Detective Conan World
Vi Graythorn

Share A Fact About You

I have a weird obsession with research, and not the productive kind, either. I probably spend more time watching and reading people talk/write about anime, books, or whatever than I actually do seeing it myself.

On 5/8/2016 at 10:41 PM, Kirsch said:

I have a weird obsession with research, and not the productive kind, either. I probably spend more time watching and reading people talk/write about anime, books, or whatever than I actually do seeing it myself.

All research are productive :V

===

I and my siblings have a pretty dark skin color which I probably inherited from my dad's side since my mom and my uncles and aunts have a really light skin color (They have some sort of hispanic ancestry).

It's so funny when my friends see my mom for the first time. They're like "Is she really your mother?" Man, I'm like Heiji xD

My favorite book genre is fantasy/sci-fi. My least favorite is historical fiction or thriller (former because the covers always look dull, and latter because I think cinematographic effects work better for the genre).

8 hours ago, .MK. said:

All research are productive :V

It's all in the opportunity cost :V

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Kirsch said:

My favorite book genre is fantasy/sci-fi. My least favorite is historical fiction or thriller (former because the covers always look dull, and latter because I think cinematographic effects work better for the genre).

It's all in the opportunity cost :V

Geez. You're so nitpicky. It's just the book cover. *quote* "Don't judge the book by its cover". *endquote* :P:P

Also, are you trying to use economic terms? :V :V Don't ever do that haha :P

20 hours ago, Kirsch said:

Me too! Although I like thriller added to that. 

20 hours ago, Kirsch said:

In that case, I'd recommend you try reading The DaVinci Code

...on the assumption that you're not a hardcore Christian or anything

The thriller aspect of the book is a pivotal component to what made it a captivating read

I still have quite a few nitpicks with the story, but this novel should give you the idea that not all thrillers are most effective on the big screen

5 hours ago, Ryo said:

Me too! Although I like thriller added to that. 

Any recs? To be totally fair, I haven't gone deep into the thriller genre yet. thus shouldnt be making these generalizations but oh well I think it was my recent meh experience with Gone Girl that sort of turned me off.

4 hours ago, Kenzi said:

In that case, I'd recommend you try reading The DaVinci Code

...on the assumption that you're not a hardcore Christian or anything

The thriller aspect of the book is a pivotal component to what made it a captivating read

I still have quite a few nitpicks with the story, but this novel should give you the idea that not all thrillers are most effective on the big screen

Ah, that's at the top of my TBR pile. I've been putting it off because I have the "watched the movie lolz" excuse, haha. I really should get to it :D

On 6/2/2016 at 5:09 PM, Kirsch said:

Any recs? To be totally fair, I haven't gone deep into the thriller genre yet. thus shouldnt be making these generalizations but oh well I think it was my recent meh experience with Gone Girl that sort of turned me off.

A couple I enjoyed are The Silkworm, Mr. Mercedes, and Murder on the Orient Express.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, .MK. said:

6:66 for me (which translates to 7:06) :P Demonic Power!

===

For a person who's just 18, I have a crap ton of gray hair already.

Ah, I had lots of grey hair in middle school. :P

I laugh when I'm uncomfortable, and occasionally when I'm nervous. It's not uncontrollable laughter or anything like that, but it sounds like I remembered something amusing, and am having a hard time stifling it. It's very inconvenient :))

On 6/5/2016 at 7:30 AM, .MK. said:

For a person who's just 18, I have a crap ton of gray hair already.

23 hours ago, The Banana Paladin said:

Seems like it may be genetic for you guys lol or maybe something else

---

I can't skate to save my life 

On 6 June 2016 at 1:17 AM, The Banana Paladin said:

45 minutes ago, Ryo said:

Seems like it may be genetic for you guys lol or maybe something else

---

I can't skate to save my life 

I actually started having gray hairs when I was like 14 or something.

I cannot say if it's really genetics coz when it started appearing, it was the time where I was overusing wax on my hair. (You know tryna be the cool kid back those days :V) Dunno tho if there's like a scientific basis that hair wax can cause gray hairs.

16 minutes ago, .MK. said:

I actually started having gray hairs when I was like 14 or something.

I cannot say if it's really genetics coz when it started appearing, it was the time where I was overusing wax on my hair. (You know tryna be the cool kid back those days :V) Dunno tho if there's like a scientific basis that hair wax can cause gray hairs.

I was studying too much while stressing, I've only ever used hair products after eleventh grade. :P

5 minutes ago, The Banana Paladin said:

I was studying too much while stressing, I've only ever used hair products after eleventh grade. :P

Me, I stopped using wax completely. It justs makes my hair all itchy and uncomfortable.

14 minutes ago, .MK. said:

Me, I stopped using wax completely. It justs makes my hair all itchy and uncomfortable.

Gatsby? :P

Fact: I dance Caporales now! It's a Bolivian dance :3

I'm pretty proud of myself for finally finding something that I enjoy doing and will get me out of my room so don't rain on my parade ha