Detective Conan World
Maurice

News about Watch section being down

Hello everyone!

As you could have seen, the website has been down for the past few days. We've run into some issues and had to change host. As you probably noticed as well, the Watch section is currently unavailable. It seems that the site was becoming a little too "popular" for the "important" people and a DMCA was filed to our host regarding DCW. It seems that even though the videos are hosted on Youtube, the fact that we're linking to them on the site is enough to shout copyright infringement...

Which is really odd judging by the activities of many popular anime and drama sites who openly embed 100x more videos! (including DC ones). My guess is that the site was ranking really well in Google (maybe too well?) and was attracting a lot of fans. If it was not that popular, I'm pretty sure we would not have had any issues to date.

Therefore, I regret to inform you that the Watch section will be unavailable until further notice. I hope we can come up with a working solution in the future but I cannot promise anything at this time.

I do believe that the Wiki is still one of the main features of DCW and as long as this stays, DCW will remain true to its goal of becoming the ultimate DC resource on the net! And I will keep working as hard as I can on improving and turning this site into a true DC reference and a great place for DC fans to hang out!

I understand if you wish to stop supporting the site now that there are no more videos to watch but we will still always appreciate any support you wish to provide. You're more than welcome to stick around with us and show how big and strong the DC community can really be. The wiki, although far from complete, is right now the most comprehensive and complete library there is on the net about DC. We, at DCW, are really proud of how it turned out and that's definitely something big and worth sticking around for. And the more contributors, the merrier! :P

To finish, I plan to add more features to the site in the future. So, watch out for them. ^^

I thank you all for your patience and support!

A DC fan at heart,

Maurice

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

whew,when I visited this website for the past few days,it read(at 1st):"This account has been suspended",at 2nd it said:"problem loading page",I tried re-typing the website several times,at my last try I felt that my whole world crashed right in front of me,it affected my studies as well......BUT now DCW is back on the internet!!!!!!!!! Hooray for DETECTIVE CONAN!!!!!!!!! :)

Sorry to say this but I really don't understand—how did that copyright issue come up although the embedding of videos from YouTube.com is 100% LEGAL on any other websites. Hopefully, you can have the "Watch" section back in a few days. But if embedding or posting links to DC episodes, movies, OVAs, and TV specials are considered a violation on copyright, you might want to have users to upload instead the DC episodes, movies, OVAs, and TV specials. This is our final resort if we still want to have "Watch" section. If that would be the case, I have a friend in YouTube.com who uploads high-quality videos. Just notify me, if ever.

Sorry to say this but I really don't understand—how did that copyright issue come up although the embedding of videos from YouTube.com is 100% LEGAL on any other websites. Hopefully, you can have the "Watch" section back in a few days. But if embedding or posting links to DC episodes, movies, OVAs, and TV specials are considered a violation on copyright, you might want to have users to upload instead the DC episodes, movies, OVAs, and TV specials. This is our final resort if we still want to have "Watch" section. If that would be the case, I have a friend in YouTube.com who uploads high-quality videos. Just notify me, if ever.

it's not the linking of the videos that's the problem, it's the fact that we were collecting them in the first place into a single database... if it were just about the links, then I'd agree with you, but the problem is bigger than that

Well, that took too long enough for me to read. Anyway, it's great that the site is still here though I kind of, I guess, disagree with the "copyright infringement"-related problem. There are far other sites out there that hosts more animes than a single anime staying true. I mean, DCW, not to be negative, does have a good ranking in Google (that's how I found this awesome site) but not much people are here unlike something else that is upcoming. Besides, it's linking and it's still controversial if it's considered as copyright infringement or not. At least, that's what I last heard about. Sadly, the video hosts might be filed that case as well like Youtube. xD

So, I might just be beating around the bush but I can't just stop believing "this" fact. Anyway, thanks for the update and for changing the new host. I'm looking forward that everything will be alright.

Is it possible for you to at least put up the list of episodes that are available with subs. I did not use this site for watching the shows but rather as a source for what is available out on the web. It is not a perfect solution for sure, but considering 99% of the available episodes are on Youtube people can do the grunt work of typing in the episode number. Sorry to hear about the DCMA but thanks for all the work you have done.

Great thing this website is back I thought I had to go to a new one since it said you were suspended I thought you were suspended for the voilence in DC episodes but the great thing it is back and will stay that way for a long time...

Is it possible for you to at least put up the list of episodes that are available with subs. I did not use this site for watching the shows but rather as a source for what is available out on the web. It is not a perfect solution for sure, but considering 99% of the available episodes are on Youtube people can do the grunt work of typing in the episode number. Sorry to hear about the DCMA but thanks for all the work you have done.

That's an interesting idea. This way, the Watch section would serve as an episode database and would be used for informational purposes. Shouldn't cause any issue normally. I'll try to work on that sometime soon. :)

Great thing this website is back I thought I had to go to a new one since it said you were suspended I thought you were suspended for the voilence in DC episodes but the great thing it is back and will stay that way for a long time...

Mentioning suspension due to "violence" made me lol. :D

heres a link to all the episodes that were subed, are being subed, and that are not subed

LINK!!

you cant just stream it. you gotta download it and you have to make an account. the account is free to make. this site have not been updated for a while but its mostly correct

Would it be better to put a notice that site is not claiming copyright of the videos?

I have also suggested this, but, according to Maurice, Southpaw, and CarpetCrawler, putting notice or disclaimer still won't help. Kindly refer to this topic for complete details.

awww. that sucks... i guess i have to find them on youtube now... Xd

but yay! DCW is back!

You can try to find episodes of Detective Conan on youtube....but I'm sure you won't be able to due to copyrights claimed by FUNimation entertainment .... I'm not sure if that has anything to do with several sites not working well trying to play Case Closed/Detective Conan on clips....

What if you take all episodes and put them in to two seperate sides of the site?, also if streaming episodes from youtube is considered eligal to you then it should be for all other sites that do it as well right? so if its not for them then I highly doubt that it is for this site at all. Most likely someones simply jealous of the sites "hype" and wishes to take you down a notch. Do not let them intimidate you, instead rise up and do all of the below such as: Put a desclaimer up in the watch section(doesnt matter if people think it wont help as long as it does), also have people of this site upload there ovas, and episodes them selves to the watch section, do not use any other type of streaming to watch "A.K.A. megavideo, youtubes movie screens" episodes or movies, and finally put up a second desclaimer that simply states that this is a free to use, free to watch case closed episode data base/ fanclub. Also ask the creators of Conan themselves if you can have permission to show there episodes for free as a fanclub should have permission to do.

if you want to watch episodes of detective conan see here:

(Subbed Episodes) -link removed-

(OVAs, Movies, Live Actions) video.mail.ru/mail/thequyen2/4308/

(Case Closed) -link removed-

these links are not mine... i just want to share to everyone where i watch episodes.... youtube is a bad site to watch detective conan....

if you want to watch episodes of detective conan see here:

(Subbed Episodes) -link removed-

(OVAs, Movies, Live Actions) video.mail.ru/mail/thequyen2/4308/

(Case Closed) -link removed-

these links are not mine... i just want to share to everyone where i watch episodes.... youtube is a bad site to watch detective conan....

thanks for the link...great help...