Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 1,013–1,017: Bayside Shakedown

RULES

1. Please use spoiler boxes until a full English translation is available.

2. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler images are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

From Weibo Blogger Aterufa-Iomo:

https://www.facebook.com/DCTheRedThread/videos/1864050700313541/

Three spoiler pics of 1,013.

The full file will come out in Shōnen Sunday #28, on the 6th.

Also, there is no break next week—we can expect 1,014 spoilers around this time, next week.

3 hours ago, Lambrusco said:

Are we finally going to see what happened in the Kudo's house?

We’re probably not gonna find out what was said in that meeting until after a big confrontation with Rum (or another serial murder case that Rum takes interest in).

In other words, Gosho can’t reveal what they talked about yet because it would spoil the plan Team Shinichi/Conan came up with (to deal with Rum’s interest in Shinichi) during this meeting.

Spoiler

Right now, he just wants us to think that Hyōe Kuroda is Rum, thus diverting our attention from the character who is actually Rum.

Chapter in English is out! Gosho will take another few weeks break... I guess a big arc is coming...

On 2/7/2018 at 5:52 PM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Hide contents

Right now, he just wants us to think that Hyōe Kuroda is Rum, thus diverting our attention from the character who is actually Rum.

Spoiler

Seems like he left us with the pseudo-confirmation that Kuroda is Rum, when probably he actually is Zero's superior by the secret police's side. He calls him Bourbon because, as a superior, he is aware of his position and movements inside the organization, as well as his new mission.

Do you have any other theory? 

Now, kind of changing the topic, do you think that Ran will have a meaningful paper in this arc?

I agree with Lambrusco on this one.

The "reveal" at the end is a complete red herring. If anything, this is some pretty solid evidence that Kuroda is NOT Rum, at least in my mind. 

I do like that Aoyama-sensei finally allowed Chiba to find out Naeko was the girl he remembered. The whole thing with him never finding out was starting to get stale. Changes to the status quo are good. This gives me some hope that Aoyama-sensei will finally allow some of the other developments the series needs.