Detective Conan World
christae

which is better, Movie 13 or 14?

14 because it has more of the DB, Haibara gets slapped, and "Conan was defenestrated from the airship" (Happy now, Kyuu? :grin: ) AND then shot several times.

I'm a horrible person... I know... but I love it when characters everybody loves get the s**t beat out of them! XD (And i'm not particularly fond of Conan so... B) )

I love when my favorite characters get the s**t beat out of them. :V Much more exciting than characters I feel neutral about. So I loved the scene where Conan got thrown out of the blimp. I loved the part of the Raven Chaser where Conan's being beat up by Irish too... ... Yeah, I'm sadistic. :P I can't decide between the two movies... I love them both..

Movie 13 was a pretty good movie IMO. A non-canon BO case is a little meh, but it was pretty action packed and quite thrilling. I'd say it was better than movie 14.

Movie 14 was good too. A few interesting twists with decent action, plus the interactions between Conan and Kid were funny, seing them work together and then seeing two Shinichi's sitting beside eachother :P

I like Movie 14, although Movie 14 is disappointing because no murder occurs/ no big mystery, I think I really like it because : Its FUNNY (I like funny movies), Conan's tricks with the Cats! XD haha! ,ConanxKid, Ran's Karate, Kaito Kid's effortless stealing of Lady Sky, ofcourse KidxRan xDDD

Movie 13, great mystery although I have to rewatch it just to understand it, the only parts that I like there are : First Part,how I wish it was true? :twisted: Ran's Karate (Ran vs. BO's Irish!) , Conan vs. BO (Irish's chase,Gin,Vodka,Chianti and Korn's chase to the top of Touto tower), Black Org's epic shocked faces because Conan has epic intelligence! That's all dunno what's better, its really up to you to decide...

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ;)

The thing I really didn't like about movie 13 is just the fact that everyone had their obliviousness on a greater level than usual, obviously just cause it wasn't canon.

What I mean by that are the little things such as the BO not noticing they were shooting at a kid. Even if they couldn't see in the darkness or some random stuff, that's pretty oblivious on their part. Then there's Ran, but her being oblivious is the same old song and dance.

Oh and also talking about the non-canon thing again. The entire movie had a lot of the thrill removed because we KNEW that Irish had to die. There was no way around it.

Just so you know, The Raven Chaser was adapted by Gosho Aoyama as an extra chapter of the manga very recently (just after the case of Sera's hotel). The chapter (50 pages) recaps the events of Tokyo Tower.

It shows that this movie continues to have a popular fan-base.

DX why do so many people not like Movie 14? Personally, I loved it! I mean, I guess I didn't have such high expectations as some of you (I watched it not long after I started the series) and I don't think the 'mystery' part of Detective Conan is that important... Okay, it is VERY important, but I love the action/comedy/a bit of romance part of it better. And there was some mystery in it, even if it's not a full-fledged, movie-scaled murder case. And Kaitou Kid's awesome, regardless! :D

As for which one is better... I haven't seen 13 yet (now that I'm going chronologically), but heard it's awesome, so...

Although i didn't like the 13 movie

I quite like the 14 as i always solve the cases before they reveal the culprit and it was nice for me to just sit back and relax as i solved it quickly this time