Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Favorite movie?

I just re-watched movie 10. I think I gotta say it's one of my favourites so far. It's pretty thrilling from start to finish, and just all around awesome.

My favourites are the 12th Full Score of Fear (love Reiko), Countdown to Heaven, The Last Wizard of the Century, The Phantom of Baker Street and The Lost Ship in the Sky.

Movie 6 and Movie 11 definitely. For animated films, those two kept me excited and left me wanting more when they ended.

Though in Movie 11's case, it might have something to do with my love for Sonoko since she does have a bigger role there.

I also like 4,5,8,10 and 12.

13 bored me for some reason. And 14's plot was just plain idiotic imo.

I guess some of thew murderers and their motives but my favorites in due order are...

1. The Phantom at Baker Street

2. Countdown to Heaven

3. The Last Wizard of the Century

4. Magician of the Silver Sky

5. The Fourteenth Target

6. Quarter of Silence

7. Captured in Her Eyes

8. The Time-Bombed Skyscraper

9. The Lost Ship in The Sky

10. The Private Eyes' Requiem

11. The Raven Chaser

12. Full Score of Fear

13. Strategy Above the Depths

14. Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure

15. Crossroads at the Ancient Capital

1. Quarter of Silence

2. Phantom on Baker Street

3. The Raven Chaser

and the only other two I've seen are The Time-Bombed Skyscraper and Captured in her Eyes.

Mine are listed in chronological order.

Movie 2 (The Fourteenth Target) - I'm a sucker for a twisted motive, and it's similar to the ABC murders, my favorite book. Also, it was simiilar to the series in the way Kogoro acted and was pulled into the case. This was one of the cases I couldn't wait to figure out~

Movie 4 (Captured in Her Eyes) - I just plain love this movie~ The mass of suspects and unsuspected culprits is great, and Kogoro and Eri hold a rare treatise. Sonoko shows her caring side, and Conan's overprotective nature shines through as he resembles Shinichi more and more. The chase scene and Ran's ending karate made me love this even more, and I loved the glimpse into the past. This is definitely one of my top 3 favorites~

Movie 9 (Strategy Above the Depths) - I liked that although it was set in the closed environment of a ship, it wasn't another case where Conan, Kogoro, and Ran just happened to be the only people outside of a family or group who were there. Although it seems that it was set on a Suzuki financial group liner just to give Sonoko a reason to be there, the alibi trick and double-deduction was exciting, and Kogoro's Martial Art cameo was an awesome touch. The last bit was improbable and pure suspense, but this was one of the movies that packed in memories, action, and a great mystery~

Movie 10 (Private Eye's Requiem) - Despite the unnecessary chase scene and Kid cameo, I enjoyed the excitement of the investigation time limit and especially liked the scenes with Kogoro showing his vulnerability and worry and the mistaken beliefs of the false culprit, although a few scenes were cliche. Also, Agasa'a scene where he says he'll stay with the children even when time is going to run out was touching.

Movie 13 (The Raven Chaser) - I love Irish as a character because of how quickly betrayal changes his mind about what is right, and the excitement of suspecting every officer was thrilling. This was the first movie of DC I watched in japanese, and it became the one to which I compare all the others. Again, there are scenes that didn't need to occur, and there were a few out of character moments or obviously predictable scenes, but the writers aren't Gosho-sensei, and the plot still retained the satisfying twist that each great case seems to hold~

Movie 15 (Quarter of Silence) - This was an unconventional movie to me, because it seemed different than the others. More time seemed to pass, and it was looser, less heavy than some of the others. We knew after seeing the trailers what would happen, more or less, but there wasn't a sense of danger the entire time, which led to more surprises along the way to discovering the true culprits in the multiple cases revealed throughout the movie. There are ShinRan scenes as well, which, despite being common in the movies, (and disappointing countless ConAi fans) showed more of Ran's despair and hope for Shinichi than the others, which usually focused on her want to see him or need of help from him personally. It's also one of the movies in which Ran's attachment to Conan, the little brother she never had, which makes it seem like a later event than some of the movies in which she allows him t run off alone and investigate, or in which she never finds out about the dangerous stunts he pulls to corner a culprit~

• Upvote 1