Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 1,022–File 1,026: Azengers Assemble

RULES

1. Please use spoiler boxes until a full English translation is available.

2. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler images are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

The two-month hiatus is at an end! :D

1,022 spoiler pics are now out:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5957361729

Spoiler

Masumi, Sonoko and Ran appear alongside Makoto in 1,022.

It seems that Makoto is once again (Bowling Alley Murder Case – File 859–File 861/Episode 744–Episode 745) going to be suspected of murder.

No break next week—we can expect 1,023 spoiler pics at this time next week.

Here are some text spoilers, once again from Mycroft:

Spoiler

"The chapter starts when Conan, Makoto,Sonoko,Masumi and Ran finshed watching movie "Azengers" (which is of course Avengers) and they talk about that the cast Added kamen Yaiba to the superheros of the movie for more sellings
Then Sonoko says that she is walking with a strong army (Masumi, Ran, Makoto) and she says that Makoto would help her if the movie happend in the real life .
while they were walking, they faced a kidnapping case so Makoto try to rescue the girl then they discover that all of this was a scene of a movie filming.
So the film director shows his admiration of Makoto body and offer him to work with them as an alternative actor in the police series (detective 48)
After that the preparation starts , in the end the actor dies"

And one more thing:

Spoiler

"In the next issue we will get the movie poster and the movie title"

UPDATE:

1,023 text spoilers are out, courtesy of Mycroft:

Spoiler

"The title of the chapter is 'Strange drug'

Masumi: When shinichi-kun shows up , Conan-kun disappears 
Ran: what do you mean?
Masumi: I mean.... that thing

Masumi and Ran gonna talk about Shinichi and the "Drug" in the last 2 pages of the chapter."

File 1,023 Spoiler Pics are out, as well:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5968700416

2 hours ago, Kurara-chan said:

Anything plot related yet? 

Well...

There's this.

Spoiler

File 1,023

Page 15

Takagi: It seems like both the drugs and the case are not related to this incident…
Megure: Yeah…
Sera: …

Sera: Speaking about drugs…
Sera: I have something to ask to Ran-kun…

Sera: Your boyfriend…
Sera: Didn’t he drink some strange drugs?
Conan: What?

Ran: Boyfriend… You mean, Shinichi?
Sera: Sometimes he looked really sick, didn’t he?

Sonoko: Yeah, his face often turned blue and he looked like he’s going to die…
Sonoko: But a few moments later he’d act as if nothing happened!
Ran: I wonder if that was because he drank some kind of drugs?

Sera: So you’ve never seen him taking the drugs by yourself?
Ran: Y-yeah…

Sera: Well then, I’ll frankly ask you...

Page 16

Sera: When Shinichi-kun is around…
Sera: Conan-kun isn’t, right?

Ran: What…
Ran: What do you mean?

Sera: What I mean…

Sera: Is exactly *that*!

Side text: Sera, striking right to the core; what will flustered Conan do…?!

Apologies for the double post.

1,024 spoiler pics are now out:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5972925373

As are translations:

https://imgur.com/a/O9RCqfF

Magazine break next week—we can expect 1,025 spoilers in two weeks.

UPDATE:

Here are text spoilers from 1,024, courtesy of Wheel of Fate and Baka, and translated by Mezoo and Mycroft:

Spoiler

"Masumi says to Ran that she meant “that thing”. Ran responds that Conan and Shinichi have appeared together once in the past. Masumi is hesitant and seems surprised that this indeed happened, to which Ran responds that it was at the School Play. And when she went the next day to his house both Conan and Shinichi were there. She looks back to Sonoko and says "Isn't that right?", and she confirms. Ran asks Masumi whether she thinks that Conan and Shinichi are the same person, but Masumi gets confused and doesn’t know what to respond. Instead Ran is telling her that she was thinking about that more than once ("think about it there should be something like magic") until the School Play happened. Ran turns around to Conan and says “You are Conan, right?” (same as in Yusaku's Cold Case), to which Masumi stays silent and Conan starts laughing.
The assistant director Odori was killed as expected and something like a butterfly was found in the pocket of his trousers.

Spoiler

Seems to me like Ran has realized more than she's letting on, here—even though she's deflecting Masumi's suspicions, she seems to harbor them, herself.

We'll need more context, but it seems that Ran's undercurrent of suspicion about Conan Edogawa's identity is about to become more than just the long-running undercurrent it's been since her last suspicion arc (479–483/398–400). In fact, this reminds me of the period where she actually believed Conan was Shinichi (134–257/96–192).

UPDATE (#2):
Here are more 1,024 text spoilers, courtesy of Mycroft:

Spoiler

"Ok, it seems that Masumi is not persuaded after the Conversation about the desperate revival Case, although that first of all she got shocked but then she seemed not Convinced at all and a bit of frustrated cuz she was sure that Shinichi and Conan are the same person
And the conclusion of this maybe direct us to a recklessness behaviour from Masumi incase Conan didn't do anything to stop her.
More excitingly the case itself Cuz Odori got poisoned and killed and although he got poisoned from his drink but there is no poison trace on the straw (the same thing happened in desperate rivival case)
More importantly is the investigation process which is a hint for a something bigger gonna happen soon which is the real trick of the first murder"

A rare lots of suspect.

I just realized that Conan likes to conspire with older siblings to not telling younger siblings. Younger siblings should unite to punish him. 

1 more week of waiting. 

1 hour ago, Kurara-chan said:

A rare lots of suspect.

Spoiler

Hoegi switching the drinks around from the start via the labels wouldn't work, I think, since Jinmei wasn't poisoned—he'd thus have to switch them after she had a sip.

I'd be very surprised if Jinmei turned out to be the culprit.

Tomioko got the iced coffee, which was the murder weapon in the school play part of Desperate Revival—if he couldn't use ice (like the culprit from back then did), then maybe he slipped something else in while he made to hand it off to Odori. Maybe Odori inhaled the poison, rather than swallowed it.

It seems like, though, Aburai was still looking up after the victim fell in the video—the video that allowed Odori to figure out the culprit—though all she did for the drinks was give out the straw for Odori, which wasn't poisoned. Unless she's the one who switched the drinks, but it seems to me that Hoegi and Tomioko were the only ones who could've made the switch via the labels.

I think that the poison was in a capsule, that was placed inside the straw. Jinmei, Hoegi and Aburai were in possesion of medicin in capsules. Jenmei removed her straw after having taken a sip. She could of course have push the capsule into the drink, but there is no sure way that the capsule would enter the straw while drinking it. And if the capsule had dissolved in the drink, there would have been traces of the poison. I think that Aburai is the most suspicious one, since it was her who handed over the straw and said 'You can give it to the A.D.'.

1 hour ago, Aries Bless said:

I think that the poison was in a capsule, that was placed inside the straw. Jinmei, Hoegi and Aburai were in possesion of medicin in capsules. Jenmei removed her straw after having taken a sip. She could of course have push the capsule into the drink, but there is no sure way that the capsule would enter the straw while drinking it. And if the capsule had dissolved in the drink, there would have been traces of the poison. I think that Aburai is the most suspicious one, since it was her who handed over the straw and said 'You can give it to the A.D.'.

Yeah, that would explain why there were no traces of poison.

It could be Hoegi, but between those two, my bet is on Aburai, as well—as you point out, she's the one who gave out the straw that Odori ultimately used, thus giving her the best opportunity and the most control over the situation (so she wouldn't accidentally poison someone else).

12 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Yeah, that would explain why there were no traces of poison.

It could be Hoegi, but between those two, my bet is on Aburai, as well—as you point out, she's the one who gave out the straw that Odori ultimately used, thus giving her the best opportunity and the most control over the situation (so she wouldn't accidentally poison someone else).

Yes, Aburai could be the most suspicious one for me too, since she also had relationship with the deceased P.A. for her motive, but I don't have any proof. May I spoil some possibility of some trick? Just don't read it if you hate about trick-spoiling.

The Tokuzono's case might be the easy one to explain if Tokuzono has Entomophobia, fear of bug (in scene when Aburai said that eyelashes can be like centipede if sticked together). And Odori found something in the fourth floor which it may be the butterfly thingy called "flying butterfly"(Forensic found it as one of Odori's, and Makoto said he heard something buzzing/flapping).

People use that to prank someone. The trick is simple. You place the butterfly under/inside something (which in this case, Tokuzono's phone) and when someone take/open that, the butterfly will fly and surprise you, even you don't have Entomophobia. But I don't think Aoyama-san would write such a simple trick like that (Perhaps).

Well, I can't prove it right. There are many unexplainable things.

The hard one is the poisoning case. We can assume that the trick is on the straw. But still no clue except the medicine in capsule and some of suspect's act when taking Odori's shake. It should be explained in File 1025. By the way, these are still not explaining who is the culprit.

On 12/16/2018 at 3:58 AM, Aries Bless said:

The straws were in paper bags. If Aburai wasn't going to use hers, why was it out of it's paper bag?

If that's so, then nice catch!

Hide contents

The Tokuzono's case might be the easy one to explain if Tokuzono has Entomophobia, fear of bug (in scene when Aburai said that eyelashes can be like centipede if sticked together). And Odori found something in the fourth floor which it may be the butterfly thingy called "flying butterfly"(Forensic found it as one of Odori's, and Makoto said he heard something buzzing/flapping).

People use that to prank someone. The trick is simple. You place the butterfly under/inside something (which in this case, Tokuzono's phone) and when someone take/open that, the butterfly will fly and surprise you, even you don't have Entomophobia.

Spoiler

Yeah, that sounds like how it went down.

We just got 1,025 spoilers, courtesy of Mycroft:

Spoiler

"In this chapter we will see flashback of Miyano family  , we gonna see "Shiho" , and the story behind "Mery" shrinking and "Masumi's" reaction back then"

EDIT:

Spoiler pic of 1,025 now out:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5984952927

Break next week—we can expect 1,026 spoilers (and the conclusion of this case) around January 4th.

Sincere apologies for the triple post, but...

More spoiler pics are out for 1,025... and they're pretty big:

https://imgur.com/a/GvGnBGe

Spoiler

They reveal that Mary shrank in London. After she told Masumi she was going to meet with Tsutomu, she went to do that... and came back shrunk.

And then... there's some thoughts from Shiho/Ai about the whole drug conundrum, where she claims that one of the drugs her parents made was the one that would go on to shrink her and Shinichi—so I presume this means that the de-aging part of the APTX that she made as Sherry came from their data that was left behind from that fire. We still need more pages—more context—here.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:32 PM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Sincere apologies for the triple post, but...

More spoiler pics are out for 1,025... and they're pretty big:

https://imgur.com/a/GvGnBGe

Reveal hidden contents

They reveal that Mary shrank in London. After she told Masumi she was going to meet with Tsutomu, she went to do that... and came back shrunk.

And then... there's some thoughts from Shiho/Ai about the whole drug conundrum, where she claims that one of the drugs her parents made was the one that would go on to shrink her and Shinichi—so I presume this means that the de-aging part of the APTX that she made as Sherry came from their data that was left behind from that fire. We still need more pages—more context—here.

Spoiler

So many unanswered questions...

Mary was shrunk around 5-8 years ago, if her body was shrunk to 6-7 years old too. She is currently around middle school age?

Were the Miyanos dead because of their link to Mary and Tsutomu? Or because they want to stop their research? Or it was actually a real accident?

They accepted the sponsorship from Karasuma Group and close their clinic around 18-19 years ago, during Elena was 3 months with Shiho.

The organization seemed to be spying on them around 20 years ago already? Why? Is it because of Vermouth?

I do wonder how Vermouth is unable to age though. Side effect of the drug because of her body is somewhat special?

Judging on that Masumi appears to be the same age in her memories as she is now, I think that Mary hasn't been shrunk in more than a year. I think Mary shrunked to a middle school age is because she is in reality much older than Shinichi and Shiho who are both at high school age, and therefore both shrunk to elementary school age. It seems that the organization lured Mary out with a message forged to be from her husband, and once she arrived, they grabbed her and poisoned her. But if Mary is Haibara's aunt, could the thing that makes them shrink by the poison instead of dying be genetic?

10 hours ago, Kurara-chan said:
Spoiler

Mary was shrunk around 5-8 years ago

Spoiler

Masumi would've been 9-12 years old, if that was the case—and she's clearly not that young in the flashback. Plus, she and Mary didn't leave Japan for England until Masumi was 14.

So as Aries Bless suggested, she had to have been shrunk within the past year.

16 hours ago, Aries Bless said:

Judging on that Masumi appears to be the same age in her memories as she is now, I think that Mary hasn't been shrunk in more than a year. I think Mary shrunked to a middle school age is because she is in reality much older than Shinichi and Shiho who are both at high school age, and therefore both shrunk to elementary school age. It seems that the organization lured Mary out with a message forged to be from her husband, and once she arrived, they grabbed her and poisoned her. But if Mary is Haibara's aunt, could the thing that makes them shrink by the poison instead of dying be genetic?

12 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Hide contents

Masumi would've been 9-12 years old, if that was the case—and she's clearly not that young in the flashback. Plus, she and Mary didn't leave Japan for England until Masumi was 14.

So as Aries Bless suggested, she had to have been shrunk within the past year.

Spoiler

Yup, I have just finished the chapter, seems like she was shrunk with Shiho's pill.

Maybe Vermouth was involved with the bait and the forgery, since Akai dad went missing years ago? (I kinda forgot the plot about Papa Akai)

4 hours ago, Kurara-chan said:
Spoiler

Maybe Vermouth was involved with the bait and the forgery, since Akai dad went missing years ago? (I kinda forgot the plot about Papa Akai)

Spoiler

She and Bourbon already baited Masumi, so it's certainly a possibility that Mary came face to face with a disguised Vermouth.

Well, keep it in the back of your mind, 'cause it's probably going to be important for the resolution of this arc.

Somehow, we got 1,026 spoiler pics—they came a full week earlier than expected: ^_^

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5992388650

Unfortunately, there will be a four week break after 1,026—we likely won't get spoiler pics for 1,027 until February 8th.

Spoiler

Hard to tell if Aburai is having her culprit breakdown moment, or if she's having a non-culprit breakdown—we don't see Hoegi, there (even though we do see Aburai, Tomioko and Jinmei), so maybe he was the culprit, and got taken away (and Jinmei's and Tomioko's reactions to Ran's moment with Aburai seem to imply that she's not the culprit). Right now, my bet is on Hoegi was the culprit, got taken away, then Aburai breaks down, and has her moment with Ran—so I guess him looking up at where Tokuzono fell before he fell was what exposed him to Odori. I thought it would be Aburai, but it seems my runner up was our culprit, this time. Gotta say, I didn't expect this case to be a 5-file serial murder case.

Unfortunately, there are only 2 spoiler pics (Page 1 and Page 16), so we can't tell, as of right now, whether there are anymore Miyano/Sera (APTX) details to be given in 1,026 before the case ends.

• Upvote 1

Well, 1,026 text spoilers came out...

Spoiler

And I stand corrected—looks like Aburai did indeed kill them, and my first choice was right, after all. Yep, I should've waited for the full context. -_-

I just didn't account for her trying to commit suicide after she was exposed, and Ran, Masumi and Makoto teaming up to stop her from succeeding.

Here are the 1,026 text spoilers, courtesy of Jecka and Sakaki:

Spoiler

"With Sera investigating Conan, he has to use Sonoko, but there’s nothing really past that (as in she doesn’t really poke further except crack a joke saying “so have you figured out the culprit Deduction Queen-kun?”
Ran: “Kun?”)
Apparently Conan through Sonoko asks Makoto to take Sera away bc she’s being a nuisance. Note: Sera knows Conan uses Sonoko when Kogoro isn’t around.
It’s Hideka Aburai who did it. She did it because one of the guys who was in the main role got hurt while filming but due to him not wanting to bother others he did the driving anyway. She wondered if he had been killed for a while and wasn't going to murder anyone, but the director coldly commented that someone should have taken his place.
After she's been busted, she runs into a car...and is about to drive it into a wall to commit suicide, but Sera manages to get on the side window. She breaks the window with her knee, and Makoto grabs the car from behind and lifts it slightly off the ground.This slows her down and Ran busts the other window out and drags her out the car.
It’s here where Ran quote Shizuka and the director is reminded of Yukiko."

Sera's been pretty obvious about knowing, and I almost expect she'd drop a bomb here. Not yet, I guess. 

Also, Gosho's taking a lot of research breaks lately. Are these research trips for chapters much further ahead? This chapter didn't LOOK like it needed any particular reference, but maybe I just don't know my stuff. 

15 minutes ago, Kitahata said:

Sera's been pretty obvious about knowing, and I almost expect she'd drop a bomb here. Not yet, I guess. 

Also, Gosho's taking a lot of research breaks lately. Are these research trips for chapters much further ahead? This chapter didn't LOOK like it needed any particular reference, but maybe I just don't know my stuff. 

the long frequent breaks is so that Gosho doesn't overwork himself and worsen his health, since he has had a lot of health issues (like many Mangakas) due to overworking (a common thing in the japanese culture). He used to sleep 3 hours a day in the last decades, but now with these long breaks between cases, he is sleeping much better.

On 1/23/2019 at 4:20 PM, Kitahata said:

On 1/23/2019 at 4:34 PM, MeiTanteixX said:

the long frequent breaks is so that Gosho doesn't overwork himself and worsen his health, since he has had a lot of health issues (like many Mangakas) due to overworking (a common thing in the japanese culture). He used to sleep 3 hours a day in the last decades, but now with these long breaks between cases, he is sleeping much better.

The tradeoff for these longer breaks has been an increased pace and big developments—a healthier Gosho, taking us further headlong into the thick of things. Sounds good to me—and it has been pretty good, taking the past 13 months into account. ^_^

• Upvote 1