Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Favorite movie?

What is everyone's favorite Detective Conan movie? I've only seen the first two, but I just LOVE the second movie! I am a sucker for the murder mysteries, so it really whetts my appetite. :D The dead body in the aquarium: Yowza! Scared the beejeebus out of me when I first saw it! So, what about everyone else?

I've only watched the first 2 so far. So for now, I also prefer the 2nd movie. We learn also a lot about the characters (mainly Kogoro and Eri). I'll probably check out the 3rd movie this week-end. I'll let you know then if I have a new favorite. :P

I only saw the first two. I plan to watch the third one after the fifth season. So far, my favorite of the two is the first one, which is the most action oriented Conan story I have ever seen so far. It is reminiscent of Die Hard with a Vengeance. I wonder if they borrowed the ideas from that?

I have ones that I prefer over others, but I can't honestly say I have a favorite...

at the top of the list are (in no particular order): 6, 7, 8, and 10

I like 8 because it has Kaitou Kid who is awesome. So does three but he's not as cool in that one. I also like 10 it had everybody and 9 cuz Richard gets a bigger role.

I have only seen movie 4 and movie 13 so far... I am planning to watch the other movies this week. I love both of them!!! Movie 4 is just so romantic.... and with movie 13 I was really surprised to see Conan talking with a member of the black organization. I am just glad gin and vodka won't remember anything about shinichi...

Favorite movie you say?

6 is the best one, of course. Next comes a tie between 13 and 5 and then of course #1.

The conan movies out-best other anime movies! XD

oh yeah, Lupin III vs. Conan was also super good. :D

My opinion has changed VERY much since the last time I posted in this topic. Having seen all 13 movies, I know what my top three would be:

4th: This one is probably, in my opinion, in my top three favorite Conan movies. One of my favorite scenes in DC movies, and one of my all time favorite scenes in ANY movie, is when Ran is holding Sato's wounded body, and then she looks at her hands, which are completely covered in blood, and just LOSES it. You can see it in her face, she has just lost touch with reality and mentally breaks and snaps. You couldn't write a better scene for an animated film than that.

7th: This is my favorite one, and I admit it's mostly for superficial reasons, like it being a big Heiji and Kazuha film, and I love the twist in the end that I was actually NOT expecting at all, and usually I can see obvious big time twists from a mile away. But all in all I loved this film.

9th: This is probably my second favorite, and if you're a Kogoro fan, you'll REALLY love this movie. I actually am very happy that Kogoro was able to get his moment in the sun, because no matter how clueless he can sometimes be, he still is a smart detective, and even he deserves a chance to shine. I also loved the scene where the killer kept egging him on, and he just kept saying "I never hit a woman." It was just SO cool and badass, though the whole end was so silly.

And these ones are ones I don't like:

10th: This is definitely the second worst one, and I think even the writers realized this, so they tried to compensate by packing a large cast. Even with the big cast, it's still a flat film with a flat plot, and a really confusing at points murder case.

11th: Worst of them all, no doubt about it. The first hour or so was a little OK, when they were trying to figure out the murder, and the Detective Boys were solving the puzzle. After that, the movie becomes nearly unwatchable, especially when the hunters kidnap Ran and Sonoko. I mean, COME ON. Ran wouldn't even try to beat the crap out of those two? Really? THOSE chumps? She could've just knocked them out, thrown them overboard, and then drove the boat back herself. But instead, she becomes a complete wuss, Sonoko is an idiot again, and the treasure is really the stupid boat. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. They were just trying to forcefeed the whole stupid thing where Ran and Sonoko are the only ones able to get to the treasure, and it was just such a stupid bore. These games were so lame, yet they were treated like they were unstoppable! Not only that, this was probably the slowest of all of the movies. I am never watching this piece of crap again.

wow :shock: Your words are quite hard about the film 11. hehe

As for me, my favorite movies are 1 and 4, where I think it is more about the history of Shinichi and Ran. And the film I most had trouble understanding (which does not mean it is bad, quite the contrary) is the Movie 2, I don't know how Shinichi could resolve the case...perhaps resolved thanks to what happened between him and Ran hehe.

10th: This is definitely the second worst one, and I think even the writers realized this, so they tried to compensate by packing a large cast. Even with the big cast, it's still a flat film with a flat plot, and a really confusing at points murder case.

Even if the way Kid executes his plan is cool especially when he disguises as Saguru Hakuba?

8&13 are my favorite movies.For the plane in 8 and the feeling of love in 13.You know the display of the Boeing744 in 8 is really professional,except some tiny mistakes.A girl without any experience could land a plane successfully is also out of our imagine.But,totally,it's a very good movie.

I come from China and I'm not good at English.So don't laugh at me if I made some mistakes.Just point out them is OK.Thank you.

my favorite filims have to be 7 and 4 alothough I havnt wtached 11 and 12 yet.

Thought 13 was verys disapointing after all the hype that was built up nothing realy happened and the trailers were so mileading, I mean there was one trailer were gin was looking at conan from his car and he said kudo shinch but the only person to find out about conan was irish who later dies, apart from the disapointment with the BO the atcual mstary in 13 was quiet good so even after all Ive said its still my third favroite movie

I love all movie...

but if I permitted to arrange the most favorite is :

1st : The Phantom of Baker Street (6th)

2nd : Magician of the Silver Sky (8th)

3rd : Countdown to Heaven (5th)

4th : Crossroad in the Ancient Capital (7th)

5th : The Raven Chaser (13th)

6th : Full Score of Fear (12th)

7th : Strategy above the Depth (9th)

8th : Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure (11th)

9th : Private Eyes Requiem (10th)

10th : Captured in Her Eyes (4th)

11th : The Last Wizard of the Century (3rd)

12th : The 14th Target (2nd)

13th : The Timed Skyscraper (1st)

but actually I like all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mm, it's movie 12 - Full Score of Fear. Conan/Shinichi has perfect pitch! I respect him more and more, haha.

I thought it was interesting that he has perfect pitch, but they always tease him for being tone-deaf because he can't actually sing...

I know that's off topic, but it had to do with a previous comment...

and I suppose I liked movie 12. it's not my favorite, but it is up there... partially because of the magic file that went with it :)

I thought it was interesting that he has perfect pitch, but they always tease him for being tone-deaf because he can't actually sing...

I know that's off topic, but it had to do with a previous comment...

and I suppose I liked movie 12. it's not my favorite, but it is up there... partially because of the magic file that went with it :)

I think i like it might be cos it's music related. I'm not biased, .. i guess. Haha.