Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

Movie 23: The Fist of Blue Sapphire (紺青の拳)

Apologies for the double-post.

I was made aware of this due to the Red Thread FaceBook page:

There's already an (unconfirmed) synopsis of the movie out there—originally posted by @kaitouhayato570 and translated by Kurea.

Spoiler

"There's a murder at Marina Bay, and a KID card is found, but with blood on it.
Sonoko, Makoto and Ran go to Singapore for a karate tournament. Conan stays in Tokyo (for passport reasons). But KID needs him for something, and brings Shinichi to Singapore against his will. There, Shinichi gets everything stolen (watch, clothes, shoes…) and has to follow KID, if he wants to go back to Japan. When he encounters Ran, he makes up a new identity (Arthur "Hirai"). 
And then KID learns where to get the blue sapphire, but has to deal with Makoto."

The content seems to match this article: 

https://www.cinematoday.jp/news/N0105361

19 hours ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

im good

wish the old members were still here

Yeah... Chek seems to be the latest departure. She hasn't posted on either here or DCTP in over a year—I've been curious on her thoughts on everything that's happened since 1,000—my guess is the reveal in 1,008 really didn't sit well with her.

On 12/6/2018 at 7:19 AM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Yeah... Chek seems to be the latest departure. She hasn't posted on either here or DCTP in over a year—I've been curious on her thoughts on everything that's happened since 1,000—my guess is the reveal in 1,008 really didn't sit well with her.

whats the reveal

im curious

put in a box 

6 hours ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

whats the reveal

im curious

put in a box 

Alright, but this reveal is a pretty big deal—I advise you read 1,008 for yourself, first, but if you want to skip that, here it is:

It was revealed in the last few pages of 1,008 that...

Spoiler

Renya Karasuma is the BO boss/Anokata (and Gosho confirmed this in an interview that came out when 1,008 came out, and then confirmed it again in another interview, which actually came out just yesterday).

After all, when it came to discussions about the boss, Chek really didn't care for Karasuma being brought up... but now it turns out he is the boss, after all—I just wonder if that was the straw that broke the camel's back for her, in terms of going to the forums and discussing DC theories.

4 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Alright, but this reveal is a pretty big deal—I advise you read 1,008 for yourself, first, but if you want to skip that, here it is:

It was revealed in the last few pages of 1,008 that...

Hide contents

Renya Karasuma is the BO boss/Anokata (and Gosho confirmed this in an interview that came out when 1,008 came out, and then confirmed it again in another interview, which actually came out just yesterday).

After all, when it came to discussions about the boss, Chek really didn't care for Karasuma being brought up... but now it turns out he is the boss, after all—I just wonder if that was the straw that broke the camel's back for her, in terms of going to the forums and discussing DC theories.

oh cool

so after all the garbage he has shown up

i must return to DC

we used to discus about him back in the day as the boss 

the end will come in 2 years

3 hours ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

oh cool

so after all the garbage he has shown up

i must return to DC

we used to discus about him back in the day as the boss 

the end will come in 2 years

Yep, and this is why I've been saying we've never been closer to the end of DC.

But with his health issues, the tradeoff for that ever increasing closeness to the end is that the amount of Files & Cases we get per year are way down from the usual of years past.

6 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Yep, and this is why I've been saying we've never been closer to the end of DC.

But with his health issues, the tradeoff for that ever increasing closeness to the end is that the amount of Files & Cases we get per year are way down from the usual of years past.

yeah i noticed that

i was like could there only have been this much files since my absence

hope he stops with filler and just gets down to the point

Toho Movie and maidigitv each released the teaser trailer on their YouTube channels today.

Here's the translation of it, courtesy of Spimer:

Spoiler

Text: Original Work
Aoyama Gosho
"Detective Conan" (Serialized in the Shogakukan Weekly "Shonen Sunday")
Kid: "This time around..."
Text: Kaito Kid
Kid: "I've been totally..."
Kid: "Fooled..."
Text: "Desperate Situation"
Conan: "The karateka of 400 consecutive victories, Kyogoku Makoto..."
Conan: "And the darkness of the "country of lions", Singapore..."
Conan: "Face us!"
Kid: "What are you doing here!?"
Text: "Moonlight Magician VS"
Text: "Young Nobleman of Kicks"
Makoto: "I don't need to answer!"
Movie: "Detective Conan, The Movie:"
Kid&Conan: "The First of Blue Sapphire!!"
Ran: "What's your name, boy?"
Conan: "Huh!? My name is..."
Conan: "Arthur Hirai!!"

This confirms that the contents of this unofficial plot synopsis that had been floating around are the real deal:

Spoiler

"There's a murder at Marina Bay, and a KID card is found, but with blood on it.
Sonoko, Makoto and Ran go to Singapore for a karate tournament. Conan stays in Tokyo (for passport reasons). But KID needs him for something, and brings Shinichi to Singapore against his will. There, Shinichi gets everything stolen (watch, clothes, shoes…) and has to follow KID, if he wants to go back to Japan. When he encounters Ran, he makes up a new identity (Arthur "Hirai"). 
And then KID learns where to get the blue sapphire, but has to deal with Makoto."

(Originally posted by @kaitouhayato570 and translated by Kurea.

This synopsis was also corroborated by this article: 
https://www.cinematoday.jp/news/N0105361)

UPDATE:

And here's the official synopsis of Movie 23, also translated by Spimer:

Spoiler

The world's greatest blue sapphire, the "blue lapis fist", said to have sunk in a pirate ship in the late 19th century, on the coasts of Singapore. 

A local millionaire plots to retrieve it, and when it's exhibited in an exhibition at the Singaporean Marina Sands hotel, a murder takes place. A bloody Kaito Kid announcement card is found in the crime scene.

In the meantime, Ran and Sonoko have come to Singapore to see a karate tournament held there. Conan, who doesn't have a passport and can't travel overseas, was supposed to stay at home.  
But Kid, who wants to make use of him, uses a magical trick to forcibly drag him to Singapore. Conan must obey Kid if he wants to get back to Japan, gets his glasses, wristwatch and clothes, amongst others, all stolen from him and he has to disguise himself. 

Ran, who doesn't realize who he is, asks him his name and he improvises the name Arthur Hirai (!?)

Kid eventually gets a hold of information about the "fist" being stored in a manor's underground vault. Just when he was thinking that he'd made it inside very easily, he finds a dangerous trap awaiting him.

Facing him is the strongest karateka with 400 consecutive victories: Kyougoku Makoto. What'll happen to Kid...!?

And as if it were a sign of something ominous, crimson water flows out from the Singaporean symbols, the Merlions!

Catchphrase:
The "legendary secret treasure" buried in the seabed time ago awakens a darkness that echoes across the "country of lions (Singapore)"!!

Apologies for the double post.

Both a 30 second and a 90 second trailer were just released on Toho Movie's YouTube channel.

The official song of the movie will be "Blue Sapphire" by Hiroomi Tosaka.

Here's a translation of the 90 second trailer, courtesy of Spimer:

Spoiler

Kid: "I need your help this time around, Detective!"
Conan: "Huh!?"
Original Work: Aoyama Gosho (Detective Conan) (Serialized in Shogakukan Shonen Sunday)
Conan: "A murder in Singapore..."
Conan: "A bloody notice card from Kid..."
Conan: "His target is..."
Text: The legendary secret treasure "Blue Sapphire"
Conan: "The legendary secret treasure...!"
Conan: "However...!"
Conan: "The strongest karateka with a streak of 400 victories..."
Conan: "Kyogoku Makoto, gets on his way!"
Kid: "Huh! What are you doing here!?"
Makoto: "I needn't answer!"
Conan: "Kid...Why did you bring me here...?"
Kid: "Guess the contents, Detective..."
Kid: "The contents of this mysterious () called a "murder"..."
Text (vertical, from left to right): "Magic, Detective, Kick"
Detective: "I think we'll solve the issue with Kid soon enough"
Text: "A huge "darkness" springs into action"
Sonoko: "I don't want a man full of lies to protect me!"
Ran: "Hey, Shinichi...We're a couple, aren't we?"
Conan: "I know that you're the mastermind behind this!"
Conan: "The legendary secret treasure buried in the seabed..."
Conan: "Will awaken the "darkness" of Singapore after a long time...!"
Conan: "Don't tell me that he---!"
Text: "One age---"
Makoto: "Please! Don't get away from me again!"
Text: "Is coming to an end"
Kid: "Stealing treasures is my job!"
Conan: "Don't die, Kid!!"
Conan: "Detective Conan, the movie!"
Kid&Conan: "The Fist of Blue Sapphire!"

12 hours ago, cartrucks said:

Doesn't Conan look more tan than usual (almost as dark as Heiji)? Or is that just because of the lighting in the trailers?

No, it's not the lighting—Shinichi/Conan even called himself "Arthur Hirai" to Ran in the December trailer, so it seems to be a disguise applied to him by Kid.

On 2/25/2019 at 11:50 AM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

No, it's not the lighting—Shinichi/Conan even called himself "Arthur Hirai" to Ran in the December trailer, so it seems to be a disguise applied to him by Kid.

Considering Kid can almost perfectly transform into anyone he fancies, Conan's disguise doesn't seem very thorough nor foolproof...

Hopefully Ran stays as clueless as ever :lol:

This disguise magic looks like just a tanning. Everyone can go to a tanning bed and be the Arthur Hirai, though it isn't healthy to do such thing.

Sincerely I'm more curious about how Kid did the fake documents.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:12 PM, Number80 said:

This disguise magic looks like just a tanning. Everyone can go to a tanning bed and be the Arthur Hirai, though it isn't healthy to do such thing.

Sincerely I'm more curious about how Kid did the fake documents.

I'm assuming your question about the fake documents is about how Kid got Conan to Singapore without trouble at the airport, right? I haven't seen the movie yet, but maybe Kid just put Conan in the suitcase and gave him to the airport workers to put on the plane (I saw awesome fanart of this haha: https://mobile.twitter.com/BakaThief/status/1098994898047512576/photo/1)

And probably Kid gave Conan the spray on tan because a mask may not last as long...IDK. I don't think it's a permanent thing (as the one shot in one of the trailers shows Conan back with his normal skin color), but as I write this now, I realize that whether Kaito gave Conan a mask or tan, neither of them might last that long LOL.

On 5/10/2019 at 5:55 AM, Kaito Kid 1412 Moonlight said:

does anyone know  where i can watch this online

It just came out on DVD on October 2nd: It'll probably be a month or a month and a half until it's released online