Detective Conan World
Shuurboun

Who do you think is Renya?

Who do you think it was? I'm becoming paranoid and I even suspected the first killer which. But I suspect Inspector Megure though it has a low chance since he met Yusaku and he should've predicted that Megure is the boss.

This is all just a theory, but I have a number of indications about Vermouth being Renya Karasuma:

Starting with the fact that Vermouth is non-aging; having killed Jodie's parents 20 years before the timeline, lived at least two lives, and Shuichi Akai proved that Vermouth was not wearing a mask when his shotgun fire grazed her face (episode 345). And for some reason, Vermouth is said to be Karasuma's favorite, perhaps too much a coincidence. Speaking of the likely friendly relationship between Karasuma and Vermouth, it was only they who nicknamed Shuichi "Silver Bullet" (also too much a coincidence). "Silver Bullet" is Atsushi and Elena Miyano's personal nickname of APTX 4869. Eyes on the word personal, it's hard to believe that Vermouth calling Conan and Shuichi "Silver Bullet" is another coincidence. She should have had access to the tapes Elena recorded just for Shiho. That is since Elena mentioned that Silver Bullet is a terrifying drug in the tape for Shiho's 18th birthday. The drug being terrifying is a clue that points to why Vermouth used the nickname for Conan and Shuichi. Speaking of Vermouth and the Miyanos, Atsushi and Elena Miyano are former members of the Karasuma group, so it's safe to say that Elena and Atsushi have met Karasuma. So if this theory is right and Vermouth is Karasuma, it's only natural that Vermouth has access to the tapes Elena recorded. Knowing Conan's identity, staying quite about it, and also handing out what can barely be called clues, is a sign that Vermouth knows the black organization's motive best. Wanting to capture and kill Haibara is probably of fear that Haibara would soon know that Vermouth is Karasuma.

This is all just a theory based on what I know.

On 8/16/2021 at 4:04 AM, Shuurboun said:

Who do you think it was? I'm becoming paranoid and I even suspected the first killer which. But I suspect Inspector Megure though it has a low chance since he met Yusaku and he should've predicted that Megure is the boss.

I also started with suspecting the police, but since no officer has sharp deduction skills, I thought it would be strange for Rum, the second in command, to also be good at deductions even when undercover. So Karasuma is most likely smarter than Rum if undercover.

My other theory (spoiler from files 1051-1054):

Spoiler

My theory is that Rumi Wakasa is a member of the Karasuma family. Renya Karasuma is possibly dead and Rumi is taking Renya's place. She carries the piece of Shogi from the crime scene of Haneda Kohji's murder in her jeans' back pocket and it's possible that she killed him. She is not Renya himself as she was careless and dropped the piece in the Trapped at Hatoyama Farm Case only for Amuro to pick it up. She later knocked him out with a few hits (poor Amuro).

Lastly, with her name, Wakasa Rumi, try removing the W from Wakasa and the I from Rumi. You will get Akasa Rum. And there you have it, Akasa Rum is an anagram of Karasuma.

You will have to excuse me for having so many theories, but:

Spoiler

The probability of Wakasa Rumi being on the allies' side is high. At first, there were 5 points bothering me about her:

1. The scars on her body.
  2. Carrying a shogi piece.
  3. Having been a previous acquaintance of Haneda Koji.
  4. Throwing away Ayumi's 4 leaf clover.
  5. Her blind right eye.

The scars on her body indicate that her crazy strength came from a merciless fight. That fight was most likely with the black organization. As in some late file of the manga, she remembers Akai Tsutomu protecting her. Akai Tsutomu was in England to chase out the black organization as a former FBI investigator, so in conclusion, he could've been protecting Rumi from them.

The second, third, and fourth points are all connected. Having known Haneda Koji, she, naturally, was a witness in the crime scene of his murder. Having thrown Ayumi's 4 leaf clover, I deduced that the shogi piece she carries from Haneda Koji's crime scene is a good luck charm to her. Being a good luck charm of hers, she probably had a good relationship with Haneda Koji.

The last point is her blind right eye. I don't know many details about it, but it is probably a general trait that Aoyama-sensei gave her to make us suspect her for being rum.