Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Your greatest fear

49 members have voted

1. 1. Have you overcome your greatest fear ?

• Yes, I've totally vanquished it !
    • No, I'm still bothered by it.
    • I'm not sure, I've overcome it at times, but the fear may possibly come back...
    • I have so many fears, I don't know which one is the greatest ?

Everyone has their own greatest fear. It could be of death, insects or height... Sometimes, it bothers you and affects your life.

However, fear is a part of our life. The actual purpose of fear is for you to overcome it. That's the importance. If you can overcome your greatest fear, you can beat the other ones easily, and you'll be much tougher.

This thread is where everyone can share their greatest fear, whether they have overcome it or not. But if anyone have overcome it; please share your experiences, so that if another person has the same fear as you, he/she can find a way to vanquish it :)

Um...I think I have a bit of a fear of failure...I always want to do the best and I hate losing, which has kind of backfired on me since it means I'm not very willing to take chances. But I don't think I have any other serious fears...

Um...I think I have a bit of a fear of failure...I always want to do the best and I hate losing, which has kind of backfired on me since it means I'm not very willing to take chances. But I don't think I have any other serious fears...

Ah. I have a little of that too... Not a very nice feeling.

Well, I fear a lot of things.. Not like heights and such, cuz that doesn't bother me.. It's more that.. I fear dying at a young age.. And I fear illnesses.. And.. I fear of losing those that I care about.. There's so much I fear.. I also fear doing things wrong (which I always does...)... I could actually go on and on about my fears, but I guess I shouldn't...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do.

It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~ Our Deepest Fear
, an excerpt from Marianne Williamson’s
A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles

I'm really scared of dogs. If I see someone walking with any dog taller than my knee, I'll cross to the other side of the road to avoid it..

I also hate lifts (elevators). I always take the stairs. Strangely enough, this fear only developed in the past few months because of some awful dreams I had.

Fireworks also scare me.. I like to watch them from inside at a very long distance. But if they're anywhere near too close I freak out more than a little.

Recently a big big fear of mine is low-flying planes. I always stupidly assume they're going to crash into my house.

Something else I don't like is wasps. I've never actually been stung yet, fortunately.

Wow.. looking back, I have a lot of stupid fears.

I'm really scared of dogs. If I see someone walking with any dog taller than my knee, I'll cross to the other side of the road to avoid it..

I'm scared of dogs, too.

But my greatest fear is...THE formidable cockroach

For me, my greatest fear is the fear of becoming a loser. From the day that I was born, I have never been able to done anything right, despite my hardest try. It keeps haunting me day & night. I don't want to become a loser, therefore I always try my best. I've never intended to give up on anything, especially on my dreams, but that doesn't make the situation any better... The most horrible feeling is when you have to struggle with the choice of giving up entirely or continuing to try harder but the success may never come... I've overcome this fear at times by thinking positively, but it always come back to torture me... <_<

Sub-greatest fears:

- Bugs (in general): If someone tell me that to overcome this fear, I have to let those things crawl on my hand, then NO. I'd rather die being hit by a bus ! :evil:

- Speaking of dying, I'm not afraid of death itself, but I'm always afraid that I would die before I can fulfill my dreams, or before DC ends... :P

my friends say I quiet person. my family say so,too. so I'm less sociable person. also less confident. I want to be friends with them but I didn't dare make reprimand. it was because I was traumatized as those who ever betrayed me.

so sometimes I'm confused, want to be friends but also don't want to be friends.

Additional: I am very afraid of spiders.

Fear of:

Heights, Flies and Cockroaches, Failing and Losing, Injections/shots/vaccinations/blood tests, Judgement, Being worse than others, not existing... etc

As for me, bugs/spiders, the ocean, losing something precious to me, (a little) death, and the random creatures from my imagination (one of the few times having a very big imagination sucks. At least for me).