Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 1,061–File 1,066: The FBI Serial Murders

RULES

1. Please use spoiler boxes until a full English translation is available.

2. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler images are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

The first case of the triple digit volume era!

in a technical sense, it was last case... but that one began in Volume 99 and ended in Volume 100, whereas this one will begin in Volume 100

Spoiler pics are now out:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6994241163

And here are translations, courtesy of Mera and Spimer (with additional props to Mycroft and BK 201):

Spoiler

Overall Summary (Mera)

"At the beginning of the chapter, Gin and Vodka found a foreigner, Vodka gave the foreigner a FBI ID to check, and then we see the muzzle of Gin gun and SHOT, that happened while Conan, Haibara and DB just passed by

Conan hurried to check, and he used his glasses to zoom, and he saw Vodka on a roof (upstairs) and the same classic BO crew, then Conan go back to Kudo's home to tell the FBI about what he saw"

As per leaks, James Black is in Conan's house (Kudo's house)

Panel by Panel translations (Spimer)

Pic 1:

Mitsuhiko: Whoa!

Mitsuhiko: It seems they found two today, too...

Mitsuhiko: Two dead unidentified foreigners...

Pic 2:

Ayumi: It feels scary...

Genta: Yeah... There were also two dead yesterday, right?

Mitsuhiko: But I wonder why more unidentified people died today, too?

Pic 3:

Man: I...

Man: So you finally came...

Pic 4:

Vodka: Sorry... 

Vodka: But Tony ain't coming anymore...

Man: Shit!

Pic 5:

Gin: Do you intend to confess...

Gin: Where your hideout is at?

Gin: I see. You don't, huh?

Gin: Then we don't need you anymore...

Pic 6:

Ayumi (text obscured): A huge sound!

Pic 7:

Conan: Using the glasses' telescope function...

Pic 8:

Vodka: Sheesh!

Vodka: Guess he didn't want to end up like his pal, but...

Gin: Did he think he could fly?

Pic 9:

Genta: Why can't we see it?

Ayumi: I wanna see, too!

Mitsuhiko: That's unfair, Conan-kun!

Haibara: Just do as he says!

Chianti: A kid! A kid wearing a hoodie is coming close to the body!

Korn: I can shoot...

Chianti: Do we do it?

Pic 10:

Kir: There's 3 more onlookers!

Man (right): Whoa! Someone's dead!?

Woman: No way!

Man (left): Let's call the police for now!

Pic 11:

Conan: Shit!

Conan: What's going on!?

Conan: Akai-san's line is busy the whole time...

Conan: And neither Mom or Dad answer the phone either!!

Pic 12:

Conan: Don't tell me that they...

Conan: Are in my house!?

Conan: I hear unfamiliar voices!

Pic 13:

Jodie: Oh, hi, Cool Kid!

Jodie: You came as well?

Pic 14:

James: It all began 3 days ago...

James: An investigator named Aaron went missing while trailing one of the organization members and the next day his body was found... And both two days ago and yesterday and today the organization ambushed meeting places...

Jodie: We use a cipher for the meetings, but...

Jodie: So we think that maybe Aaron may have confessed how to decode the cipher...

Jodie: Hence why we're hiding here, in the Kudō house, for now!

Pic 15:

Akai: Knowing them, rather than demanding how to decipher the ciphers, they would demand the hotel's location...

Akai: If they want to get rid of us FBI in one shot, it's more logical to attack their base of operations...

Camel: Y-you're right...

James: That asides, have Jim and Cheng, who volunteered to go to the cipher's meeting place, contacted you yet?

Jodie: Not yet...

Conan: As for that Agent Jim...

Pic 16:

Conan: He just fell from an abandoned building and died...

Conan: Vodka was in the rooftop so he might have been pushed out of it, but...

Pic 17:

All: HUH!?

Conan: I happened to be at scene... So I came to tell Akai-san about that!

James: But if they don't know how to decode those complicated ciphers...

James: How could they ambush us?

Conan: Wouldn't they have hacked into the cipher emails and simply decoded them?

Pic 18:

Conan: Because that cipher...

Conan: It contained the meeting address, location, the day and the phone number, so...

Pic 19:

Several: Huh?

To be continued in Issue#46

Spoiler

Yep, Hidemi/Rena/Kir actually appears and speaks (not a background character shot) for the first time since August 2009 (File 704)!

No break next week—we can expect 1,062 spoilers at this time next week.

Spoiler

So this chapter has raised a lot of questions. 

• How did BO get hold of the future meeting infos ?
    (well hacking could be an answer, but if it's a sms/mail for FBI's internal discussion it won't simply looks possible to me.)
  • So is there a mole in Japanese Police/FBI who is passing on that info/investigating the FBI agents under the garb of public safety ?
  • Bourbon should be there but as of now we didn't see him. Why ?
  • Is Rum behind this whole operation as the intel provider and the planner ?
  • During the last chapter it was shown that Rum didn't trust Bourbon's info on the Kudos, that's why Vermouth was used instead of Bourbon. So is Bourbon now on Rum's distrust list ?

1,062 spoiler pics now out:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7007357681

Here are translations of the pics, courtesy of Spimer:

Spoiler

Pic 1:

???: Listen to what I have to say...

Chianti: T...

Chianti: This voice, it's...!?

Pic 2:

Vodka: They're changing their voice with a machine...

Kir: There's no doubt about it...

Vermouth: The organization's (our) No. 2...

Pic 3:

Gin: RUM!

Pic 4:

Vermouth: Location is Kadehu 1-4 city parking, in 1 hour's time...

You can get there in less then 30 mins in your car, Chianti...

Chianti: So 10 minutes will be more than enough!

Vermouth: I'll head there with Kir, so...

Vermouth: Gin and Vodka, do as always....

Pic 5:

Chianti: (giggles)

Chianti: Those FBI guys are shuddering in fear!

Korn: Just like RUM said...

Chianti: Trying to play a trap on us? It's out of your league!

Pic 6:

Akai: Wait, Camel!

Akai: Don't get out yet!

Pic 7:

Man: (groans)

Man: (screams)

Pic 8:

Gin: The target is fleeing towards the south...

Conan: (cut off)

Conan: Lure out the organization... (cut off)

Pic 9:

Yusaku: Given how they refer to you as a teacher, did you work as a teacher before?

Jodie: Yes... As an English teacher at Teitan High School...

Pic 10:

Yusaku: Is it an elementary school teacher?

Jodie: Y-yes, one of my friends is an elementary school teacher named Shibuya Natsuko...

Pic 11:

Yusaku: Did she teach you many things?

Jodie: Yes... Apart from Japanese... Kanji, hiragana, relationship between letters... She taught me most of it...

Pic 12:

Yusaku: I see..

Conan: So...

Conan: So that was it!?

Note: Offense and defense turn over again... What have the Kudo father and son seen through!?

With more spoiler pics come more translations, once again courtesy of Spimer:

Spoiler

Page 3

Conan: The one at the right, when seen from the front, is the original cipher message...

Conan: And the one to the left is one with the characters horizontally flipped!

Conan: This alone doesn't tell anything, but...

Conan: Even if you flip them, you realize some spots can be read as numbers or Alphabet letters...

Conan: And if you look at this oddly displaced dot...

Conan: You would think that the lower half of the text is flipped!

Conan: So if you take the flipped one...

Conan: And cut off the lower half, including the horizontal bar...

Conan: To then glue it over...

Conan: The original one...

Conan: See!

Page 8

Mark: Let me take that role.

Mark: If I do nothing, my brother won't be able to rest in peace!

Black: Ah, so you're Mark, the younger brother of Tony, who was killed...

Black: Acting out of a personal grudge isn't really a good idea, but well...

Camel: Then how about I take the remaining spot?

Camel: If push comes to shove, I can shake them off with my driving skills!

Mark: Camel! Akai: If you're going, you should put on a hat.

Camel: I-I'll pass...

Camel: It doesn't really suit me.

Akai: Did you forget?

Akai: You were the one driving the car that held CIA agent Mizunashi Rena who is currently infiltrating the organization...

Akai: They think you died in the explosion during her retrieval...

Akai: If anyone among them remembers what you look like and they find out that you're still alive, she will most certainly be killed...

Akai: Both you and I are not supposed to exist in this this world...

Akai: Never forget that...

Camel: Got it!

And here are a few more details about the events of the file, translation courtesy of Spimer:

Spoiler

FILE1062
Corner of tricks

The code was made by Jim and Chen, who'd volunteered to go to the meeting spot
They argued that it shouldn't be that easy to solve and they wanted to check (what was going on), so they headed despite many attempts to dissuade them
Akai says that if they'd seen how Conan easily solved it they wouldn't have been so reckless

James suggests to make a new code at once but Camel suggests using it to lure out (the BO)
James would prefer to wait for Yusaku to come back and hear his opinion, but since the deaths of Jim and Chen aren't in the news they must think the FBI doesn't know and it's favorable for them

Jodie thought of a code since she knew how to do it

The BO receives a transmission from RUM, who has changed the voice, as they are being led to the ambush location Jodie made up

Since no-one seems to show up at the location, Chianti and Korn, looking out through their rifles, shoot down the agents on the outside that were on the lookout

Camel and Mark pull out and Mark is hurt when Gin, ambushing them, snipes them, but the car keeps on running away so Gin tells the snipers its location and orders for it to be traced

Yusaku, who'd gone out shopping with Yukiko, comes back and checks the code after he's told about the situation

Apologies for the double post.

Spoilers for 1,063 are now out—here is a chapter summary, translations courtesy of Sonokovid-Naughtyteen:

Spoiler

"The whole chapter is a car chase drama.

Gin and the others chase Camel after Camel's arm was injured by Kir.

Then Camel rushed off of the bridge, and fell into the river. Korn spoke to Kir as if he saw Camel somewhere before.

Gin said to the others they should check if Camel died, but Camel had taken Conan's advice into consideration, and dived down to go to another region underwater.

At the end of the chapter, there's a shot of Yusaku and Conan, and Yusaku says, it seems I underestimated this Organization a bit".

And here are spoiler pics...

https://imgur.com/a/0xApJ0N

...And translations, courtesy of Spimer:

Spoiler

Pic 1
Jodie: The code I wrote let the organization notice it was a trap we'd set up?
Yusaku: Probably so...
Yusaku: You, Agent Jodie, used the Kunrei-shiki system for the code... This system prioritizes the regularity in spelling and is taught at elementary schools...
Yusaku: Your friend, the elementary school teacher, taught you this system, yes?
Jodie: Y-yes... But where did I make a mistake?

Pic 2
Conan: You should've written it as "KADEFU"...
Conan: But you wrote it as "KADEHU"!
Jodie: N-no way!
James: And that's why the organization was suspicious, huh?
James: Felt it was a trap and... (rest is cut off)
Jodie: I'm sorry, it's my fault...
James: You're not the only one at fault!
Akai: We checked the text but didn't notice that, either...
Conan: It's the romaji for "ふ"!
Jodie: Huh?
Conan: Using Kunrei-shiki system, "ふ" is written as "HU", as you did, but...
Conan: But the other codes used the Hebon-shiki system, so it was written as "FU"! Furuito, used in the other code, was spelled "FURUITO", for example!

Pic 3
Camel: I'll leave Mark at Ootaru Street...
Camel: Please retrieve him afterwards!

Pic 4
Gin: Kir, Vermouth! Go to Umibotaru!
Gin: Go there from Chiba and cut his escape!
Vermouth: OK!

Note: Umibotaru is based on the Umihotaru artificial island and underwater tunnel in the Tokyo Bay

Pic 5 (Page 11)

(No text; With Vermouth's bike, she and Kir are pursuing Camel's car—they pull in front of him and Kir shoots Camel through the car window)

Pic 6 (Page 12)

(Camel's car crashes through the bridge's guardrails—Chianti's Viper and Gin's Porsche come to a halt)

Pic 7 (Page 12)
Chianti: Hah! Have at you, FBI guy!

Vermouth: ......
Korn: Say, that man...
Korn: I feel like I've seen him before...
Kir: Really? Korn...
Korn: Yeah...
Korn: If I see his face again, I'll remember where...

Pic 8 (Page 13)
Kir: Oh, yes?
Gin: Talk about interesting...
Gin: Then let's search for that FBI's man corpse at once...

Pic 9 (Page 15)
Camel: I-if I do that, I'll run out of air, and...
Conan: Go until you have 20cm left of air!
Akai: I see...
Akai: Do as he says! 20cm!
Camel: Ah, but... I went under 20cm already!

Pic 10 (Page 16)
James: But rescuing him when the organization is surrounding them is going to very hard...
Akai: Yes...
James: We should've indeed listened to Yusaku-san's opinion...
Yusaku: No... Whether I'd noticed about the Hebon-shiki or Kunren-shiki...
Yusaku: But that means they have someone amongst them who saw through that at once...

Pic 11 (Page 16)
Yusaku: It'd seem that we...
Yusaku: Have slightly underestimated the organization...

4 week break upcoming—we can expect 1,064 spoilers around November 20th.

5 hours ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

thanks

i come sometimes 

shame that the monga has fallen from grace

The quality, huh?

The longer delays between files is better than Goshō making his health worse, but if you've got issues with the quality, I can't help you with that.

I wish I could just ask Goshō questions about narrative, pacing, etc., so veteran fans (who don't approve of the direction this series has taken this past decade) could at least have an answer as to why he's executed things like this (that isn't a generic answer like, "he's lazy because success and money", because an answer like that just isn't interesting to me).

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2020 at 7:42 PM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

The quality, huh?

The longer delays between files is better than Goshō making his health worse, but if you've got issues with the quality, I can't help you with that.

I wish I could just ask Goshō questions about narrative, pacing, etc., so veteran fans (who don't approve of the direction this series has taken this past decade) could at least have an answer as to why he's executed things like this (that isn't a generic answer like, "he's lazy because success and money", because an answer like that just isn't interesting to me).

What you mean with "narrative and pacing"? Can u give some examples? I agree with you with the direction the series took after Kir introduction.

1 hour ago, LaJota said:

What you mean with "narrative and pacing"? Can u give some examples? I agree with you with the direction the series took after Kir introduction.

you are a really old member

On 10/22/2020 at 12:42 AM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

The quality, huh?

i wish gosho well, but he dragged this thing for way too long

i give naruto proops for knowing its way

dc should have known as well

1 hour ago, LaJota said:

My opinion on the series is nowhere near as harsh as some—after all, I'm still invested in the characters and what's going to happen, even after all this slow pacing.

Well, the pacing is self-explanatory. The Bourbon arc took nearly seven years to complete, and it seems the Rum arc is going to beat even it out, in terms of length. Look at Kir—her appearance in this case is her first appearance since August 2009 (File 704).

As for the narrative, it suffers due to the pacing—the longer it takes between BO cases, it decreases focus and leaves the readers languishing. What was once a more tight and compact narrative has been diffused and spread out more and more as Shinichi/Conan has found himself facing problems caused by people who should be his allies against the BO (Rei/Bourbon for the Bourbon arc, and Mary for the Rum arc). It leaves fans wondering if Shinichi/Conan and the BO are actually going to face off against each other, and even if there is going to be impact and/or resolution with even these longed-for BO cases.

Just now, Balthazar Manfredie said:

i wish gosho well, but he dragged this thing for way too long

i give naruto proops for knowing its way

dc should have known as well

Well, once the series is over, at least we can start giving out series read/watch order guides so newcomers can have a better experience without the years of uncertainty and lag.

1 minute ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

My opinion on the series is nowhere near as harsh as some—after all, I'm still invested in the characters and what's going to happen, even after all this slow pacing.

Well, the pacing is self-explanatory. The Bourbon arc took nearly seven years to complete, and it seems the Rum arc is going to beat even it out, in terms of length. Look at Kir—her appearance in this case is her first appearance since August 2009 (File 704).

As for the narrative, it suffers due to the pacing—the longer it takes between BO cases, it decreases focus and leaves the readers languishing. What was once a more tight and compact narrative has been diffused and spread out more and more as Shinichi/Conan has found himself facing problems caused by people who should be his allies against the BO (Rei/Bourbon for the Bourbon arc, and Mary for the Rum arc). It leaves fans wondering if Shinichi/Conan and the BO are actually going to face off against each other, and even if there is going to be impact and/or resolution with even these longed-for BO cases.

Well, once the series is over, at least we can start giving out series read/watch order guides so newcomers can have a better experience without the years of uncertainty and lag.

amen to that

any news when it will end

46 minutes ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

amen to that

any news when it will end

I'm afraid all I have for you is speculation, so take it as you will (if at all).

For the Rum arc to end (relatively) soon—and by that, with this release schedule, it'll be in terms of months at least, certainly not weeks—we would need to be in a Clash of Red and Black situation right now, where even with multiple cases, the main conflict remains the same for each of them... ideally, this would end with the Kudōs, the FBI, the NPA finally unveiling and executing the plan they discussed back in File 1,012/Episode 954, and Rum's identity being revealed.

It's a shame, I don't think we're going to be that fortunate in terms of getting there quick—it likely isn't going to take only 2-3 cases after this one for Rum's identity to be revealed and for the Plan/Gambit pileup to come about and then reach a climax. Gosho will likely segment things as he's typically done, taking those 2-3 cases and putting 2-3 cases inbetween them. While this can lead to focus neat details and buildup, it slows things down—those who experience the series after us can just go "binge, binge, binge" and get the full package nice and quick, but for us? That's quite the ask of your fans to wait, and if they don't care for what's being focused on or are feeling the fatigue caused by the combo of length and repetition, you're going to get some bailing out, thus leaving fans like me to give massive caveats for them so they don't waste their time and instead focus on series that don't have these stumbling blocks.

If you had to ask me for a year count, I'd say... 1 year minimum, and 3 years maximum, and that's just for the Rum arc to end. If we jump right into the "Boss/Anokata" arc after that, you can have a smidge more of hope than usual. Who knows if he'll stick with this new 7 years per arc thing for it, too? Maybe it'll be shorter, a Clash of Red and Black-like arc unto itself... but in all probability, that's just wishful thinking. -_-

I love this series, and I've enjoyed the recent trend Aoyama-sensei has gotten into where every case gives the reader at least one clue or piece of information that relates to the mystery of overall story. However, I must agree that the pacing was atrocious before he started this pattern. There were way too many filler cases that contributed nothing whatsoever to the main story; a little filler here and there is fine, but when 75% of what you're publishing in the series is filler, that's a bit much. My hope is that, after the five or six cases we had where each case dropped a plot hint for us, and now a case that directly relates to the Black Organization and the overall story, Aoyama-sensei will maintain his current pace so we'll get through the rest of the Rum Arc without any more filler. As for the direction the story has taken (when there is actually development of the story), I'm still largely enjoying it, but there are a few points I've struggled with and am concerned about moving forward. I too wish that I could have a sit-down with Aoyama-sensei, one writer to another, and have a nice chat about narrative flow, audience expectations (and when to subvert them), changing the status quo at times to keep things fresh, and things like that. I have the utmost respect for him, but it seems like there are a few areas that Aoyama-sensei struggles with (if he somehow reads this, please know that there is absolutely no sleight meant by this; we all have areas that we have difficulties with; it doesn't make him any less amazing).

On 10/25/2020 at 7:19 PM, LaJota said:

I dont know if its only me, but sometimes when i reading im thinking "Im reading because i want to reach the end" more than enjoying...

Expectation gets naturally generated by length, so by the time we do reach the end, that's going to be quite a bit of expectation. At the very least, you might be curious about how close (or not) the end of the series gets to meeting the years to decades of expectation... but, to boil it down, are you alright with waiting for an end that likely will disappoint you or underwhelm you? (and the odds of it doing so increasing again and again as more weeks/months/years go by) Was the journey of DC good enough (and/or it's high points, the peak of its quality) to justify waiting for an ending that's below the peak in quality of the series, below the potential of what it can achieve?

On 10/26/2020 at 3:21 AM, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

I love this series, and I've enjoyed the recent trend Aoyama-sensei has gotten into where every case gives the reader at least one clue or piece of information that relates to the mystery of overall story. However, I must agree that the pacing was atrocious before he started this pattern. There were way too many filler cases that contributed nothing whatsoever to the main story; a little filler here and there is fine, but when 75% of what you're publishing in the series is filler, that's a bit much. My hope is that, after the five or six cases we had where each case dropped a plot hint for us, and now a case that directly relates to the Black Organization and the overall story, Aoyama-sensei will maintain his current pace so we'll get through the rest of the Rum Arc without any more filler. As for the direction the story has taken (when there is actually development of the story), I'm still largely enjoying it, but there are a few points I've struggled with and am concerned about moving forward. I too wish that I could have a sit-down with Aoyama-sensei, one writer to another, and have a nice chat about narrative flow, audience expectations (and when to subvert them), changing the status quo at times to keep things fresh, and things like that. I have the utmost respect for him, but it seems like there are a few areas that Aoyama-sensei struggles with (if he somehow reads this, please know that there is absolutely no sleight meant by this; we all have areas that we have difficulties with; it doesn't make him any less amazing).

Indeed, I've been having a good experience with that, as well.

And even higher if we're talking about only BO-centric cases.

Although, for me, filler would mean a case that I get absolutely nothing out of. I can only speak for myself, but I can't think of a manga case (at least since the File 1,000 case back in late 2017) that led to a reaction of, "well, that was an utter waste of time with no redeeming value(s)", from me. I think those who just aren't as invested in the characters (either as they used to be or at all) have more cause to label more cases as filler, and anticipate the BO moments as that rare consistency to look forward to (though that's for those who think the quality of even those hasn't gone down or hasn't gone down that much). Though that doesn't address those who label the state of affairs as 75% filler despite describing themselves as invested in the characters.

Any specifics?

For me, Hidemi/Rena/Kir being absent for so long would be one such point.

1,064 spoiler pics are now out:

https://imgur.com/a/FjOQNlM

And here are text spoilers, courtesy of Mera Sasumi, Holmes, Kemo, Night Baron, Spimer and Nay.

Spoiler

"Gin is determined to catch Camel, but Akai-san changed his outfit (disguised) as Subaru to rescue him"
"Conan also tags along with him, in the front passenger seat" 

The Cover is Conan with "Commando Face Paint" which relates to the Last page
Camel Continues Swimming until he reaches a hiding spot on a nearby island and starts lighting a fire and drying his clothing
Gin notices an island during driving
Gin and the team move towards the island on a ship and surround camel.
Gin follows camel's footsteps.
The BO starts by splitting tasks and spreading across the island to find camel
Akai and Conan move towards the island to help camel
Camel appears in the end of the file hiding between Trees while the BO head for him."

Kir: When I’m told to "shoot", sorry, but I’ll aim for the face...
Kir: Because it seems there’s a member who remembers Agent Camel’s face, after all...
Kir: You don’t have a problem with that, right?

"She's warning Akai that she will have to shoot camel in the head if she's ordered to shoot again
To make recognition hard"[/spoiler]

Spoiler

James: But, Akai-kun, if they notice you there...
Subaru: Of course...

Subaru: I'll use this face!
Yukiko: It's now completely waterproof, strong against rain and wind!

Yukiko: I specially made you more good looking than usual

Subaru: -bubble incomplete-
Conan: It feels strange to hear Akai-san's voice coming from Subaru-san's face!
Subaru: Well then...
Subaru: I'll switch to this voice.
sfx: pip
Camel: -bubble incomplete-
Camel: Well, I felt really awful when I arrived at this island,
Camel: But now, the sea breeze feels nice! 
Subaru: The sea breeze... Are you on a shore?

Gin: Let's spread and search!
Everyone: Roger!

Kir: I'm sorry, but... 
Kir: The next time I'm told to shoot, I'll aim at the face.
Kir: Because it seems there's a member of the organization who remembers Agent Camel's face.
Kir: That'd be fine with you, right?

It makes me sad every time I see people talking about the manga quality getting so bad. I understand where they're coming from because you definitely can't deny that it hasn't dragged on long, but I still find myself looking forward to Conan chapters because I just feel sooo attached to the series. To be fair though, it took me years to catch up to the manga, so maybe I'll start feeling the burn out in some time? I hope not loll

• Like 1

1,065 spoiler pics now out:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7115689550?pn=1

Here are text spoilers, courtesy of BK 201, Mera, NightBaron and CG:

Spoiler

"Akai lies in an ambush to snipe, and Camel gets shot"

"False information was leaked on purpose by RUM themselves"

"Camel heard this too"

The 3 different descriptions about Rum are all spread by Rum themselves to protect themselves

But the prosthetic eye thing is true

Gin also says that he knows Rum’s location and what they’re doing

- The cover is Conan on the lookout on the fence.

- The organization is looking for Camel who is hiding inside a hut while observing them.

- Chianti and Vodka find Camel and Fire at him.

- Camel hides again under fallen tree leaves.

- The Island catches on Fire.

- Camel tries to escape but he becomes exposed to the organization.

- Akai tries to snipe and Conan has binoculars.

- Chianti Hits Camel with a Lethal Shot. (assumption based on the fact the bullet hit the right area of the chest)

- Camel's injury is serious and there is a lot of blood leaving his chest area from both ends, there was enough blood to suggest his lungs exploded, but the major danger is that his mouth also had blood.

- The Camel Scene is horrific and according to what we see, it's a lethal shot, except if Gosho wants to create some action. But as a medical note, if blood leaves through the mouth, Then the amount of damage and tear in the chest area is dangerous specially the stopping of the respiratory system

1066 will be resolution

And here are spoiler pic translations, with imgur link courtesy of Nike1421:

https://imgur.com/a/Bpwn4k9

Spoiler

Camel (internal monologue): Roger...

Vodka: But Rum really surprised me…

Vodka: The way he just jumped into our conversation and gave us orders that were all right on the mark…

Chianti: He? Don’t tell me you’ve actually seen Rum’s face?

Camel (internal monologue): Huh?

Vodka: It’s the impression he gives off... There’s all sorts of rumors about him, saying it’s a giant of a man, an effeminate man, an old man, or that he has a artificial eye…

Vodka: But according to Gin... 

Vodka: The only true part of that is the artificial eye. The rest was basically all false information spread by Rum himself to protect his identity.

Chianti: So Gin has met Rum?

Vodka: Yeah...

Vodka: He also knows where he is and what he’s doing...

Chianti: Wow. So where is Rum and what’s he doing?

Akai: Have you moved, Camel?

Camel: Ah, no, right now it’s kinda…

Vodka: That I haven’t heard. [Gin just said (so)]*

Vodka: He changed his face…

Vodka: And took on a silly name…

Camel: I also still have the hunting cap that Akai gave me…

Camel: before I headed out!

Camel: I thought I should really return it afterwards.

Conan: Could it be that that—

Akai: Yes, it’s an invention by professor Agasa...

Akai: Just like my knitted hat!

Here's a full translation of 1,065 (but be advised—this translation is from Arabic to English, so there may be more errors/mistranslations than there would be in a Japanese to English translation):

Spoiler

File 1,065
Hunter & Prey

Page 2
Chianti: Shit! 
Chianti: He's nowhere to be found!
Chianti: Did he escape from this island!?
Korn: I am also... starting to feel that way...
Kir: That is possible... 
Kir: The distance between the Island and Yokosuka beach is 1.2 KM, an appropriate distance for him to swim away.
Vermouth: No, if he intended to escape...
Vermouth: Then he wouldn't have buried the evidence of the fire he lit in the sand on the beach.
Vermouth: If he intended to tell us that he was here, then it would be better to keep the fire lit... 
Vermouth: In order to get our attention to focus on the fire instead of the sea, giving him enough time to escape...
Vodka: Then... why didn't he do that?
Gin: Because he can't escape yet!
Gin: Because he expended a lot of energy to get here, he is tired now.

Page 3
Gin: Putting aside the time it would take to do that, even if he tries to escape through the water, we could spot him using our Yacht.
Gin: In short, the Breathless FBI Agent won't find a way out!
Vodka: That's true...
Subaru: Camel... 
Subaru: Did you get the thing that I referred to?
Camel: Y-Yes...
Camel: I have entered the Island's Cafe...

Page 4
Camel: I have acquired three sackcloths previously used to store coffee...
Camel: One of the sacks was full so I emptied it... and from the tourist guide office in the cafe I took tape and a scalpel knife...
Subaru: If it really is a cafe... it should have a few straws around. Take one.
Camel: R-Roger...
Camel: But seriously, why am I taking these things?
Camel: They are necessary to allow you to blend in with nature better.
Conan: Can you tell me what things Camel-san has on him at the moment?
Camel: I don't have anything that valuable on me to be honest... a small pen-shaped torch, My FBI ID, a cellphone whose GPS doesn't work anymore and wireless earphones...
Camel: Ah... 
Camel: Right...

Page 5
Camel: I also have the flatcap Akai-san gave me before I left...
Camel: I kept it rather than getting rid of it...
Camel: Because I felt like I had to return it...
Conan: Is it possible that...
Subaru: Just like my knitted cap... it too is one of Professor Agasa's creations!
Subaru: Well done, Camel! 
Subaru: This could be your winning card...
Camel: T-This is my winning card?!
 *door opens*
Chianti: I already told you that there's no way he'd hide in a place where we could find him easily!
Vodka: Let's check it out just in case.
Camel: T-they got to the cafe...
Subaru: Did you secure the route for your escape?
Camel: Yes...
Subaru: Then get away from there at once, the camper's suit attracts attention indoors!
Camel (internal monologue): Roger...
Vodka: But RUM surprises me every time...

Page 6
Vodka: The way he just jumped into our conversation and gave us orders that were all right on the mark…
Chianti: "He?" Don’t tell me you’ve actually seen Rum’s face?
Camel (internal monologue): Huh?
Vodka: It’s the impression he gives off. There’s all sorts of rumors about him, saying it’s a giant of a man, an effeminate man, an old man, or that he has a artificial eye…
Vodka: But according to Gin...
Vodka: The only true part of that is the artificial eye. The rest was basically all false information spread by Rum himself to protect his identity.
Chianti: So Gin has met Rum?
Vodka: Yeah.
Vodka: He also knows where he is and what he’s doing.
Chianti: Wow, so where is Rum and what’s he doing?
Subaru: Have you moved, Camel?
Camel: Ah, no, right now it’s kinda…
Vodka: That I haven’t heard, but according to Gin...
Vodka: He changed his face…
Vodka: And took on a silly name…
Camel: Silly... 
Camel: Name...
*Crunch*

Page 7
Vodka & Chianti: !?
Camel (internal monologue): Shit!
Vodka: Bastard!
*Shot*
*Shot*
Chianti: Shit! 
*Shot*
Chianti: He escaped through the backdoor!
*Shot*
*Shot*
Vodka: You think you can run!?
*Slip*
*Thud*
Vodka: Shit!

Page 8
Chianti: What's this, a large volume of black beans scattered on the floor!?
Vodka: Beans...
Vodka: Coffee beans?
Subaru: I understand...
Subaru: Thanks to you scattering the coffee beans on the floor, you were able to escape their attack...
Camel: T-to be honest, these were the coffee beans that accidentally fell and scattered when I was opening the sack...
Camel: Now, what do I do with this sack?
Subaru: First cut the sacks from the inside so that both ends are open...
Subaru: Then connect each open end to an open end from another sack using the tape to create a something like a long open tube and then place it in any random trench you find in the forest...
Subaru: Place as many leaves, branches and as much soil as you can on every sack so that it becomes camouflaged...
Subaru: Then get into the sacks and, finally, cut an opening for the straw to allow you to breathe.

Page 9
Conan: It's the Ground Technique, right!?
Subaru: Yes... 
Subaru: You can hide while maintaining your body temperature....
Subaru: Could you do that, Camel?
Camel: Somehow, yes...
Gin: Are you telling me you slipped because of coffee beans!?
Vodka: Yeah...
Vodka: I didn't expect him to set up a trap like this...
Gin: ......
Gin: No... it isn't a trap...
Gin: If the sacks are missing... then he is planning to hide in the ground...
Gin: Did you hear that!? Let's search every inch before sunrise and fully corner him!
RUM: Wait...
RUM: There is a better way!

Page 10
Jodie: He hid inside the sacks?
Jodie: Just like a ninja!
Subaru: Yes... looking everywhere on the Island would consume a lot of time...
Subaru: There are two hours left until the island workers show up...
Subaru: If he could hold on till then...
Subaru: Then Camel will survive!
*FBI cheering*
Jodie: Contact us when there are new updates...
Subaru: Roger.
Yusaku: ......
Yukiko: What's wrong, Yusaku?
Yusaku: I'm just thinking about...
Yusaku: What I would do if I was in their place...

Page 11
Subaru: Do you hear me, Camel?
Subaru: We Just arrived at Namikaze Park, which gives us a view of the Island.
Subaru: Is everything alright on your end!?
Camel: Y-yes...
Camel: The situation is good underground...
Camel: So good that I am starting to feel a little hot...
Subaru: H-hot?!
Conan: A-Akai-san!!
Subaru: !?

Page 12
Conan: The island...
Subaru: ...is on fire!
Subaru: Get out from the ground immediately, Camel!
Camel: W-What?!
Subaru: You'll burn to death!
Conan: Akai-san...
Conan: There is no way other than using that!
Camel: Oh my god...
Camel: When did this fire...?!
Subaru: Do you still have the tape and scalpel knife that you found in the tourist guide office?!
Camel: Y-yes...
Subaru: Was there a printer?!
Camel: Yes... I think there was one...

Page 13
Vermouth: Even though it's a dry season, it's burning too fast!
Kir: We have to hurry, fire-boats from the fire department will be here soon...
*Camel drops down behind Vermouth, Kir and Chianti*
Chianti: He's here... he's heading for escape towards the shore!
*Shot*
Korn: He really came out...
Vodka: Just as RUM said...
Gin: Don't praise him every time!
*Open gate*
*Close gate*

Page 14
Gin: Heh...
Gin: Do you think you created a barrier between yourself and us like that!?
Gin: If you calmly/peacefully come with us...
Gin: I'll kill you without letting you suffer...
Camel: A-Akai-san!
Subaru: Wait, Camel....

Page 15
Subaru: Come a little closer...
Subaru: The wind's direction is from the left...
Conan: Add one degree...
Conan: Distance to target is 1334.2 yards...
Subaru: Ok, Camel...
Subaru: RUN!
Vodka: He's escaping!
Chianti: I'm gonna shoot!
Kir: As usual, to the head...
Gin: No...
Gin: From the back, shoot his heart!
Kir (internal monologue): What?
Chianti: With pleasure!
*Shot*

Page 16:
*Impact*
Camel: Ugh...

Side Note: The piercing bullet of treachery!
To be continued next SS double issue, next week...

1,066 spoilers now out—open the spoiler tab at your own risk, major spoilers inbound.

Translations courtesy of Mera, Emma NY and Kemo (the latter translated info from Arabic site ConanGate).

Spoiler

***6 WEEKS BREAK CONFIRMED***

***Wakita is RUM***

- 贝姐把卡梅隆照片给科恩看了,

最后粘上假胡子和假牙的厨子登场

The TL is

"Vermouth showed a photo of Camel to Korn

And at the end of the chapter, the cook (Wakita) appeared without his fake mustache and teeth"

- “wakita came out from a black car,

camel escaped

gins grenade was shot by akai”

- “wakita has a reminiscence panel”

- wakita before disguise: bald

- wakita reminiscence panel looks like dai moroboshi

- wakita reminiscence panel: camel and akai and someone else

- wakita was a shadow in the beginning

- korn flashback: camel and young akai photos

- “the garage old man was in the flashback too, it’s from a third person view”

- “camel shaved his head?”

- it’s a buzzcut

- wakitas ride with two men in black with sunglasses

- “they look like foreigners”

- “camel fell into the ocean”

- “and then gin wanted to get the grenade,

akai shot it after gin threw the grenade,

kirs hat was shot and fell off her head”

- “all shot by akai”

- “wakita has a few panels, but at first he was a shadow”

- "Yukiko Shaved Camel's Hair"

- “mentioned the hat, the hat prob saved his life”

- “conan and akai went straight to home after the job is done”

- wakitas left eye is white

- “camel not hurt”

- and before that was “camel told conan what he heard” (from chianti and vodka’s convo)

- “(camel)got hurt was fake, there was a blood pack on his chest)

- “FBI laughing , camel blushing”

- “camel has thick paper stick to his back, super thick like two dictionaries”

- “the final result of this battle: black side leaked important information about rum, red side gave camel a new haircut”

- “the photo in korns flashback was given to him by rum two years ago,

rum is wakita, it’s confirmed,

gin got a call from rum, and it was wakita who called”

- The Cover is Conan behind Subaru in Akai's Persona

- Camel falls into the ocean in front of the Organization

- Gin tries to use a grenade for a detonation within water

- Akai shoots and hits the grenade directly after Gin throws it

- Akai fires a warning shot between Gin's Legs

- Akai hits Kir's hat and it falls off

- All the BO agents duck/crouch

- The fire department's boats get to the scene and put out the fire

- The Organization takes their loss back on boat

- We see Wakita put on fake hair (originally bald), fake teeth and mustache while accompanied by a body guard and driver.

- Wakita is extremely rich and his car is a Rolls Royce

- All his orders so far have been in the car while he was heading to the restaurant

- Wakita ordered Gin to capture Camel alive, Gin failed"

- Gosho's first drawing of RUM in the file is as a silhouette without detail to the left eye

- Gin angrily grabs the phone Vermouth presents with Camel's picture and shove it in front of Korn who recognizes the Man from the picture RUM sent him 2 years ago.

- Camel was carrying the Copy Machine behind his back, and Chianti shot at it from behind, From the front, the penlight was placed sideways so Akai could get a good shot

- Last page, RUM exits his car and heads for the restaurant after he disguises as Wakita, and he looks at MOURI DETECTIVE AGENCY

Spoiler pic translations:

Rum: That’s so nostalgic....
Gin: Rum!!

Chianti: Why did Rum send you a photo?
Korn: I... was watching the warehouse where the appointment took place, but the appointment was canceled, and after that, Rum sent me a message with a photo... saying: Shoot Rye and this FBI agent to death as soon as you see them...“

Rum: But the killing of the man who the FBI desperately protected is worthy of Evaluation. I wanted to catch him alive so I can ask him more...

(Flashback, File 607, Page 9)

Camel: It’s dangerous here, don’t stay! 
Camel: Ojiisan!

We can expect 1,067 spoilers around January 15th.

UPDATE:

1,066 spoiler pics (again, major spoilers, so don't click the link unless you're prepared):

https://imgur.com/a/Q3mf7ba

On 12/1/2020 at 1:36 AM, Balthazar Manfredie said:

are things finally moving to an end 

Well...

Spoiler

Andre's not dead, but we finally know who Rum is.

Spoiler

Finally RUM is revealed at last!

But looking at how Aoyama-sensei did in the past, we'll get "rest" chapters before another big thing happens again :lol:

On 12/5/2020 at 6:53 AM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

1,066 spoilers now out—open the spoiler tab at your own risk, major spoilers inbound.

Translations courtesy of Mera, Emma NY and Kemo (the latter translated info from Arabic site ConanGate).

Reveal hidden contents

***6 WEEKS BREAK CONFIRMED***

***Wakita is RUM***

- 贝姐把卡梅隆照片给科恩看了,

最后粘上假胡子和假牙的厨子登场

The TL is

"Vermouth showed a photo of Camel to Korn

And at the end of the chapter, the cook (Wakita) appeared without his fake mustache and teeth"

- “wakita came out from a black car,

camel escaped

gins grenade was shot by akai”

- “wakita has a reminiscence panel”

- wakita before disguise: bald

- wakita reminiscence panel looks like dai moroboshi

- wakita reminiscence panel: camel and akai and someone else

- wakita was a shadow in the beginning

- korn flashback: camel and young akai photos

- “the garage old man was in the flashback too, it’s from a third person view”

- “camel shaved his head?”

- it’s a buzzcut

- wakitas ride with two men in black with sunglasses

- “they look like foreigners”

- “camel fell into the ocean”

- “and then gin wanted to get the grenade,

akai shot it after gin threw the grenade,

kirs hat was shot and fell off her head”

- “all shot by akai”

- “wakita has a few panels, but at first he was a shadow”

- "Yukiko Shaved Camel's Hair"

- “mentioned the hat, the hat prob saved his life”

- “conan and akai went straight to home after the job is done”

- wakitas left eye is white

- “camel not hurt”

- and before that was “camel told conan what he heard” (from chianti and vodka’s convo)

- “(camel)got hurt was fake, there was a blood pack on his chest)

- “FBI laughing , camel blushing”

- “camel has thick paper stick to his back, super thick like two dictionaries”

- “the final result of this battle: black side leaked important information about rum, red side gave camel a new haircut”

- “the photo in korns flashback was given to him by rum two years ago,

rum is wakita, it’s confirmed,

gin got a call from rum, and it was wakita who called”

- The Cover is Conan behind Subaru in Akai's Persona

- Camel falls into the ocean in front of the Organization

- Gin tries to use a grenade for a detonation within water

- Akai shoots and hits the grenade directly after Gin throws it

- Akai fires a warning shot between Gin's Legs

- Akai hits Kir's hat and it falls off

- All the BO agents duck/crouch

- The fire department's boats get to the scene and put out the fire

- The Organization takes their loss back on boat

- We see Wakita put on fake hair (originally bald), fake teeth and mustache while accompanied by a body guard and driver.

- Wakita is extremely rich and his car is a Rolls Royce

- All his orders so far have been in the car while he was heading to the restaurant

- Wakita ordered Gin to capture Camel alive, Gin failed"

- Gosho's first drawing of RUM in the file is as a silhouette without detail to the left eye

- Gin angrily grabs the phone Vermouth presents with Camel's picture and shove it in front of Korn who recognizes the Man from the picture RUM sent him 2 years ago.

- Camel was carrying the Copy Machine behind his back, and Chianti shot at it from behind, From the front, the penlight was placed sideways so Akai could get a good shot

- Last page, RUM exits his car and heads for the restaurant after he disguises as Wakita, and he looks at MOURI DETECTIVE AGENCY

Spoiler pic translations:

Rum: That’s so nostalgic....
Gin: Rum!!

Chianti: Why did Rum send you a photo?
Korn: I... was watching the warehouse where the appointment took place, but the appointment was canceled, and after that, Rum sent me a message with a photo... saying: Shoot Rye and this FBI agent to death as soon as you see them...“

Rum: But the killing of the man who the FBI desperately protected is worthy of Evaluation. I wanted to catch him alive so I can ask him more...

(Flashback, File 607, Page 9)

Camel: It’s dangerous here, don’t stay! 
Camel: Ojiisan!

We can expect 1,067 spoilers around January 15th.

UPDATE:

1,066 spoiler pics (again, major spoilers, so don't click the link unless you're prepared):

https://imgur.com/a/Q3mf7ba

Well...

Hide contents

Andre's not dead, but we finally know who Rum is.

i saw

made sense but the throwback was nice 

• Like 1