Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

What Was the Last Video Game You Played?

gucjesiqwlmhdcuwomqdkljckwi

I was playing White 2, and I was in Reversal Mountain paired up with Bianca.  Then we ran into a shiny Skorupi, and before I could do anything she OHKOs it with her goddamn Musharna!  My heart is broken...  This is worse than losing a shiny in the Safari Zone, because I can at least avoid the Safari Zone.  I had to go through the mountain to progress in the plot.  This sucks.

Oh my god, I just finished the PC game "To the Moon" and I can't even...

It's short and heavily plot centered, but it's really good.  If you have three hours to spare, give it a try.

(^alright, just finished a game and thought I was going to have to double post/edit my previous post)

Finished the Ace Attorney: Investigations games.  Those games, especially the 2nd one that was never released in America, were some of the best Ace Attorney games I've ever played.  There was so much nostalgia-service by referencing nearly every past case and by bringing back so many characters from the original trilogy...  Oh my gosh, I can't even begin to describe....  

As of now, if I had to rank the AA games:

1. Trials and Tribulations

2. Prosecutor's Path (AA:I2)

3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

4. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

5. Apollo Justice

6. Justice for All

*Dual Destinies <-- I'll get to this one eventually...

Most Recently i've been playing Tales of Xillia 2 and Yu-Gi-Oh Millennium Duels.

I've never played the game, but that opening is so kick ass you wouldn't believe how many times I've drooled over it.

I just recently played the Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 3DS demo!

... aaaannd the controls feel weird so I probably won't get it.  Gotta save up for the Wii U version and those controllers.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Oh I would KILL to play that game! :(  I don't have a wii so I played a bit on my cousin's wii but then had to quit halfway...can you imagine the sorrow I feel? It was a great game. the part that I played at least. Although I do not think it can beat Twilight princess; that one was just perfection  :wub:

As for the latest one I think it was the new Tomb Raider game, it wasn't that bad...looked too much like Katniss from The Hunger Games though lol xD

Finally picked up Pokemon Y after a long hiatus, and am in the process of soft resetting for a shiny Charmander from Professor Sycamore like the idiot I am.  Why am I wasting my life like this?

Finally picked up Pokemon Y after a long hiatus, and am in the process of soft resetting for a shiny Charmander from Professor Sycamore like the idiot I am.  Why am I wasting my life like this?

b-b-but ORAS is coming out in less than a month D:

Last game I played: Pokemon Light Platinum

Last game I played that wasn't Pokemon: Cave Story

Games that I really want to play but will probably never get to: ORAS, Smash Bros 4, Chrono Trigger

Tomb Raider(2014) and Tomb raider anniversary...(not sure which was last lol)

If watching pewdiepie play The Last Of Us on youtube counts, then it was the last thing I played, and it has a AWESOME plot and even more awesome graphics.  :wub:  :wub:

b-b-but ORAS is coming out in less than a month D:

Last game I played: Pokemon Light Platinum

Last game I played that wasn't Pokemon: Cave Story

Games that I really want to play but will probably never get to: ORAS, Smash Bros 4, Chrono Trigger

I know!  I'm probably going to get Alpha Sapphire to download that gorgeous little shiny Beldum, but that's about it.  When I bought Y, I got it early just to get the event Torchic.  But I haven't even taken it from the delivery girl, and now I have like four event Pokemon on back stock.  Maybe I'll just leave Charmander with the professor for now and speed run the game?

I'm definitely going to get Smash 4 Wii U, most likely for Christmas.  I'm so hyped for 8-player smash, the new stage builder, and Mewtwo that it's hard to get any work done.  There are tons of other Wii U game I want, but Smash will probably keep me occupied for years honestly.

I know!  I'm probably going to get Alpha Sapphire to download that gorgeous little shiny Beldum, but that's about it.  When I bought Y, I got it early just to get the event Torchic.  But I haven't even taken it from the delivery girl, and now I have like four event Pokemon on back stock.  Maybe I'll just leave Charmander with the professor for now and speed run the game?

I'm definitely going to get Smash 4 Wii U, most likely for Christmas.  I'm so hyped for 8-player smash, the new stage builder, and Mewtwo that it's hard to get any work done.  There are tons of other Wii U game I want, but Smash will probably keep me occupied for years honestly.

ugh, times like this where I really wish I had a 3DS. so. much. hype.

You're not going to play Alpha Sapphire for the nostalgia? D:

Also, when smash first came out this year, I was really surprised that Mewtwo wasn't on the roster.

I knew they couldn't leave him out :'D

ice climbers aren't back though :c

I briefly tested "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS" last Thursday (by courtesy of a fellow student). It was nice to see that Nintendo pretty much brought over the same feeling as in the previous installments (as far as I could tell - it was the first time I played something on a 3DS, ever XD) - but I think it's a pity that you already have almost every character from the beginning. One of the elements appealing to me in the past games was the unlocking of some of the characters; that you had do "deserve" them, before you could play them.

But that's just criticism on a high level - all in all, I really liked what I've seen so far. I'm curious how the "big" title for Wii U will perform.

I got my hands on the demo for the Sm4sh and thought it was pretty good but also kind of gimmicky.  Maybe it's because my 3DS is a limited edition one and has a Pikachu coloration, but I'm always afraid I'm treating it too roughly when I really get into the game so I try to back off.  It's hard to play intensely when your fingers are moving sluggishly after all.  The roster being mostly there didn't bother me too much.  Most people just want to grab their favorite character and go, and the joy of not knowing who a character was when he appeared as a silhouette on the screen isn't quite the same as it was in Melee anyway, with the Internet being so prominent.  Not to mention there were some really annoying things to unlock, like Mewtwo in SSBM, which almost everybody cheated with by just leaving their game on overnight or something.

The Wii U version has so much to offer.  The live stream that aired a few days ago summed it all up pretty nicely, and you can re-watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ  I watched it live, and it was an absolutely amazing feeling when I got to the end.

ugh, times like this where I really wish I had a 3DS. so. much. hype.

You're not going to play Alpha Sapphire for the nostalgia? D:

Also, when smash first came out this year, I was really surprised that Mewtwo wasn't on the roster.

I knew they couldn't leave him out :'D

ice climbers aren't back though :c

Oh you don't have one yet?  Maybe you should settle for a 2DS if money is an issue.

I am playing it for the nostalgia, but I like to play my games chronologically.  When I lost interest in White 2 Challenge Mode for a really long time, I fell behind.  I had already purchased Y as I've mentioned, but I needed to finish the story of White 2 before moving on.  I did that over the summer (and Bianca killed a shiny Skorupi in the process, damn it!) and was planning on getting into Y, but I've so busy lately.  I can't play Alpha Sapphire until I beat Y, as stubborn as it sounds, but I'll get it in time for the shiny Beldum.

Well, he wasn't in Brawl, but he was one of, if not the, most highly requested character for Smash 4 and was the butt of a lot of jokes as well for being the only non-clone character removed from Melee to Brawl.  I wasn't going to be surprised if he didn't make it, but I'm glad he's in as DLC.  This actually shows Masahiro Sakurai didn't actually plan on having him in the game at all, but after seeing the fan requests and reactions through the years leading up the release decided to work on him last second.  We don't even have an footage of him, just a rudimentary model.

Ice Climbers aren't back because the 3DS couldn't handle having a character as complex as them in battle.  IC are practically two characters, since the human controlled Popo has Nana running around as a CPU behind him.  They lagged the game, especially if it was 4 ICs against each other.  This is unlike Olimar or Rosalina, as they're more like a character paired with an item.  Sakurai adamantly stated he didn't want the 3DS to be shortchanged and that both versions would have the same characters.  He said IC worked on the Wii U (even in 8-player I assume, which would be a total of 16 little Eskimos running around!), but because they didn't on the 3DS, he put them on the back burner and made them low priority.  But because Mewtwo is back as a DLC, IC actually has a very good chance, along with characters like Lucas and Wolf.  Sakurai, in an interview, said that bringing back a character from an old game (like Brawl or Melee) wasn't as simple as copying and pasting the character into the new game.  Even a character like Mario needs to be built from the ground up, and it takes time.  That's why clone characters (Lucina, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit) exist; they're the only characters not built from the ground up as they borrow the template of another character.  Sakurai even mentioned Mewtwo in that interview, saying Melee is such an old game he can't even extract and work with Mewtwo's files.  That wasn't that long ago, and people thought it was the end of Mewtwo and that there was no chance for him.  But lo and behold, Sakurai decided that working on a character, even after the game is released, would be worth the effort!  Therefore IC, who isn't as far down the gutter as Mewtwo was, still has a chance.  After all, he must have been pretty far down the road with IC's models and moves if he managed test them on the 3DS.  If he has time to make a completely new character, then has has time to work out the little issue with the 3DS version and we'll be getting an Ice Climber DLC in no time!  I don't want to get your hopes up, but the possibility exists and it's high.