Detective Conan World
Guest Hajime Kindaichi

We need a Kindaichi Wiki

Should s  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should someone make a Kindaichi Wiki?

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

Today I was reading some Kindaichi Shōnen no Jikenbo manga.(It's known as Kindaichi case files here in America)And I thought This manga/Anime deserves a lot more credit then what its getting now-a-days. It's almost like this series doesn't even exist outside of japan.(It's a miracle that Toykopop even pick up the series and translated a few cases in English.)
and only 17 episodes have been fan-subbed in English. This series pretty much started the whole mystery-manga genre. So I feel this series deserves a lot more credit. And I was hoping (with some help) that we could put together a Wiki that is pretty much the same thing as our Detective Conan wiki but it would be about kindaichi. It would be cool if this site could host the wiki but that probably won't happen, But if this site does host the wiki then it would bring more traffic to the site. Anyway I hope one Kindaichi gets more credit in the future. So what do you guys think? should Kindaichi get a Wiki?

Here is a summary of the series: It's a mystery anime and manga that revolves a high school kid named Hajime Kindaichi who, with his best friend Miyuki always seem to end up being involved in murder mystery's.(sounds a lot like Detective Conan, right?)After the first case Kindaichi befriends a detective named Kenmochi, Kenmochi is the main detective in the series and will appear a lot in the series. Oh, and also Kindaichi is the grandson of the famous Kosuke Kindaichi(a famous mystery series in Japan) Unlike detective Conan almost all of the Kindaichi mystery's revolve around a locked room murder.And kindaichi also seems to have a dark atmosphere that some readers/watchers might enjoy. All and all, Kindaichi is one of the best mystery anime or manga out there, along side Detective Conan.

Moderator note: Since a Wikia wiki for Kindaichi has been created, this topic will be locked. 

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

what is this show

It's a mystery anime and manga that revolves a high school kid named Hajime Kindaichi who, with his best friend Miyuki always seem to end up being involved in murder mystery's.(sounds a lot like Detective Conan, right?)After the first case Kindaichi befriends a detective named Kenmochi, Kenmochi is the main detective in the series and will appear a lot in the series. Oh, and also Kindaichi is the grandson of the famous Kosuke Kindaichi(a famous mystery series in Japan) Unlike detective Conan almost all of the Kindaichi mystery's revolve around a locked room murder.And kindaichi also seems to have a dark atmosphere that some readers/watchers might enjoy. All and all, Kindaichi is one of the best mystery anime or manga out there, along side Detective Conan. I feel that it deserves more attention then what it getting at the moment. I would would give the series a 5 out of 5. But don't take my word for it, go watch a few episodes and see for yourself.

Just wondering why?

Because kindaichi isn't even close to being a good show, so nobody needs to waste their time making a wiki for it

I think it's unfair to write off the concept completely.... but this site is devoted to Detective Conan, and I don't see a place for it here aside from being an affiliate

Because kindaichi isn't even close to being a good show, so nobody needs to waste their time making a wiki for it

Sez You. I dug it from what I read. It's Detective Conan if Gosho still had enough balls to do violent cases again.

Personally, I think Kindaichi Case Files is much better than the recent cases of Conan (except for the BO arcs). However, it's really hard to open a Wiki page for this series, because:

This manga is very rare and expensive, and there are no official group who uploads the scans and translate every single chapter of them (like DCTP). Since this manga is published a long time ago, we can hardly buy it even in Japan. The anime version is pretty well-known if I'm not mistaken, but anime is not a very trustable source to write Wiki. Therefore, there are not so many people in this world that have good knowledge about Kindaichi to the point that they can create a Wiki page for it. (For me, I didn't even finish that series). So far, the lack of information is the most serious problem...

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

I think it's unfair to write off the concept completely.... but this site is devoted to Detective Conan, and I don't see a place for it here aside from being an affiliate

yeah your right about this, sadly I don't think any other site would host a Kindaichi wiki, that's why I suggested it here. because we all love Detective Conan and any other mystery we can get our hands on.

Personally, I think Kindaichi Case Files is much better than the recent cases of Conan (except for the BO arcs). However, it's really hard to open a Wiki page for this series, because:This manga is very rare and expensive, and there are no official group who uploads the scans and translate every single chapter of them (like DCTP). Since this manga is published a long time ago, we can hardly buy it even in Japan. The anime version is pretty well-known if I'm not mistaken, but anime is not a very trustable source to write Wiki. Therefore, there are not so many people in this world that have good knowledge about Kindaichi to the point that they can create a Wiki page for it. (For me, I didn't even finish that series). So far, the lack of information is the most serious problem...

Yeah they are really rare, but I was lucky enough to get all of the manga released by tokyopop excluding the house of wax which is the 13th one that was released in English(and I'm planning to get that one in the next month, so that will mean that I will have all of the English releases soon) So If we were to start a Wiki I would be able to supply info on the first 17 cases. Also There has to be someone on this site who is from Japan and who is a big enough kindaichi fan to have collected all(or most) of the kindaichi files that were never released in English. So If that person/people could help with the wiki project, we could put together a pretty good wiki. So I guess we have to find some die-hard Kindaichi fans from Japan on this site to even think about putting together a Wiki.

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

Hmmm...never heard of the series..but it sounds interesting...

you should definitely look into it, It's a really good series.

*thank you for bringing this thread back to life, I hope we can get a wiki for the series.

But not many people know it right? So..how are you going to get all the info? Just yourself and a couple more? And I will, but I checked and my library doesn't have it..can you read it online?

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

But not many people know it right? So..how are you going to get all the info? Just yourself and a couple more? And I will, but I checked and my library doesn't have it..can you read it online?

It is hard to get your hands on a English copy of the manga. But this forum is filled with people who are all over the world, And I know for a fact that kindaichi has been translated into more languages then just English.(though the English version is not complete) So I'm hoping that there is someone on this forum who has collected most of the manga and is will to help out with the wiki.(also the first 18 episodes and the first movie have been fan-subbed, so I'd check those out,and if you watch the movie let me warn you the subbs are not so good, I would definitely watch the TV episodes first they have better subbs.)

*The whole goal of the wiki is to introduce the manga/anime to more people so it is more know.

It is hard to get your hands on a English copy of the manga. But this forum is filled with people who are all over the world, And I know for a fact that kindaichi has been translated into more languages then just English.(though the English version is not complete) So I'm hoping that there is someone on this forum who has collected most of the manga and is will to help out with the wiki.(also the first 18 episodes and the first movie have been fan-subbed, so I'd check those out,and if you watch the movie let me warn you the subbs are not so good, I would definitely watch the TV episodes first they have better subbs.)

*The whole goal of the wiki is to introduce the manga/anime to more people so it is more know.

Ahhh..I get it. So..can you read it online or not? Ahh, nvm, I'll just check for myself. x)

Edit: You can. x)

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

Ahhh..I get it. So..can you read it online or not? Ahh, nvm, I'll just check for myself. x)

Edit: You can. x)

yeah you can, But I rather have them in book form because they are so long.

yeah you can, But I rather have them in book form because they are so long.

Yeah..I would rather have any manga in book form..well with the possible exception of DC buut.. yeah...

instead of making wiki for it why don't we focus on translating the whole series, both manga and anime so that people will aware what's happening in the series so that we can contribute on the information that we know to the wiki. I was hoping the the late DCTP will engage some project on Kindaichi (as of now KAW and KNKF are the only reliable fansub group translating the series), but now still hoping that one day people will know how incredible this series is especially on the mystery genre fans.

The series is really good, even though there is no common plot like the Black Organization in Detective Conan, the cases in my opinion are well done, better than many in DC because they usually include at least 3 episodes, so there is more room for plot development. Also, I personally found it harder to guess the murderers.

Not saying DC is worse though, it's just different.