Detective Conan World
Maurice

News about Watch section being down

I think I can safely say the answer to that (after it being down more than two years already) is no

Then shouldn't we just take the WHOLE part of the site off, to avoid dissappointment (sp) of future users. :?

Then shouldn't we just take the WHOLE part of the site off, to avoid dissappointment (sp) of future users. :?

I've actually approached Maurice about this. I don't wish to speak for him, but he has his reasons for not removing it. I did however suggest that he makes the message clearer for new users so that no confusion will be had.

Super Mod hijack: All of the mods have asked him about it too.

I've actually approached Maurice about this. I don't wish to speak for him, but he has his reasons for not removing it. I did however suggest that he makes the message clearer for new users so that no confusion will be had.

Super Mod hijack: All of the mods have asked him about it too.

Ahokay. I see why Maurice agrees with this, as it's rather good to show that we tried and it got shut down. ;)

Hello everyone!

As you could have seen, the website has been down for the past few days. We've run into some issues and had to change host. As you probably noticed as well, the Watch section is currently unavailable. It seems that the site was becoming a little too "popular" for the "important" people and a DMCA was filed to our host regarding DCW. It seems that even though the videos are hosted on Youtube, the fact that we're linking to them on the site is enough to shout copyright infringement...

Which is really odd judging by the activities of many popular anime and drama sites who openly embed 100x more videos! (including DC ones). My guess is that the site was ranking really well in Google (maybe too well?) and was attracting a lot of fans. If it was not that popular, I'm pretty sure we would not have had any issues to date.

Therefore, I regret to inform you that the Watch section will be unavailable until further notice. I hope we can come up with a working solution in the future but I cannot promise anything at this time.

I do believe that the Wiki is still one of the main features of DCW and as long as this stays, DCW will remain true to its goal of becoming the ultimate DC resource on the net! And I will keep working as hard as I can on improving and turning this site into a true DC reference and a great place for DC fans to hang out!

I understand if you wish to stop supporting the site now that there are no more videos to watch but we will still always appreciate any support you wish to provide. You're more than welcome to stick around with us and show how big and strong the DC community can really be. The wiki, although far from complete, is right now the most comprehensive and complete library there is on the net about DC. We, at DCW, are really proud of how it turned out and that's definitely something big and worth sticking around for. And the more contributors, the merrier! :P

To finish, I plan to add more features to the site in the future. So, watch out for them. ^^

I thank you all for your patience and support!

A DC fan at heart,

Maurice

NANI????

But I was looking forward to watching more DC

Um, you seem new here.  The watch section has been down for a while.  I think you might be misinterpreting the news (how'd you dig this up anyway?) as it only means the watch section on this site is dysfunctional and will not return, as it has been for over 4 and a half years.  The rest of the Internet is not affected.

(... well, there was that anti-piracy campaign by the Japanese government that spawned a website riddled with Engrish and an ad consisting 95% of "arigatou"s...)  

Is it bad if my first urge after reading this was to like and reblog it?

I only use forums and never blogs, so I honestly cannot relate to that urge in any possible way.

... and did you make an account just to say that?  Also, what did you just read?  Maurice's original post or mine?

and we're back

yay!!

happy.gif

so? the watch section has a low possibility to come back?

is it back? i know this is 5 years ago, but  are there even people on this website?

'