Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

What Was the Last Video Game You Played?

Animal Crossing New Leaf 

Finally hit 500 hours played today, my friend who I haven't talked to in a long time came online while I was playing and we got to talk for a bit, and I convinced the villager (Bruce) visiting my campsite to move in. Was overall a good day Animal Crossing-wise

I got way back into Skyrim recently, and excluding the minor motion sickness, it's been really enjoyable. I actually started the main quest, so now dragons randomly show up when I decide to trek from city-to-city instead of fast travel. I also got better at stealing, so I'm not broke all the time anymore. I found out you can marry whoever you want too, so I married Brelyna and aside from her being hung up on that trip to Saarthal you go on when you join the Mage's College in Winterhold, it's been gr8. (I really like her voice actress, so it's disappointing she doesn't have a larger variety of voiced lines, but maybe I just haven't unlocked all of them yet since I'm not done with all the Mage College quests) I haven't explored most of the western and northern half of the map (haven't been to Dawnstar, Markarth, and Morthal yet), but I went to Solitude to join the Bard's College, and it's hands down my favorite city architecturally speaking. I wish there were more wood elf NPCs though. Since I'm playing as a wood elf, it's always cool to run into other bosmer, and maybe their scarcity is what makes finding one somewhat rewarding, but I still wish there were more of them. 

Recently played: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the sky, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles II, Valkyria Chronicles III (english patch), and Detective Conan and Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives (english patch)

I've been gaming hard recently.

School is done (for now) and I finally had the chance to finish Chrono Trigger (which I previously thought would never have the chance to play) and LIMBO.

I loved Chrono Trigger for the Steins;Gate vibes and I loved LIMBO for its simplicity and puzzles.

Both are fantastic games.

I'm in the middle of playing Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (somewhere early on in the Third Act), and I quite like it.  There are some things about it I like better than Awakening and Fates, and other things I'm not so happy with, but of the three I can't choose a favorite or least favorite.  They're all fantastic games and very different in their own rights, and their pros and cons relatively balance each other out.

Also, Breath of the Wild is dope as heck and I play it occasionally whenever I feel like shrine hunting (I'm not using a guide and have only 18 left to locate).

After beating P5, I wanted to try out some other SMT games, and I decided to start with the first Raidou Kuzunoha game and SMT IV. 

RK1's a ps2 game and feels very... clunky, but I'm actually really digging it so far. It's set in 1930s Japan, the music's really unique, and the gameplay is just really interesting. For one, it's not turn based, and your captured demons don't just fight alongside you in combat, you utilize them while doing detective work around town too. 

And for a game in a spinoff series called Devil Summoner, RK's surprisingly quirky . Some of the demons are just downright adorable too. You capture enemies to have them aid you in battles and the objects you house them in are these almost syringe-like tubes, and when I caught a Mokoi, the little guy exclaimed: "I've been on 6 or 7 diets lately, I should have no problem fitting in there!" tumblr_m42qz8zkyF1r58lid.jpg  

Also Raidou's got some impressively lethal sideburns

Meanwhile SMT IV was really freaking hard and I died an embarrassing number of times. (I somehow ended up really over leveled towards the end though. Apparently most people beat the game between lvl 75-lvl 80, but I beat the game at lvl 91 whoops) 
There's multiple endings that are based on the morality alignments, and your actions over the course of the game determine whether you get the lawful, chaotic, or neutral ending (with neutral being the hardest ending to achieve). The three main characters are Jonathan (law), Walter (chaos), and Isabeau (neutral), and while they do have some character traits, they're less so meant to be characters of their own, and more so just supposed to be the human manifestations of their morality alignments so they're kind of boring 
Despite siding with Walter, I still got the law ending, and to put it bluntly, I did not like the law ending. Neither extreme is particularly great, but I find the mentality that comes with the law ending to be the worse of the two/three since it's kind of hypocritical and very literally holier-than-thou, whereas, as far as I know (I haven't played the chaos route yet), the chaos mentality is just grossly over simplified. (Chaos allows for free will, but is very 'every man for himself/survival of the fittest', whereas Law is peaceful, but very controlled and 'kill those who disagree/don't live up to our standards'. And while I don't for sure know what the Neutral ending entails, it's the ending the sequel, SMT IV: Apocalypse, takes place after, so I'm assuming it's the least terrible of the three)

Some things I did like about SMT IV though is that the Tokyo reveal is very cool (even if a bit obvious), some of the relic descriptions are hilarious, the boss battle theme is ridiculously hype, demon negotiations are consistently interesting, and the game's got a good variety of demons (there's over 400 different ones). 

tl;dr got the law ending, hated it, but it was alright for the most part otherwise

man I really like games with a retro feel. They make me wanna sit back & chill. Most of the new games coming out are pretty complex so I prefer the good old ones over the new ones. Apart from detective conan one of my absolute favs is pokemon fire red which I love to play with firered cheats. These games take me down a trip to memory lane. They're so damn nostalgic!