

你好 - 你 (third tone) 好

Meanings:

大家好 - hello everyone 大家 - everyone the third word form together as three characters of this sentence.

你们好 - (same meaning above) 你们 - you (plural)

Questions you can ask friend:

你好吗?

吗 - ma It's a particle, when you ask question this word added at end of sentence.

Now try writing this three chinese sentences! Next lesson we will learn more pronouns.

Lesson 4

Today we will learn possessive noun and pronoun, and this lesson won't be hard because they are straightforward. The only part is you both have to take note how they are written, and the pronunciation of each character.

Bear in mind though, some two characters can formed into one word, and I'm here as teacher will point them out in Chinese lessons.

Possessive noun

Practice writing it, it is the word which combine pronoun together to indicate belongings.

他的 - ta (first tone)

她的 - ta (first tone)

他们的 - men

她们的

我的 - wo (third tone)

你的 - ni (third tone)

Meanings

他的 - his

她的 - her

他们的 - their (male and female)

她们的 - their (plural: females)

我的 - my, mine

你的 - your, yours

Examples of using them:

他的家

我的

Object are mark after possessive, same as English.

New words which learn in this lesson:

家 - home, house

书 - book

Now try practicing writing possessive noun.

We don't really need to use the 的 right? :blink: I read a few books and when they say 'my home' or something like that, they don't use it. They put it like '我家'.

Is this right or must we include the '的'?

We don't really need to use the 的 right? :blink: I read a few books and when they say 'my home' or something like that, they don't use it. They put it like '我家'.

Is this right or must we include the '的'?

yes you can do that but it's more informal

when you want to sound formal you usually use 的

Yep we usually use informal but also acquainted with formal for civility. :)

Lesson 5

In this lesson we will learn numbers. Numbers are same as Japanese, the characters is the same but pronunciation is different.

yi (first tone) 1

er (fourth tone) 2

san (first tone) 3

si (fourth tone) 4

wu (third tone) 5

liu (fourth tone) 6

qi (first tone) 7

ba (first tone) 8

jiu (third tone) 9

shi (second tone) 10

The similarity with Japanese is numeral order in writing.

2 x 10 = 20

二 x 十 = 二十 er (fourth tone) shi (second tone)

三 x 十 = 三十 san (first tone) shi (second tone)

Pronunciation is fixed as they are digits.

二十,三十,四十 and so on.

21 is 二十一

(22) 二十二, (23) 二十三, (24) 二十四, (25)二十五 and so on until 30 三十.

One hundred is 一 (third tone)

Can anyone figure out what's 101? ;)

I think your teaching mandarin chinese and not cantonese chinese ...

*reads* It's mandarin :mellow:

This might be useful I suck at mandarin chinese ... :(

Lesson 6

If you research online the answer is: 一百零一

you got it right. Chinese emphasize on digits, they are easily to be remember like you study maths.

(ling, second tone) - zero

101 一百零一

102 一百零二

103 一百零三...

110 一百一十

120 一百二十...

We all know the chronological order, and they are thousand, ten thousand, million, billion.

One thousand is: 一(first tone) 1,000

Ten thousand is: (wan, fourth tone) 10,000

One million is: 一(bai, third tone)(wan, fourth tone)1,000,000

To convert large money amounts into:

65|7800 六十五万 ——> 650,000

4|000 四万 ——> 40,000

In this lesson we have learn:

零 - zero

千 - thousand

万 - ten thousand

百万 - million

Added: I forgot to add something. If counting 121, this apply to lesson 5, counting 1 to 10 is the same by adding them to tens. 111 一百十一,112, 一百十二

Chronologically using tens and digits.

Lesson 7!

This lesson we focus on punctuation, this is important to all who learning to write. They share similarity, but there are few things you have to know before starting to write.

Full stop: 。

Indicator for titles: 《title》

The rest is same, but take note when adding full stop and bracket for title's names.

This is the shortest lesson, so take a minute to revise on previous lessons and you may like to start practice writing with Chinese full stop.

In next lesson we will focus on preposition.

Let me point out that in Chinese, the number 250, when read as 二百五 (er4 bai3 wu3), is an insult - if you uttered that phrase to someone, you would be calling them stupid. As such, be very careful with that number when you're speaking Chinese.

yo, it's er bai wu shi. Earlier in lesson I did talk about tens. shi, er shi, san shi, si shi, wu shi.... those are included as they are part of chronological order. That's 205 you referring. Chronological order.

ADDED:

101 一百零一

120 一百二十

130 一百三十

What you said is other way of saying number, I was teaching basic way of counting if using numeral order. What I said is formal way as yours are informal.

Insult? Watch carefully what you're talking about. You talking to Chinese who know much well of numbers. And you talking to Chinese who know so well of many ways counting numbers as I basically teach simplest rule of counting number chronologically from book.

You know, I know much well enough they can figure out what's

250 starting from 120 all the way to 250.

From what I know is, you're Chinese and know well enough if counting from there it can lead to that conclusion. Readers are not stupid, they can figure out right answer. TML, you better watch the words what you said here, or don't say.

I already explain.

Hi everyone, I like to announce news, there will be no test in next lesson, I'm leaving, I'll be no longer teaching. If anyone has interest to teach I'm okay with idea. Don't hold back and hesitate, if anyone need to use website for teaching they are welcome to use. I don't sue anyone for using anything or style to teach Chinese online, as they're belong to anyone who seek to teach. Thank you for participating my lesson. :)

汉语是世界上最难学的语言,其历史悠久,方言,俗语众多,想学好汉语不是一两天的事。Chinese is very difficulty to learn, it with a long history, and many  other things ,If you want learn it ,should take a long time.for exmple,二百五,屌,他妈的,do you know what it mean