Detective Conan World
edogawamary

Favorite OVA?

I've seen all the OVA's so far and my favourite one's are 2 and 10. To me OVA 2 is nice because of the relation everyone kind of shares between each other (with their typical personalities, jokes and ways of being) and even moving because of the moment both ran and conan remember. It's simple but I love it. And then I would say OVA 10 is so funny, it makes you laugh and enjoy the whole vid (Kid's just hilarious). And about OVA 9, personally, I liked it.. yet it made me feel so uncomfortable, I couldn't deal with the idea of that becoming true and happening for real one day. But I believe too that the moment when shinichi tries to tell the truth desperately to ran is just so touching. ^_^

I don't know which one it is, but my favorite is the one where Conan can't get the antidote, and he has grown up with the Detective Boys. It's so sad, but it shows Shinichi's feelings for Ran.

That would be 9.

I still say 1 and 9 are the most fun. And were clearly bad trips from someone slipping him acid. Well... in 9 it was clearly Haibara slipping him acid to get back at him for something.

I haven't seen them all but I loved OVA 1&9

1 was hilarious and random XD

9 made me cry Really hard :'( Then I found out it was a dream -___-

Planning to watch OVA 10 sometime later ^^

• Upvote 1

Just watch OVA 9. Don't watch any other OVAs. :V

And then decide your favorite among the one you watched. :V :V :V

I've already seen OVA 9, and it would be my favorite one out of the ones I've seen. It was sad, yet it had a possible ending to DC that I can't ignore anymore.

My favorites are...

OVA 2: Fourteen Suspects

The important characters were brought altogether and heiji ended up being the culprit xP

OVA 9: Stanger in 10 Years

You got to see what mostly everyone looked like in 10 years. But the ending was kind of sad and everything was just a dream (thank god).

OVA 10: Kid in Trapped Island

Kid acted like he was shinichi in front of the the detective boys and the whole thing was just hilarious :P

My favorites are...

OVA 10: Kid in Trapped Island

Kid acted like he was shinichi in front of the the detective boys and the whole thing was just hilarious :P

Oh, I forgot about OVA 10! Now I don't know which one to choose!

My favorites are 2, 3, and 8.

I think the first problem people have with these things is that they take them a little too seriously when all they're meant to be are dumb, harmless fluff. They're bad, you say? That's... kind of the point, actually.

Taking the idea of CarpetCrawler ("Favorite Movie?") It occurred to me to make a topic like this but with Detective Conan OVAs. To me in particular I like the OVA 2, when Conan and Ran stay together, as when Shinichi it was Shinichi xD

But my favorite is undoubtedly the OVA 9, I loved the part where Conan tells Ran that he is actually Shinichi, although she doesn't take seriously ;D

And what about you?

Mine is also OVA 9, Stranger in ten years. It was so sad, I was crying the first time I watched it..... :*(..... but if this is how Conan ends up......

I think they're all OK. I hardly ever pick favorites on anything, though. The OVAs are a nice distraction from the series, and give you something to watch other than continuous murder cases. Same with the Magic Files and Lupin III vs. DC.

I liked ova 2, because of the atmosphere, and ova 9 because of the story. Ova 2 was really refreshing, with the autumn feel and the "moments alone". Also, Heiji was hilarious in that ova. Ova 9 was tragic, though in a nice way, but it still managed to get me down, which is actually a good effect because that means that the writers really got to the audience. Sonoko's casebook was good too, the diffrent scenarios that the detective boys thought of gave me a good laugh. Really though, all conan ovas are pretty nice (except maybe 11...)

I liked ova 2, because of the atmosphere, and ova 9 because of the story. Ova 2 was really refreshing, with the autumn feel and the "moments alone". Also, Heiji was hilarious in that ova. Ova 9 was tragic, though in a nice way, but it still managed to get me down, which is actually a good effect because that means that the writers really got to the audience. Sonoko's casebook was good too, the diffrent scenarios that the detective boys thought of gave me a good laugh. Really though, all conan ovas are pretty nice (except maybe 11...)

I agree with you. OVA 11 was the only that failed to entertain me.