Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 1,051–File 1,054: Ensnared at an Eerie Farm

RULES

1. Please use spoiler boxes until a full English translation is available.

2. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler images are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

1,051 spoiler pics now out (albeit in very low quality due to their small size):

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6593712627?pn=1

Here's a Shōnen Sunday teaser for 1,051, courtesy of Baka:

Spoiler

"Next issue: DB, Conan, Kobayashi, Wakasa are on a chicken ranch and Amuro will appear."

UPDATE:

Spoiler pics of better quality are now out:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6595763141

No break next week—we can expect 1,052 spoilers at this time next week.

Apologies for the double post.

Here are translations of the higher quality 1,051 spoiler pics:

Spoiler

Page 1
Side text: Kazami has been locked down. And besides him, a corpse...

Kazami: Yes...
Kazami: My deepest apologies, but I don't know where I am...

Kazami: I was pursuing the man who we suspected to have stolen a large amount of bombs used for drilling, but...
Kazami: I was taken by surprise and got hit from behind... When I regained consciousness, i was in some kind of basement...

Amuro: How about GPS?
Kazami: Negative... It seems my smartphone has been taken by that man, so...

Kazami: I-I had no other choice but to borrow the cellular that was in the pocket of the corpse that was thrown in this basement and call you with it...
Kazami: H-However, there's only little battery left...
Amuro: And the corpse?
Amuro: Did he get killed by that man?

Kazami: P-Probably...
Kazami: W-Well, It's fine! I can somehow break out of this room with my own strength...
Amuro: Stop it, Kazami...

Amuro: If you act in an imprudent way, it will excite the culprit and the worst outcome will be unavoidable...
Amuro: I will go...

Page 2
Amuro: Before you become a corpse, yourself...

File 1051: An Omnious Ranch

Text: The reliable man takes action when his subordinate is in a pinch...

Page 4
Kobayashi: You have to learn from the person from the ranch who is willing to give us his chickens to raise them...
Kobayashi: Don't forget about that!
DB: Yeeeeees!

Kobayashi: Is it really okay, I wonder?
Rumi: But why did you bring the students with us?
Rumi: If it's to learn how to raise them, both of us can do that...

Kobayashi: Wakasa-sensei...
Kobayashi: This is secret information that I meant to take with me to the grave, but...
Rumi: Yes?

Kobayashi: In fact, I am not good with birds...
Rumi: I-Is that so?

Kobayashi: Since the moment I saw as a child on the TV a footage of vultures gathering around a dead zebra and devouring him greedily...
Kobayashi: Those bulging eyes, and those pointed beaks...
Kobayashi: Have been scaring me so much...

Kobayashi: Therefore, although this is impossible for me, if these children record a video of when they are being looked after, I thought it would be easier to explain...
Rumi: But, Kobayashi-sensei, the policeman that you are dating....
Rumi: If I recall correctly, his name was "Shiratori..."*
TN: lit. "White bird," or "swan."

Page 5
Kobayashi: Huh? That's a name, isn't it?
Kobayashi: Then, if Wakasa-sensei had someone named "Karasuda", would you think he's a crow?
Rumi: I-I wouldn't think so...

Rumi: It's just that... in case he's a crow, then he would be a pitch black, cunning person, hard to approach, who forms factions and makes moves...
Rumi: That's the image I just have...

Rumi: Well, of all people... He might be someone fun and bright for all we know...
Kobayashi: Ah, that might be the case...
Conan: ......

Conan (Internal monologue): Crow...

Conan (Internal monologue): Karasuma Renya...
Conan (Internal monologue): The boss of the organization who shrank my body with that drug...

Conan (Internal monologue): And Wakasa-sensei is...
Conan (Internal monologue): A candidate for this organization's No.2...
Conan (Internal monologue): RUM...

Kobayashi: By the way, the name of the owner of the farm we're about to meet is "Hatoyama"*-san, right !
TN: lit. "mountain dove"
Rumi: If he's a peaceful person like a dove, I'd like it!
Hat guy: Do you folks also go do Hatoyama farms?

Page 9
Amuro: How about calling it a day?

Amuro: Mitsuhiko-kun, you should also erase the private footage that this person dislikes!
Mitsuhiko: Right!
Amuro: It's fine that way, right?
Knit-hat guy: Yeah...

Kobayashi: So you are Amuro-san!
Amuro: Ah, yes...
Kobayashi: I am the homeroom teacher of these children's class, Kobayashi!
Kobayashi: I heard a lot about you!

Kobayashi: Poirot's master said that he's also a detective!
Rumi: I am the assistant homeroom teacher, Wakasa! Pleased to meet you...
Amuro: Greetings...

Conan: But where are you going to in this bus, Amuro-san?
Amuro: Like all of you, I also have some business at Hatoyama farm...

Conan: I see...
Amuro: I'll tell you more in details when we get there...

Rumi: ......

Page 16
Kazami: Furuya-san!
Kazami: So you came to my rescue!
Amuro (Internal monologue): Kazami...

Kazami: Thank goodness! I'm saved, now!
Amuro: I've been caught, too, so the situation hasn't changed at all...
Conan (Internal monologue): If I recall correctly, that person is Amuro-san's subordinate from the Security Bureau...

Mitsuhiko: Errrr...
Kobayashi: Who is "Furuya?"
Amuro: This is my alias!
Amuro: When I work as a detective, it becomes necessary...

Amuro: He is my assistant...
Kazami: I...
Kazami: I'm Hida Danroku!

Conan: Say, aside from that...
Conan: A corpse has been laid on the bed...
Kobayashi: Eeeeh!?

Conan: That corpse's face...
Conan: He looks exactly like the man who imprisoned us here!

Text: A situation making no sense... Next issue, another chapter with a connected cover!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rosemary said:

Hide contents

so conan thinks rumi is a black organisation member working for Rum. That leaves us with wakita as Rum then.

Spoiler

incorrect, he thinks that Wakasa Rumi could be Rum.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MeiTanteixX said:
  Hide contents

incorrect, he thinks that Wakasa Rumi could be Rum.

Yes, you're right. I mistook Rumi for being a "subordinate" of organisation's no. 2 in Conan's internal monologue while she is a "candidate". Thanks for correcting me. 

• Upvote 1

I think that the dead man was already dead, when he was left in the basement. And that he did not died by starvation. Otherwise he would have used his own cell phone, that Kazami used, and called for help. It struck me strange, that whoever locked Kazami down there could think of removing his cell phone, but not think of taking the dead man's, unless the man was already dead, when he was put down in the basement, and therefore there would be no need to take the cell phone of him or perhaps even search the body for that and afterward the though never occured that there could be something on the corpse that Kazami could use.

2 hours ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

this still is going on

lol

wth is going on

Hey, there. Been a while. ^_^

Well, this is what happens when yearly file/case output literally drops by half—and in spite of the Akai, Miyano and Morofushi info we've gotten since 2018 (and longer cases in general), Gosho seems to be in no rush to have the big arc confrontation case, so here we are. Volume 100 (Files 1,059–1,069) is not far off, but who knows how many more volumes will come after that.

Suffice to say, once DC's all said and done, newcomers will be able to avoid any potential pacing pitfalls (provided they have a filler guide, of course).

1,052 spoiler pics are now out (be advised, they're once again pretty blurry):

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6611516949?pn=1

Spoiler

Rei/Bourbon is showing Yuya the shogi piece, and they seem to be discussing the Kōji case.

No magazine/planning break yet—1,053 spoilers should come out around the 17th.

• Upvote 1

I'm don't know if the brother killed the manager of the farm. But I do think that he was the one who put him in the bed. The corpse was lying on the bed under a cover with his eyes closed. But since he was strangle and the bed seems to be placed in a corner, I think it's unlikely that he was strangled while lying down in it. The fact that he was placed in bed after his death suggests that someone showed him some last respect. And that would most likely be the younger brother.

It's possible that the manager comitted suicide by hanging and his brother found him, got him down and placed him in the bed.

• Upvote 2

Here are the full 1,052 text spoilers, translation courtesy of Manaphy:

Spoiler

File 1,052: Clumsiness and Suspicions

The deceased man who looks like Umisuke Hatoyama, but whose face is more wrinkled, is probably the older brother. Kobayashi looks at his face and confirms the corpse is that of Ginsuke, the owner of the farm. She only talked with him the phone, but after doing some research on the net, she knew his face—Umisuke's claim of being a younger brother was not a lie.

Kazami judges that it's been around 30 hours since the excavation bombs were stolen in large amounts from a construction site, and that there is now a risk of a terrorist attack. Amuro suggested that they make a move only after getting more conclusive evidence, but Kazami decided on his own to follow the steps of the suspicious worker Umisuke, and upon arriving at the ranch, he had the tables turned on him. Kazami was thinking that Umisuke killed Gisuke, but Conan and Amuro realize that Gisuke killed himself in this room from the corpse and the scene's conditions—Umisuke, who came after, merely laid Gisuke's corpse on the bed. As for the motive, from the marks left by the corpse's highlighter pen, they think that he was investigating something. However, they couldn't find a yellow highlighter among the pen he supposedly used.

Conan uses the detective badge to contact Haibara, Genta and Wakasa, and tell them about their own situation. As he tells them that Umisuke has bombs, so they shouldn't act carelessly. Umisuke appears, and Haibara realizes who he is—she stops and deceives Genta, who didn't realize and was going to reveal their identities by saying that he is a friend of Conan. Just then, Hitsuka and Nanbu appear, they wanted to ask various things to Gisuke because they're not familiar with the ranch, but he wasn't there. Umisuke lies by saying his older brother is away because he's hospitalized. It looks like the thing Hitsuka and co. are setting their sights on is in some place in the mountains, so they don't know where it went. Umisuke, Hitsuka, Nanbu gather with Kanō and decide to search for it together.

Conan tells them to look for a chance to contact the police while Umisuke is away. Haibara's smartphone is out of battery and Genta left his at home, but Wakasa brings out her smartphone from her backpocket. However, as she tries to contact them, she notices that the Shogi piece is gone and loses her composure. When Genta tells her that Amuro picked something, Wakasa becomes discouraged, and drops her smartphone in a bucket, submerged it in water—their only means of contacting the police is gone. Meanwhile, Kanō tries to find the place while watching the footage of his smartphone, but becomes impatient because he can't find it. Conan learns from Mitsuhiko what kind of footage Kanō was watching.

As Kazami looks at the shogi piece Amuro's holding, he casually starts gossiping about how Haneda Shukichi maintained his Six-Crowns by defending himself in one of the title matches. Amuro remembers during their conversation that he saw the Kōji case files during his Security Police training. This shogi piece was a good luck charm—the only personal belonging of Kōji's that went missing. The piece was something he'd earned after beating his master in a shogi tournament for the first time. Looking closely at piece, it is clear that it was stabbed. Recalling the Haneda family's conviction that the piece—something he'd never let go of—must now be in the hands of the culprit, Amuro starts to think that the one who killed Koji Haneda is at this very farm.

Meanwhile, Haibara and the others try to go back inside the ranch, but they can't even go in from the back door—it's locked. At this moment, Wakasa pretends that there's broken glass on what she tripped on and makes it so they can go in. Conan hears about the kidnapping from Ayumi who woke up, and realizes the goal of Kanō, Hitsuka and Nanbu from all the information he's gathered.

Spoiler
On 4/12/2020 at 6:20 AM, Aries Bless said:

It's possible that the manager comitted suicide by hanging and his brother found him, got him down and placed him in the bed.

Yep, you nailed it.

In the latest spoiler pics of file 1052, we can see that the blood is coming out of kohji's mouth in amuro's memory of that case file. It concludes that the blood was not wiped when the Kohji's body was found. Which confirms that Kuroda had been involved directely in the case and that he witnessed the corpse earlier than Rumi. At least I think so.

12 hours ago, Rosemary said:

Reveal hidden contents

In the latest spoiler pics of file 1052, we can see that the blood is coming out of kohji's mouth in amuro's memory of that case file. It concludes that the blood was not wiped when the Kohji's body was found. Which confirms that Kuroda had been involved directely in the case and that he witnessed the corpse earlier than Rumi. At least I think so.

Spoiler

Yep, I have to agree with you on that one. Rumi (File 1,032, Page 11 / File 1,033, Page 10) and Mary (File 1,037, Page 4—and this was a flashback, her recollection of the state of his body from 17 years ago, just after he was killed) both recall blood pooling beneath Kōji's face, as well. Even those far removed from the case like Yumi recall Kōji's face having blood pooled beneath it (File 1,043, Page 8). Shinichi/Conan, too, recalls the blood (File 1,042, Page 16).

In the end, Hyōe's recollection from File 987 (Page 2)/Episode 909 is the only one without blood pooling beneath Kōji's face.

Courtesy of Fujiwara and Hoshino Linzz, here are translations of Pages 10-14 and Page 16 of 1,052:

Spoiler

Page 10

Genta: Hm?

Genta: Your back pocket has a hole in it.

Wakasa: What?

Wakasa (internal monologue): I-it’s gone…

Wakasa (internal monologue): I lost it?!

Genta: You must’ve gotten it because you’re clumsy and fall a lot.

Ai: Did you lose anything?

Wakasa: W-well, it wasn’t anything important, anyway…

Genta: Now that I think about it, that Amuro-niichan picked something up earlier.

Genta: Something like a wood chip…

Wakasa: That detective?

Genta: Yes…

Ai: That aside, you should hurry up and call the police.

Wakasa: R-right…

Wakasa: Aah!

Wakasa: No!

Page 11

Wakasa: Ahh!

Ai/Genta: What?!

Ai: Sorry, we’ve lost our means to call the police…

Conan: What? Are you serious?!

Ai: Anyway, the three of us will head to the office and contact you once we’ve arrived.

SFX: huff

SFX: huff

Guy: Damn it!

Guy: Where is it?!

Guy: Where…

Guy: The hell…

Guy: Is this place?!

Page 12

Conan: Huh?

Conan: A beam in the night sky?

Sign: Hatoyama Farm

Conan: That’s what that big guy was watching…?

Mitsu: Yes! He was watching a tokusatsu film.

Mitsu: But there was a quiet voice, saying…

Mitsu: Who is it? Who’s setting off fireworks in the middle of the mountains?

Mitsu: So it might have been some kind of sci-fi comedy…

Kazami: What have you been staring at this whole time?

Amuro: A Shogi piece!

Amuro: I can’t shake the feeling that I’ve seen this bishop piece somewhere before…

Amuro: A piece with a cut on its lower left…

Page 13

Kazami: Speaking of shogi, how 'bout Haneda Shūkichi Meijin!

Kazami: He defended his title again and still holds six titles! Awesome, isn’t he?!

Amuro (internal monologue): Haneda!

Amuro (internal monologue): The one who mysteriously died in America 17 years ago...

Amuro (internal monologue): The genius player, Haneda Kōji!

Amuro (internal monologue): After that incident, the only thing that was missing from his belongings was...

Amuro (internal monologue): A bishop piece, which he always carried around as a charm.

Piece: Bishop (and the rest of the panels)

Amuro (internal monologue): According to the documents of unsolved cases that was shown to us during our training for Public Safety...

Amuro (internal monologue): That bishop was the last piece he moved when he won for the first time against his master in shogi.

Amuro (internal monologue): And his family mentioned (testified) that there’s no way that their son would ever have let go of that piece...

Amuro (internal monologue): So whoever has it now must be the criminal.

Amuro (internal monologue): It's just like the one I saw in the photos back then...

Amuro (internal monologue): The shape of the crack and the letter style on this bishop are extremely similar.

Amuro (internal monologue): Don’t tell me...

Page 14

Amuro (internal monologue): Are they here in this farm?

Amuro (internal monologue): The criminal who murdered Haneda Kōji…

[clack] *2

Ai: It’s really no use...

Ai: The backdoor is also locked.

Genta: Then we can’t enter!

[slip]

[shatter]

Wakasa: Kya!

Ai: Sensei, are you alright?

Genta: You’re not injured anywhere?

Wakasa: Yeah...

Wakasa: But now that the glass shattered, it seems like we can enter, huh?

Genta: Yep!

Page 16

Ayumi: Also, there was something like a reaally long groove...

Ayumi: Dug on the ground.

Conan (internal monologue): A hole on the wall of the chicken farm...

Conan (internal monologue): A trace of something buried right in front of it...

Conan (internal monologue): A video of a beam shooting through the night sky...

Conan (internal monologue): That the kids got scolded for watching...

Conan (internal monologue): Then, the countless number of burnt tree branches...

Conan (internal monologue): And the long groove dug on the ground...

Conan (internal monologue): I finally got it.

Conan (internal monologue): Those three who were on the bus with us...

Conan (internal monologue): I know why they came here!

Side Text: A dark room that’s hard to move around… But things are gradually coming together?!

On 4/10/2020 at 5:12 AM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Hey, there. Been a while. ^_^

Well, this is what happens when yearly file/case output literally drops by half—and in spite of the Akai, Miyano and Morofushi info we've gotten since 2018 (and longer cases in general), Gosho seems to be in no rush to have the big arc confrontation case, so here we are. Volume 100 (Files 1,059–1,069) is not far off, but who knows how many more volumes will come after that.

Suffice to say, once DC's all said and done, newcomers will be able to avoid any potential pacing pitfalls (provided they have a filler guide, of course).

thanks for the update

wish i could have contributed 

but i gave up on DC

21 hours ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

wish i could have contributed 

but i gave up on DC

Yep, franchises, in whatever form they may come, can do that to fans—they can end up breaking the base they built, segmenting the fans into groups, in terms of the perception of quality. When a work first gets conceived and produced—before it becomes a franchise, a brand—be the end product a film trilogy, or the first couple arcs of a comic, those beginning works end up preferred over any works that come after, even if a majority still deems the later works a net positive. To some, I think even a good product pales in comparison to a great product.

Here are 1,053 text spoilers, courtesy of Manaphy:

Spoiler

"The three who were riding the bus were looking for a meteorite which crashed here, perfect for money and research.

In the past, Gisuke found the meteorite, but he met a swindler and was robbed of it—that was the reason he committed suicide.

Umisuke has no intention to kill Conan's group, but he locked them up so they don't get in his way as he takes his revenge against the swindler who pushed his brother to commit suicide.

Conan gets everyone to cooperate with him and thinks about a way to shine a light on the culprit who drove Gisuke into committing suicide."

I think that whatever Conan is planning has something to do with that broken yellow marker. If the con man stepped on it there should be traces of its colouring on his boot.

Here's the 1,054 spoiler summary, courtesy of Baka and nightbaron:

Spoiler

"Conan tells Haibara, 'don’t let your guard down... around Wakasa-sensei...'
It seems that Wakasa lied to the kids and told them that Amuro fainted after losing his footing on the stairs because it became dark after her hands 'accidentally' slipped from the handle of the door. Amuro seems to have bought that and thinks that that little fight was just his imagination... but then he said 'or else' after asserting to himself that it was his imagination."

Side note at the end:
"The one truth... is that RUM candidate, Wakasa Rumi, is awesome in the dark."

Also:
"Next week ZTT, Conan possibly on indefinite break."

Hello DCUniverseAficionado, i want to ask your opinion on amuro statement that he said haneda killer in this farm, we know for sure that amuro is aware that the BO is behind Haneda Murder bc amuro together with vermouth investigated the "ASACA" song, so the fact that amuro still say haneda killer i do think is very important to the main plot in RUM Arc and not a red herring, also Kuroda flashback which you agreed that Kuroda saw haneda earlier than Rumi bc of the lack of blood, now i think that there a big plot twist in this Rum Arc, and it might be RUM not the one responsible for Haneda murder, but someone frame RUM maybe Kuroda, that Why Gin said that RUM screwed up i guess.