Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Unresolved plots in Detective Conan!

I wonder if the BO even has a headquarters? It makes a lot of sense to operate in a decentralized fashion so the BO don't keep too much compromising information in one place in case somewhere gets discovered, and so they can destroy a base without setting themselves back too much. I suppose you can call the location of the boss the headquarters, but what if nothing of importance is there besides the boss?

I wonder if the BO even has a headquarters? It makes a lot of sense to operate in a decentralized fashion so the BO don't keep too much compromising information in one place in case somewhere gets compromised, and so they can destroy a base without setting themselves back too much. I suppose you call the location of the boss the headquarters, but what if nothing of importance is there besides the boss?

I really can agree with what Chek's saying here.

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong (and lecture me for being oh-so-anime-reliant), but I do recall there being a shipyard of some sort in the background when Kir calls. Could one of the BO operation centers be an abandoned dock or something?

I wonder if the BO even has a headquarters? It makes a lot of sense to operate in a decentralized fashion so the BO don't keep too much compromising information in one place in case somewhere gets compromised, and so they can destroy a base without setting themselves back too much. I suppose you call the location of the boss the headquarters, but what if nothing of importance is there besides the boss?

That is an interesting idea to consider about. I sometimes also have that thought bothering me. Therefore I typed the "Boss' living place" option, in case there is no such thing as "BO Headquarter" and "main hide-out", thus the only mystery left is Anokata's location (The "/" in my list stands for "or" btw, it doesn't mean that those 3 terms are pointing towards the same thing).

I doubt that someone who is cautious as The Boss would build a fancy and too noticeable building as the main hide-out of the BO. If something like that does exist, it should be underground or something like that.

And like Chekhov said, the correctness of the term "HQ" depends on the identity of the Boss and the true significance of the BO. E.g. If Kogoro was Anokata, than we couldn't just consider "The Mouri Detective Agency" as a HQ. And if the BO only have like 20- members in total, I don't think that they even need a HQ.

One thing that has never been addressed is if Megure has a family or not, besides Midori. We know he's married, but it's never confirmed whether he has any kids or not. Assuming he's older than Kogoro (who is 37) his kids should be grown, if he has any, but they're never seen. I wonder why...

I have a question about the bombing case where Takagi-keiji nearly found out Conan's real identity.

When the elevator brake was blown up and the elevator started descending quickly Takagi wasn't even in the elevator. How did Takagi end up IN the elevator and what happened to the stuffed bear? It would've been impossible to get in or out of the elevator with it dropping so quickly.

@Chek: I only have one problem about your speculation about the first use of APTX on Shinichi. Assuming that the APTX was successful in killing Kudo, it would still be treated as a murder. Even if the blow to the head from the pipe did not kill him, it would be assumed that foul play was used. APTX is not the only undetectable toxin in the world. There are several which are undetectable in the blood stream. Granted, if there was no other evidence it would naturally become a cold case, but it would still be an open murder investigation that the MPD would take *very* seriously considering who the murder victim would have been. The mere fact that Gin struck him in the head with a pipe ruined the chances of it being seen as a mere heart attack, because at that point it is seen as a violent crime. Even IF the conclusion was that the blow to the head caused a shock that resulted in a lethal heart attack. Remember, his face was face down and the wound was on the back of the head... nothing around that he could have hit the back of his head on...

As for there being a centralized location for the BO... I doubt it. My theory is that they have cover stories and control corporations and labs, so it is a decentralized organization, much like many organized crime syndicates are. It does a few things in that case, the first is creates back-ups in case one cover is taken down, there are others that won't be. Also it prevents large scale busts. It also protects the boss, because if the covers are self sufficient he/she doesn't need to be as involved and thus cannot be fully implicated in anything unless they can make solid connections. Assuming the BO is smart, their phones are encrypted or are all using burn phones, which are untraceable, so the boss cannot be implicated in that. And I have made the argument before that within the labs for making toxins, they have their in-house documents and their public documents. Their public documents show a different story and a different focus on research, while the in-house is their real documentation that can be destroyed in case it is compromised (like the computer files on that floppy that were destroyed by Night Baron).

I am fairly certain that this is the case. They could have a base of operations in an abandoned warehouse on the pier, but I think it is more likely that they have control of an active warehouse or shipping company that they use for their own means that looks completely normal on paper (assuming that they actually have a base of operations there).

What I am more curious about is if they have agents infiltrated into the police, military and government (I'm pretty sure they have infiltrated the Government). That would be especially helpful for the training of their snipers. Both the police and military train snipers for certain situations and looks completely normal.

@Chek: I only have one problem about your speculation about the first use of APTX on Shinichi. Assuming that the APTX was successful in killing Kudo, it would still be treated as a murder. Even if the blow to the head from the pipe did not kill him, it would be assumed that foul play was used.

Unless I made a serious error (Which is possible, but I don't think so if you are referring to this post from page 3), I never said Shinichi's death via APTX 4869 would look like a "natural" death. Presumably in absence of other trauma, using APTX would create the impression of a "natural" death, but Shinichi did have the clonk on the head that you mentioned. I presume if APTX isn't detected, forensics will suspect the head injury was the cause of the fatality. It's a murder, but one anyone with strength can pull off, so for the Black Org it is "better" than using a gun because only a high level criminal would have one of those - narrowing the suspect pool quite a bit. Shinichi probably made a few enemies considering his case solving which Gin could probably deduce on the spot without knowing Shinichi before. (Megure familiar with him, people recognized Shinichi meaning fame, clearly skilled at case solving)

I have a question about the bombing case where Takagi-keiji nearly found out Conan's real identity.

When the elevator brake was blown up and the elevator started descending quickly Takagi wasn't even in the elevator. How did Takagi end up IN the elevator and what happened to the stuffed bear? It would've been impossible to get in or out of the elevator with it dropping so quickly.

Super Takagi flying leap as it dropped?

Unless I made a serious error (Which is possible, but I don't think so if you are referring to this post from page 3), I never said Shinichi's death via APTX 4869 would look like a "natural" death. Presumably in absence of other trauma, using APTX would create the impression of a "natural" death, but Shinichi did have the clonk on the head that you mentioned. I presume if APTX isn't detected, forensics will suspect the head injury was the cause of the fatality. It's a murder, but one anyone with strength can pull off, so for the Black Org it is "better" than using a gun because only a high level criminal would have one of those - narrowing the suspect pool quite a bit. Shinichi probably made a few enemies considering his case solving which Gin could probably deduce on the spot without knowing Shinichi before. (Megure familiar with him, people recognized Shinichi meaning fame, clearly skilled at case solving)

I was indeed. And unfortunately forensics is able to determine if it was head trauma or not that caused death. And if the head trauma was not enough to kill (which it wasn't) a murder investigation would be opened, regardless of the facts. Unexplained deaths of people in places they aren't supposed to or expected to be are usually treated as such. And as I said... this being Shinichi, the police would treat it as such regardless, and even IF they didn't (which they probably would) Yuusaku would have taken up the investigation...(Come to think of it, that would have made for an awesome series... Yuusaku vs BO... Why does that seem more appealing than what we have now?)

I was indeed. And unfortunately forensics is able to determine if it was head trauma or not that caused death. And if the head trauma was not enough to kill (which it wasn't) a murder investigation would be opened, regardless of the facts. Unexplained deaths of people in places they aren't supposed to or expected to be are usually treated as such. And as I said... this being Shinichi, the police would treat it as such regardless, and even IF they didn't (which they probably would) Yuusaku would have taken up the investigation...(Come to think of it, that would have made for an awesome series... Yuusaku vs BO... Why does that seem more appealing than what we have now?)

yea... The forensics would've known at sight that the blow on the head wasn't close to fatal...It would definitely lead to further investigations....and I wonder, how did the BO conclude Shinichi's death when there wasn't even a corpse! One of the reason might've been the conclusion that SHiho gave the BO in her report but that seems to be impossible to miss, especially with the fact that BO is a professional syndicate....

The most likely explanation for Conan recognising Sera is because of her resemblance to Akai Shuuichi. Sera seeming to 'know Shinichi' is probably based off her comment about her understanding about people being huge Holmes fans from a long time ago, right? I, personally, take the opinion that that comment refers to her knowing someone else in the past who also had an obsession like that, possibly even the same one. In this case, I think that person would be Akai, who appears to be her brother and whose obsession would either be 'Holmes' like Shinichi (if Okiya is Akai, then this is even more possible considering Okiya's Holmes quote) or it could be him becoming obsessive over his work in the FBI, though I find the Holmes one more probable myself.

i think that alot of the plots are unresolved mainly because they want you to stay tuned

so if you want to know the ending to one thing and they havent mentioned it at all it is probably because they keeping you on the hook

Here are several that I've been thinking of:

1. During his final moments, Pisco indicated to Gin that he "had a general idea of [sherry's] whereabouts," but, as we all know, didn't get to share the details while he was still alive. What if Pisco had been allowed to continue that conversation along those lines? Aside from Ai, could he also have known who Conan really was?

2. It seems that although Eisuke knows who Conan really is, he doesn't know the details of how Shinichi became Conan. How would he react if he were to learn of those details?

Here are several that I've been thinking of:

1. During his final moments, Pisco indicated to Gin that he "had a general idea of [sherry's] whereabouts," but, as we all know, didn't get to share the details while he was still alive. What if Pisco had been allowed to continue that conversation along those lines? Aside from Ai, could he also have known who Conan really was?

Pisco was trying to bargain with Gin for his life here, so he needed to be vague about what he knew to maintain his information advantage, that info being that Shiho was now six/seven.
2. It seems that although Eisuke knows who Conan really is, he doesn't know the details of how Shinichi became Conan. How would he react if he were to learn of those details?

It would probably resolve his curiosity. I think Eisuke is able to guess the Organization his sister is infiltrating may have something to do with it because Shinichi is involved with the FBI who are fighting them as well.

Pisco was trying to bargain with Gin for his life here, so he needed to be vague about what he knew to maintain his information advantage, that info being that Shiho was now six/seven.

OK, but that doesn't answer another part of my question: Given what he knew about Ai, could he have been able to put two and two together and realize who Conan really was?

OK, but that doesn't answer another part of my question: Given what he knew about Ai, could he have been able to put two and two together and realize who Conan really was?

Pisco didn't know Shinichi as far as we know.

Edit: Reply to Kyuu below

I mean "didn't know Shinichi" in the sense that Pisco will not think of Shinichi as a solution to who Conan is because, at best, Shinichi is some distant, unimportant detective figure Pisco may have possibly heard was assassinated by the Black Org a while back. There is no way Pisco has enough knowledge of Shinichi on his mind that he could identify Conan.