Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Unresolved plots in Detective Conan!

Some of these have been resolved already.

This was Vermouth. The reason why her face was not shown was because she was in disguise as Sharon at the time (1 year ago). Sharon hadn't officially been revealed to be Vermouth until the end of the Vermouth arc.

I think it's pretty obvious that she was Vermouth, but there's still 0.00001% of chance that it was somebody else (the annoying part is that Gosho really loves playing this kind of trick :evil: ), also the meaning of her words is still a mystery, as she probably didn't mean "raising the dead" like literally...

I think it was a cute hint for the readers from Gosho. The boss wouldn't let a spy in the Organization if he knew about it.

I personally think that it was just Gosho's mistake :lol: But I included it anyway...

Also if you are suggesting Gin's black and black mix lines mean he got Vermouth pregnant, maybe that's the cause behind the "cat noises" (i.e. baby noises mistaken for cat noises) one year ago? It doesn't have to be recent. Although I would think the news would report that Sharon Vineyard looked pregnant, unless she took a hiatus for 6 months or so. Also you owe me a new keyboard because I imagined Gin trying to feed a baby and then getting spit up on. Gin would be the worst father ever. Maybe he just orders Vodka to take care of the kid.

He probably killed the child... :eek:

Anyway, I've been wondering about the blank parts in the tapes that Elena recorded for Shiho ? Are the tapes just simply broken ? Or did Gosho have any unknown intention ? (Included that to my list).

...Gin... Feeding... A baby... And... Getting... Spit up on...?

...OHMYFREAKINGGODTHATSHILARIOUSICANIMAGINETHATANDITSSUPERFUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done. :mellow:

:lol::D:lol: someone needs to draw that! darn if only i could draw..

One of the most interesting plot that I would like Aoyama to uncover is the plans and other things that Itakura and the BO might have done had the disk that he was working was a success.

Another thing that I want to know is the big contribution that Shinichi's parents will contribute to the further development of the series. Their broad characters and involvement in the series is too much for them to be only Shinichi's parents.

I believe they have a bigger role to do on how DC will end.

i thought the purpose of yusaku's character is to troll shinichi? :P

seriously though, you're right..their ONLY son shrunk and they still go on their merry way..and yusaku,with his connections? can at least get info about the BO,right?

15 years and the mysteries just keeps on coming..

I have a problem with two plot points that aren't rilly unresolved but rather just bug me.

1) The fact that Conan can't tell Ran who he is.

I know that this is to protect her, however if the Black Organization were to try to kill Conan that would mean that they found out who he is and they would kill Ran anyway.

2) Why Shinchi had to take the pill in London.

I'm glad that this happened, but if the translation that I read was correct Ran asked the people if they had seen a Japanese boy. Wouldn't Conan fit that discription as well? If it were me I would tell here that the proffesor and I changed location, and I was in the phone booth to call her and tell here that, and later I would push the live brodcast from London that Conan alredy thought of.

I have a problem with two plot points that aren't rilly unresolved but rather just bug me.

1) The fact that Conan can't tell Ran who he is.

I know that this is to protect her, however if the Black Organization were to try to kill Conan that would mean that they found out who he is and they would kill Ran anyway.

I think main thing holding Shinichi back from telling Ran is that he doesn't want to get her involved. Shinichi thinks Ran would want to help him and put herself in danger if she knew what he was doing.

One other thing worth mentioning is that one of Shinichi's consistent character flaws is that he doesn't trust others and he doesn't like to tell them what his plans are. This caused several serious problems, perhaps most notably when he didn't tell Agasa that he was suspicious of Jodie and Araide, so Agasa let them in his house which enabled them to plant bugs and trap Conan.

2) Why Shinchi had to take the pill in London.

I'm glad that this happened, but if the translation that I read was correct Ran asked the people if they had seen a Japanese boy. Wouldn't Conan fit that discription as well? If it were me I would tell here that the proffesor and I changed location, and I was in the phone booth to call her and tell here that, and later I would push the live brodcast from London that Conan alredy thought of.

In the original Japanese, there was a special note that in English "boy" could mean teen or child. Also there was no live broadcast, Shinichi made that up on the spot.

Conan probably could have been okay if he stayed put, and when Ran found him he lied and said "Shinichi went off that-a-way!" However, he made a poor decision by running which made people notice him. Ran is expecting to find Shinichi, but if she found Conan in the police box instead, she will wonder why he was running away from Big Ben, which is where Shinichi was supposed to be. As Conan said it might make Ran suspicious. Conan also could have tried for the lie that he was chasing after Shinichi, but that might make Ran wonder why the people she asked didn't say they saw two Japanese boys. In short, Conan screwed up doubly, first the gaffe on the phone, and second by running away.

• Upvote 2

:lol::D:lol: someone needs to draw that! darn if only i could draw..

i thought the purpose of yusaku's character is to troll shinichi? :P

seriously though, you're right..their ONLY son shrunk and they still go on their merry way..and yusaku,with his connections? can at least get info about the BO,right?

15 years and the mysteries just keeps on coming..

Right on. Knowing Yusaku's connections and Yukiko's background, it is normal to think that they have already researched well about the organization and its aims. but surprisingly, through the whole series, it is very seldom do we see these two showing some kind of knowledge about the organization. Is it part of them letting Shinichi finish this one by himself, or there are deeper reasons than that?

I do believe that Aoyama has yet to reveal the full identity of Shinichi's parents. Not assuming anything, but them being a bit lackadaisical on Shinichi's situation, in which his and his friends' lives are at stake, is a bit mind-boggling for me.

i dont understand the question

I don't speak DetectiveRJB-ese, but I am going to guess that he is suggesting Gin deliberately targeted Shinichi in the first episode on Ano kata's orders because Ano kata feared Shinichi. The problem with that is Gin and Vodka didn't target Shinichi. They couldn't predict there would be a murder case so they would be noticed by Shinichi in the first place. Then after that, they couldn't guarantee Shinichi would follow them to where the transaction would take place. Most importantly, if Ano kata wanted Shinichi dead because he feared him, why not just send Chianti and Korn after him and take him out? Why bother letting him see Black Organization agents in the first place? It doesn't make sense, so I don't think the Black Organization cared about Shinichi at all.
  • Upvote 1

I just find the whole first episode to be extremely strange. Most of it has to do with Gin and Vodka and their actions. First off, why were they on the roller coaster? They're supposed to make a transaction, yet they find time to take a ride on a horror roller coaster. Secondly, why did they choose to make a transaction in an amusment park anyway? Out of all the places they could have used, they chose Tropical Land, where you have to pay to get in and where security lurks around. Third, Gin has a small reaction to Shinichi's name when the whole crowd at the roller coaster finds out he's the great detective. He obviously recognized it then, so why didn't Shinichi Kudo register as being the detective in future episodes? True, Gin may not remember he killed a guy named Shinichi Kudo, but he could at least remember Shinichi was the detective. Fourth, Gin hit Shinichi on the head with a bat. Where in god's name did the bat come from?! I expected Gin to have a gun, not a bat. Fifth, when Gin decoded to use poison to kill Shinichi instead of a gun because he was afraid of leaving a bullet trail, why did he shoot Pisco in a future episode? Wouldn't police obviously find his body and see he was murdered? Sixth, why was Gin carrying a huge box full of APTX-4869? If it was a prototype, why would Gin have it with him and why would there be so many?

I guess some of these things were just used to move the storyplot along, but it doesn't really seem to fit with the whole picture of the BO and the rest of the series. I guess I shouldn't think too much about it, but that's just my two cents.

roller coaster<<<<<<<<

They get to high place to observe environment

why did they choose to make a transaction in an amusment park anyway?<<<<<<<

I'm not sure it was mentiond but the point is people in amusment park normally only mind their own business. Tropical land exist in Magic Kaito, also the stage for DC first case so Gosho would want to use it.

so why didn't Shinichi Kudo register as being the detective in future episodes? <<<<<<<<

Register in what? the BO victim list?. not sure what you're mean. why would they want to register it?

Where in god's name did the bat come from?<<<<<<

He could find in everywhere if it just a stick but....

I expected Gin to have a gun, not a bat.<<<<<

The bat is silent, not leave trace as much as gun and if gun is use Shinichi will be dead and Ran would cry.

why did he shoot Pisco in a future episode?<<<<<<

He could set up as Pisco's suicide since Pisco was just being found out of being the culprit. In Shinichi case he did not have motive for suicide. Moreover, Gin got shot by Conan's watch and polices are coming, he need to hurry. Pisco corsps was burn in the fire so trace are not many to find

why would Gin have it with him and why would there be so many?

Pisco also has it with him, Gin suggest pisco could use it. It was use as a weapon. the "prototype" in the sense mean it still did not achieve its original purpose, but use well as weapon

I don't speak DetectiveRJB-ese, but I am going to guess that he is suggesting Gin deliberately targeted Shinichi in the first episode on Ano kata's orders because Ano kata feared Shinichi. The problem with that is Gin and Vodka didn't target Shinichi. They couldn't predict there would be a murder case so they would be noticed by Shinichi in the first place. Then after that, they couldn't guarantee Shinichi would follow them to where the transaction would take place. Most importantly, if Ano kata wanted Shinichi dead because he feared him, why not just send Chianti and Korn after him and take him out? Why bother letting him see Black Organization agents in the first place? It doesn't make sense, so I don't think the Black Organization cared about Shinichi at all.

You are good question but Gin is the best killer they have.

I just find the whole first episode to be extremely strange. Most of it has to do with Gin and Vodka and their actions. First off, why were they on the roller coaster? They're supposed to make a transaction, yet they find time to take a ride on a horror roller coaster. Secondly, why did they choose to make a transaction in an amusment park anyway? Out of all the places they could have used, they chose Tropical Land, where you have to pay to get in and where security lurks around. Third, Gin has a small reaction to Shinichi's name when the whole crowd at the roller coaster finds out he's the great detective. He obviously recognized it then, so why didn't Shinichi Kudo register as being the detective in future episodes? True, Gin may not remember he killed a guy named Shinichi Kudo, but he could at least remember Shinichi was the detective. Fourth, Gin hit Shinichi on the head with a bat. Where in god's name did the bat come from?! I expected Gin to have a gun, not a bat. Fifth, when Gin decoded to use poison to kill Shinichi instead of a gun because he was afraid of leaving a bullet trail, why did he shoot Pisco in a future episode? Wouldn't police obviously find his body and see he was murdered? Sixth, why was Gin carrying a huge box full of APTX-4869? If it was a prototype, why would Gin have it with him and why would there be so many?

I guess some of these things were just used to move the storyplot along, but it doesn't really seem to fit with the whole picture of the BO and the rest of the series. I guess I shouldn't think too much about it, but that's just my two cents.

Shinichi is detective.if he die by gun.The cop will hunt them down more fast.BO was target for Shinichi.Why target to him.Shiho will a make time this work.

Please use multiquote or edit your previous post instead of posting twice.

I just find the whole first episode to be extremely strange. Most of it has to do with Gin and Vodka and their actions. First off, why were they on the roller coaster? They're supposed to make a transaction, yet they find time to take a ride on a horror roller coaster.

They get to high place to observe environment.

Vodka tells the businessman they made sure he was alone from the roller coaster.

Secondly, why did they choose to make a transaction in an amusment park anyway? Out of all the places they could have used, they chose Tropical Land, where you have to pay to get in and where security lurks around.

I'm not sure it was mentiond but the point is people in amusment park normally only mind their own business. Tropical land exist in Magic Kaito, also the stage for DC first case so Gosho would want to use it.

Third, Gin has a small reaction to Shinichi's name when the whole crowd at the roller coaster finds out he's the great detective. He obviously recognized it then, so why didn't Shinichi Kudo register as being the detective in future episodes? True, Gin may not remember he killed a guy named Shinichi Kudo, but he could at least remember Shinichi was the detective.

Register in what? the BO victim list?. not sure what you're mean. why would they want to register it?

I assume your observations are based off the anime. In the manga, only Vodka reacted to Kudo's name when it was revealed. The only thing that Gin reacts to (and only by turning around and looking) is Shinichi shouting that it wasn't an accident and it was a murder. Gin, being a smart as he is, probably noticed that as well, but thinks they will have a better chance of escape without body search (they had guns on them) if he insists it was an accident or that the obvious suspect did it. Later it was stated that Gin isn't good with the names or faces of the people he has killed.

What I find curious about the scene is that Gin goes over to where Megure and Shinichi are and examines the diagram of the crime scene that Megure and Kudo were kneeling over on the ground. Perhaps he planned to reveal the person responsible in order to avoid a body search if Kudo failed?

Fourth, Gin hit Shinichi on the head with a bat. Where in god's name did the bat come from?! I expected Gin to have a gun, not a bat.

He could find in everywhere if it just a stick but.... The bat is silent, not leave trace as much as gun and if gun is use Shinichi will be dead and Ran would cry.

This is an acute case of anime-screws-it-up-itis. Gin had a piece of piping, presumably left over from the ferris wheel construction. Gin told Vodka not to use any guns because the police were still around. Silenced or not, it may attract attention from trained cops unlike normal civilians who wouldn't recognize the sound source so readily. Also, the pipe would leave traces in the form of copious blood spatter on his clothes if Gin actually beat Shinichi to death. What if Shinichi's body was found quickly, Gin was stopped at the exit by police, and someone noticed that the directional blood splatter on the bottom of his sleeves couldn't have gotten there from the roller coaster case?

Fifth, when Gin decoded to use poison to kill Shinichi instead of a gun because he was afraid of leaving a bullet trail, why did he shoot Pisco in a future episode? Wouldn't police obviously find his body and see he was murdered?

He could set up as Pisco's suicide since Pisco was just being found out of being the culprit. In Shinichi case he did not have motive for suicide. Moreover, Gin got shot by Conan's watch and polices are coming, he need to hurry. Pisco corsps was burn in the fire so trace are not many to find.

I explained above it was the gunshot sound that was the problem, not the using of guns and bullets per say. Gin could have pistol whipped Shinichi to knock him down instead of using the pipe no problem.

I disagree with User 4869 here. I think Gin didn't care that Pisco's death looked like a murder because he was shot through the forehead and then had his house burnt down. I do agree that Gin was rushed for time because of the fire and firemen on the way, the police in the building being called, the tranquilizer in his body, and the bleeding gunshot wound, which is why he didn't bother with any more elaborate means of disposing of Pisco. The fire helped hide some of the incriminating evidence, like the computer, and burning Pisco's house down also helped hide additional evidence. Basically as long as the investigation dead ends, the Org doesn't care that it looks like murder. Pisco's death and Akai's death are similar in this regard.

Unavoidable double post because only 10 quotes are allowed per post. Maybe we can change that...

Sixth, why was Gin carrying a huge box full of APTX-4869? If it was a prototype, why would Gin have it with him and why would there be so many?

Pisco also has it with him, Gin suggest pisco could use it. It was use as a weapon. the "prototype" in the sense mean it still did not achieve its original purpose, but use well as weapon.
Exactly what User4869 said, they wanted to start using them to murder people because they are forensically very sneaky. Why use a gun to kill someone when you can make it look like they had a heart attack instead?

I don't know if these queries are asked already, but I'll ask it anyways.

I strongly believe that DC Movie 13: The Raven Chaser has something to do with the plot (unless, Aoyama or some info has already denied this).

> What does Irish's "Keep coming.... after us.." last words to Shinichi mean?

> How did he knew that Vermouth thought highly of Shinichi? Are they good friends? Or did they have something from the past?

> What happened to the memory card that contains the BO's NOC list? :grin:

These questions could be deferred if ever the movie wasn't really plot-related. :rolleyes:

I strongly believe that DC Movie 13: The Raven Chaser has something to do with the plot (unless, Aoyama or some info has already denied this).

> How did he knew that Vermouth thought highly of Shinichi? Are they good friends? Or did they have something from the past?

These questions could be deferred if ever the movie wasn't really plot-related. :rolleyes:

Yes, this movie is not really plot-related because Gosho Aoyama never had anything to do with the making of the movies. It doesn't harm you at all if you don't watch this movie.

Yes, this movie is not really plot-related because Gosho Aoyama never had anything to do with the making of the movies. It doesn't harm you at all if you don't watch this movie.

But, would you like it to be a plot-related one? ;-)

But, would you like it to be a plot-related one? ;-)

Not really... Because many characters are OOC (especially Vermouth), and I have the feeling that the "Irish" character is just a counterpart of Bourbon (although we don't know much about him yet). Not to mention that the plot of this movie leads... nowhere at all.

Though M-13 isn't plot related, I'll answer your questions the best I can.

> When Irish says those words he probably realized that the BO is a lying low blow organization that doesn't play fair. He probably had a change of heart and made it clear to Conan (Shinichi) to continue and fight the organization.

> As for this, I really have no idea. They might have had a few conversations about Shinichi, but I doubt it.

> When Chianti shot Irish, she shot the memory card as well. The bullet hit the memory card and then continued its path to hit Irish. That's why Gin told Irish to move closer. Not because he couldn't see the chip well, but because he wanted him to line up with Chianti's sights.

More unresolved plots involve the Black Organization:

• What is the real name of the Black Organization ?
  • The true significance of the Black Organization. Is the BO international ?
  • Besides Vermouth, Kir, Rye, Sherry and some known Japanese operatives, where do the rest of the BO come from ?
  • The true age of all the BO members (including The Boss).
  • How many code-named operatives does The Boss have ? Is there any unknown executive member other than Gin, Vermouth and Pisco ? How highly ranked are Sherry and Bourbon ? Is Vermouth The Boss' only favorite ?
  • Where exactly is the Black Org. Headquarter/main hide-out/The Boss's living place ? Is it located somewhere in Tottori after all, or another location ?
  • The exact time of when the BO was established. And who are the original members ?
  • Has there been any boss-changes during all these years ? Or is Anokata the only Boss from the beginning ?
  • Has The Boss ever changed his living place/hide-out ?
  • For exactly how long has he/she used "Nanatsu no ko" to encode his/her phone number ? (I.e for how long has he/she used the number #969#6261, which may have Tottori's area code ?)
  • Why does the boss use Nanatsu no ko? Is it a reference to something or some kind of inside joke?
  • Where exactly do the other BO members (except Vermouth) spend their time when they're not having any mission ? Do they "return to The Boss's side" or do they have their own hide-outs ? What do they eat and where do they sleep everyday ? Why are they usually shown hanging out at shipping yards for various reasons ?
  • Besides Vermouth, are the other operatives even allowed to meet The Boss face to face ? Do they even know his/her identity ?
  • Do The Boss and the rest of the Org. know about Vermouth's non-aging condition; or they just simply think that Sharon & Chris are 2 different operatives ?
  • Do they have missions anywhere other than Tokyo ? (Notice the robbery syndicate in Tottori).
  • The Boss's, and all of the operatives' past or childhood in general, and how they ended up in the BO.
  • Aside from the APTX-project and Itakura's program, does the BO have any other project/interest ?
  • What, after all, makes Gin so suspiciously loyal ?
  • Does The Boss trigger Haibara's "BO sense" ?
  • What exactly is the purpose behind this whole "crow symbolism" thing ? Does The Boss really like crows that much ?
  • Upvote 2

^ Those are too much for me to bear. :grin: And to think that there hasn't been an episode/manga file that has really explained the true roots of the BO.

I also wonder if "Anokata" is the founder of the BO. Or he/she was another person that may have died.