Detective Conan World
Ikasul

When will Detective Conan end?

Recently I stumbled over an interview with Gosho Aoyama, in which he talked about the overall state of the series. In said interview, he mentioned, that he is halfway through the story and at that point he just started his 500th chapter. For all who are a little bit capable in math, it should be obvious that this would mean DC is near it's end.

And this is something I don't like to hear at all!
The reason for that is not, that I think Detective Conan should go on forever. On the contrary, I want it to end with a final, which connects and finishes all story lines and exactly that's why I think Gosho should write on a little bit longer. I just feel, that the story has to many unanswered questions and lose story ends, which need more than 200 episode to be solved in a satisfying way. Haibara's story line with her parents, for example, is not finished at all, the same goes for Vermouth. We don't even know who Rum is and let's not mention the bosses identity. and to top this all off, from what we've seen of the org, it seems like an enormous organisation. You can't just shut them down easily in 20 episodes, that would seem so unrealistic.

Of course the information from this interview is very vague and pretty much outdated, so we should not take it as absolutely true. Still, I think that the story won't go on for too long, so we might as well talk about it right now. So, I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter, how long will this story go on and how will it eventually end?

• Like 1

I wouldn't put much stock into that statement if he really said that. If that were true, DC would've ended around 1000 chapters, and we're currently at 1021. It's similar to the One Piece editors/Oda saying the story is like 60-70% done every few years in an article. Now that Gosho goes at a pace that likely won't lead to a burn out, DC should continue for quite some time. There's still a lot more we need to know, and we've been getting some progress as of late. Maybe like 5-7 more years? not really sure.