Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

Quote Factory

"I don't know why you would kill someone. But as for saving someone...A logical mind isn't needed, right?"

-Shinichi Kudo

I was sitting in a class at church.. after it had ended. And the teacher, someone very dear to me, looked me in the eyes and asked:

"Do you know how to tell if someone loves you?" It was a question that dumbfounded me. I didn't. I really didn't. At the time, there were so many people who said they cared, but I couldn't believe anyone anymore because it felt like they all betrayed me. I've always been afraid of messing up. Because if I mess up, everyone will disappear. Without uttering a word of that, my teacher took my binder and turned to a blank notebook paper page. He then began to write something in his annoyingly-perfect cursive which contrasted starkly with my hurriedly scribbled notes he had flipped past. He pushed it over to me after he was done writing and, while pointing to the words he had written, he looked at me again and said:

"You know someone loves you when they don't change after you make a mistake."

His name is John H., for attribution purposes. To this day, I have that very sentence he wrote taped to my binder. It's okay to make mistakes. It's okay to mess up. Everyone won't leave. Because the people who love you... they don't change after you make a mistake.

"Black holes are where God divided by zero."

-Steve Wright

hmm... I'm obsessed with this quote today for a reason that I do not know... O_O

"I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are the source of misunderstandings."

- The Fox, from Antoine de Saint-Exupery's The Little Prince

• Upvote 1

"The sword is a weapon of peace. With this sword I stand ready to defend my lineage, my family, my friends, and always, always our blessed country." - Sejong the Great

I respect Sejong so much...

"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." -Albus Dumbledore

I respect Sejong so much...

"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." -Albus Dumbledore

^^^^ this is making me cry.... why do I need to remember the stories now that I want an extension *sobs*

And this.....

"We've all got both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are."

—Sirius Black, padfoot