Detective Conan World
phantom thief

How did you get interested in Detetive Conan and what were the effects on ur life when u got addicted 2 it?

I started watching this when I was in first grade. I can't believe I am still watching this now and guess what it even had a great effect to my life. I became more observant and had a keener eye for details. I even try to deduce profession like Sherlock Holmes does. Sometimes my classmates wonder how could I do so and I tell them that it's because of Conan. You may not believe but I am almost of the same age as the whole anime. When the first movie came out,c I was a year old.

I remember the first episode I watched was the Library Murder case (can't remember the exact title) where he uncovers the scheme of the librarian to smuggle drugs. I recall my confusion on why he drank the paikal on the last part. Since then I began to watch it until I finally understood the plot. However, busy with school, my mind drifted away from it and concentrated on studying.

Four years later, I saw the anime again and continued watching it. I was in grade five at that time and I actually used some knowledge I got from there in answering a science quiz the next day.

So then I searched it in youtube and started watching movies and I got even more interested. It's Japanese but I have no difficulty since I myself do speak the tongue albeit limited fluency only.

And now, I'm 16 and Metantei Conan is almost 16 too. I just love celebrating my birthdays with him.

let's see.........m083.gif

i watched DC when i was in 3rd grade ( a very long time ago) and i couldn't let go of it ever since...m186.gif.

and the effect's of getting to know DC is that ...... my logic skill's are improving and i'm more curios than usual.m125.gif(especially when i figure out something i go like this m123.gif

I started watching it when first came on adult swim as case closed stopped watching it for almost 8 years started at episode 1 till 643 took 3 months I thought it would take longer then that and now I say ah-le-le and oi oi almost everyday

well i started watchi wen i was a kid at that time tere were very good animes , the efect in my life was that i sterted watching oter animes for kids and i like them for the history ,that oter series didt have , and they are a mix of action ,suspense ,and romantic that is dificult to make a serie valanced. sorry for my Inglish.

My first anime and manga ever watch and read ! Here it goes crazy-monkey-emoticon-007.gif?1292792379

I started at 3rd grade and my first episode was The Desperate Revival (Part 1). I watched till the end and, "He got shot so. . . He dies right?" Didn't watch it for the whole month and I bought my first manga (Vol 54) "Ugh. . . I'm only 3rd grade, they're hard to understand" crazy-monkey-emoticon-106.gif?1292792407

The next week, I bought Vol 1 and saw the blood squirting from a human "I'm never watch it again!" crazy-monkey-emoticon-111.gif?1292792408

Two years later, I started to watch it in japanese, and finally understand the plot and I've been following Conan's oi oi and become more and more boyish. Still I don't know why this is related in anyway. crazy-monkey-emoticon-082.gif?1292792401

I started to read crimes in newspaper and watching more news. I have a strong curiosity crazy-monkey-emoticon-119.gif?1292792410, and my life became better!

(arigato Meitantei Conan! You helped me a lot! victory-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862523)

Honestly, I don't remember when I first started watching Detective Conan. I know I've been watching it since I was five, but the only early memories I have of it were from when I was seven or eight. A few years later, I found the Case-Closed manga at my local library and started reading it.  I immediately became obsessed with it and switched to reading it online since there were only about twenty volumes at the library.

Detective Conan has become a large part of my life and has inspired me a lot over the years. ^-^

At first, I just let it go, seeing each chapter updated on the manga site, with the photo of Conan with a pipe. I thought that it would be boring and lame with a child detective. When I started reading, I couldn't stop until I had caught up. Took about 4 days on 700+ chapter then.

My older cousin got me into it by showing me Movie 2. I was 8 that time and instead of being disturbed by the murders, I actually enjoyed them. XD As for the effects, I've become observant... sometimes overly so. Haha. My allowance, which was solely devoted to my music before, also went to my purchase of mystery novels and such.

First started watching it when it first aired in america on adult swim with Lupin the 3rd, think i was about 6-7 years old at the time and it made a huge impact on my life. I was always overly curious as it was and i loved horror stuff, so watching a show that had both of those just made me like it right off the bat. After they stopped showing the show i thought it had ended and since i didn't have a computer until a few years later, didn't know what manga was either until then. Funny thing about it is that conan started airing as a show in the same year i was born, so i'm almost as old as Conan :3

Also i'm planning to become a private detective in the future as well, so i have Conan to thank for that as well.

Wow, i'm surprised at everyone talking about how they started Conan when there were in grade 3-5... I only found it in my 8th grade :P before that, i never really read mangas, because they were never in my school library, but in high school they were.

My friend got me addicted to it. by the time I was in eigth grade, i had already had a bunch of fandoms so as soon as she explained to me what dc was about, I FELT IT IN MY BONES. this story, this plotline- "Yup, I'm going to be totally obsessed with this by the end of the week aren't I :P"

And I was right! I went home, I went on to youtube and watched so many clips of dc far into the night.

DC has had a pretty big influence. I don't know whether I would have gotten that same friend to become my best friend if not for DC, because before that year we were not really that close. It wAs kinda what drew us together. So thank you, aoyama.

but It has also wasted countless hours of my life watching episodes and making various fan works while I should be doing something like studying :P

But like that other guy, because of this show i also now want to be a detective!! i dream about it sometimes even though i know I don't have it in me.

plus DC got me into other mystery series and detectives like sherlock (bbc), the mentalist, and the motive :3 i just love detectives now

As for me, Detective Conan was interesting all throughout. Since I discovered it when I was 7 years old, I loved it.

Well, overall, DC's effects on me are mostly positive. They provide me with great trivia that I can use in school and makes me think more logically. And because of DC, I become happy, and very entertained.

When I was 8 or so, Detective Conan started showing on a children channel. I kept showing for three years but then they just stopped dubbing it (into Arabic) for some reason. I was already so hooked up to the plot by then, but I didn't know where I can continue watching it. Two years ago while I was chatting with a friend, the topic of Conan came into the discussion and she told me about some sites that have the anime with Eng subs. since then, I started watching it (6-7 episodes per day 'cause I wanted to catch up with the episodes). Now I'm really addicted to it. There are episodes that I've watched for more than 10 times. 

How it affected my life? mmm, I learned some Japanese, I think my deduction skills improved a bit, I also can't stop watching the anime, keep looking for new news, I also started reading the manga. I spend most of my free time either here in DCW or watching some episode. 

I was in middle school when Detective Conan came out in America and I used to watch it at Adult Swim. After watching it, I decided to buy manga at my school's book sale and start reading it whenever I get bored or get homework done. After 7 years of not watching it, I've gone back and watched the rest of the English dubs and start watching it in Japanese.

How DC affect my life? Well I appreciate the Japanese culture a lot more and learn some Japanese (I'm not the best when it comes to Japanese >.>).

I was 3-4 year old I think.... The 3rd movie totally got me!!! I loved detective conan before that too but I wasn't addicted to it before that >.<

I learned most of my common knowledge from DC so I will forever love and be grateful for it!!

DC FOREVER!!!

I first found out Detective Conan is from Animax. 2006 Approximately.

I watched the first episode and it caught my attention because it's so intriguing.

Back then I was only a 3rd grader but after watching Detective Conan for the first time, I thought that I want to grow up like Shinichi, Detective and being a soccer player. and I grew and grew until I was 16 years old. even though I'm a 16 year old, I still watch Detective Conan. One day, My sister then asked me if I was too old for Detective Conan. Then I defensed "I grew up watching Detective Conan, I learned so much about life through Detective Conan." then it hit me. Detective Conan taught me a lot of things. like Don't be deceived by your own anger or jealousy. or Life is short, protect yourself while you can. :')

Well,  i first met DC when i accidentally read a book at my friend 's house. It was volume 18 , and the first page i saw was : Haibara  waliking in the class , and i was like : wowwwwww, she is soooo cute. Then, i begun to read the whole story from the begining.

I came by detective conan was because I was at Taiwan being bored, then I just turned on the TV and started watching detective conan. I watched a whole episode but it was only the case not the answer so I got tempted to find the answer since I couldn't find it myself. Then, I started reading and watching the whole series. :D 

Detective conan is awesome

I got interested when looking for mystery anime long long ago (before Adult Swim). 

Effects? My involvement with DCTP. I think that sums everything up.

Note: I'm not exactly addicted, in fact I haven't watched or read in months due to being annoyed at the current path. I'll get back into it eventually... perhaps...

I found out about "Detective Conan" casually while I was searching for another anime series called "Future boy Conan". Since then I have been "addicted" (now to a lesser extent) because of the desire to finally see how the story will end, and the fact the ending is nowhere to be seen is quite frustrating.

I began watching DC 6 years ago. It used to air on TV. I remember that I was really scared after watching my first episode of DC. If I remember correctly, it was episode 23-24 the Luxury liner case. After 2 seasons, it stopped airing due to some licensing problem, but by that time, I had become an ardent fan of DC. After it ended, I surfed on the net about it and I realized that I hardly knew anything about DC (Only first 2 seasons, so I didn't even know Haibara existed! Can you believe it! 8O) I began reading the pages in this wiki to know about all the characters and the current plot. And here I am, reading the manga scans weekly and eligible enough to speculate along with fellow DC freaks~! :D Though it was just 2 seasons, I'm glad they were aired, otherwise, I would have never known that this awesome manga ever existed!! :D I won't say I'm addicted, coz sometimes the varying pace of the story puts me off. But once I know that there's something interesting going on, I rush back here  ;)