Detective Conan World
Mango Ma

Hi,everyone~Learning Chinese is easy~

okay, okay students, let's not push around. *claps hands* You both are secondary student, are you? If use one thread no one will learn anything as everything will start up from scratch, I might as well teach common rules of sentence writing. This year we will focus on composition and sentence writing, it will be a bit tedious but manageable because every student required to take notes. A lot of notes. All the lessons are practical, I will provide readings and exercise based on the vocabulary, phrases and new words. Now we will have two lessons, I think it's best idea to teach both levels, so keep eyes peel on advanced level in other lesson thread.

okay, okay students, let's not push around. *claps hands* You both are secondary student, are you? If use one thread no one will learn anything as everything will start up from scratch, I might as well teach common rules of sentence writing. This year we will focus on composition and sentence writing, it will be a bit tedious but manageable because every student required to take notes. A lot of notes. All the lessons are practical, I will provide readings and exercise based on the vocabulary, phrases and new words. Now we will have two lessons, I think it's best idea to teach both levels, so keep eyes peel on advanced level in other lesson thread.

好的,老师!

P.S: My Chinese is like an elementary level as it is my thrid language I take in secondary school. They teach from scratch so I'm still pretty bad. <_< Please bear with me. :)

好的,老师!

P.S: My Chinese is like an elementary level as it is my thrid language I take in secondary school. They teach from scratch so I'm still pretty bad. <_< Please bear with me. :)

So is mine :D

*好好准备听课*

elementary standard? okay I'll go prepare lessons. It start next week. Advanced lesson will commence here. the first lesson posted in other thread.

Okay. :) Thanks for taking the trouble to teach poor little me. :P I really appreciate it! :D

Lessons

how many ways we can replace 'said'? A lot! But they are form of expressions describing our manner.

说话

说谎

说服

说笑

说明

说破

解说

瞎说

硬说

直说

*述说

实说

说情

明说

诉说

数说

劝说

*陈说

*述说 - (shu *fourth sound* , shuo) tell, recount/narrate

*陈说 - state

Note them down and practice writing sentence including each mention in sentence.

If you don't know one of the words, you can use either google translate or Chinese dictionary.

哦, 谢谢. :) Google Translate is terrible. <_<

What did google translate give you? O.o

Haha I agree its a really horrible tool sometimes. Never trust it completely. It may give you the most basic understanding of a few words. But if you want to try to translate something not literal, never use google translate. It will give you weird translations.

Anyways~ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

说 (to my understanding) is basically the act of speaking, or in other words, "say"/"speak". This is mainly used as a verb.

话 (also to my understanding) has the meaning of "the spoken form of language". <Just like the written form of language is called words 字(zi4), the spoken is called 话.> This can be understood as a noun.

谎 is "lies". Could be understood as a noun too.

So 说话 in its most basic meaning is "speaking the spoken form of language". Which really doesn't make sense in English but works in Chinese. In English, people often just use. Speak/Speaking/spoke...etc.

And 说谎 can be understood as saying lies.(telling lies)

Many Chinese words are used like that. That is why you can find so many forms of say/speak.

Which I find quite amazing~ :D

What did google translate give you? O.o

Haha I agree its a really horrible tool sometimes. Never trust it completely. It may give you the most basic understanding of a few words. But if you want to try to translate something not literal, never use google translate. It will give you weird translations.

Anyways~ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

说 (to my understanding) is basically the act of speaking, or in other words, "say"/"speak". This is mainly used as a verb.

话 (also to my understanding) has the meaning of "the spoken form of language". <Just like the written form of language is called words 字(zi4), the spoken is called 话.> This can be understood as a noun.

谎 is "lies". Could be understood as a noun too.

So 说话 in its most basic meaning is "speaking the spoken form of language". Which really doesn't make sense in English but works in Chinese. In English, people often just use. Speak/Speaking/spoke...etc.

And 说谎 can be understood as saying lies.(telling lies)

Many Chinese words are used like that. That is why you can find so many forms of say/speak.

Which I find quite amazing~ :D

Thanks! :D The Google Translate gave me 'speak' for both of them and I have no idea why it turned into 'lies' later on. <_< I don't trust Google Translate at all so I usually refrain from using it. :P Thanks KKLT-chan! :D

Thanks! :D The Google Translate gave me 'speak' for both of them and I have no idea why it turned into 'lies' later on. <_< I don't trust Google Translate at all so I usually refrain from using it. :P Thanks KKLT-chan! :D

两个都是 "speak" 还是挺好啊... 我查的时候, Google Translate 把 “说话” 翻译成 “the”, 把 “说谎” 翻译成 “speak” :blink:

Anyway, you can try search for some Chinese - English dictionary software. I'm using YouDao Dict. (有道词典) but it's not the best one, I rarely use it.

For online C - E dictionary, this is my most trusted website (my teacher also uses it): http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php But the sentence translation is not any better than GT, so don't try it (although I think the download version is better).

Well Google translate can only use for few words only, but if it doesn't work dictionary is the best for translate. BD has beat me to it, that website is recommended, and I like everyone personally use that website for references.

ADDED: And, this is advanced lesson, I've told before. :unsure: There are two lessons, beginner and advanced.

Lesson 4: adjectives

Today we learn adjectives, so took a good look at them and do a exercise: use the website TBD recommended to search and write down pinyin as your homework.

铜色 - coppery

瘦削 - very thin, gaunt

乌溜溜 - Dark and liquid

口若悬河 - Be eloquent; Glib

有声有色 - vivid and dramatic

简陋 - simple and crude

从从容容 - calm and unhurried

庄严 - Solemn and Dignified

便宜 - cheap; inexpensive

冷若冰霜 - cold and unfriendly

索性 - straightforward; simply

空旷 - spacious, wide

平顺 - smooth

清澈 - clear

底廉 - cheap

喜悦 - Happy, joyous

轻飘飘 - light, buoyant

傻愣愣 - simple minded, not very clever

Next lesson we will focus on sentence building on each one as sample, from this onwards we will learn adjectives until lesson 9. When we reach lesson 9, we will learn more adverbs.

Lesson 5

This lesson focus on sentence building, take a minute study sentence structure. Exercise of this lesson, translate sentence to English using one of the words you learn from each Chinese word.

铜色 - 王叔叔书房的家具都是铜色的

瘦削 - 他的面庞异常的瘦削。

乌溜溜 - 小妹妹有一双乌溜溜的大眼睛。

口若悬河 - 他一贵口若悬河,一讲就是几个小时。

有声有色 - 华文老师有声有色地向我们描述中国的长城,同学们都听得入迷了。

简陋 - 这所学校的图书馆很简陋。

从从容容 - 他从从容容地走上讲台,开始讲演。

庄严 - 在庄严的国歌声中,国旗慢慢地升起。

便宜 - 这家商店大热卖,东西很便宜。

冷若冰霜 - 李老师对学生冷若冰霜, 大家见了她都很害怕。

索性 - 既然已经做了,索性就把它做完。

空旷 - 这片河滩确实很空旷。

平顺 - 这条乡村小路特别平顺。

清澈 - 经过环境治理后,湖水清澈见底。

底廉 - 这家超级市场的东西很底廉。

喜悦 - 我们怀着喜悦的心情参加庆祝大会。

轻飘飘 - 他高兴地走着,脚底下轻飘飘的。

傻愣愣 - 自从他脑子受伤以后,就变得傻愣愣的。

Next lesson you will learn more adjectives.

lesson 6

Before we could focus on lesson 6 exercise, let's focus on lesson 3 we've learn. If you have Chinese dictionary and already did homework, you will notice every words describing expressions when talk to second party. Take this moment to look through again, if you haven't do homework, you do the latest one by checking on phonics of each words.

After you done it, look below at the adjectives for readings and writing practice.

辉煌 - brilliant, glorious (huī huáng)

沉浸 - immerse, steep (chén jìn)

沉寂 - quiet, still ) (chén jì)

宽敞 - spacious (kuān chang)

渺小 - tiny, Negligible (Miǎo xiǎo)

卓越 - Brilliant, outstanding (zhuó yuè)

杰出 - Outstanding (talented) (jié chū)

一致 - identical, consistent, showing no difference (yī zhì)

殷殷 - Ardent, Earnest (yīn yīn)

参天 - Very tall (cān tiān)

绿油油 - Glossy and green (Lǜ yóu yóu)

清脆 - clear and melodious (qīng cuì)

温馨 - warmth (wēn xīn)

葱茏 - verdant, luxuriantly green (cōng lóng)

优雅 - graceful and elegant (yōu yǎ)

瑰丽 - surpassing beautiful, magnificient (guī lì)

参差 - uneven in length, Irregular (cēn cī)

错落 - strewn at random; disorderly; irregular (cuò luò)

鲜艳 - Bright coloured (xiān yàn)

无耻 - shameless, Brazen (wú chǐ)

If you don't know how to write one of the word, you can use the website for writing referral:

http://www.yellowbridge.com/chinese/character-stroke-order.php?searchChinese=1&zi=%E6%83%B3

Scroll down before copy and paste the word you unsure of into the field, press 'go' and the character will load for your references.

Next lesson we focus on sentence building of each sentences.

Lesson 7

This lesson focus on sentence building, take five minutes study how it was formed. Like lesson 5, translate sentence to English using one of the words you learn from each Chinese word.

辉煌 - 他是一位成功的商人,在商界取得辉煌的成绩。

沉浸 - 全家人都沉浸在失去亲人的痛苦中。

沉寂 - 谁也不愿意打破这沉寂的局面。

宽敞 - 新建的大礼堂又宽敞又明亮。

渺小 - 个人的力量太渺小了,集体的力量才是伟大的。

卓越 - 她就是卓越的科学家。

杰出 - 孔子是中国古代杰出的思想家和教育家。

一致 - 我们的看法一致。

殷殷 - 爸爸妈妈殷殷嘱咐哥哥出国留学要努力学习。

参天 - 当年爷爷种了小树苗,如今已长成参天的大树。

绿油油 - 绿油油的麦苗在微风的吹拂下起伏,就像绿波在荡漾。

清脆 - 姑娘们清脆地唱起一曲曲山歌。

温馨 - 海边宁静的夜晚,温馨迷人。

葱茏 - 葱茏的林木间,有一间小木屋。

优雅 - 她那身优雅的打扮很有气质。

瑰丽 - 连画家都难以画出这样瑰丽的夕阳景色。

参差 - 这些插花参差错落,自然而有情趣。

错落 - 这些插花参差错落,自然而有情趣。

鲜艳 - 这些儿童画有着鲜艳的色彩。

If you notice few words you don't know, take this moment check up in the dictionary or use Google translate for 1 word only.

Look up at previous lesson to click on the link for writing referral or click here:

http://www.yellowbridge.com/chinese/character-stroke-order.php?searchChinese=1&zi=%E6%83%B3

Next lesson is spelling test, it was focus on phonics you've learn so far in this few lessons of adjectives. If it's your first time, it's never be too late, the test will take place next month, it's an activity test how much you know in one spot. I'm not going to mark your test results, you are!

If you got them right after finish it in one spot without looking back, you're a genius! If you got 50% above, you can move on to lesson 9 for adverbs.

To those who got this mark, you can look back the previous lessons and retake the test looking away from previous lesson, I encourage you to do so if to make yourself fluent and better. If you got 50% below, you have to take second time after you take revision to familiar with phonics and Chinese characters.

If you manage to mark it after you finish for first time, share with us what is your result. And this going to happen, in next lesson. For activity!

Hi everyone, I like to announce news, there will be no test in next lesson, I'm leaving, I'll be no longer teaching. If anyone has interest to teach I'm okay with idea. Don't hold back and hesitate, if anyone need to use website for teaching they are welcome to use. I don't sue anyone for using anything or style to teach Chinese online, as they're belong to anyone who seek to teach. Thank you for participating my lesson. :)