Detective Conan World
Kiel95

Miyano-Sempai Part 3

The two girls nodded.

“I was working on a case and Miyano-sempai was helping me.”

“What sort of relationship was it, hmm Shinichi?” Ran asked with a terrifyingly angry smile.

“She was just my partner,” he said hurriedly as his heartbeat sped up.

He didn’t want to be cornered with an angry Ran blocking his path to freedom. “We worked together and that’s all! She likes to make fun of me and twist everything around just to mess with everyone’s mind. There really is nothing between us!”

They seemed quite skeptical about it but slowly began to believe him. His eyes didn’t betray him, he was telling the truth.

“Oh my, you already told them? And here I was hoping to mess with you a little more. It’s much more interesting when you’re flustered, your mind doesn’t seem to work as fast.” Shiho was standing at the door with a smirk before turning and walking off. ~Kiel95

Shinichi suddenly stood up which made the girls jump slightly in surprise, and in that moment of hesitation he managed to escape, running after Shin=ho and saying, “Oi, Miyano-sempai! Get back here you jerk! Stop making misunderstandings!!”

The others just watched with open mouths as they left.

Shinichi caught up with Shiho who didn’t stop. She turned slightly while walking and had a slight smile on her face.

He didn’t understand why, but he knew he shouldn’t stop following her. She always seemed to exude an aura that told him what he should do next, he figured it was finally time he obeyed it.

They ended up on the rooftop after a little more walking.

When they arrived, Shinichi asked in exasperation, “Oi, Haibara, what are we doing up here?!”

She whipped around in a sudden movement and glared, saying with an ice cold tone, “I’m Miyano Shiho now. Haibara Ai no longer exists. Don’t use the incorrect name here. It could cause devastating trouble.”

Shinichi lost his angry tone as he worked the fact that the person in front of him was Miyano-sempai and not the child he’d known before, and he should address her as such, into his brain.

“Now then,” Shiho said in a slightly lighter tone, “I’m quite sure you wanted to talk with me but can’t do so in front of other students. So, what is it you want?”

He gulped slightly, though he didn’t know why, and asked, “Why are you here specifically?”

“I told you, to make sure that the antidote is permanent.”

“But why school?”

Shiho sighed and said with a slight longing in her voice, “Maybe you don’t know what it’s like, but this is normal high school. Everyone’s my age. It’s not what I’m used to. I’m no longer the youngest in my grade where everyone looks at me like I’m a freak since I’m a genius at such a young age. I can live a normal high school life. You’ve always lived one so you don’t know what I mean. I was often moving up the grade system at an extremely fast rate. I never had the chance to meet people before I was moved to the next grade. It was only slightly different in college. Even thought I attended college in the normal amount of time it takes, well, shaving a year or two off, I was constantly surrounded by the syndicate to watch over me as I grew smarter and more valuable to them. They couldn’t have me harmed or have me escape. That’s why I’ve never lived normally, so just this once, just once I want to see what it’s like.

She slowly went silent and Shinichi was at a loss for words. ~Kiel95

She then turned and leaned against the railing with a smile and continued, “Well whatever right? No point dwelling on the past if it’s unimportant. I’m here now so it’s fine. I’m starting to receive the experience I wanted, though the constant love letters can be annoying. Ah, and I had a question for you. Confessions, love letters, are these normal for high school students?”

Shinichi snapped out of his melancholy mood and replied with a slight smile, “Not to normal students, but for you and me, it happens quite often. I must admit, on a scale of 1 to 10, ten being the hottest; you’d rank an 11 which is why so many guys are after you.”

Shiho walked over and brought her face close to his asking, “Oh? Might you be one of them?”

He stumbled back slightly and regained his composure quickly and rolled his eyes saying, “Baaaaaaka, of course not. I have Ran remember?”

Shiho pretended to be thinking as she said, “Oh yeah, how could I ever forget?” Her sarcasm was quite apparent.

He was about to retort when she smirked and brushed past him, “See you around Kudo-kun, and don’t forget to eat your lunch.”

He turned around to reply but she had already disappeared down the steps.

He sighed in exasperation and headed down the steps as well, going back to the classroom to eat.

When that day was over, Shinichi headed home in exhaustion. It’d been quite the crazy day, and he hadn’t been expecting any of it. He was glad though, glad that everything seemed to calm back down.

Shiho didn’t bother him again, the gossiping died down, and Ran was content that Shinichi was hers, even if they weren’t dating yet. Even so, something just didn’t feel right to Shinichi.

Two months had passed and he’d only caught glimpses of Shiho in the halls. She’d be surrounded by girls who were her new friends, and guys who were still pining after her. ~Kiel95

Not once since the first day they’d seen each other had she come seeking him out. In fact, he was actually feeling a bit lonely, it was strange.

He also couldn’t visit her outside school since she no longer stayed at the professor’s, nor had she told him where she now resided.

So for the moment, he ignored those thoughts. Little did he know he was about to be dragged back into her world again, but this time, he was the one initiating it.

~Kiel95

• Upvote 2

Im here! *is tired* Hmm... Interesting, but I don't think Ran would act so openly jealous. It'd be more internal than external if you know what I mean. Sonoko would be more likely to suggest the relationship possibility, or possibly suggest 'you've got competition!' to Ran. Ai's quite the ice queen, isn't she? XD (I prefer the name Haibara Ai over Miyano Shiho... It looks prettier in Chinese and English.) I'm curious about where she's staying as well...

Im here! *is tired* Hmm... Interesting, but I don't think Ran would act so openly jealous. It'd be more internal than external if you know what I mean. Sonoko would be more likely to suggest the relationship possibility, or possibly suggest 'you've got competition!' to Ran. Ai's quite the ice queen, isn't she? XD (I prefer the name Haibara Ai over Miyano Shiho... It looks prettier in Chinese and English.) I'm curious about where she's staying as well...

It is kind of hard to say how Ran would react when others are around... whenever we see her jealousy, it's always with only the main characters... they never show her openly jealous at school... so it's kind of hard to say how she'd react... but i never stay in character the whole way through... usually i always have her OOC just to fit xD and don't worry~ you'll find out where she's staying ^^

I love it! Especially Shiho's constant teasing

the teasing does not yet cease xD when can i'll get back to the story and write more and post it :3

They're so cuTe! This is getting exciting. Can't wait for the next part!

^3^ <3 i just need to find a time when i feel motivated to continue >///< i dunno why but recently i've been so into drawing i've done so little typing O__o it's crazy!

^3^ <3 i just need to find a time when i feel motivated to continue >///< i dunno why but recently i've been so into drawing i've done so little typing O__o it's crazy!

It's okay! I'll wait no matter how long it takes... ^^

It's okay! I'll wait no matter how long it takes... ^^

:3 well~ i'm currently watching Pokemon xD the original~ man i miss the trio of misty, brock, and ash xD

:3 well~ i'm currently watching Pokemon xD the original~ man i miss the trio of misty, brock, and ash xD

I missed them too... I liked the original trio than the current ones.

thanks everyone!!!

in fact, i plan to find the story (as it kinda was completed) and type it up on the computer!!! hopefully it'll be up tonight! just gotta find it and pull myself away from texting my friends xD