Detective Conan World
Vi Graythorn

Share A Fact About You

I never kill bugs. Come on, people, get a piece of paper, open a window, and throw them outside. :P

Yeah. Any large insects bugs me.

Ahahaha I see what you did there :V

I never kill bugs. Come on, people, get a piece of paper, open a window, and throw them outside. :P

Ahahaha I see what you did there :V

You've never seen how large insects can get here :V I mostly just let insects go their merry way as long as they're not harmful or dirty like cockroaches and mosquitos

@Zubi-There's one thing to do with them.

KILL THEM WITH FIRE BEFORE THEY MULTIPLY MORE

You've never seen how large insects can get here :V I mostly just let insects go their merry way as long as they're not harmful or dirty like cockroaches and mosquitos

^this

A moth of like 3 inches pooped on my window and got inside my room the other day :v 

Speaking of which, we also found a fat rat dead inside the washing machine :| 

@Zubi-There's one thing to do with them.

KILL THEM WITH FIRE BEFORE THEY MULTIPLY MORE

Or shoot dishwashing liquid at them and watch them suffocate to death 

^this

A moth of like 3 inches pooped on my window and got inside my room the other day :v 

Speaking of which, we also found a fat rat dead inside the washing machine :| 

Or shoot dishwashing liquid at them and watch them suffocate to death 

Wow. 3 Inches. Did you measure it? :3

Big Moths aren't also that rare here. I used to see them around alot when I was a kid.

Speaking of insects, I love ants! They're the coolest creatures alive. (:

Yeah. The also intrigue me. I think they're one of the few creatures who has a society like thingy.

But other than that, I dislike everything about them.

Yeah. The also intrigue me. I think they're one of the few creatures who has a society like thingy.

I used to be obsessed with the Animorphs series as a really little kid, and there was this one book where the main characters morphed into ants (they have the powers to transform into other living beings, thus "Animorphs") and went into one of the ant colonies. The author wrote it as a super traumatic experience since each ant apparently held so little will of their own and were completely driven by the omniscient queen, so that's creeped the heck out of me since.

I used to be obsessed with the Animorphs series as a really little kid, and there was this one book where the main characters morphed into ants (they have the powers to transform into other living beings, thus "Animorphs") and went into one of the ant colonies. The author wrote it as a super traumatic experience since each ant apparently held so little will of their own and were completely driven by the omniscient queen, so that's creeped the heck out of me since.

I dunno what Animorphs series is but that's one pretty cool story. And what do you mean by they "held so little will of their own"? Is it like they aren't able to control their or the Queen Ant manipulates them or the Queen is just a tyrant? Actually, you know what, I can probably look it up in Wiki lol.

I dunno what Animorphs series is but that's one pretty cool story. And what do you mean by they "held so little will of their own"? Is it like they aren't able to control their or the Queen Ant manipulates them or the Queen is just a tyrant? Actually, you know what, I can probably look it up in Wiki lol.

One of the most interesting aspects of Animorphs is that animals are written not as sentient beings, but as organisms mainly driven by instinct. So when the characters morph into a dolphin, they feel extra elated, but when they morph into a crocodile, they become a cold killer with millions of years of evolution through natural selection behind them. As for the ants, they emphasize that the colony seems to work as one organism and a single ant is little more than a mindless component performing the will of the queen. The queen herself is also far below the sentient status, but she is able to command every one of her subjects and instill fear. The characters did not expect the ant morph to have such strong instincts and so little "humanity", and at the end of the book, all swore to never morph ant again. (They did, of course, but only after a considerable amount of debate.)

​Animorphs​ is a really good series, but it's aimed at elementary school kids so I'm not sure if you would enjoy it as much as I did when I read it as part of the target demographic :P It's about 52 books long (each book is really short) and the main plot is a group of teenagers and one alien fighting against another group of aliens that are secretly taking over the Earth.

On a separate note, they're pretty infamous for their covers:

Animorphs_33_The_Illusion.jpg

(I personally like them though :V)

^^Man I remember when the Animorphs series came out. Used to read that and goosebumps back in elementary school. Good times. 

One of the most interesting aspects of Animorphs is that animals are written not as sentient beings, but as organisms mainly driven by instinct. So when the characters morph into a dolphin, they feel extra elated, but when they morph into a crocodile, they become a cold killer with millions of years of evolution through natural selection behind them. As for the ants, they emphasize that the colony seems to work as one organism and a single ant is little more than a mindless component performing the will of the queen. The queen herself is also far below the sentient status, but she is able to command every one of her subjects and instill fear. The characters did not expect the ant morph to have such strong instincts and so little "humanity", and at the end of the book, all swore to never morph ant again. (They did, of course, but only after a considerable amount of debate.)

​Animorphs​ is a really good series, but it's aimed at elementary school kids so I'm not sure if you would enjoy it as much as I did when I read it as part of the target demographic :P It's about 52 books long (each book is really short) and the main plot is a group of teenagers and one alien fighting against another group of aliens that are secretly taking over the Earth.

On a separate note, they're pretty infamous for their covers:

Animorphs_33_The_Illusion.jpg

(I personally like them though :V)

Hmmm... I see. That seems to be a pretty good story. You summarized it, already D:

IRL, Queen Ants btw aren't really the "Queen" of an ant colony. Wiki here.

===

:P I dun think I'll be able to get a copy of it, anyways, since I'm so poor and it's 52 books ;___;. Haha, but yeah, it might have a really "kiddish" plot so I might not really like it lol. Maybe my younger version would, I should probably send him some copy through a time machine xD

Btw, are you people there in US required to read certain books or something on certain ages?

Hmmm... I see. That seems to be a pretty good story. You summarized it, already D:

IRL, Queen Ants btw aren't really the "Queen" of an ant colony. Wiki here.

===

:P I dun think I'll be able to get a copy of it, anyways, since I'm so poor and it's 52 books ;___;. Haha, but yeah, it might have a really "kiddish" plot so I might not really like it lol. Maybe my younger version would, I should probably send him some copy through a time machine xD

Btw, are you people there in US required to read certain books or something on certain ages?

Just read more about ants than I really care to know. //jk thanks for correcting me

But duuude that was just one book out of 52 and the main plot has nothing to do with ants <_< ​Actually I take back what I said. Read it. I just skimmed through a few of the books I have and reread some summaries online, and yeah, I don't think it's too childish. If you think it's too childish, drop it, but otherwise try at least one and see where you get off from there. There are some things in there that I think you'll find pretty interesting  :D

Synopsis of the whole series below:

The basic premise of the book has to deal with the war between two alien species: the Yeerks and the Andalites. The Yeerks are the "bad guys" and the Andalites are the "good guys" (I put these in quotes because later, you'll see they're not necessarily so). The Yeerks are a species of slug-like creatures with no physical power other than their ability to crawl into another creature's brain and take total control of it. With this dependency on other more powerful life-forms, they conquer one planet after another with their military superiority, which becomes more and more apparent every time they acquire more bodies.

Finally, they find our planet Earth and they set Visser Three and his forces to bring humans under Yeerk control. However, the Visser does this in secret, luring humans into this "wonderful, family-friendly" organization front only to enslave them and insert them back into the human world as a sleeper Yeerk agent. They infiltrate all different levels of society with this method, from the homeless man you see on the corner begging for money to your fourth grade teacher to one of the members of that up-and-coming boy band. So when a group of five teenagers (and later an Andalite stranded on Earth) are unknowingly whisked into the middle of this intergalactic war by a dying Andalite warrior and his last wish, they decide to form a guerilla resistance force under the name "Animorphs" in reference to their newfound ability to morph into any creature whose DNA they've acquired, knowing that they could trust no one but themselves.

Throughout the series, many other subplots are explored as well, including other alien species like the enslaved Hork-Bajirs, the killer Howlers, omniscient Crayak and Ellimist, and the android Chee, as well as the history behind the Yeerk conquest. The war is pretty brutal, and one of the main theme deals with where the line should be drawn as the main characters learn to manipulate, kill, and violently dismember their enemies. As the plot progresses, you also realize that most Yeerks aren't "bad' just as not all Andalites are "good", and how many different ideologies clash when weighing in the need for survival by both sides. There's also time travel, the zeroeth-dimension, alternate universes, and some other things that I can't tell you without spoiling stuff :P

I tried keeping it as short as possible without missing the bone of the series, haha. This was honestly a pretty good refresher course for me. I'm just now remembering how complicated the plot gets by the last dozen books xD And go to the library, dummy.

(Confession: I didn't read these in order. If 52 books is a lot to take in, try skipping around. Some things won't make the most sense, but at least you'd get a firm grasp of the story.)

Not required, per se, but libraries like to put a label on things. ​Animorphs ​is rated Middle Grade, so deemed suitable for ages 8-12, even though you can enjoy it whilst being outside of that age range.

• Upvote 1

Just read more about ants than I really care to know. //jk thanks for correcting me

But duuude that was just one book out of 52 and the main plot has nothing to do with ants <_< ​Actually I take back what I said. Read it. I just skimmed through a few of the books I have and reread some summaries online, and yeah, I don't think it's too childish. If you think it's too childish, drop it, but otherwise try at least one and see where you get off from there. There are some things in there that I think you'll find pretty interesting  :D

Synopsis of the whole series below:

The basic premise of the book has to deal with the war between two alien species: the Yeerks and the Andalites. The Yeerks are the "bad guys" and the Andalites are the "good guys" (I put these in quotes because later, you'll see they're not necessarily so). The Yeerks are a species of slug-like creatures with no physical power other than their ability to crawl into another creature's brain and take total control of it. With this dependency on other more powerful life-forms, they conquer one planet after another with their military superiority, which becomes more and more apparent every time they acquire more bodies.

Finally, they find our planet Earth and they set Visser Three and his forces to bring humans under Yeerk control. However, the Visser does this in secret, luring humans into this "wonderful, family-friendly" organization front only to enslave them and insert them back into the human world as a sleeper Yeerk agent. They infiltrate all different levels of society with this method, from the homeless man you see on the corner begging for money to your fourth grade teacher to one of the members of that up-and-coming boy band. So when a group of five teenagers (and later an Andalite stranded on Earth) are unknowingly whisked into the middle of this intergalactic war by a dying Andalite warrior and his last wish, they decide to form a guerilla resistance force under the name "Animorphs" in reference to their newfound ability to morph into any creature whose DNA they've acquired, knowing that they could trust no one but themselves.

Throughout the series, many other subplots are explored as well, including other alien species like the enslaved Hork-Bajirs, the killer Howlers, omniscient Crayak and Ellimist, and the android Chee, as well as the history behind the Yeerk conquest. The war is pretty brutal, and one of the main theme deals with where the line should be drawn as the main characters learn to manipulate, kill, and violently dismember their enemies. As the plot progresses, you also realize that most Yeerks aren't "bad' just as not all Andalites are "good", and how many different ideologies clash when weighing in the need for survival by both sides. There's also time travel, the zeroeth-dimension, alternate universes, and some other things that I can't tell you without spoiling stuff :P

I tried keeping it as short as possible without missing the bone of the series, haha. This was honestly a pretty good refresher course for me. I'm just now remembering how complicated the plot gets by the last dozen books xD And go to the library, dummy.

(Confession: I didn't read these in order. If 52 books is a lot to take in, try skipping around. Some things won't make the most sense, but at least you'd get a firm grasp of the story.)

Not required, per se, but libraries like to put a label on things. ​Animorphs ​is rated Middle Grade, so deemed suitable for ages 8-12, even though you can enjoy it whilst being outside of that age range.

Haha, you really put an effort to this, didn't you? :P

Yeah, yeah sure. I read what you wrote and the synopsis itself already sounds amazing haha. I'll seriously try finding that book and I'll try reading it but only just becoz you pushed me to do so, so if this turns out bad, you'll take the blame xD... I'm Serious, JK.

I dunno if it's available here in my country in the libraries, actually. Haha but as I said, I'll really try my best to find a copy of it. I'll even tell you if I do :P

Btw, about what I asked, I see. That's something new to learn. :3

Have you seen Ant-Man?

No. Is it good though? q:

Yeah, they're fascinating! I love experimenting with them, too. haha

Haha, you really put an effort to this, didn't you? :P

Yeah, yeah sure. I read what you wrote and the synopsis itself already sounds amazing haha. I'll seriously try finding that book and I'll try reading it but only just becoz you pushed me to do so, so if this turns out bad, you'll take the blame xD... I'm Serious, JK.

I dunno if it's available here in my country in the libraries, actually. Haha but as I said, I'll really try my best to find a copy of it. I'll even tell you if I do :P

Btw, about what I asked, I see. That's something new to learn. :3

Duh, there's no stopping me once you start talking books :P That's great to hear! I'm biting my nails in suspense/excitement, heehee

No. Is it good though? q:

No idea xD But something about the title "Ant-Man" sort of puts me off. I've never been a fan of how Marvel and DC (did I get that right?) name their characters in general. Still not over "Bat-Man"... Deadpool sounds pretty cool though. I think there's a movie about him coming out soon :rolleyes:

No idea xD But something about the title "Ant-Man" sort of puts me off. I've never been a fan of how Marvel and DC (did I get that right?) name their characters in general. Still not over "Bat-Man"... Deadpool sounds pretty cool though. I think there's a movie about him coming out soon :rolleyes:

I think that's right, yeah, but don't ask me. I know as much about it as you do. q: I'm not really sure when it is Marvel or when it is DC. Anyway, 'Batman' is cool, much better than 'Ant-man'. If you want to know more, though, Baltha is the one to go to. haha

When I was super little, my dream is to be a commercial pilot. I still wanna learn how to fly a magestic eagle someday tho, it'll be really cool.

Super little? Like tiny? xb 3-5 cm? I have two friends who are both infatuated with aeroplanes, and one of them has plans to become a pilot one day. That's cool!

Super little? Like tiny? xb 3-5 cm? I have two friends who are both infatuated with aeroplanes, and one of them has plans to become a pilot one day. That's cool!

I was like 1 cm when I was 3 :P Haha, that's cool. I just love flying that is and I'm also pretty infatuated with man-made stuffs that can fly, and I guess riding an airplane feels cozy.

I'm really sad how the Internet and people around me ruined my innocence. The real world is scary, lmao

That's a contradiction in there  lol :P

===

I was a crybaby too when I was really young