Detective Conan World
skyechan

Conan Collections

I bought a few of the specials, but they're freakin' boring HAHA!

But Conan's cute :P

and oh me gee. @_@ <3

I wish I had that much space.

I have very minimal DC stuff in my collection.

My biggest part of it is taken up by Gyakuten Saiban, Prince of Tennis, FMA and Legend of Zelda. DC I only have 5 books (my favourite volumes). So sad D:

OH GOD! How'd you get all those!!?? :angry: :shock: :???: :blink::evil::twisted:

Savvy internet shopping for the most part. :)

Japanese 1-67 (I think) came from Sasuga Booksellers before they shut down. They were at a few conventions I went to so I built up my collection from them. The Color Works artbook and Magic Kaito volumes 1-4 also came from their store.

Special 1-35 was bought via a Yahoo!Japan auction through shoppingmalljapan.com. 36 was bought via YesAsia, if I remember right.

English volumes and DVDs come from Amazon.com or were bought in Borders before they closed down their stores.

The rest of my stuff basically was either bought via Yahoo!Japan auctions or CDJapan.

Savvy internet shopping for the most part. :)

Japanese 1-67 (I think) came from Sasuga Booksellers before they shut down. They were at a few conventions I went to so I built up my collection from them. The Color Works artbook and Magic Kaito volumes 1-4 also came from their store.

Special 1-35 was bought via a Yahoo!Japan auction through shoppingmalljapan.com. 36 was bought via YesAsia, if I remember right.

English volumes and DVDs come from Amazon.com or were bought in Borders before they closed down their stores.

The rest of my stuff basically was either bought via Yahoo!Japan auctions or CDJapan.

So envy of you. 21.gif

Don't worry. Kaitou! Steal them for me! 40.gif

OK. . . Let's talk about ours now.

I don't have much since next year it'll be my exam and my parents won't give me to buy DC stuff. 28.gif

Manga ~> 1-16, 20-26, 38-40, 54-56, 63-72 (Still can't find Volume 73)

DVDs ~> All 15 movies, Detective Conan VS Lupin the 3rd, Episodes 105-200, OVA 5, 9, 11

I saved 50 DC MEP/AMV from Youtube. And I have 300 pics of DC.

Pretty much. For me. 88.gif

I will update this once in a while

As far as I can tell there isn't a topic yet for collections yet in the forum, so like I did at DCTP, here's a topic for people to share their collections.

For those of you who were curious as to what the heck my collection actually looks like, be curious no more.

Wow!!! I think you're a certified DC fan! :grin:

I envy you.. :mellow: hehe

since I live in a province and there's no place here to buy manga and i have no credit card to buy one so I just read online and watch..

My collections:

9 CD/DVD ?

and one cellphone holder

that's all.. haha!!! :lol:

CDs ~> all 15 movies, Detective Conan VS Lupin the 3rd, Episodes 105-200, OVA 5, 9, 11

My collections:

9 CD/DVD ?

Oh, do you both mean VCD? :) What country are you guys in?? VCDs are pretty much unheard of where I live. (Actually to be honest I didn't know about them until I started looking for information about Conan in Thai!)

Eh umh, Conan is very popular in my country (and of cause I have many of them * proud*) but *crying* Woa woa, they don't have Magic Kaito, it's sold out from... 3 or 4 years ago T.T. I went to many old book stores but... WOA WOA WOA!!!

Well, for my collection,

Books

Case Closed 1-40

DC(Indonesia)vols 1-64//MF vol 1-37//SDB +10,+20,+30,+40//Gosho's Stort Stories//M1 and m2 comics

DC(Chinese) vols 1-73//A few MFs//M1-15 comics//名偵探柯南:江神原的魔女//名偵探柯南-工藤新一復活與黑暗組織的對決//名偵探柯南X神偷怪盜(全)//名偵探柯南推理解謎戲書(01-02)//名偵探柯南-柯南下的挑戰書 2 解決篇//青山刚昌的故事//全百科//全百科-解決篇//MOvie1-5 guide

DVD and VCD

All the Movies(Some Indonesian, some Chinese)

season 6 box set

and a few Detective Conan Action Figures

OK, my stuff:

Case Closed Manga Vol. 1-40

Case Closed Episodes 1-130 (English numbering)

Case Closed Movies 1-4

All Online Manga Scans and Fansubs

1 Keychain Featuring Conan and Haibara

How I got it (if you care):

The manga I either bought new or used, whenever I could find it. Had to order volume 19 online used b/c it's out of print.

For the episodes, I have the boxsets. I bought Season 5 new from fye for $50 and I told myself I wouldn't do that again. Later I went to a used bookstore in town that sells DVDs, books, and videogames called McKays and, over time, found the Viridian editions for Seasons 2-4 for about $10-15 apiece, which is about half the price than the normal $30. And they're in good condition. I finally got Season 1 Christmas 2011, with Viridian edition boxart, but with smaller packaging.

The movies I got similarly. 1 and 3 were bought over Amazon at random times by my parents for either Christmas or my birthday. 2 and 4 I found used at McKays. 5 and 6 I want, but do not have. Poor me :P

The keychain came from my aunt when she went to Japan a while ago. She bought an official keychain in Osaka and mailed it to me when she got home. And it came with cute post-it notes. The keychain features Conan and Haibara (that was a coincidence), but that made me even happier. XD

Obviously downloaded English subbed stuff and manga scans from DCTP. I update regularly.

Oh, do you both mean VCD? :) What country are you guys in?? VCDs are pretty much unheard of where I live. (Actually to be honest I didn't know about them until I started looking for information about Conan in Thai!)

Oh, mistake. Actually DVD. sorry (/////_/////)

awesome collections~! <3

@skyechan: how do you manage to "protect your manga from harm" (LOL) ?

I collect case closed too, but the pages turn brown as months pass...I don't know the reason for this. mellow.gif

awesome collections~! <3

@skyechan: how do you manage to "protect your manga from harm" (LOL) ?

I collect case closed too, but the pages turn brown as months pass...I don't know the reason for this. mellow.gif

Pages turning colours?? Mmm, I imagine eventually all books in general yellow (or turn colours) with age. My Case Closed volumes look alright as do my Japanese volumes. For the most part my manga sits on a bookshelf unless of course I have it out to look at/read. Now, if you're in a different country than the US or Japan, it's possible that the publication of the manga in your country uses a different weight and brand of paper for printing. For example, I'm making a wild hunch that because the Malaysian manga publication is fairly cheap in comparison to the Case Closed or Japanese printings that they might use a cheaper, easier to get paper, which could account for pages yellowing (or browning) with age fairly quickly. So there might honestly be nothing you can do about it, other than keeping your manga from being exposed to sunlight by keeping it safe on a bookshelf. (Sunlight exposure changes the colours of many things, not just book pages.)

Another thing could be the material of the paper reacting to the oils from your hands. You can try washing your hands with soap and water before reading your manga to help protect it. (I don't do this when I read manga personally, but occasionally before picking up my game controllers to play video games, mainly to get a better grip on the controller.)

And of course, if you ever run into the problem of your pages bending, simply don't open the book quite as much. You don't need to open up the pages completely in order to read its contents. (As a matter of fact, way back when in the early 90s in the US the Mixx publications would end up losing pages from the binding if you did this. So I suppose my habit of not opening pages all the way comes from that. Many of my old print Sailor Moon mangas have loose pages due to crappy binding.)

On a side note, my movie collection is complete! (For now anyway.)

movies.jpg

^thanks for the advice skyechan!

I always keep my hands clean before reading manga, and therefore, the problem may have been because of the paper used. *sighs

I also knew about not opening thne book too much *smiles

again, thanks a lot! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

here is my collection

english volumes 1-41 (i'm missing a couple because they got ruined)

japanese volumes 66,67,71,and 74. i had 50-55 but they got ruined in the flood

magic kaito special editions with DVDs 3 and 4 (1 and 2 are hard for me to find)

Case Closed full collection series and movie 1-6

my conan keychain my sister got for me on her short stop in china

oops i was packaging the lady and the tramp DVD when i took this. thats not mine. it's a present for a freind of mine

my soccer ball i got for christmas

and well....my bed...and my weird obsession with autumn colors

download1.jpg

here is my collection

english volumes 1-41 (i'm missing a couple because they got ruined)

japanese volumes 66,67,71,and 74. i had 50-55 but they got ruined in the flood

magic kaito special editions with DVDs 3 and 4 (1 and 2 are hard for me to find)

Case Closed full collection series and movie 1-6

my conan keychain my sister got for me on her short stop in china

oops i was packaging the lady and the tramp DVD when i took this. thats not mine. it's a present for a freind of mine

my soccer ball i got for christmas

and well....my bed...and my weird obsession with autumn colors

download1.jpg

:o

I noticed that Snoopy is there. XP

Eh umh, Conan is very popular in my country (and of cause I have many of them * proud*) but *crying* Woa woa, they don't have Magic Kaito, it's sold out from... 3 or 4 years ago T.T. I went to many old book stores but... WOA WOA WOA!!!

Same here... Here, they NEVER sell Magic Kaitou, they just sell the manga and specials. 36.gif

Donno why but I feel lonley. . .