Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Unresolved plots in Detective Conan!

In the case where the detective boys got stuck in the fridge van and send Amour a coded message on a reciept by the stray cat Taii.Why did Bourbon lie that he did not recieve the reciept as a clue to come?Was it to down play his detective skillszMess with Conan's detective skills and mess with his head?Was it to secretly keep the reciept to get Conan's finger prints to find out who he really is?Or was it something else?

Conan doesn't know why Amuro is still around, and the reason is that Amuro is staying because he is investigating the truth behind the "Sleeping Kogorou". Amuro suspects Conan, but Conan doesn't know that, so I guess he lies to keep it still secret.

he is investigating the truth beind the "Sleeping Kogorou".

And why is looking behind a sleeping detective during his reasoning show taking so long to an organization member who was good enough to be Shuuichi's rival?

There's something that attracted my attention; in episodes 222-224, the episode of the mermaids, Conan reads in a book of visitors the name of 'Shiho Miyano'. Also, we could remember that the old lady of that island (I think it was an island, i must see that episode again :P) was more than 100 years old (was a lie finally), and the people told that she was inmortal. Maybe that could be something related to the Black Organization? Because of what Vermouth said to Itakura on their phone call, I suppose that.

Vodka (and maybe Gin if you belive the rumors) was there with Shiho too.

There has also been speculation maybe even the boss showed up too.

And why is looking behind a sleeping detective during his reasoning show taking so long to an organization member who was good enough to be Shuuichi's rival?

We can't have the plot going too fast now :P

But more seriously, Bourbon has it figured out that Conan is the one pulling the strings behind Sleeping Kogoro, but he hasn't yet heard Shinichi mentioned yet. Not knowing about Shinichi's existence could be one impediment to his investigation. (But then again Eisuke managed...) As for why he cares about Conan at all, we may not know all the reasons yet. He could just be curious, Vermouth had a promise with him about something, and Amuro knows Conan is working with the FBI. Maybe Amuro thinks Conan is in contact with Akai Shuuichi, but is trying not to tip him off he is a member of the Black Organization, so is being extra slow and careful?

I wonder if Amuro's plan at the shrine was to hope Conan reacts impulsively and leads him to someone important. That's the only reason I could think of for why Amuro was following Conan at that time after setting the trap. (How many other times has he been following Conan before and since then?)

Vodka (and maybe Gin if you belive the rumors) was there with Shiho too.

There has also been speculation maybe even the boss showed up too.

We can't have the plot going too fast now :P

But more seriously, Bourbon has it figured out that Conan is the one pulling the strings behind Sleeping Kogoro, but he hasn't yet heard Shinichi mentioned yet. Not knowing about Shinichi's existence could be one impediment to his investigation. (But then again Eisuke managed...) As for why he cares about Conan at all, we may not know all the reasons yet. He could just be curious, Vermouth had a promise with him about something, and Amuro knows Conan is working with the FBI. Maybe Amuro thinks Conan is in contact with Akai Shuuichi, but is trying not to tip him off he is a member of the Black Organization, so is being extra slow and careful?

I wonder if Amuro's plan at the shrine was to hope Conan reacts impulsively and leads him to someone important. That's the only reason I could think of for why Amuro was following Conan at that time after setting the trap. (How many other times has he been following Conan before and since then?)

Thanks for your viewd about that. Sounds about right but i think there is more to ot too.

At the shrine i think Conan fed Bourbon some info too.

Is that why Conan sais Sorry about Jodie

Is it me or is Sukurako Yonehara a mysterious character? Like there is more to her than we know? She also appears a gain after a long time, which was unexpected. And she seems to sus out Conan a bit.And did she help him mysteriously in her first case appearance?Something was weird in that episode i dont know how to exlpain.People said she could had been Kid also?(on another note was Kid playing that quack detective in the bowling and toilet murder case? As he was acting weird)Also where does Yumi's ex boyfriend fit into the storyline?I think Gosho has something up his sleeves.

You mean the recently created topics? It's under the status updates (if you're on mobile, you won't see this)

Or about the recent activity? Click New Content on the upper right corner of the screen.

This isn't really the right place to ask that, you know. This topic is about unsolved plot points in the Detective Conan storyline.

First thing...........It is speculated that the program Itakura created had the purpose of raising the dead or something similar basing on the conversation with Vermouth he wrote about in his diary where she says,"We can both be of GOD and The DEVIL, since we're trying to raise the dead against the stream of time."

We can assume that this plays a major part of Black Organisation true motives.

Second one is..........The secret of the song "Nanatsu no ko" . The true motive behind the song...Why did the boss choose it?..  And who is anokata????????

If used properly the identity of BO's boss would be the greatest twist of all time in manga history... Cant wait for it..

What makes me so curious and brings up an unresolved subject, is in the Karasuma Renya episode. It is speculated that because of his crest that of a raven he might be related to the BO, but somehow he is assumed 'dead'. Well in that episode the flashbacks of those two men who brings marijuana to the mansion, who are these men and what relationship do they have with Renya other than the need of his possessions. Besides it is said that they took all of the auction items, how did they took them even though they are just two and were 'walking' even if they stole a van of something. Do they have anything to do with the BO, or are they part of a bigger conspiracy. Maybe they are just plain thieves who were created to plan the episode, somehow there is a mystery behind these two.. 

Who do you guys think the "unknown child" in Masumi Sera's phone is?

I actually think it's Vermouth, and she purposefully took the APTX 4869 for some reason. Same color hair AND same color eyes.

Who do you guys think the "unknown child" in Masumi Sera's phone is?

I actually think it's Vermouth, and she purposefully took the APTX 4869 for some reason. Same color hair AND same color eyes.

We already have a thread about it here.

As for the child being Vermouth, I doubt it. Vermouth's last appearance was in episode 734 which was fairly recent, and she really doesn't have much of a reason to turn into a child. Plus, the other theories seem much more plausible.

Gosho tends to draw characters with similar features. The similar hair color and eyes are probably just a coincidence. The child's hair also resembles Sera's so it seems much more likely that the child has some family relation with her.

• Upvote 1

I found a Japanese list so I felt like translating it. It’s probably all the same as the OP but whatever. Didn’t try very hard to translate but I hope it’s understandable.

Original:

・組織の目的 ・組織の正式名称 ・あの方の正体

・組織が半世紀前から進めている極秘プロジェクト

・ボスの側近であるラムの正体

・スコッチの正体・領域外の妹の正体

・女王のようなしゃべり方をする高飛車な女(ベルモット説有力)と猫(37、39巻)

・板倉が開発中だったソフト(37巻)

・ベルモットが板倉に発注したソフトの中身(78巻)

・シャロンと板倉が犬猿の仲だった理由(78巻)

・灰原の両親が作っていた薬「銀の弾丸」(78巻)

・灰原の両親が薬の完成のために灰原と別れなければならなかった理由(78巻)

・灰原の両親が20年前出島デザイン事務所を訪れた理由

・灰原の両親は現在も存命か否か ・ベルモットが歳を取らない訳

・ベルモットが長い間待ち望んでいた銀の弾丸

・ベルモットが帝丹小で灰原を見つけられなかった理由(45巻)

・「倉吉」に対する灰原の反応 (45巻)

・ジンがなぜそこまでと疑問に思う程、あの方が赤井を恐れている理由

・宮野明美が赤井に送ったメールのP.S.の続き(58巻)

・ベルモットによる組織をつぶすメド

・コナン発言「なあ…お前ひょっと して組織にいた頃…」の続き(24巻)

・(灰原脱走後の組織編の初期において)灰原の行動が組織に読まれ過ぎていた理由(24巻)

・人魚島の「宮野志保」「魚塚三郎」「黒澤陣」(28巻)

・ベルモットが幼児化を隠す理由 ・ベルモットが宮野夫妻を恨んでいる理由

・世良真純が発見した工藤邸にあった長い髪の毛

・ジョディ・スターリングの本名(証人保護プログラムを受けているので今の名前は仮名である。)

・メロディの七つの子はただの冗談か、それとも深い意味が含まれているのか。

・世良一族の家系図

・世良の一連の発言(「やっぱ僕悪い子だな」など)

・コナンへのバーボンの発言「大きな誤解をしているようだ。」の真意(84巻)

・蘭が服部のお守りに新一の指紋がついていたことに疑問を抱いたこと(67巻)

・博士邸にあった焼け焦げたMO(25巻)

・灰原は薬のデータのMOを持っていると思われるのに「薬のデータが無い」とコナンに言う理由

・76巻「探偵たちの夜想曲」ラストシーンの3人それぞれの通話相手

・作者の「今後とある2人の母親同士が姉妹と判明する。」発言とは誰と誰のことを示すのか。

・ベルモットとバーボンの「約束」の内容(76巻)

・作者の「今現在組織の内部ではかなり大変なことが起きている。 」発言の意味

・棋士羽田はどのような接点を以て組織と関わっているのか

・以前蘭とコナンが「世良に会ったような気を感じた」との意味

・組織員が知ったら驚くベルモットの秘密(資料画像も参照)

(バーボン「組織が知ったら驚くでしょうねあなたがボスの...」)

・ジョディに「逃げろ!このエリアは危険だ!」と記されたコースターを残した人物とその目的(67巻)

・(バーボンの回想シーンの後)エレーナはどこへ行ったのか(84巻)

・灰原の指摘「コナンは既に組織に深く関わってしまっている」の真意(19巻)

・安室がキャメルに唐突に呼んだ「ドイツ系の君」発言の真意(84巻)

Translation:

BO’s goal. BO’s official name. Anokata’s identity.

The secret project the BO has been doing for the past half century.

The identity of the boss’s close aide, Rum.

Scotch’s identity. The mysterious sister outside the domain’s identity.

The domineering woman who speaks like a queen (probably Vermouth) and the cat. (Volumes 37 and 39.)

Itakura’s software. (Volume 37.)

The contents of the software Vermouth requested from Itakura. (Volume 78.)

Why Sharon and Itakura had a bad relationship. (Volume 78.)

The drug Haibara’s parents were developing: “Silver Bullet”. (Volume 78.)

Why Haibara’s parents had to part from her to complete the drug. (Volume 78.)

Why did Haibara’s parents visit the Dejima Design office 20 years ago.

Whether Haibara’s parents are alive or not. The reason why Vermouth doesn’t age.

The Silver Bullet Vermouth has been waiting eagerly for, for a long time.

Why Vermouth couldn’t find Haibara at Teitan elementary school. (Volume 45.)

Haibara’s reaction regarding “Kurayoshi”. (Volume 45.)

Why does Anokata fear Akai to the point of making Gin wonder about it.

The P.S. continuation of Miyano Akemi’s mail to Akai. (Volume 58.)

・ベルモットによる組織をつぶすメド I don’t know what this means. Something about according to Vermouth and defeating the BO.

The continuation of Conan’s uttering: “Hey… Could it be that when you were in the BO…”. (Volume 24.)

Why the BO was able to read Haibara’s actions so well after she had escaped. (Volume 24.)

TN: The three names in that mermaid book thingy. 宮野志保, 魚塚三郎, 黒澤陣. (Volume 28.)

Why Vermouth hides the shrinking. Why Vermouth resents the Miyano couple.

The long hair that Sera Masumi found in the Kudō residence.

Jodie Starling’s real name. (She entered the witness protection program so the current one is fake.)

Is the Nanatsu no Ko melody just a joke, or is there some deep meaning behind it?

The Sera family tree.

Sera’s continuous utterances such as “As I thought I am a bad kid”.

The true meaning of Bourbon’s utterance to Conan: “It seems like you’re making a big misunderstanding”. (Volume 84.)

The fact that Ran expressed doubts about Shin’ichi’s fingerprints being on Hattori’s charm. (Volume 67.) TN: actually going by the wiki it’s volume 66, because it’s chapter 693.

The scorched MO that was at Hakase’s residence. (Volume 25.)

Why Haibara told Conan that the MO that’s thought to contain the drug’s data had “no data on the drug”.

The people on the phone in the last scene of “Detectives’ Nocturne” of volume 76.

Who the 2 mothers that Aoyama has said are sisters are.

The contents of Vermouth’s and Bourbon’s “promise” (volume 76).

The meaning behind Aoyama’s words when he said that “something big is happening within the BO”.

How will Haneda be involved with the BO?

The meaning behind Ran’s and Conan’s “I feel like I’ve met Sera before”.

Vermouth’s secret that would surprise the other BO members.

(Bourbon: “If the BO knew they’d be surprised wouldn’t they… that you are the boss’s…”)

The person who alerted Jodie of the danger with the message on the coaster, and its purpose. (Volume 67.)

(After Bourbon’s flashback scene) where did Elena go? (Volume 84.)

The true meaning behind Haibara’s “Conan is already deeply involved with the BO”. (Volume 19.)

The true meaning behind Amuro’s abrupt utterance to Camel: “You German”.

A few things I thought were “interesting” while translating this: the fact that Akemi’s SMS to Akai is called “mail” in Japanese (can we please stop saying Anokata’s number is a mail address); the fact that in at least one instance the volume number doesn’t match up with what we have in the wiki.

The long hair that Sera Masumi found in the Kudō residence.

Huh, wasn't that just a hint that Okiya's hair is fake and got resolved with the Scarlet Arc?

Greyed out ones already on our list in some form, blued the ones we do not, and added commentary for the remainder

BO’s goal.

BO’s official name.

Anokata’s identity.

The secret project the BO has been doing for the past half century.

The identity of the boss’s close aide, Rum.

Scotch’s identity.

The mysterious sister outside the domain’s identity.

The domineering woman who speaks like a queen (probably Vermouth) and the cat. (Volumes 37 and 39.) (Confirmed Vermouth from the Bell Tree express chapters, but not where she was that a cat would be around. )

Itakura’s software. (Volume 37.)

The contents of the software Vermouth requested from Itakura. (Volume 78.)

Why Sharon and Itakura had a bad relationship. (Volume 78.)

The drug Haibara’s parents were developing: “Silver Bullet”. (Volume 78.)

Why Haibara’s parents had to part from her to complete the drug. (Volume 78.)

Why did Haibara’s parents visit the Dejima Design office 20 years ago.

Whether Haibara’s parents are alive or not.

The reason why Vermouth doesn’t age.

The Silver Bullet Vermouth has been waiting eagerly for, for a long time.

Why Vermouth couldn’t find Haibara at Teitan elementary school. (Volume 45.) (The timeline for the office scenes with Vermouth was not concurrent with the chapters they were shown in. Also, she knew the FBI had her office bugged. She might have been trying to mislead them.)

Haibara’s reaction regarding “Kurayoshi”. (Volume 45.) (Since Gosho has denied the Bo having anything to do with Tottori, maybe Haibara realized that Conan was trying to figure out the boss's number by the similar sound it makes to the Tottori dial.)

Why does Anokata fear Akai to the point of making Gin wonder about it.

The P.S. continuation of Miyano Akemi’s mail to Akai. (Volume 58.)

・ベルモットによる組織をつぶすメド I don’t know what this means. Something about according to Vermouth and defeating the BO.

The continuation of Conan’s uttering: “Hey… Could it be that when you were in the BO…”. (Volume 24.) (Chekhov suspects this was Conan about to ask Haibara about her connection to Gin, but cutting off because he realized it was a bad time)

Why the BO was able to read Haibara’s actions so well after she had escaped. (Volume 24.) (Chekhov thinks that Gin knows Shiho well from being in a relationship. Also Shiho was raised as a child in the Org, so they would know her well anyway.)

TN: The three names in that mermaid book thingy. 宮野志保, 魚塚三郎, 黒澤陣. (Volume 28.) (We do have discussion about the Mermaid guestbook in the boss thread)

Why Vermouth hides the shrinking.

Why Vermouth resents the Miyano couple. (We have a listing for Sherry vs Vermouth, but not the Miyano's generally)

The long hair that Sera Masumi found in the Kudō residence. (Probably Yukiko's from when she was helping Akai disguise. Either she visited home in disguise or the hair is from Okiya's wig.)

Jodie Starling’s real name. (She entered the witness protection program so the current one is fake.) (Is it fake?)

Is the Nanatsu no Ko melody just a joke, or is there some deep meaning behind it?

The Sera family tree.

Sera’s continuous utterances such as “As I thought I am a bad kid”.

The true meaning of Bourbon’s utterance to Conan: “It seems like you’re making a big misunderstanding”. (Volume 84.) (Conan misunderstood what Zero was referring to. It really was a childhood nickname, not a reference to the secret police like Conan thought - Rei realized the mistake Conan made)

The fact that Ran expressed doubts about Shin’ichi’s fingerprints being on Hattori’s charm. (Volume 67.) TN: actually going by the wiki it’s volume 66, because it’s chapter 693.

The scorched MO that was at Hakase’s residence. (Volume 25.)

Why Haibara told Conan that the MO that’s thought to contain the drug’s data had “no data on the drug”. (We cover it as What (besides drug data) is on the bloody disk that Haibara lied about losing at the Haido City Hotel?)

The people on the phone in the last scene of “Detectives’ Nocturne” of volume 76. (Amuro with Vermouth, Sera with the middle bro, Okiya with ??? Yukiko? Conan? Listening in to something?)

Who the 2 mothers that Aoyama has said are sisters are.

The contents of Vermouth’s and Bourbon’s “promise” (volume 76).

The meaning behind Aoyama’s words when he said that “something big is happening within the BO”.

How will Haneda be involved with the BO?

The meaning behind Ran’s and Conan’s “I feel like I’ve met Sera before”.

Vermouth’s secret that would surprise the other BO members.

(Bourbon: “If the BO knew they’d be surprised wouldn’t they… that you are the boss’s…”)

The person who alerted Jodie of the danger with the message on the coaster, and its purpose. (Volume 67.) (Either Okiya or Scar Akai, probs Okiya)

(After Bourbon’s flashback scene) where did Elena go? (Volume 84.)

The true meaning behind Haibara’s “Conan is already deeply involved with the BO”. (Volume 19.) (Via successful shrinking with APTX. It was an early hint about the true purpose of the drug.)

The true meaning behind Amuro’s abrupt utterance to Camel: “You German”. (Wut?)

The true meaning behind Amuro’s abrupt utterance to Camel: “You German”. (Wut?)

Yeah no idea, lol. I wasn’t sure how to translate it. Something about being German or to do with Germany. Should be somewhere in the manga. The Japanese (as you can see) is ドイツ系の君.

Edit:

Why Haibara told Conan that the MO that’s thought to contain the drug’s data had “no data on the drug”. (We cover it as What (besides drug data) is on the bloody disk that Haibara lied about losing at the Haido City Hotel?)

About that one I was wondering whether there were translation issues, because what I translated is kinda different. Maybe I’ll check the anime when I can.

The people on the phone in the last scene of “Detectives’ Nocturne” of volume 76. (Amuro with Vermouth, Sera with the middle bro, Okiya with ??? Yukiko? Conan? Listening in to something?)

Okiya can't be talking to Conan, because he is shown talking with Ran and Kogoro at the same time. It's probably Yukiko, maybe she was just visiting to check up on the disguise as they listened in on Ran telling the Professor about the abduction. That would also explain why Okiya has some convenient cream stem ready to show up at Agasa's house with: he was probably just cooking it for him and Yukiko and now she is calling him because she is still hungry to check if her son is okay.

I'm not sure if there has been more than one occurrence of 'You German,' but in the case that I found (File 892), they were looking at the photos of the test papers. 

In the Chinese translations, Amuro says "You German-looking person, what do you think?"

In the Japanese raw, it says そこのドイツ系の君はどうだ?, which is something like "The German-looking person over there, what about you?"

Basically, I think it implies that Camel is German, or at least half-German, or he just looks German, lol. But: If the Japanese community thinks it's important, maybe it is? Have we had other German characters? ... German secret police? What ...

I'm not sure if there has been more than one occurrence of 'You German,' but in the case that I found (File 892), they were looking at the photos of the test papers. 

In the Chinese translations, Amuro says "You German-looking person, what do you think?"

In the Japanese raw, it says そこのドイツ系の君はどうだ?, which is something like "The German-looking person over there, what about you?"

Basically, I think it implies that Camel is German, or at least half-German, or he just looks German, lol. But: If the Japanese community thinks it's important, maybe it is? Have we had other German characters? ... German secret police? What ...

I think Amuro just wanted to emphasize his argument that Jodie and Camel are foreign (nationality and agency wise) and should leave matters to the Japanese.

Ofc, it could at the same time imply that Camel has German roots, which wouldn't be surprising considering his name. Still, I don't think we should read too much into that.

In the Japanese raw, it says そこのドイツ系の君はどうだ?, which is something like "The German-looking person over there, what about you?"

What the heck is a german-looking person? I've never met a white european who could reliably tell apart someone's nationality/country-of-ancestry by facial characteristics alone, and Japanese generally don't have the benefit of growing up around a whole bunch of Europeans. ... Anyway, I'm inclined to believe that the Japanese must have some sort of stereotype about what Germans look like. That makes a heck of a lot more sense than Amuro magically picking out a German from all the Scandinavians and British and Americans with German ancestry by face alone.

Ofc, it could at the same time imply that Camel has German roots, which wouldn't be surprising considering his name. Still, I don't think we should read too much into that.

Andre (French and Portuguese form of Andrew)

Camel? (A word that came from arabic/hebrew --> Greek --> Latin ---> Northern French before finally entering middle English?)

I am in no way buying that Andre Camel sounds German in the slightest...

I think Amuro just wanted to emphasize his argument that Jodie and Camel are foreign (nationality and agency wise) and should leave matters to the Japanese.

I am inclined to agree.