Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

What Was the Last Video Game You Played?

I feel like X/Y are definitely going to be drowned out in the ORAS hype. It's awesome that you're still sticking with it! The plant-like figure of Florges really gives the impression that it's Grass/Fairy. Spiritomb's rock is easily forgettable (or at least for me) so I don't mind the Ghost/Dark typing. Speaking of which, a lot of Pokemon have unfitting typings. Darkrai should be a Ghost/Dark and Gyarados should be a Dragon/Water. Charizard also should have also gotten a Dragon typing, but that was fixed with the introduction of Megas. I'm also a huge fan of Floette's Eternal Flower form--especially the shiny (the coloration works really well). I'm not sure how these people get early copies of the game, because others have also gotten it. Probably for promotional purposes?

I always thought that the purpose of Megas was to boost them into higher tiers (or make them used more often). Mega Audino is something that I would probably never use, and Mega Altaria's main purpose is to win contests. They better end up creating a Mega Flygon and Milotic or there's going to be a lot of crazed fans. Geezus, the looks on their faces after realizing that Mega Flygon wasn't happening for ORAS. There are "leaked" images of Mega Flygon everywhere now. I've always wanted to do a solo run, but I'd also feel vulnerable since I'd only have one Pokemon in my party, haha.

Also, did you see what IGN rated ORAS?

b45.png

I've finished EV training (via Super Training) my Flabebe and it's a Floette now.  I finished it in two days, but if i tried I would have finished it in one.  Super Training is actually a ton of fun once you start self teaching yourself how the mechanics works, because the game doesn't really tell you much apart from you need to hit the goals.  It become really fast paced and explosive as you gain EVs and the balloons get harder to take down.  It got pretty intense for me a couple of times, enough to make my hands cramp from gripping the 3DS and stylus too hard.  It seriously starts to feel like a crazy version of those alien invasion games where you pilot a ship to take down the final boss.  Oh, and once you get used to it, the controls aren't that bad.  Darkrai is one of my favorite Pokemon, but making it Dark/Ghost would probably make it a bit too OP, at least before Fairy types.  Also, Darkrai is a nightmare Pokemon, so I suppose Dark for sleep would work but not really Ghost, since it never directly involves death.  I adore Floette, even its normal form, but it's Eternal form is awesome too.  I don't want to evolve it into Florges at all, so I'll hold off on it for as long as I can.  Once it starts to be outclassed by my other Pokemon, I may need to evolve it then.

I don't really know what the planned "purpose" of Megas was.  Perhaps to keep things fresh and add a whole new aspect to the metagame?  Fairy-type was added and some type match-ups were changed for balance issues of course, though honestly it's like Fairy-type is the new "God" type, not Dragon anymore.  Megas were made for some Uber Pokemon as well, so I don't think it was to just make weaker Pokemon stronger.

And yes, that joke has spread so far it's becoming a meme now.  I love, haha. 

I played Super Smash Bros. for Wii U today!!

It's such a great game, I can't even find words for it.  So much effort went into this game and so many gripes from previous games were addressed and fixed.  The game looks gorgeous and flows beautifully.  I speed-unlocked all the characters and stages just a while ago which thankfully didn't take too long.  Lucina and Bowser Jr. are playing exactly as I expected them to, and I'm going to have a damn fun time maining them.  Seriously, when my relatives come over for Thanksgiving tomorrow, we're going to play Sm4sh until our eyes dry out in their sockets.

8-player smash here I come!

large.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFLdsPxZGns

Lucky, we still have to wait 'til ours comes in due to shipping problems online.

The only thing I don't like about Smash 4 is that there's no Adventure Mode. I miss that, but it makes since since the last smash game said "the end" after you complete adventure mode. And that the Stage builder only has soo many accessories to choose from. I like how you can draw your own shape for your stage though. That's very convenient.

However, hearing by the reviews, it seems like a pretty good game. I'm a bit disappointed on how Lucas was taken out of the game, he was one of my favorite characters, but I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Well, the last video game I played was Hyrule Warriors from last time, as I do not play video games very often besides mostly rhythm games like Project Diva, but I did watch my brother play Bayonetta yesterday, since he bought  Bayonetta 2, which came with the first Bayonetta. I need to play it sometime, the graphics look amazing, and the gameplay looks very fun. It seems like a rather challenging game though, since my brother keeps managing to get a stone ranking. :P

I've finished EV training (via Super Training) my Flabebe and it's a Floette now.  I finished it in two days, but if i tried I would have finished it in one.  Super Training is actually a ton of fun once you start self teaching yourself how the mechanics works, because the game doesn't really tell you much apart from you need to hit the goals.  It become really fast paced and explosive as you gain EVs and the balloons get harder to take down.  It got pretty intense for me a couple of times, enough to make my hands cramp from gripping the 3DS and stylus too hard.  It seriously starts to feel like a crazy version of those alien invasion games where you pilot a ship to take down the final boss.  Oh, and once you get used to it, the controls aren't that bad.  Darkrai is one of my favorite Pokemon, but making it Dark/Ghost would probably make it a bit too OP, at least before Fairy types.  Also, Darkrai is a nightmare Pokemon, so I suppose Dark for sleep would work but not really Ghost, since it never directly involves death.  I adore Floette, even its normal form, but it's Eternal form is awesome too.  I don't want to evolve it into Florges at all, so I'll hold off on it for as long as I can.  Once it starts to be outclassed by my other Pokemon, I may need to evolve it then.

I don't really know what the planned "purpose" of Megas was.  Perhaps to keep things fresh and add a whole new aspect to the metagame?  Fairy-type was added and some type match-ups were changed for balance issues of course, though honestly it's like Fairy-type is the new "God" type, not Dragon anymore.  Megas were made for some Uber Pokemon as well, so I don't think it was to just make weaker Pokemon stronger.

And yes, that joke has spread so far it's becoming a meme now.  I love, haha. 

Based on your description, Super Training kinda reminds me of Pokeathlon from HGSS. Is that weird? haha. Still sounds super fun though! I always loved playing those side-games that they incorporate into the series. I'm not entirely positive on how they decide the Pokemon's typings, because I seriously can't get myself to see Gyarados as a flying type. Oh my gosh, and their movesets. Why can Explouds and Audinos learn Surf? I also had the same problem with my Magikarp that you have with your Floette. I was debating on whether to evolve it or not until HGSS came out--and I'm really glad that I didn't, lol.

I think Megas were also created to bring back hype into the series. Pokemon has been repeating the same pattern for a long time, so the introduction of Megas was a nice change in pace. The new Fairy type threw me off guard though. I remember how much hate it got when it first came out even though it also shares a similar concept with Ghost and Dragon type. I'm still kinda glad they introduced it. I'll admit that Dragon type was too OP, but like you said before--Fairy type does seem like the new "God" type now.

IGN rated G/S 10/10 but gave ORAS 7.8/10

why

how

what

also...

the new bicycle music for ORAS is freaking gorgeous

I have no words that can describe how amazing it sounds

especially with headphones.

goodness, it almost brought me to tears

*Everything in spoiler tags because there are too many things I need to say* 

Lucky, we still have to wait 'til ours comes in due to shipping problems online.

The only thing I don't like about Smash 4 is that there's no Adventure Mode. I miss that, but it makes since since the last smash game said "the end" after you complete adventure mode. And that the Stage builder only has soo many accessories to choose from. I like how you can draw your own shape for your stage though. That's very convenient.

However, hearing by the reviews, it seems like a pretty good game. I'm a bit disappointed on how Lucas was taken out of the game, he was one of my favorite characters, but I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Accursed UPS!  And they said they loved logistics!  (Nah, UPS is still awesome.)  Too bad about those shipping issues though.  I was really lucky to have gotten in before Thanksgiving, because my family and I clocked in nearly 10 hours yesterday.

Subspace Emissary was a lot of fun, but a bit tedious after a while.  I can't even believe my brother and I cleared it on Intense at 100% completion.  I still remember finding the last trophy by accident after painstakingly running through that one map over and over and over again.  It was rewarding but I don't think I'd have time for it again.  The free form stage builder allows for a lot of creative input, but my biggest gripe isn't the lack of accessories so much as the lack of different texture swaps.  All the customizable stages, apart from their shapes, still look bland and like any other at a glance.  Considering how dynamic and unique all the real stages look, customizable stages still feel really synthetic to play on.  I don't know if I'm making any sense, but Brawl's stage builder was similar in that sense.

In my opinion, Smash 4 Wii U isn't a good game; it's an awesome game.  The best in the entire series, no doubt.  The biggest problems with Brawl were its slow speed and its unbalanced roster.  Sm4sh fixed both of those issue gracefully and future patches will continue to do so.  Also, 8-player smash was ingenious and it brings back that feeling of absolute chaos Melee had back when I first saw it when I was 5 years old.  Not to mention Smash Tour is actually a lot of fun.  It doesn't really make much sense at first and the game does a terrible job a explaining itself, but after I played through about 2 short rounds I started to get how things worked.  It's a feature best left to be learned through trial and error, not explanation.  I say you shouldn't ignore it and that you should play it (though you probably will if you want to unlock all the stages).

And I know that feeling of losing a character you really like; I went through the same thing when Roy didn't return in Brawl.  And I kind of liked Ice Climbers too, so it's sad to see them go.  But hopefully Smash 4's Ness can fill that void.  I've played every character at least once so far, and I have to say Ness is definitely one of the buffed ones.  His moves are sharper and they have more of an impact.  I'm happy that Lucina got in, as she's replaced Roy for me.  I'll be maining her as well as Bowser Jr.  I haven't played enough of the other characters yet to have them click with me, but from what I can tell everyone is really balanced.

Based on your description, Super Training kinda reminds me of Pokeathlon from HGSS. Is that weird? haha. Still sounds super fun though! I always loved playing those side-games that they incorporate into the series. I'm not entirely positive on how they decide the Pokemon's typings, because I seriously can't get myself to see Gyarados as a flying type. Oh my gosh, and their movesets. Why can Explouds and Audinos learn Surf? I also had the same problem with my Magikarp that you have with your Floette. I was debating on whether to evolve it or not until HGSS came out--and I'm really glad that I didn't, lol.

I think Megas were also created to bring back hype into the series. Pokemon has been repeating the same pattern for a long time, so the introduction of Megas was a nice change in pace. The new Fairy type threw me off guard though. I remember how much hate it got when it first came out even though it also shares a similar concept with Ghost and Dragon type. I'm still kinda glad they introduced it. I'll admit that Dragon type was too OP, but like you said before--Fairy type does seem like the new "God" type now.

IGN rated G/S 10/10 but gave ORAS 7.8/10

why

how

what

also...

the new bicycle music for ORAS is freaking gorgeous

I have no words that can describe how amazing it sounds

especially with headphones.

goodness, it almost brought me to tears

I've actually never played Pokeathlon.  I had to speed run through HG to say that I completed it, so I skipped a lot of the side games and stuff.  I may give it a go with my shiny Typhlosion if I find the time to.  I'm not too sure why Gyarados is Flying type either.  Maybe they couldn't really decide between a catfish or a flying fish, so they went with both?  I'd like to think they didn't want it to be too OP so now Electric types can easily counter it, but I doubt they were thinking that far in advance when the games were first made.  A lot of moves don't make any sense at all, but it's a funny little quirk and I like it.  It's good that you didn't evolve that Magikarp.  Even if it's only a trophy Pokemon now, it's still special.

Megas are definitely very interesting.  Unfortunately, I may not even end up using them only because I'm always too OCD about my money intake.  Even if I have absolutely no shortage of money, I have that habit of putting an Amulet Coin on the first Pokemon in my party.  If I verse a trainer and forget to use the Amulet Coin, it bothers me to no end and I reset my game to do it again.  Gosh, I'm so weird.  And I'm really grateful for Fairy-types, because without it Floette wouldn't have existed (as of now my favorite 6th gen Pokemon), though I am a bit disappointed that they didn't put one in as a fighter in Smash 4.  I guess they didn't have one in Melee for Steel or Dark type, but ironically those types ending up being represented by Lucario and Greninja.  I don't really count Jigglypuff since it wasn't changed in the slightest to accommodate its new type.  All of its moves are identical to its Smash64 rendition, and its Final Smash is the same as Brawl's Jigglypuff, so it's in all honestly still pure Normal type.

I don't like IGN at all, as it's far too biased and its reviews are a joke.  It's great as a source of jokes though.

You reminded me, I should start listening to ORAS remixes.  I really had a thing for the Oceanic Museum soundtrack back when I played Sapphire, so its remix was actually the only one I really listened to so far.  But now that you mention the bike theme, it's stuck in my head.  I need to go and find that ORAS track.

World of Tanks on my brother's iPad, and that was forever ago.

I'm guessing you don't play video games much :P

Finally played Assassin's Creed Unity. *thumbs up*

I've actually never played Pokeathlon.  I had to speed run through HG to say that I completed it, so I skipped a lot of the side games and stuff.  I may give it a go with my shiny Typhlosion if I find the time to.  I'm not too sure why Gyarados is Flying type either.  Maybe they couldn't really decide between a catfish or a flying fish, so they went with both?  I'd like to think they didn't want it to be too OP so now Electric types can easily counter it, but I doubt they were thinking that far in advance when the games were first made.  A lot of moves don't make any sense at all, but it's a funny little quirk and I like it.  It's good that you didn't evolve that Magikarp.  Even if it's only a trophy Pokemon now, it's still special.

Megas are definitely very interesting.  Unfortunately, I may not even end up using them only because I'm always too OCD about my money intake.  Even if I have absolutely no shortage of money, I have that habit of putting an Amulet Coin on the first Pokemon in my party.  If I verse a trainer and forget to use the Amulet Coin, it bothers me to no end and I reset my game to do it again.  Gosh, I'm so weird.  And I'm really grateful for Fairy-types, because without it Floette wouldn't have existed (as of now my favorite 6th gen Pokemon), though I am a bit disappointed that they didn't put one in as a fighter in Smash 4.  I guess they didn't have one in Melee for Steel or Dark type, but ironically those types ending up being represented by Lucario and Greninja.  I don't really count Jigglypuff since it wasn't changed in the slightest to accommodate its new type.  All of its moves are identical to its Smash64 rendition, and its Final Smash is the same as Brawl's Jigglypuff, so it's in all honestly still pure Normal type.

I don't like IGN at all, as it's far too biased and its reviews are a joke.  It's great as a source of jokes though.

You reminded me, I should start listening to ORAS remixes.  I really had a thing for the Oceanic Museum soundtrack back when I played Sapphire, so its remix was actually the only one I really listened to so far.  But now that you mention the bike theme, it's stuck in my head.  I need to go and find that ORAS track.

Who comes up with these typings and movesets anyway? haha

Some of them really irk me, like how Samurott can't learn Earthquake, or how Flareon didn't get Flare Blitz until gen 6.

I'm curious as to how they managed to come up with the idea of Megas. Was it purely for fan-service or was it used to help thicken up plot? 

I never really cared much about money. I'd always find myself with 999999 Pokedollars by the end of the game anyway, haha. Is there a reason why you care about the money so much? There isn't much to buy in the game other than Potions and Pokeballs. Or maybe is it for the character customization in X/Y? I can't imagine a Fairy fighting in Smash. It just seems so out of place, lol. Not sure why they included Jigglypuff (or even why they created it in the first place) all these years, but I always thought that was a fun addition. Regardless, Smash still has a full enough roster to satisfy most of the fans, although I'm still a little disappointed that they left out a few characters.

7.8/10 is a bit much though.

ORAS looks freaking fantastic from what I've seen so far.

Too much water?

at least come up with better review than that, c'mon IGN.

The ORAS soundtrack is AMAZINGGG

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The lack of obnoxious trumpets was disappointing (best part of R/S/E), but gosh, the bicycle music and Magma/Aqua admin fight music are phenomenal. Such a step up from the original. They're so good D:

Wally's theme is a little unfitting in my opinion. I really didn't expect that from Masuda, haha.

Who comes up with these typings and movesets anyway? haha

Some of them really irk me, like how Samurott can't learn Earthquake, or how Flareon didn't get Flare Blitz until gen 6.

I'm curious as to how they managed to come up with the idea of Megas. Was it purely for fan-service or was it used to help thicken up plot? 

I never really cared much about money. I'd always find myself with 999999 Pokedollars by the end of the game anyway, haha. Is there a reason why you care about the money so much? There isn't much to buy in the game other than Potions and Pokeballs. Or maybe is it for the character customization in X/Y? I can't imagine a Fairy fighting in Smash. It just seems so out of place, lol. Not sure why they included Jigglypuff (or even why they created it in the first place) all these years, but I always thought that was a fun addition. Regardless, Smash still has a full enough roster to satisfy most of the fans, although I'm still a little disappointed that they left out a few characters.

7.8/10 is a bit much though.

ORAS looks freaking fantastic from what I've seen so far.

Too much water?

at least come up with better review than that, c'mon IGN.

The ORAS soundtrack is AMAZINGGG

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The lack of obnoxious trumpets was disappointing (best part of R/S/E), but gosh, the bicycle music and Magma/Aqua admin fight music are phenomenal. Such a step up from the original. They're so good D:

Wally's theme is a little unfitting in my opinion. I really didn't expect that from Masuda, haha.

Samurott was my favorite Unova starter, and Earthquake really would have made for some great coverage.

I'm not actually that sure why I'm so attracted to money either.  I never have a shortage of it and there's nothing really to buy.  I do have to say though that Amulet Coin usage is a must if you want to get every article of clothing in X and Y no matter how ugly it is, because they can cost quite a bit and it's a lot easier when you have an excess of money.  But even if I'm not playing my Y version, I still always use my Amulet Coin.  The thing is, the only thing I buy are standard Pokeballs.  I guess I occasionally buy Full Heals, in case my teams gets hit with some pesky status problems and I'm too lazy to turn around and go back.  But that's pretty much it.  I don't really take much joy from reaching the monetary cap either; I'm just bothered if I don't get twice the amount I should, like I'm being cheated out of something I rightfully deserve.  The only exception to this was when I sped ran White 2 on Challenge Mode, which was actually really difficult because I refused to let a single one of my Pokemon faint (I would soft reset any time one of my Pokemon fainted, another old habit that's going to die hard).  During my White 2 run, it was impossible to get very far unless I legitimately exploited hold items to my advantage.  Anyway, I don't think I really gave a clear answer to your question, because I don't really know it myself.

I think Jigglypuff was the "joke" character of Smash 64.  Joke characters are the ones that aren't really relevant in any current video games when a new installment of Smash comes out and are never predicted and are usually met with initial criticism from the fanbase because the new fighter feels so left field and "troll", for lack of a better word.  Melee had Mr. Game and Watch, Brawl had R.O.B., and Sm4sh had Duck Hunt.  Though Jigglypuff doesn't quite jive as a joke character as much as the rest do, it's the closest thing that fits the bill.  Joke characters have also never been cut, which is rather interesting to note.  I'm really loving Smash 4 Wii U.  I'm not sure what age you are or grade you're in or when you'll find time for it, but find a way to play Smash 4.  Even if you go to a friend's house for short period of time, it's worth it!

And I guess 7.8 is even low for IGN standards.  Going by what they usually rate games, 7.8 is pretty bad considering they seem to give out 8's rather freely.  I've always felt IGN was a cancerous site, so I try to steer clear from them.

Yes, as you say, the ORAS soundtrack is pretty amazing.  Finally started listening to it, now that I've run through the entire Sm4sh OST a couple of times.  Oh, I really can't wait to get my hands on it, but I probably won't get it until Christmas.  Well, as long as it's in time for the shiny Beldum I don't really care.  I might actually put that little guy in my run through party, since that there's still Super Training.  Tad bit upset it's in a Cherish Ball, but I can live with it.  

I really hope you can get a 3DS soon.  I know a while back you mentioned you don't want your grades to plummet, but it would be a crying shame to miss out on all the handheld has to offer.  I'm not sure how picky you are with your grades, but I've been playing too many video games for my own good since 4th grade and maintained straight A's and when I started watching too much anime for my own good I still managed to to keep my grades in the A/B range.  Of course, my grades would be tons better without games or anime, but I'm not one to have grades dictate my life.  Realistically and practically school grades are important, but I'd rather not spend my entire youth freaking out over things like that.  If I recall, I read somewhere that because of time perception and ratios, people have already "perceived" half of their entire lives by age 20.  Sort of like how living your life from 0-20 will feel the same length as living your life from 21-80.  Don't quote me on this, but that's what I think I heard somewhere.  It's kind of a scary thought, but that being said I don't want to make such a big deal about something as trivial as grades when there are better things to be done.  If settling for less in terms of grades and eventually a job and an income would mean more happiness for the first "perceived" half of my life, I'd gladly accept a few B's on my report card.

(Sorry, I digressed a bit there...)

Samurott was my favorite Unova starter, and Earthquake really would have made for some great coverage.

I'm not actually that sure why I'm so attracted to money either.  I never have a shortage of it and there's nothing really to buy.  I do have to say though that Amulet Coin usage is a must if you want to get every article of clothing in X and Y no matter how ugly it is, because they can cost quite a bit and it's a lot easier when you have an excess of money.  But even if I'm not playing my Y version, I still always use my Amulet Coin.  The thing is, the only thing I buy are standard Pokeballs.  I guess I occasionally buy Full Heals, in case my teams gets hit with some pesky status problems and I'm too lazy to turn around and go back.  But that's pretty much it.  I don't really take much joy from reaching the monetary cap either; I'm just bothered if I don't get twice the amount I should, like I'm being cheated out of something I rightfully deserve.  The only exception to this was when I sped ran White 2 on Challenge Mode, which was actually really difficult because I refused to let a single one of my Pokemon faint (I would soft reset any time one of my Pokemon fainted, another old habit that's going to die hard).  During my White 2 run, it was impossible to get very far unless I legitimately exploited hold items to my advantage.  Anyway, I don't think I really gave a clear answer to your question, because I don't really know it myself.

I think Jigglypuff was the "joke" character of Smash 64.  Joke characters are the ones that aren't really relevant in any current video games when a new installment of Smash comes out and are never predicted and are usually met with initial criticism from the fanbase because the new fighter feels so left field and "troll", for lack of a better word.  Melee had Mr. Game and Watch, Brawl had R.O.B., and Sm4sh had Duck Hunt.  Though Jigglypuff doesn't quite jive as a joke character as much as the rest do, it's the closest thing that fits the bill.  Joke characters have also never been cut, which is rather interesting to note.  I'm really loving Smash 4 Wii U.  I'm not sure what age you are or grade you're in or when you'll find time for it, but find a way to play Smash 4.  Even if you go to a friend's house for short period of time, it's worth it!

And I guess 7.8 is even low for IGN standards.  Going by what they usually rate games, 7.8 is pretty bad considering they seem to give out 8's rather freely.  I've always felt IGN was a cancerous site, so I try to steer clear from them.

Yes, as you say, the ORAS soundtrack is pretty amazing.  Finally started listening to it, now that I've run through the entire Sm4sh OST a couple of times.  Oh, I really can't wait to get my hands on it, but I probably won't get it until Christmas.  Well, as long as it's in time for the shiny Beldum I don't really care.  I might actually put that little guy in my run through party, since that there's still Super Training.  Tad bit upset it's in a Cherish Ball, but I can live with it.  

I really hope you can get a 3DS soon.  I know a while back you mentioned you don't want your grades to plummet, but it would be a crying shame to miss out on all the handheld has to offer.  I'm not sure how picky you are with your grades, but I've been playing too many video games for my own good since 4th grade and maintained straight A's and when I started watching too much anime for my own good I still managed to to keep my grades in the A/B range.  Of course, my grades would be tons better without games or anime, but I'm not one to have grades dictate my life.  Realistically and practically school grades are important, but I'd rather not spend my entire youth freaking out over things like that.  If I recall, I read somewhere that because of time perception and ratios, people have already "perceived" half of their entire lives by age 20.  Sort of like how living your life from 0-20 will feel the same length as living your life from 21-80.  Don't quote me on this, but that's what I think I heard somewhere.  It's kind of a scary thought, but that being said I don't want to make such a big deal about something as trivial as grades when there are better things to be done.  If settling for less in terms of grades and eventually a job and an income would mean more happiness for the first "perceived" half of my life, I'd gladly accept a few B's on my report card.

(Sorry, I digressed a bit there...)

I don't really mind the troll or "joke" characters. Duck Hunt's final smash is fantastic so its character doesn't really bother me. Barely any of my friends share the same interests as me so it's difficult for me to mooch off of someone else's game or even converse with any of them. I'm perfectly happy watching streams and YouTube videos of other people playing smash anyway, eheheh...

I've never actually followed IGN. I only took interest after I found out what they rated ORAS. I'm not going to rely on their ratings, but it's entertaining seeing what they rate certain games compared to other raters (or how completely off mark they are).

I spoiled the entire ORAS game for myself already. I suppose it doesn't really matter since I wasn't planning to buy the game anyway (I really wish I could though D:). Like I said before, the soundtrack is top-notch. I can't stop raving about it--it's so good. The Elite 4 music was a tad bit disappointing though. It was somewhat lacking compared to the others. However, my current favorite OST from ORAS has to be Zinnia's theme. I posted about this in another topic: "I love how Zinnia's theme has this Touhou vibe in it. The blend of strings and percussion in the soundtrack is absolutely brilliant. The key changes and transitions were flawless. Masuda, you have outdone yourself once again and you still continue to amaze me." I've also listened to a few OSTs from smash and some of the remixes hit me hard. Oh my gosh Yoshi's Island. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

It's not so much my grades I'm concerned about, it's more how reluctant my parents would be about buying me a 3DS. Back when I was in middle school, this wasn't a problem. I ended up getting a DS for Christmas, a few games, and I played them to my heart's content (usually out of their sight). After high school began, my parents have been hammering me about my APs, my grades, SATs/ACTs, and the infamous question of "what I am going to be when I grow up." As a junior in high school, I'm fully aware that the the entire prospect of my academics is extremely important. But to be honest, I'm perfectly happy with my grades. I'm usually able to nab mostly A's with the occasional B littered here and there. Unfortunately, my parents have a completely different mindset. My parents are first generation immigrants that can't grasp the concept of a normal teenage life. This has gotten to the point where bombing one test or quiz will cause my laptop to become confiscated because they think I can't "handle" it. Seriously. If they found out what I do on the internet (replying on forums, watching anime, playing on emulators, etc.), they'd go completely insane. Heck, they almost managed to force me to quit clubs, orchestra, and the tennis team for the sake of my academics. I honestly can't reason with them anymore. To this day, I still don't know I was able to persuade them to buy me a DS while I was in middle school (probably because I wasn't as busy back then, but it still comes as a surprise to me). However, once I get into college (out of my parents' supervision), I plan to buy a 3DS or a WiiU to make up for all of the lost time from high school. I have a bit of money in my Paypal from YouTube that can help me overcome monetary problems for the system(s) so I don't think money will be much of an issue for me. I've also realized the monotony of life after high school/college, but it never actually struck me how close I am to the cutoff age, so I want to make sure I enjoy as much as I can of high school. I appreciate your concern though. It has really helped me gain a new perspective--however corny that may sound.

I don't really mind the troll or "joke" characters. Duck Hunt's final smash is fantastic so its character doesn't really bother me. Barely any of my friends share the same interests as me so it's difficult for me to mooch off of someone else's game or even converse with any of them. I'm perfectly happy watching streams and YouTube videos of other people playing smash anyway, eheheh...

I've never actually followed IGN. I only took interest after I found out what they rated ORAS. I'm not going to rely on their ratings, but it's entertaining seeing what they rate certain games compared to other raters (or how completely off mark they are).

I spoiled the entire ORAS game for myself already. I suppose it doesn't really matter since I wasn't planning to buy the game anyway (I really wish I could though D:). Like I said before, the soundtrack is top-notch. I can't stop raving about it--it's so good. The Elite 4 music was a tad bit disappointing though. It was somewhat lacking compared to the others. However, my current favorite OST from ORAS has to be Zinnia's theme. I posted about this in another topic: "I love how Zinnia's theme has this Touhou vibe in it. The blend of strings and percussion in the soundtrack is absolutely brilliant. The key changes and transitions were flawless. Masuda, you have outdone yourself once again and you still continue to amaze me." I've also listened to a few OSTs from smash and some of the remixes hit me hard. Oh my gosh Yoshi's Island. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

It's not so much my grades I'm concerned about, it's more how reluctant my parents would be about buying me a 3DS. Back when I was in middle school, this wasn't a problem. I ended up getting a DS for Christmas, a few games, and I played them to my heart's content (usually out of their sight). After high school began, my parents have been hammering me about my APs, my grades, SATs/ACTs, and the infamous question of "what I am going to be when I grow up." As a junior in high school, I'm fully aware that the the entire prospect of my academics is extremely important. But to be honest, I'm perfectly happy with my grades. I'm usually able to nab mostly A's with the occasional B littered here and there. Unfortunately, my parents have a completely different mindset. My parents are first generation immigrants that can't grasp the concept of a normal teenage life. This has gotten to the point where bombing one test or quiz will cause my laptop to become confiscated because they think I can't "handle" it. Seriously. If they found out what I do on the internet (replying on forums, watching anime, playing on emulators, etc.), they'd go completely insane. Heck, they almost managed to force me to quit clubs, orchestra, and the tennis team for the sake of my academics. I honestly can't reason with them anymore. To this day, I still don't know I was able to persuade them to buy me a DS while I was in middle school (probably because I wasn't as busy back then, but it still comes as a surprise to me). However, once I get into college (out of my parents' supervision), I plan to buy a 3DS or a WiiU to make up for all of the lost time from high school. I have a bit of money in my Paypal from YouTube that can help me overcome monetary problems for the system(s) so I don't think money will be much of an issue for me. I've also realized the monotony of life after high school/college, but it never actually struck me how close I am to the cutoff age, so I want to make sure I enjoy as much as I can of high school. I appreciate your concern though. It has really helped me gain a new perspective--however corny that may sound.

I've been avoiding pretty much all spoilers from ORAS.  I used to check in on Serebii every day to see what new things are discovered when a game comes out, but for a game like this I want to surprise myself.  So I'm not at all aware of any mechanical differences there might be from the original.  I thought it would be harder avoiding spoilers, but it's actually not as difficult as I expected because I don't have that much time on the Internet and when I do go online there are a lot of other things I check, usually video game and anime related.  Things like Sm4sh and Mario Kart 8 have been keeping me occupied, and a ton of future releases (namely Zelda Wii U, Majora's Mask 3D, Splatoon, and Xenoblade Chronicles X) are getting me hyped, so pushing off ORAS until later isn't all that bad.  Though the winter anime season coming up doesn't look too strong, so there's actually not much to look forward to there.  Or maybe this fall season was just so solid, I can't really tell.  Of course, I can't forget my shiny Floette, which I actually had to put off for a while to catch up a bit on an anime I wanted to finish.  I'll probably start playing Y again next week.

Geez, your parents are tons more strict than mine.  I was kind of like you: my parents were fine with letting me have a DS back in elementary and middle school, though I was only ever able to play it when they weren't watching.  It's almost kind of crazy how many times they caught me playing and how may times they tried hiding the consoles and how many times I've found them again.  They're a lot more reluctant to letting me buy games, though I somehow managed to convince them to get me a 3DS and a Wii U.  They never let me play though (only on holidays... sometimes...) which is why I only play Y when they're not home.  My parents used to freak out every time I got B's.  But now that I get as many B's as A's, I think they've given up trying to turn me into a studying machine because they know I'm a hopeless case.  My sister was really successful academically and they're pinning their hopes on my younger brother.  Ah, thinking back on it, I probably failed them to an extent.  My parents would never do anything extreme like have me stop participating in extra curriculars though, since they do realize the importance in them.  My parents are also first generation immigrants (I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I'm Chinese.  Born and raised here in America though.) so I can relate in a way to how your parents feel.  Don't worry about it though, once you're off to college I'm sure you'll find a ton more time to do what you want with your free time and judge how much effort you put into certain aspects of life.  And I'm glad you got something from my little deviation.

To say something a bit more on topic, just played a bit of Mario Kart DS since I'm not really allowed to play MK8 right now and am using MKDS as practice.  I'm a bit of a scrub at Mario Kart, because I can't snake for my life and I almost never use that small drifting boost thing.  I'm working on getting gold trophies in the mirror 150cc Grand Prixes, but Rainbow Road is giving me one hell of a time.  Already unlocked all the characters, and once I can conquer Special Cup I'll move on to the missions.  It was a pretty fun little game and worth the bit of effort I've put into it thus far.  Don't know why I haven't given Mario Kart a chance until as old as I am now, though I guess most of my friends have been more Smash players.

I've been avoiding pretty much all spoilers from ORAS.  I used to check in on Serebii every day to see what new things are discovered when a game comes out, but for a game like this I want to surprise myself.  So I'm not at all aware of any mechanical differences there might be from the original.  I thought it would be harder avoiding spoilers, but it's actually not as difficult as I expected because I don't have that much time on the Internet and when I do go online there are a lot of other things I check, usually video game and anime related.  Things like Sm4sh and Mario Kart 8 have been keeping me occupied, and a ton of future releases (namely Zelda Wii U, Majora's Mask 3D, Splatoon, and Xenoblade Chronicles X) are getting me hyped, so pushing off ORAS until later isn't all that bad.  Though the winter anime season coming up doesn't look too strong, so there's actually not much to look forward to there.  Or maybe this fall season was just so solid, I can't really tell.  Of course, I can't forget my shiny Floette, which I actually had to put off for a while to catch up a bit on an anime I wanted to finish.  I'll probably start playing Y again next week.

Geez, your parents are tons more strict than mine.  I was kind of like you: my parents were fine with letting me have a DS back in elementary and middle school, though I was only ever able to play it when they weren't watching.  It's almost kind of crazy how many times they caught me playing and how may times they tried hiding the consoles and how many times I've found them again.  They're a lot more reluctant to letting me buy games, though I somehow managed to convince them to get me a 3DS and a Wii U.  They never let me play though (only on holidays... sometimes...) which is why I only play Y when they're not home.  My parents used to freak out every time I got B's.  But now that I get as many B's as A's, I think they've given up trying to turn me into a studying machine because they know I'm a hopeless case.  My sister was really successful academically and they're pinning their hopes on my younger brother.  Ah, thinking back on it, I probably failed them to an extent.  My parents would never do anything extreme like have me stop participating in extra curriculars though, since they do realize the importance in them.  My parents are also first generation immigrants (I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I'm Chinese.  Born and raised here in America though.) so I can relate in a way to how your parents feel.  Don't worry about it though, once you're off to college I'm sure you'll find a ton more time to do what you want with your free time and judge how much effort you put into certain aspects of life.  And I'm glad you got something from my little deviation.

To say something a bit more on topic, just played a bit of Mario Kart DS since I'm not really allowed to play MK8 right now and am using MKDS as practice.  I'm a bit of a scrub at Mario Kart, because I can't snake for my life and I almost never use that small drifting boost thing.  I'm working on getting gold trophies in the mirror 150cc Grand Prixes, but Rainbow Road is giving me one hell of a time.  Already unlocked all the characters, and once I can conquer Special Cup I'll move on to the missions.  It was a pretty fun little game and worth the bit of effort I've put into it thus far.  Don't know why I haven't given Mario Kart a chance until as old as I am now, though I guess most of my friends have been more Smash players.

I've kinda given up on following so many games. It's basically torture watching people play these amazing games while I'm sitting behind my computer screen wishing I could play them myself. I still keep up with serebii because it's a habit of mine, and because I want to continue getting updates for ORAS--despite how much internal crying it'll cause for me. 

My parents also took away my DS sometimes (even though I usually played when they weren't looking)--except most of the time I never found it. This didn't happen very frequently, but it went up to the point where my dad threatened to smash it if he ever caught me again. I haven't bought a game since freshman year (White 2), so most of the games I play are usually going to be on my PC. My parents used to be somewhat carefree toward my grades since they were focusing on my older sister's while I was still in elementary and middle school. After my sister went off to college, my parents began fixating their attentions toward my grades--except that it was a lot harsher for whatever reason. We're complete polar opposites in our ideals when it comes to academics since the only thing that matters to them are my grades. They fail to understand that activities outside of school also help contribute to a good college resume. Unlike my parents, I don't want to become an insipid person who lacks social graces and common knowledge outside of academics. However, I can't blame them--they've been living under those conditions for practically their entire lives. Although it's frustrating how I can't communicate with them, it's nice how they care enough about my future. I just wish they could understand that people are not purely based on academics. Honestly, you seem like a well-rounded person. I'm really glad I was able to talk to someone because this has been tugging at the back of my mind for a while now. Sorry for turning this thread into an online counseling session, haha.

The last video games I've played (other than Pokemon) were Cave Story and Super Meat Boy (all on the PC). I highly recommend them if you ever find the time.

I've kinda given up on following so many games. It's basically torture watching people play these amazing games while I'm sitting behind my computer screen wishing I could play them myself. I still keep up with serebii because it's a habit of mine, and because I want to continue getting updates for ORAS--despite how much internal crying it'll cause for me. 

My parents also took away my DS sometimes (even though I usually played when they weren't looking)--except most of the time I never found it. This didn't happen very frequently, but it went up to the point where my dad threatened to smash it if he ever caught me again. I haven't bought a game since freshman year (White 2), so most of the games I play are usually going to be on my PC. My parents used to be somewhat carefree toward my grades since they were focusing on my older sister's while I was still in elementary and middle school. After my sister went off to college, my parents began fixating their attentions toward my grades--except that it was a lot harsher for whatever reason. We're complete polar opposites in our ideals when it comes to academics since the only thing that matters to them are my grades. They fail to understand that activities outside of school also help contribute to a good college resume. Unlike my parents, I don't want to become an insipid person who lacks social graces and common knowledge outside of academics. However, I can't blame them--they've been living under those conditions for practically their entire lives. Although it's frustrating how I can't communicate with them, it's nice how they care enough about my future. I just wish they could understand that people are not purely based on academics. Honestly, you seem like a well-rounded person. I'm really glad I was able to talk to someone because this has been tugging at the back of my mind for a while now. Sorry for turning this thread into an online counseling session, haha.

The last video games I've played (other than Pokemon) were Cave Story and Super Meat Boy (all on the PC). I highly recommend them if you ever find the time.

Things do seem tough on your end of things, and I don't think I'd have been able to manage that situation well.  And I'm flattered you consider me well-rounded, but sometimes it's not always a good thing.  Jack of all trades, master of none, right?  I don't think I'm particularly skilled in any one particular aspect of life, but I get by.  And if you ever feel the need to vent out some steam, you can always PM me or something.  I'll be willing to listen, though I'm not sure how helpful I would be.  Just getting your thoughts down will probably be enough to de-stress.  I know sometimes I write ranting paragraphs on sheets of paper and then rip them up and throw them out whenever things aren't going my way, just so I can get it out of my head.  Maybe you could try the same thing; I find that it helps.

I probably won't find much time for them, but I'll keep Cave Story and Super Meat Boy in mind when college apps are over.  I recognize both of them, to an extent.  I think I might have seen the characters used as forum avatars somewhere else, haha.  

Things do seem tough on your end of things, and I don't think I'd have been able to manage that situation well.  And I'm flattered you consider me well-rounded, but sometimes it's not always a good thing.  Jack of all trades, master of none, right?  I don't think I'm particularly skilled in any one particular aspect of life, but I get by.  And if you ever feel the need to vent out some steam, you can always PM me or something.  I'll be willing to listen, though I'm not sure how helpful I would be.  Just getting your thoughts down will probably be enough to de-stress.  I know sometimes I write ranting paragraphs on sheets of paper and then rip them up and throw them out whenever things aren't going my way, just so I can get it out of my head.  Maybe you could try the same thing; I find that it helps.

I probably won't find much time for them, but I'll keep Cave Story and Super Meat Boy in mind when college apps are over.  I recognize both of them, to an extent.  I think I might have seen the characters used as forum avatars somewhere else, haha.  

You just seem like the kinda person who knows his way around life. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing with mine because whatever I'm currently doing is not working out for me. I'm glad that I had someone listening and I genuinely appreciate your concern. I sometimes like to vent out on a Word document and save it so I can look back on it in the future. I haven't done it in a while, so I'll probably get back to that soon to save you the trouble of listening to my rants, haha.

I don't know why Cave Story and Super Meat Boy aren't as popular as some of the other games. Cave Story is one of the best indie games out there even though it's fairly short. It's one of those games where your decisions can actually change the plot. Super Meat Boy is also a fantastic platform game. It's much better than Super Mario Bros in my opinion.  

You just seem like the kinda person who knows his way around life. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing with mine because whatever I'm currently doing is not working out for me. I'm glad that I had someone listening and I genuinely appreciate your concern. I sometimes like to vent out on a Word document and save it so I can look back on it in the future. I haven't done it in a while, so I'll probably get back to that soon to save you the trouble of listening to my rants, haha.

I don't know why Cave Story and Super Meat Boy aren't as popular as some of the other games. Cave Story is one of the best indie games out there even though it's fairly short. It's one of those games where your decisions can actually change the plot. Super Meat Boy is also a fantastic platform game. It's much better than Super Mario Bros in my opinion.  

I actually don't have as much under control as you think.  I'm just a normal senior trying to get situated in the real world.  Trust me, in a year you'll be in the same position I'm in.  I was a clueless mess as a junior.  Everything is relative though, since I used to think friends a year or two older than me always had things in the bag.  I never save any of my rants, because I know from prior experience that I'll just cringe and feel embarrassed if I ever got around to re-reading what I wrote.  I'd rather leave my immature self behind, haha, but different strokes for different folks.

Quoting Wikipedia on Cave Story: "Cave Story has been ported to the Linux, AROS, MorphOS, AmigaOS 4 and Mac OS X operating systems, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Dreamcast, GP2X, GP2X Wiz, and TI graphing calculator." <-- This last one got me, haha.  I'll definitely get around to them, since they seem to be simple enough, after I'm done with college apps.  I've never liked the way Super Mario Bros felt in my hands even though I really liked similar games like Donkey Kong Country, and if you say Super Meat Boy is better than Mario, I'll look forward to it.  

On another train of thought, I've pretty much mastered Mario Kart DS to the best of my abilities, though I don't think it was a very difficult installment in the MK series.  I'm not playing it anymore, but now I'm really hyped to play Mario Kart 8 when I find time over the break.  I also got my hands on Alpha Sapphire!  Oh, it was a great feeling, though the only thing I did was start the game, save in the truck, download the Shiny Beldum, and transfer over the demo Glalie.  It's now collecting dust, and I need to finish Y first.  But Y has been collecting dust since I've begun to crack down on the last of my college essays, so I guess I actually haven't been playing video games recently.  Ah, winter break will be just the godsend I need.   

I actually don't have as much under control as you think.  I'm just a normal senior trying to get situated in the real world.  Trust me, in a year you'll be in the same position I'm in.  I was a clueless mess as a junior.  Everything is relative though, since I used to think friends a year or two older than me always had things in the bag.  I never save any of my rants, because I know from prior experience that I'll just cringe and feel embarrassed if I ever got around to re-reading what I wrote.  I'd rather leave my immature self behind, haha, but different strokes for different folks.

Quoting Wikipedia on Cave Story: "Cave Story has been ported to the Linux, AROS, MorphOS, AmigaOS 4 and Mac OS X operating systems, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Dreamcast, GP2X, GP2X Wiz, and TI graphing calculator." <-- This last one got me, haha.  I'll definitely get around to them, since they seem to be simple enough, after I'm done with college apps.  I've never liked the way Super Mario Bros felt in my hands even though I really liked similar games like Donkey Kong Country, and if you say Super Meat Boy is better than Mario, I'll look forward to it.  

On another train of thought, I've pretty much mastered Mario Kart DS to the best of my abilities, though I don't think it was a very difficult installment in the MK series.  I'm not playing it anymore, but now I'm really hyped to play Mario Kart 8 when I find time over the break.  I also got my hands on Alpha Sapphire!  Oh, it was a great feeling, though the only thing I did was start the game, save in the truck, download the Shiny Beldum, and transfer over the demo Glalie.  It's now collecting dust, and I need to finish Y first.  But Y has been collecting dust since I've begun to crack down on the last of my college essays, so I guess I actually haven't been playing video games recently.  Ah, winter break will be just the godsend I need.   

Clueless mess is right; I have no idea what I'm doing right now. I've asked some of my older friends what college is like and by all means I am looking forward to it. Gosh, it seems like everyone knows what their doing--and if they don't, they're doing a darn good job of hiding it. I like keeping some of my rants because it allows me to reflect back on how much I've grown (I know, it's corny, haha). I enjoy comparing the mindset I had in the past with the one I have today. It's fun seeing how differently I would have acted, and trying to figure out why I acted or felt that way in the past--because everything has a reason, right? I'd hate to just toss away my past like that. 

Also, as a reply to one of your posts, I'm a girl. I enjoy keeping my gender ambiguous in order to observe what impression I give people. I've done this on multiple sites and have had a pretty decent chunk of people assume that I'm a guy. Girly pink avatar = girl and muscular brute = guy is a pretty standard assumption for most people. I also found that the lack of emoticon use also helps shift people's impressions. I like to think of it as a stupid social experiment I came up with, but I managed to find a lot of interesting results. Gosh, I'm so weird.

Haha, it seems like you can play everything on the graphing calculator nowadays. I have the TI-84 calculator and the only thing I have programmed into it was the quadratic formula I used for AP Chem last year. I never bothered to download any games although I definitely would have gotten Cave Story if my calculator wasn't in grayscale. I forgot to mention that the soundtrack for these games are also really memorable. I would link to you some of my favorites but I'm not sure whether or not you want to be spoiled. 

Mario Kart DS was definitely one of my favorite games. I spent countless hours playing it in middle school and abused the crap out of my DS. As a result, my L and R keys tend to be unresponsive at times now, heh. I've seen seen so many gameplays of Mario Kart 8 and I'm really envious. Then again, I sucked at playing Mario Kart Wii so maybe it wasn't that big of a loss? For winter break, I'm going to Florida for about a week so I'm not going to have as much time to play games or catch up on shows. To be honest, as strange as it sounds, I would rather stay home and do nothing.

Clueless mess is right; I have no idea what I'm doing right now. I've asked some of my older friends what college is like and by all means I am looking forward to it. Gosh, it seems like everyone knows what their doing--and if they don't, they're doing a darn good job of hiding it. I like keeping some of my rants because it allows me to reflect back on how much I've grown (I know, it's corny, haha). I enjoy comparing the mindset I had in the past with the one I have today. It's fun seeing how differently I would have acted, and trying to figure out why I acted or felt that way in the past--because everything has a reason, right? I'd hate to just toss away my past like that. 

Also, as a reply to one of your posts, I'm a girl. I enjoy keeping my gender ambiguous in order to observe what impression I give people. I've done this on multiple sites and have had a pretty decent chunk of people assume that I'm a guy. Girly pink avatar = girl and muscular brute = guy is a pretty standard assumption for most people. I also found that the lack of emoticon use also helps shift people's impressions. I like to think of it as a stupid social experiment I came up with, but I managed to find a lot of interesting results. Gosh, I'm so weird.

Haha, it seems like you can play everything on the graphing calculator nowadays. I have the TI-84 calculator and the only thing I have programmed into it was the quadratic formula I used for AP Chem last year. I never bothered to download any games although I definitely would have gotten Cave Story if my calculator wasn't in grayscale. I forgot to mention that the soundtrack for these games are also really memorable. I would link to you some of my favorites but I'm not sure whether or not you want to be spoiled. 

Mario Kart DS was definitely one of my favorite games. I spent countless hours playing it in middle school and abused the crap out of my DS. As a result, my L and R keys tend to be unresponsive at times now, heh. I've seen seen so many gameplays of Mario Kart 8 and I'm really envious. Then again, I sucked at playing Mario Kart Wii so maybe it wasn't that big of a loss? For winter break, I'm going to Florida for about a week so I'm not going to have as much time to play games or catch up on shows. To be honest, as strange as it sounds, I would rather stay home and do nothing.

I must be doing a pretty good job at hiding it, because if you knew me in real life you'd know I'm a bit of a mess.  Sometimes I try too hard when I shouldn't and don't try enough when I should.  I can't decide which colleges I like the best and so I've applied to almost more than I can handle.  I have terrible sleeping, eating, and exercising habits.  I'm practically a drunken fool in the mornings.  I'm a luckless train wreck when it comes to relationships and romance.  I'm honest, nice, and trusting to a fault even though I tend to give off bad first impressions.  So yeah, I definitely don't think I'm in a control of my life, but I guess that goes for everybody.

Ah, so you are a girl.  I had a hunch you were, but occasionally it was hard to tell and I didn't want to offend you by assuming either way.  And to think of it as a social experiment isn't too weird; I think it's kind of cool.  I wouldn't be able to pull of anything like that since, as I mentioned before, I'm always too honest for my own good, even online.

I haven't gotten around to Cave Story or Super Meat Boy yet, but I'll definitely find time for it.  I only have one college app left to finish, hopefully by tonight, and when I'm done with that and officially submit everything I'll be free to do more of what I want.

Though, that being said, I've actually already started winding down.  I played some Smash 4 with my sister, and discovered that I have a natural talent for Wii Fit Trainer and Ness, of all things.  At the very least, I was able to beat more people in For Glory with those two than I was with my intended mains, Lucina and Bowser Jr., somehow.  I noticed your profile picture is now Dark Pit from Palutena's reveal trailer.  Is it because you've played KI:Uprising or because you like him as a Smash character?  I played a bit of Mario Kart 8, and while I'm not terribly good at it (barely getting 1st on 100cc Grand Prix) compared to what I managed on the DS, I'm definitely getting a hang of it.  I guess it's not nearly as "sharp", if that's the right word for it, as the DS version, since I usually have trouble keeping my kart going in a straight line without it sliding all over the place.  But it's still a lot of fun to play, almost as much as Smash.  Oh yes, and just today while I was speed running Pokemon Diamond (for a good Cresselia, potentially to be used in my Pearl Battle Tower run), I ran into a random shiny Silcoon!  I was paired with Cheryl while walking through Eterna Forest, and when the Silcoon popped up along with a normal one I nearly had a Christmas heart attack.  Thank God Chansey has cruddy attack and Silcoon only knows how to use Harden.  I killed the normal Silcoon (and the Chansey, for good measure) before nabbing that shiny.  Honestly, shiny Silcoon looks better than shiny Beautifly, but whatever I guess I'll evolve it when I have the time.  That adds one more to my legit shiny count, haha.  It was a really pleasant surprise.

It sucks you won't be able to do what you truly want when you go to Florida, but hopefully you'll still enjoy yourself.  If it's warm enough, soak in the sun on the beach or do at least something summery.  Also, are you going to Disney or Universal?  Those places are magical, Disney especially.  I mentioned this somewhere before, but Epcot has this Japanese section which is chock-full of anime, manga, and video game stuff.  It also has a bunch of other cultural trinkets, too, if you ever found that you were in need of kimonos or bento boxes.  My suggestion is to save a ton of cash for that store, especially if you want an anime figurine or something.  Those can get pricey.  Well, I guess if you're going to be gone from DCW for a week and won't check this thread until you're back then maybe my advice will be for naught, but no matter.  I hope you enjoy your winter break!

(Oh man, and I'm starting to stray off topic in my non-spoiler-ed sections.  I should just start tagging everything I type at this rate.) 

Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

I've been playing this game almost all day and all night yesterday. The amiibo figures are quite amazing and they look gorgeous. The first character I played was Pit. He's one of my favorite Smash bros. Characters next to Dark Pit, Peach, and Marth. The stages are really something. I love the new Kid Icarus stage, and the music is awesome. I get a little scared when I go to the Gamer stage, but it's fun at the same time. xD!

I love everything about this game, and I can't wait for Mewtwo to be released in Spring. I'm going to have a whole lot of fun with him. (He was one of my favorites in Melee.) xD!

Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

I've been playing this game almost all day and all night yesterday. The amiibo figures are quite amazing and they look gorgeous. The first character I played was Pit. He's one of my favorite Smash bros. Characters next to Dark Pit, Peach, and Marth. The stages are really something. I love the new Kid Icarus stage, and the music is awesome. I get a little scared when I go to the Gamer stage, but it's fun at the same time. xD!

I love everything about this game, and I can't wait for Mewtwo to be released in Spring. I'm going to have a whole lot of fun with him. (He was one of my favorites in Melee.) xD!

Oh man, which amiibo do you have?  I don't have one yet, but I've seen them in stores and they do indeed look beautiful.  They look much better than the pictures on the Internet make them out to be.  I'm saving up for a Lucina amiibo when it comes out.  Did you play Kid Icarus: Uprising?  You seem to like that series.  I'd love to play some Smash today, but my parents are having guests over and they're hunkering down in the living room where my Wii U is.  Guess I'll be passing the time by watching some anime.

Oh man, which amiibo do you have?  I don't have one yet, but I've seen them in stores and they do indeed look beautiful.  They look much better than the pictures on the Internet make them out to be.  I'm saving up for a Lucina amiibo when it comes out.  Did you play Kid Icarus: Uprising?  You seem to like that series.  I'd love to play some Smash today, but my parents are having guests over and they're hunkering down in the living room where my Wii U is.  Guess I'll be passing the time by watching some anime.

Oh, I only have three amiibo figures, but I own one, since my my brothers own the other two. Anyways, so far we only own Link, Kirby, and Peach amiibo. The one I own is Peach. I haven't used her yet, but I might today. We really wanted to get the Pit amiibo, but they were all sold out. D: Yes, I played Kid Icarus: Uprising a few days after its release back in 2012. Man, I forgot the last time I played it. I think it was over a year ago. It's such a great game. The first Kid Icarus game I played was Kid Icarus for the Gameboy back when I was a kid, and I loved it. (I'm not very good at it though. :P)