Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Favorite Characters?

Alice25 may be the only one i saw that does not have Ai in a top 10 list of fave characters

10 is a too big number for favorite characters, the absolute favorites are always few (at least for me), but if I have to choose 10, that would be:

Genta

Ran

Yamamura

Mitsuhiko

the cat Goro

Yukiko

Agasa

Heiji

Vodka

most of the murderers in the series (don't know myself if I am serious or not in this case)

So no Ai in my list, either.

But it's not like I hate her or something, it's mostly the ShinRan vs ConAi wars that make me suspicious of her, like "what if Gosho sees how many Ai fans there are, who say that they continue to wish for a ConanAi ending even though they lost all hope, and Gosho becomes touched and moved by their hope and changes the originally intended ending at Ran's expense".

I honestly have no idea how would I look at Ai if she was NEVER considered a romantic interest for Conan at Ran's expense. My problem is that I started reading about these fan wars even before I watched the first episode where Ai appeared, so it made me prejudiced unfortunately. 

But it's not like I hate her or something, it's mostly the ShinRan vs ConAi wars that make me suspicious of her, like "what if Gosho sees how many Ai fans there are, who say that they continue to wish for a ConanAi ending even though they lost all hope, and Gosho becomes touched and moved by their hope and changes the originally intended ending at Ran's expense".

I honestly have no idea how would I look at Ai if she was NEVER considered a romantic interest for Conan at Ran's expense. My problem is that I started reading about these fan wars even before I watched the first episode where Ai appeared, so it made me prejudiced unfortunately. 

Ah, don't believe in the CoAi stuff. It's never going have a chance to happen, IMO.

Ohohoho, I'm the type of person who doesn't really take part in the "watching" as much as the "reading". Fan wars are so interesting to read through. Too bad my teacher won't count it as reading minutes

• Upvote 1

Fan wars are interesting to read, I agree, but sometimes it's not funny anymore when characters get openly bashed. Especially when people say it's immature to be forever faithful to the first love who may never return (intending Ran waiting for Shinichi) or that "childhood friend romances should die out". I think only people with a heart of stone can say that. What can be more sublime that eternal faithfulness or more cute than children falling in love (innocent love, not lust which adult people sometimes confuse with love).

• Upvote 1

Fan wars are interesting to read, I agree, but sometimes it's not funny anymore when characters get openly bashed. Especially when people say it's immature to be forever faithful to the first love who may never return (intending Ran waiting for Shinichi) or that "childhood friend romances should die out". I think only people with a heart of stone can say that. What can be more sublime that eternal faithfulness or more cute than children falling in love (innocent love, not lust which adult people sometimes confuse with love).

Honestly, I agree with them. To a certain degree. I'm still waayyyy too young to get "love", but it's unhealthy to dwell on it from a spectator's point of view. I'd have to wholeheartedly agree with you on the purity and innocence they have though; if it were real, I would be that person kicking anyone who was opposing's butt.

I'm almost sorry Ai was ruined for you though. I love Ai, but there are some rather extreme CoAis out there...

• Upvote 1

I used to think that ConanAi vs ShinichiRan was the most heated argument in the DC communities ever, but now it's on the 2nd place in my mind. No comparison with what happened on an Italian forum in a topic dedicated to Kazuha; users (even some mods if I remember correctly) wrote posts long like encyclopedias trying to prove Kazuha's uselessness and how much much better would the manga be without her. The minority including me defended her because I don't think she is THAT annoying, after all the jealosy scenes involving Heiji are supposed to be comic relief (even though in my opinion aren't as good as Yamamura's moments). At the end the thread was about to explode due to things getting personal, other mods had to threaten everybody to lock down the thread and said the same even in the chat/tagboard above the forum. 

Really, how can anyone take a secondary character THAT seriously? Kazuha isn't among my favorites, but I would never think a discussion about here could become worse that Ai vs Ran  :o

I used to think that ConanAi vs ShinichiRan was the most heated argument in the DC communities ever, but now it's on the 2nd place in my mind. No comparison with what happened on an Italian forum in a topic dedicated to Kazuha; users (even some mods if I remember correctly) wrote posts long like encyclopedias trying to prove Kazuha's uselessness and how much much better would the manga be without her. The minority including me defended her because I don't think she is THAT annoying, after all the jealosy scenes involving Heiji are supposed to be comic relief (even though in my opinion aren't as good as Yamamura's moments). At the end the thread was about to explode due to things getting personal, other mods had to threaten everybody to lock down the thread and said the same even in the chat/tagboard above the forum. 

Really, how can anyone take a secondary character THAT seriously? Kazuha isn't among my favorites, but I would never think a discussion about here could become worse that Ai vs Ran  :o

Whoa... That was something I'd have never expected. Kazuha's just... there. Just like all other there-but-not-really-important characters. I'd love to learn some Italian just to check it out; what in the world would spark such a debate?

And Yamamura. Oh, Yamamura. When Mouri thinks you're dumb, you are comedy gold.

lol, I'm not sure why there are heated debated about whether Gosho supports ConAi or ShinRan.

These people can wallow in their fantasies how ever they want, but it's too damn obvious who's going to end up together.

Whoa... That was something I'd have never expected. Kazuha's just... there. Just like all other there-but-not-really-important characters. I'd love to learn some Italian just to check it out; what in the world would spark such a debate?

And Yamamura. Oh, Yamamura. When Mouri thinks you're dumb, you are comedy gold.

It's this one:

http://detectiveconan.forumcommunity.net/?t=35597270

Don't get me wrong: it's not like people here insulted each other or used foul words or curses. It's just there was a really passionate debate where people didn't want any compromises and were trying to bash the character with enormous posts that evolved into a kind of discussion like "my philosophical theory is superior and your is just child play". Initially it was funny because why on earth giving to a secondary character such attention, but later, with those pseudo-intellectual bashing of Kazuha, I just felt sorry for her, even though she isn't really my favorite character.

However, if you learn Italian, PLEASE don't bump this topic! They will hang me if they get to know I am involving more people into that (since it took a lot of force by the mods to calm things down) :)

It's this one:

http://detectiveconan.forumcommunity.net/?t=35597270

Don't get me wrong: it's not like people here insulted each other or used foul words or curses. It's just there was a really passionate debate where people didn't want any compromises and were trying to bash the character with enormous posts that evolved into a kind of discussion like "my philosophical theory is superior and your is just child play". Initially it was funny because why on earth giving to a secondary character such attention, but later, with those pseudo-intellectual bashing of Kazuha, I just felt sorry for her, even though she isn't really my favorite character.

However, if you learn Italian, PLEASE don't bump this topic! They will hang me if they get to know I am involving more people into that (since it took a lot of force by the mods to calm things down) :)

o.o Italian...

Yeah, I know. I'm sometimes pretty proud of the DC fandom for keeping its logical conversations there instead of something like "**** u u pice o ****". It's sad how I'm proud of something that should be common sense.

Haha, don't worry; Italians a bit too much for me xD

lol, I'm not sure why there are heated debated about whether Gosho supports ConAi or ShinRan.

These people can wallow in their fantasies how ever they want, but it's too damn obvious who's going to end up together.

As my good friend kiel, a big conai shinshi fan, said : " we all know with whom he is going to end up, but that doesnt mean we cant dream about or want or write about conai"

This is a good forum by the way, it's a pity users from here can't participate because of the language; it would be interesting to know the fans' opinions in different countries; I especially wonder how is the situation in Japan: who hates/likes which character, why did they stop asking questions that make sense in interviews with Gosho etc.

I can read Russian, English and Italian forums (I am Russian living in Italy and study English and German) but unfortunately my German isn't yet good enough to read serious discussions, I am still at the level of children's books, otherwise I have to use a dictionary for 1/3 of words (maybe 1/4, don't know) :unsure:

As my good friend kiel, a big conai shinshi fan, said : " we all know with whom he is going to end up, but that doesnt mean we cant dream about or want or write about conai"

It's all fruitless effort.

They can fantasize all they want but it's not going to help their cause.

Of course they have the right to do so, it's just that due to my paranoia I am worried Gosho starts admiring them too much for their devotion and decides to do them a favor for either compassion or business/popularity reasons. I don't want to be egoistical of course, and understand the AiCon fans would be upset with a ShinRan ending, I would be sorry for them, it's just I am a big fan of childhood friend romances and in most anime I saw childhood friends don't win. So for me all those childhood friend pairings in DC, if all have a happy ending, would be like a moral "compensation" for the previous disappointments. To me in this particular aspect DC is like an oasis in the desert, if the main childhood friend pairing lost even in this work of fiction, I would really stop to watch anime and read manga at all, because this innocent kind of romance is one of the few ideals I really believe in. 

I apologize for saying this for the 100th time, since by now the whole forum probably knows my position on the romantic aspect of the series, it's just this is my whole point of looking at the series (apart from the detective aspect): it's very rare when first love lasts forever, and even more rare when this first love started in childhood (usually in real life children don't feel like that as far as I know, boys dislike playing with girls, girls think boys are rude and annoying etc.; hope I am wrong, but that's the impression I get)

Of course they have the right to do so, it's just that due to my paranoia I am worried Gosho starts admiring them too much for their devotion and decides to do them a favor for either compassion or business/popularity reasons.

So you're saying that Gosho is going to toss away ShinRan after shoving it in our faces for nearly 20 years?

It's not going to happen, haha. I'll bet on my deathbed that it won't.

• Upvote 1

So you're saying that Gosho is going to toss away ShinRan after shoving it in our faces for nearly 20 years?

It's not going to happen, haha. I'll bet on my deathbed that it won't.

I hope you are right, it's just I am a pessimist. Like somebody said: "life is a disease, always with a lethal conclusion" (or something like that, it's a literal translation from what I heard in Russian  :) )

I apologize for saying this for the 100th time, since by now the whole forum probably knows my position on the romantic aspect of the series, it's just this is my whole point of looking at the series (apart from the detective aspect): it's very rare when first love lasts forever, and even more rare when this first love started in childhood (usually in real life children don't feel like that as far as I know, boys dislike playing with girls, girls think boys are rude and annoying etc.; hope I am wrong, but that's the impression I get)

Because cooties! :0

I couldn't resist xD

Seriously though, you don't have to apologize! Share your opinion without shame ;)

• Upvote 1

Alice25 may be the only one i saw that does not have Ai in a top 10 list of fave characters

I would have her. It's just I don't want to choose sides. 

I don't get it why some fans like her more in her Shiho form than in the Ai form. We have barely seen her as an adult, and the combination of the mentality of a grown-up genius with a child's physical appearance is more intriguing imo. Same with Shinichi and Conan (although in this case there is difference also in personalities, Conan is funnier). 

• Upvote 1

I don't get it why some fans like her more in her Shiho form than in the Ai form. We have barely seen her as an adult, and the combination of the mentality of a grown-up genius with a child's physical appearance is more intriguing imo. Same with Shinichi and Conan (although in this case there is difference also in personalities, Conan is funnier). 

yes

whats to like about shiho anyway 

People do that? whaaat1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Shinichi = Conan and Shiho = Ai. Maybe it's cooler to see Shiho or Shinichi since the arcs with them give off a more exciting atmosphere, but that's it. They are one and the same.

The fact that the official Japanese poll separates Conan and Shinichi just drives me nuts.