Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

Quote Factory

some amazing quotes I've ever read:

In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love

-Diego Marchi

Criticizing is easy, art is difficult
There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met

-William Butler Yeats

The best jokes are dangerous, and dangerous because they are in some way truthful

-Kurt Vonnegut

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book

-Groucho Marx

Don’t be humble. You’re not that great

-Golda Meir

I hate quotations

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Upvote 2

A lot of quotes from Borderlands 2: New-U station... They are totally badass: And BTW, this is said after you respawn in the game.

"So, how was the dying?"

"Hyperion would like to remind you that there is only one thing worse than respawning, and that is not respawning."

"Between you and us, that thing that killed you was a total dick. Please disregard this message if you committed suicide."

"Rise from your grave!"

"Permanent death? Schmermanent...schmeath."

"The Hyperion corporation suggests: Live! LIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVE!"

"Do not worry about the afterlife, Hyperion customer! Hell is reserved exclusively for pedophiles, and people who buy Jakobs munitions."

"The Hyperion corporation wishes to clarify that the bright light you saw after death was our digistruct technology, and not a higher power. Not higher than Hyperion, anyway."

"If some idiot claims that life is meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them."

"Aaaaaand RESPAWN!"

"R-r-r-r-respawn!"

"Hyperion recommends channeling your post-death frustration into pre-death vengeful anger!"

"Hyperion would like to take this opportunity to say: cha-ching!"

"The Hyperion corporation would like to remind you that the afterlife is extremely boring, and not worth visiting."

"The Hyperion corporation is sure none of that was your fault."

"Hyperion recommends checking for any excess limbs before continuing your adventure."

"Hyperion says: back on your feet and show 'em what for!"

"Hyperion would like to remind you that this isn't your real body. This is just a digitized version stored in our system. Your real body died the first time you re-spawned. But don't think to much about that."

"The Hyperion corporation reminds you that all spawncampers will be permanently banned from this plane of existence."

"Anyone can live. Have the courage to die!

"So long as you believe in yourself, nothing can TRULY kill you! Except Handsome Jack."

"Greetings, clone-of-the-recently-deceased! Good luck in your future endeavors!"

"Hyperion suggests that you rejoice in your temporary death! A victory achieved without suffering is no victory at all!"

"Hyperion hopes your death was a learning experience, but wouldn't mind if you made the same mistake just a few more times just to be sure."

"Hyperion is offering a ninety percent off sale on all New-U respawns! This offer expires in three-two-one-zero aww, better luck next time."

"Hyperion says: afterlife, schmafterlife."

"The Hyperion corporation respects all forms of life, so long as they pass a credit check."

"Hyperion is not responsible for any fingers, toes, or breasts added during the respawn process."

"Dying is awesome! All of the cool kids are doing it!"

"It doesn't take the most powerful nations on Earth to create the next global conflict. Just the will of a single man." — Vladimir Makarov

Call of Duty: MW3 Quote from Makarov

"I like drinking coffee alone and reading alone. I like riding the bus alone and walking home alone. It gives me time to think and set my mind free. I like eating alone and listening to music alone. But when I see a mother with her child, a girl with her lover, or a friend with their best friend, I realize that even though I like being alone, I don't fancy being lonely. The sky is beautiful, but the people are sad. I just need someone who won't run away."

• Upvote 1

There is no part of me that feels that I represented myself as your children’s babysitter or their teacher... I am a writer and I will write what I want to write.

~ J. K. Rowling.

For the moth loved the flame, but the flame longed for wind.

And when the moth asked "Why?" the flame dimmed in shame.

"For he brings me stories from far, far away, and he whispers secrets of elves and fae."

"But your colors he darkens and your warmth he fades!"

"For the same cause you circle me, despite the heat."

The moth dissolved to dust and the flame doused to embers.

The wind went its way, carrying dormant dreams...

Victor Reznov's Quotes from WaW:

• "I have seen my friends die at the hands of this vermin. They deserve everything they get... and more.

• "Dimitri, ride on one of the tanks, you have earned the rest. Chernov, You have not. You walk."

The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking that this is its last day on earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. Knowing you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory. Outgunned. Outnumbered. Out of our minds. On a suicide mission. But the sand and rocks here stained with thousands of years of warfare, they will remember us. For this. Because out of all our vast array of nightmares, this is the one we choose for ourselves. We go forward like a breath exhaled from the Earth. With vigor in our hearts and one goal in sight: We. Will. Kill him. - Capt. Price (Modern Warfare 2)

"Place is filled with living casualties of the last war...which I swear I thought we'd won. But I guess it's all a day at the races: you back the losing horse, and this is where you end up." — Soap, in the "The Gulag" pre-cutscene.

Hearts and emotions flow through your body, you give them, you keep them. But if you lock it, you never know when it can brake you. So always find a person with the key to open them. . .

• Upvote 1