Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Unresolved plots in Detective Conan!

I have a question, as far as I know Ai can make an antidote for the drug that was given to Kudo and it can last only 24 hours, so why doesn't she keep making it? in some episode I remember she lost the data or whatever [ Does anyone know which episode is that?], was that data related to the drug or something? and if she did lose the data, how come in another episode she made an antidote [ Does anyone know which episode is that?]? also in OVA 9 she made an antidote for him.

As far as I am aware, Ai doesn't give Shinichi a bunch of antidotes for two reasons. The first is that Shinichi's body builds up resistance to the antidote every time he takes it. If Shinichi takes two too close together, the second one works for much less time than it is supposed to. If she gives him too many in a short amount of time, Shinichi could build up too much resistance to the antidote and it will stop working. The second reason Ai doesn't give Shinichi antidotes is because Shinichi has a bad tendency to get into dangerous public situations as an adult. I quote a spoiler: "I'm not going to give it [the antidote] to some detective in a romantic comedy who becomes a giant without heed to where he is. "

Just wanted to ask: Is Ai aware of the fact that Akai is Okiya?"

Can you please tell me where is that shown?! thanks!, it's my first time hearing this, because I have just started to read the manga (started from last chapter).

She starts guessing Okiya is Akai in Murder at Mouri Detective Agency (Manga: 798-800, Anime: 672-674), and has a more clear revelation in Don't make that kind of face (Manga: 802, Anime: 675).
  • Upvote 1

As far as I am aware, Ai doesn't give Shinichi a bunch of antidotes for two reasons. The first is that Shinichi's body builds up resistance to the antidote every time he takes it. If Shinichi takes two too close together, the second one works for much less time than it is supposed to. If she gives him too many in a short amount of time, Shinichi could build up too much resistance to the antidote and it will stop working. The second reason Ai doesn't give Shinichi antidotes is because Shinichi has a bad tendency to get into dangerous public situations as an adult. I quote a spoiler: "I'm not going to give it [the antidote] to some detective in a romantic comedy who becomes a giant without heed to where he is. "

She starts guessing Okiya is Akai in Murder at Mouri Detective Agency (Manga: 798-800, Anime: 672-674), and has a more clear revelation in Don't make that kind of face (Manga: 802, Anime: 675).

Thanks for you answers, but in some episode she loses a data of something on PC, what was that data? something related to the drug or something else? , I have more questions xD, http://www.mangareader.net/139-8047-33/detective-conan/chapter-1.html

1.)Kudo saw the guy who gave the BO money, so instead of chasing BO why doesn't he chase that guy? it's easier also safer moreover if he catches that guy he can get to BO through him.

2.)That guy seems like he knows about the BO actions he says "Shut up compared to the stuff you guy do we are..." so does that man have any contact with the BO?

Thanks for you answers, but in some episode she loses a data of something on PC, what was that data? something related to the drug or something else?

If you are referring to Haibara's intro case, Shiho mistakenly sent Akemi's professor an APTX 4869 disk when it was mixed up for a disk of Akemi's pictures Shiho was sending back via the professor's address. According to Haibara, the disk had APTX data, and real names of the project's sponsors, addresses and such. Because it had secret information on it, this is probably why Haibara lied to Conan about losing the other disk she made from copying APTX data from Pisco's computer at the hotel where Gin and Pisco attacked her. She was afraid that if she told Conan about it, he would go charging into trouble and get himself killed.

1.)Kudo saw the guy who gave the BO money, so instead of chasing BO why doesn't he chase that guy? it's easier also safer moreover if he catches that guy he can get to BO through him.

Maybe he doesn't know who the guy is or how to find him? That company president might not know a lot of info either, and it's the Black Org who has APTX and is committing the serious crimes.

2.)That guy seems like he knows about the BO actions he says "Shut up compared to the stuff you guy do we are..." so does that man have any contact with the BO?

Maybe that man had a rough idea, but I doubt he knew much more. It would be bad for someone who resents the Org to have secret information.

In any case, Gosho's method of writing the plot has changed a lot since the beginning. I would not focus so much on those older cases when thinking about the Black Organization because of all the changes. The Black Org seemed more like the Magic Kaito Org back then, and it was not taken as seriously as Gosho writes them today. Gosho had more plot weaknesses in the earlier writing too.

In the game demo bombing case earlier on, remember how Conan used Kogoro's voice in front of a crowd of people and the police to order the criminal to confess about the Organization? That's pretty strange because the Organization knew to bomb the meeting place where the culprit and Tequila met right away. They must have known something went wrong. It would be smart of them to send someone to check on Tequila, figure out why he died, or spy on the investigation. It would also be reasonable to listen to the deductions of the detective investigating just in case the detective or police found something suspicious on Tequila's corpse. That's what I mean by plot weakness. Gosho has since changed the Organization to be more careful and interested in silencing all witnesses.

If you are referring to Haibara's intro case, Shiho mistakenly sent Akemi's professor an APTX 4869 disk when it was mixed up for a disk of Akemi's pictures Shiho was sending back via the professor's address. According to Haibara, the disk had APTX data, and real names of the project's sponsors, addresses and such. Because it had secret information on it, this is probably why Haibara lied to Conan about losing the other disk she made from copying APTX data from Pisco's computer at the hotel where Gin and Pisco attacked her. She was afraid that if she told Conan about it, he would go charging into trouble and get himself killed.Maybe he doesn't know who the guy is or how to find him? That company president might not know a lot of info either, and it's the Black Org who has APTX and is committing the serious crimes.Maybe that man had a rough idea, but I doubt he knew much more. It would be bad for someone who resents the Org to have secret information.

In any case, Gosho's method of writing the plot has changed a lot since the beginning. I would not focus so much on those older cases when thinking about the Black Organization because of all the changes. The Black Org seemed more like the Magic Kaito Org back then, and it was not taken as seriously as Gosho writes them today. Gosho had more plot weaknesses in the earlier writing too.

In the game demo bombing case earlier on, remember how Conan used Kogoro's voice in front of a crowd of people and the police to order the criminal to confess about the Organization? That's pretty strange because the Organization knew to bomb the meeting place where the culprit and Tequila met right away. They must have known something went wrong. It would be smart of them to send someone to check on Tequila, figure out why he died, or spy on the investigation. It would also be reasonable to listen to the deductions of the detective investigating just in case the detective or police found something suspicious on Tequila's corpse. That's what I mean by plot weakness. Gosho has since changed the Organization to be more careful are interested in silencing all witnesses.

Thanks man, you're awesome  ;)  :D

okai guys i have a question cause im rlly confused :D in episode 345 , when akai says: " i gotta go now its too early for this girl to see me" - he was talking about haibara right ? does he know that haibara is akemi myano's sister " sherry" ? and does he know about conan being kudo schinichi ? thts it :D 

okai guys i have a question cause im rlly confused :D in episode 345 , when akai says: " i gotta go now its too early for this girl to see me" - he was talking about haibara right ? does he know that haibara is akemi myano's sister " sherry" ? and does he know about conan being kudo schinichi ? thts it :D

Akai was referring to Sherry. Akai first noticed that Ai was Sherry at the very end of 311, and followed up his suspicions by ordering some allies to take her picture in episodes 335-336. He probably noticed Haibara is identical looking to the adult the Shiho.

Akai didn't know the truth about Edogawa Conan until much later, when he disguised as Okiya. In episodes 509-511, Okiya heard about the owner the house he is living in from Ran and Sonoko. Although Ran lied about the owner being "Kinichi", Okiya figured out the real owner was Shinichi. In episode 690-691, Okiya secretly watched Conan call Ran using Shinichi's voice, and then he teased Conan about being Shinichi soon after.

Akai was referring to Sherry. Akai first noticed that Ai was Sherry at the very end of 311, and followed up his suspicions by ordering some allies to take her picture in episodes 335-336. He probably noticed Haibara is identical looking to the adult the Shiho.

Akai didn't know the truth about Edogawa Conan until much later, when he disguised as Okiya. In episodes 509-511, Okiya heard about the owner the house he is living in from Ran and Sonoko. Although Ran lied about the owner being "Kinichi", Okiya figured out the real owner was Shinichi. In episode 690-691, Okiya secretly watched Conan call Ran using Shinichi's voice, and then he teased Conan about being Shinichi soon after.

oh thanks a lot :) im currently watching from 650 , but i miss old episodes so whn i re watched i felt kinda dumb :D thank u :)

Chekhov MacGuffin

• What was the program about that Itakura couldn't complete for the sake of humanity?

Although I am not really confident with this, I believe that the computer research program is a project that is working towards the same goal as, but independent of, the APTX 4869 project. I have three main suspicions about what the Org is trying to do with the computer programming agenda.

One is to enhance the abilities of the mind through computer interfaces, basically to augment the brain with data stored on a computer. The problem here though is that this is a worthwhile goal, not something someone would not want to complete for the sake of humanity.

The second is to create a vast information and monitoring network. I got this idea from the Sherlock Holmes canon. "He [Moriarty] sits motionless, like a spider in the centre of its web, but that web has a thousand radiations, and he knows well every quiver of each of them". It would certainly help with crime, and would also fit the bill for being bad for humanity, but why would Itakura, a game programmer, be working on something like this to begin with, even if it was a personal project? Keep in mind Itakura's project likely wasn't secret.

The third theory is based on a recent suspicion that the Org's real goal is to be able to preserve one's mind eternally while maintaining mobility. One way to accomplish the goal would be to retard aging indefinitely - basically immortality which is what the biochem agenda is after IMO. Another way would to be able to create a perfect replica of the thought processes of a human on a computer, basically digitizing people. It is an AI based project, which fits for a game programmer, would require the smartest programmers known, and taken to a logical extreme becomes bad for humanity. However I also think it is also kind of "out there" for a theory.

1. I find it funny that people discus in detail about what is going on in tv shows and movies, yet I understand why the have said discussions.

2.Chekhov: Reading your answer to the question above got me thinking: a. Why don't the BO develop robots with microchips that the human brain could be downloaded onto the microchips? B. what if the BO are the "good guys" and the "good guys" are really the "bad guys"? In some bizarro way what the BO is doing is trying to better mankind instead of harming mankind by using what people might presume are criminal acts, yet are just trying to stop those who hinder their progress and do not share the BO point of view.

Chekhov: Reading your answer to the question above got me thinking: a. Why don't the BO develop robots with microchips that the human brain could be downloaded onto the microchips?

You'd need some really advanced knowledge to build and design a microchip or computer system with the programs necessary to do that. You'd also need a really good understanding of the brain, better than anything current. They might be trying to do that, but it certainly isn't something that they could figure out quickly and then walk into the neighborhood computer store to buy parts for.

In some bizarro way what the BO is doing is trying to better mankind instead of harming mankind by using what people might presume are criminal acts, yet are just trying to stop those who hinder their progress and do not share the BO point of view.

That might be how the boss feels about his goal: the end justifies the means. It's a pretty common trope for evil organizations not to think of themselves as evil.

it is nothing big but i think that it is unresolved yet so...

here it is

In Night baron murder case(Episode 68-70 & Volume 8: Files 2-7 (072-077))

Genichirou Kaneshiro & Shizue Hayashi, this two seems suspicious to me as they find that Conan is a little suspicious and intelligent for his age.

so my Question is that when Conan was about to leave after asking about the night baron

Genichirou said "that this name[night baron] brings back memories about my son who died four years ago"

so i want know that About his son who died ?

does anything came out about it like how he died?  and what was the relation between his son and the night baron virus?

and one more thing when Ran ask about the program he made

was he really trying to remember the name

cuz before he could say anything his servant Shizue Hayashi Answered that it was "high school girl dating simulator" or something

so i have a question that

as we know that BO has night baron virus as seen in Episode 129 

why would they use such a virus on a program like that?

so what do you think guys about these unresolved plots?

- Do you have any suspicions on the true name of the BO?

- Do you think Ai knows the name?

- Why does Okiya hide his appearance from Bourbon, but was willing to let himself be seen as Akai during the Train arc?

- Shuukichi Haneda appearance on a file of Detective Conan makes me wonder if he will have more appearances in the series, seeing how if my memory serves me correct, famous characters in the series don't appear on the manga file, and his possibility of being the middle brother makes me think, do you think it may be him? He could be hiding his identity. 

- Why was Masumi shocked to see Okiya and pondered about him when leaving the bathroom during the Yusaku Kudo Cold Case?

- Do you think Masumi knows that Okiya knows that Conan is Shinichi from that same file (Yusaku Kudo Cold Case)?

​- Do you think Masumi made an earlier appearance disguised as someone else in the series?

- Gin made it clear that he knew who Shinichi Kudo was in the first episode, but then claims he "never" remembers anyone that he kills, but knows the famous high school detective, do you find that odd?

-Why didn't Ai sense Ki'ichiro Numabuchi when they were looking for Mitsuhiko?

-In the Wiki it said Masumi took Ran, Sonoko and Conan to a different hotel where she was actually living, how do we know that?

Edited by PetePete

-In the Wiki it said Masumi took Ran, Sonoko and Conan to a different hotel where she was actually living, how do we know that?

The hotel looks significantly different from the one shown in Ayumi's kidnapping case and Conan's kidnapping case. She might have switched hotel at some point before the Romance novelist case, or that it wasn't actually her living place at all. Either way, it's not the same hotel.

I don't know where you found that part, but in Masumi's page, it says: "On the way home from school, Ran and Sonoko decide to visit Masumi's hotel (which is different from the other one she has been staying at earlier)." It doesn't say that it must be different from the one she's staying at now. 

• Upvote 2

- 1. Do you have any suspicions on the true name of the BO?

- 2. Do you think Ai knows the name?

- 3. Why does Okiya hide his appearance from Bourbon, but was willing to let himself be seen as Akai during the Train arc?

- 4. Shuukichi Haneda appearance on a file of Detective Conan makes me wonder if he will have more appearances in the series, seeing how if my memory serves me correct, famous characters in the series don't appear on the manga file, and his possibility of being the middle brother makes me think, do you think it may be him? He could be hiding his identity. 

- 5. Why was Masumi shocked to see Okiya and pondered about him when leaving the bathroom during the Yusaku Kudo Cold Case?

- 6. Do you think Masumi knows that Okiya knows that Conan is Shinichi from that same file (Yusaku Kudo Cold Case)?

- 7. Do you think Masumi made an earlier appearance disguised as someone else in the series?

- 8. Gin made it clear that he knew who Shinichi Kudo was in the first episode, but then claims he "never" remembers anyone that he kills, but knows the famous high school detective, do you find that odd?

- 9. Why didn't Ai sense Ki'ichiro Numabuchi when they were looking for Mitsuhiko?

- 10. In the Wiki it said Masumi took Ran, Sonoko and Conan to a different hotel where she was actually living, how do we know that?

1. Unresolved plot. It is believed to be related to the boss's identity if interviews and online rumors are to be believed

2. Unresolved plot. Probably, since she is always referring to them as "the people you call the men in black", implying she has a different name for them than Conan does.

3. If he gets caught in his Okiya appearence by the Black Organization, he could be tracked down which would put Ai in danger since she lives next door (and Conan too). By appearing as Akai no one knows where he is, so he could go back to Okiya and be safe. He is risking Kir by going as Akai, but I have a feeling he is prioritizing Shiho above Hidemi here.

4. He's Yumi's love interest so he ought to appear again in a police romance file.

5. Unresolved plot.

6. If I recall, she seemed to notice Okiya was asking some probing questions so I have a feeling she is guessing Okiya was trying to uncover Conan's identity, or knew already.

7. No.

8. Ah, the dangers of watching the anime. In the manga only Vodka had any idea who Shinichi was. Gin kept silent on the issue altogether.

9. Ai's sense doesn't detect all Black Organization members. From what we have seen it seems attuned to when a Black Organization member is in an "aggressive mood" or is being dangerous and sneaky. For instance, Shiho didn't pick up vibes from her sister until right before the theft plot. Numabuchi had no bad intent, so she didn't sense him.

10. The pictures of the hotels. During the "delete" scene there is an establishing shot of Sera's hotel. It's short, certainly not like the one we just saw.

• Upvote 1

2. If she knows the organization’s name, how come she doesn’t know who the boss is? (If we are to believe when Aoiyama said Haibara would be surprised to know who it is.)

Thank you for answering those questions.

9. Ai's sense doesn't detect all Black Organization members. From what we have seen it seems attuned to when a Black Organization member is in an "aggressive mood" or is being dangerous and sneaky. For instance, Shiho didn't pick up vibes from her sister until right before the theft plot. Numabuchi had no bad intent, so she didn't sense him.

So then this could mean she could've met the boss already and doesn't suspect him correct? Seeing how she would be "surprised" about who the boss is.

2. If she knows the organization’s name, how come she doesn’t know who the boss is? (If we are to believe when Aoiyama said Haibara would be surprised to know who it is.)

Maybe Haibara hasn't figured it out. We know the boss and the Organization's name are connected because Gosho told us. Shiho may not know that bit of info.

• Upvote 1

- Shinchi's mother mentioned 7 knights to the original Kaitou Kid, saying he's one of them, do you have an idea on who are the other six?

- In the manga when Shuu said "I never forget an enemy's face, it switched the panel to focus itself on Camel, do you think it was indicating that Camel is an enemy or just to strength during the time that Camel was suspicious during that arc?"

- Do you think Sera was also added to reinforce a love triangle between the 2 main characters after the fail attempt with Ai besides being the brother of Shuu?

Edited by PetePete

On file 621, when Eisuke met Conan the first time, Eisuke fell on purpose, not by accident to trick Conan.

I don't understand the meaning of pretending to fall in front of Conan. What can Eisuke find out by pretending to fall?

I know this is way too long ago but i just can't figure out so if anyone understand, please answer me :P

- Shinchi's mother mentioned 7 knights to the original Kaitou Kid, saying he's one of them, do you have an idea on who are the other six?

- In the manga when Shuu said "I never forget an enemy's face, it switched the panel to focus itself on Camel, do you think it was indicating that Camel is an enemy or just to strength during the time that Camel was suspicious during that arc?"

- Do you think Sera was also added to reinforce a love triangle between the 2 main characters after the fail attempt with Ai besides being the brother of Shuu?

-Not sure about this one, i dont think it was developed beyond that point.

-It was probably just advice given. They showed Camel to make people suspect him and make the arc more intense, i would guess.

-I doubt sera was added to make a love triangle. She was probably added in to give more back story and pave the way to another major arc (with the "out of domain" girl)

On file 621, when Eisuke met Conan the first time, Eisuke fell on purpose, not by accident to trick Conan.

I don't understand the meaning of pretending to fall in front of Conan. What can Eisuke find out by pretending to fall?

I know this is way too long ago but i just can't figure out so if anyone understand, please answer me :P

-He did that to see a close up of Conan's face without looking suspicious. If he just randomly stared at Conan's face up close it would be unnatural.

Ok now i have some questions.

-Kaito Kid and Shinichi have the same voice actor, is this because they are trying to play on the similarities both have or is it because Kaito is copying Shinichi's voice?
-On chapter 812 page 11, when they saw Subaru brushing his teeth they saw he had nothing on his neck, but when they left he slid a comb down from his sleeves and flipped it. Why did he do that?

FV4fDyi.png

-Also about Subaru, does Conan know Subaru is Akai? Conan seems to trust him a lot for just meeting him, but i didnt see any hints where Conan could have deduced that.

-When Vermouth wanted to kill Akai she said that they only needed one Silver Bullet (Conan), why? If she was against the BO two would be better, while if she was allied with the BO zero would be better. I dont think it would be because Shinichi helped save her otherwise Vermouth would have said it differently..

-Also about Subaru, does Conan know Subaru is Akai? Conan seems to trust him a lot for just meeting him, but i didnt see any hints where Conan could have deduced that.

Conan knows Okiya is Akai

Conan react to Okiya address, event before meeting him. Conan also showed smiling and tell Eisuke it all right after Eisuke ask if someone in FBIs dies.

Ok now i have some questions.

-Kaito Kid and Shinichi have the same voice actor, is this because they are trying to play on the similarities both have or is it because Kaito is copying Shinichi's voice?

If you search the interview thread, you'll find a quote by Gosho saying the similarities between Shinichi and Kaitou Kid are not a coincidental, but there has been no followup on that. It would have nothing to do with the voice actors though because they were chosen long before Gosho revealed that information.

-On chapter 812 page 11, when they saw Subaru brushing his teeth they saw he had nothing on his neck, but when they left he slid a comb down from his sleeves and flipped it. Why did he do that?

FV4fDyi.png

Still unknown. There is nothing special about the comb as far as I can tell, so I'm stumped. Maybe he was adjusting his wig with it?

The way Shuuichi's fake death plan worked, Conan had to be a part of it and knew the outcome. Yukiko also helped with Shuuichi's disguise, and Agasa probably chipped in with a voice changer for him to wear around his neck like in Mission Impossible. Like User 4869 mentioned, Conan recognized Subaru's address and worried about what the fire meant even before they met. Conan knew from the beginning Shuuichi was in disguise and living in that apartment although he might not have known exactly which resident he was. That's what I suspect the Sherlock Holmes quote was about. As soon as Subaru mentioned Sherlock, Conan started acting friendly with him.

-When Vermouth wanted to kill Akai she said that they only needed one Silver Bullet (Conan), why? If she was against the BO two would be better, while if she was allied with the BO zero would be better. I dont think it would be because Shinichi helped save her otherwise Vermouth would have said it differently..

Still unresolved, but I was just having this conversation with someone. Strange how it has come about 3 times in the past week when it came up almost never in the past 5 years I have been on forums here.

Nvm. You were the one who brought it up that time too :P

There's something that attracted my attention; in episodes 222-224, the episode of the mermaids, Conan reads in a book of visitors the name of 'Shiho Miyano'. Also, we could remember that the old lady of that island (I think it was an island, i must see that episode again :P) was more than 100 years old (was a lie finally), and the people told that she was inmortal. Maybe that could be something related to the Black Organization? Because of what Vermouth said to Itakura on their phone call, I suppose that.

In the case where the detective boys got stuck in the fridge van and send Amour a coded message on a reciept by the stray cat Taii.Why did Bourbon lie that he did not recieve the reciept as a clue to come?Was it to down play his detective skillszMess with Conan's detective skills and mess with his head?Was it to secretly keep the reciept to get Conan's finger prints to find out who he really is?Or was it something else?