Detective Conan World
skyechan

Conan Collections

As far as I can tell there isn't a topic yet for collections yet in the forum, so like I did at DCTP, here's a topic for people to share their collections.

For those of you who were curious as to what the heck my collection actually looks like, be curious no more.

Volumes 1-72

manga-1.jpg

English 1-39

englishmanga.jpg

Special 1-36

special.jpg

Reference Books, Art Book, and Short Stories

referenceshortstories.jpg

DVDs/Bluray

dvdsmisc.jpg

Magic Kaito

magickaito.jpg

CDs

cds.jpg

Curse you Gosho for single-handedly waging war on my bookshelves.

Will update sometime in the coming months once volume 73, the first two MK treasured editions, Kid cell phone strap, and the Karakore figures arrive.

• Upvote 17

You just managed to make the majority of forum members feel bad about themselves.

You just managed to make those who just follow the anime/manga online without having as much as seen any authentic merchandise feel especially bad about themselves.

xD.

With some unavoidable jealousy, I have to admit that your collection is quite impressive. You're really quite devoted to have bought pretty much everything that's available to you.

You just managed to make the majority of forum members feel bad about themselves.

You just managed to make those who just follow the anime/manga online without having as much as seen any authentic merchandise feel especially bad about themselves.

xD.

With some unavoidable jealousy, I have to admit that your collection is quite impressive. You're really quite devoted to have bought pretty much everything that's available to you.

Sorry about that. ^^; Some is due to my curiosity (all of the Special manga for example), but for the main manga it's so I don't feel guilty reading the scanlations since I physically own the books. (And then buy the English so I can actually read them and see how they translated it. xD;; ) I'm a huge fan of animation in general, so I really love stuff like the artbook and those movie guidebooks because you can see behind the scenes and get more in depth info (assuming you can read Japanese, lol).

As for D Conan's question...

*think* Probably over $2000 US. HOWEVER! This collection was built up over a looooooong amount of time. I've been into Conan since around 2004. Majority of what I buy now is ordering the manga volumes as CDJapan tells me when they're available. Only occasionally do I splurge on buying super expensive things. (Like the Lost Ship in the Sky bluray.) I also buy in lot form when possible; I look at Yahoo.co.jp auctions and only choose the auctions that have a lot of stuff in them. Shoppingmalljapan does an import service fee of at least $6, no matter how cheap the auction is. (i.e. I could see a Mune ga DOKIDOKI CD and possibly get it for only 50 yen, but I'd still have to pay $6 on the import fee. Ick!) So pretty much all the CDs I own came from lots that had a ton of CDs. (This is why I own duplicates of a few CDs; I just didn't include them in the pictures.)

The majority of the manga was bought in bulk for $6 each at an anime convention I attended and purchased them from Sasuga Booksellers, who, unfortunately, are out of business now. The artbook also came from them. Trivia for you: I've actually shown Jerry Jewell (Shinichi's English voice actor) a good amount of my manga collection. I happened to have the bag from Sasuga still with me when I attended a panel he was at.

1-35 of the Special manga was bought in a lot (see earlier explanation) from Yahoo.co.jp. I got a pretty decent price on them for buying all that was available at that time, but not going to lie, the shipping cost was murder. xD;; Later bought Special 36 through Yesasia.

DVDs were bought either when they were originally first released at a video store (remember when you paid $28 or so for only 3 episodes??) or bought used through Amazon.com.

Reference books I bought from a Japanese seller I trust on eBay specializing in anime/manga books. He'll take lower priced offers so I've managed to get a few books from him cheaper than his original listing price.

...Mmm, I guess that's about it. If anyone has any further questions or wants me to walk them through using stuff like shoppingmalljapan, just let me know!

As far as I can tell there isn't a topic yet for collections yet in the forum, so like I did at DCTP, here's a topic for people to share their collections.

For those of you who were curious as to what the heck my collection actually looks like, be curious no more.

Volumes 1-72

manga-1.jpg

English 1-39

englishmanga.jpg

Special 1-36

special.jpg

Reference Books, Art Book, and Short Stories

referenceshortstories.jpg

DVDs/Bluray

dvdsmisc.jpg

Magic Kaito

magickaito.jpg

CDs

cds.jpg

Curse you Gosho for single-handedly waging war on my bookshelves.

Will update sometime in the coming months once volume 73, the first two MK treasured editions, Kid cell phone strap, and the Karakore figures arrive.

Woah. 15.gif