Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
archer

my experience

I was in a relationship of convenience. The guy didn't treat me well but we were best friends. I wanted to move on and as I started to (met someone else), he had an epiphany that I was the one and started fighting for me. But I had had enough, I needed time to heal before I could contemplate a proper relationship with him.

He moved away and continued to persist, ignoring my wishes for no contact. So I guess I'm in a long-distance relationship.

Whenever I tell him person I want to move on, that I don't want to be with him, he either breakdowns or just don't accept it. It's like he hits the reset button and pretends everything is fine the next day. Or apologizes profusely. Or guilt-trips me and blames me for everything. I've tried to move on so many times and cut all contact but he always find a way to contact me. Also, when I'm feeling good and strong I think I can handle it contact, but it always plunges me back into depression.

I feel so low that I can't seem to let him go. Everyone thinks it is so easy, and it is, yet I allow him to continue to be in my life. It's so hard, it's like I'm addicted to him. I love him, and I do second guess myself about whether we could be good when we're back together in person, in a proper committed relationship. He paints a wonderful picture, and REALLY wants a second chance. But his behaviour during this whole time, the stress it has put on me, makes me think otherwise. But I can't see clearly. I feel so weak.

I don't want this to continue to drag out. I either need to commit to it or leave. I know I would be fine and happy by myself, but I'm concerned for him. He threatens to hurt himself, he has depression (I finally go him to go to therapy), he has previously quit his job, and it breaks my heart the emotional turmoil that he goes through.

I am into online dating. I met my girlfriend via dating platform from one review https://wizzlove.com/reviews/swingers-date-club-review Attraction in a long-distance relationship tends to be based primarily on a foundation of emotional intimacy and shared values rather than physical intimacy. Being attracted to someone mostly because of the conversations you have (rather than the sex you share) is not an iron-clad guarantee of long-term relationship success, but it certainly helps.

It can be easy to go through the busy day relying on texts and without picking up the phone but don’t fall into that trap. Make time to have in-depth conversations where you can hear one another’s voices or see one another’s faces.