Detective Conan World
Kaitou Kid's Killer

Flaws, contradictions, and plotholes in Detective Conan

Everybody know that detectiveconan started sixteen years ago-I mean the manga-and still conan is a one-grader. Isn't that strange? other than that, there are 561episodes now, that means there are 1.5 case a day. Also, there are 8 christmas, 2 valentine in it already...still it seems to be all in one year.

Apart from that, there are a problem about Mr.Mouri-his neck had been stung by conan's watch for 500 times, it has to become a bumblebee nest now... maybe that is why he always says his neck hurt.

What do you guys think?

• Upvote 2

I remember once-in OVA,I THINK-Ai had her 11th birthday...when she is still 7yearold

and as such, OVA's count even less than the movies, since they're so much farther outside of canon

I know Shinichi had a birthday in movie 1, but I can't remember any other times that any of their birthdays came up... Valentine's day came up a few times, though, if I remember correctly :P

I've also been thinking of it and here are the 10 problems I can think of:

1.They have aged a little

2.Why can't Ai still haven't developed a permanent APTX 4869(y'know coz she's been observeing all the effects)

3.Why did Vermouth still doesn't spill the beans about Conan being Shinichi and Ai being Shiho to Gin?

4.Why doesn't Conan track the Kaitou Kid,I mean why doesn't he use his sticker that can track anyone(which Dr.Agasa gave him)?

5.Why doesn't Eri go back to Kogouro's arms until now?(must be hard without a wife -_-)

6.Why doesn't Conan tell EVERYTHING to Ran,I mean they can keep it a secret right?(but 1st saying sorry for bathing with her)or tell her that he loves her through the phone

7.Why doesn't Conan not get stressed?,I mean solving all the tough cases and seeing a whole lot of dead bodies

8.Why doesn't Ai open up her true personality to Conan or other people?

9.Why doesn't Ai team up with Dr.Agasa to create a permanent APTX4869?(the logic of an intelligent scientist that creates inventions + the logic of a scientist who created the drug= a PERMANENT APTX 4869)simple logic

10.Why doesn't Gosho-sama create a vol. of DC that has Shinichi and Ai turned back to normal and start a new chapter of DC with a brand new story and twist?

Those 10 are just SOME of my problems in DC that I can think of

it's just because a 7 years old famous detective would be alittle weird so they had to come up with that prof who is (for some reason can invent so unbelievable things but can't made that drug to Shinichi and Ai to return back to normal , i mean his butt is very lazy staying all the day doing nothing no wonder he's like a small elephant :lol: .

and i really wanna see when Shinichi and Ai return back whom will he choose (i mean Ran or Ai ) idon't think they wanna do that choice even ( Detective Conan's creators ) and about time i think for not going mad u must forget about it i mean see the children of the first time Conan was made (1996) are now at least (10+14=24) 24 years old i mean will we die before we know what will happen ? :cry:

In episode 415, they mention how Conan is soon to be 10 years old. This was released on October 10, 2005. Basically, in 9 years of the show, the main character, Conan, had 3 birthdays. Therefore, in 2008, he should theorically be 11, and 12 in 2011. :P

To sum up, I guess there is some progress age-wise after all lol..

post-1-126262665265_thumb.jpg

In episode 415, they mention how Conan is soon to be 10 years old. This was released on October 10, 2005. Basically, in 9 years of the show, the main character, Conan, had 3 birthdays. Therefore, in 2008, he should theorically be 11, and 12 in 2011. :P

To sum up, I guess there is some progress age-wise after all lol..

sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think that's what that was in reference to :P

the anime started airing in 1996, so in fall 2005, it was nearing 10 years

sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think that's what that was in reference to :P

the anime started airing in 1996, so in fall 2005, it was nearing 10 years

Haha, that makes a lot of sense! I should have seen that. Well, the subtitles are partly at fault. :P

Ah well, I guess he still has a lot of growing up to do then.. ^^

There's no way of denying it, DC has some MAJOR problems when it comes to the timeline.

I mean, this story is essentially one big filler. It's entertaining filler, but filler nonetheless. I mean, there's been around 700 chapters and honestly, how many times has the black organization been mentioned? The plot is figuring out who the black organization is so Shinichi can permanently return to his normal size and yet the primary antagonist hardly shows up.

Not that I'm complaining, I always considered the mysteries entertaining, even if in the back my mind I know we're getting nowhere with these cases.

Nobody ever seems to age! They have solved over 500 cases, yet Conan is still in grade one. Unless they fit multiple cases into one day, which I don't think they did, it's impossible for all that to take place in one year. I guess that it's better this way though, with Conan and the others staying the same age. If Conan became as old as or older than Shinichi was originally (like OVA 9 but for real) and they still haven't found a cure, then the story would get complicated. If the characters aged with the anime, then Conan would be about 20 by now, even older than Shinichi was.

I think I did the math going with 1 case a day (as a reference) and came up with it tlking about 8 months passed from the first episode to the current one....unfortunately without a viable reference it would be impossible to figure it out fully.

I think I did the math going with 1 case a day (as a reference) and came up with it tlking about 8 months passed from the first episode to the current one....unfortunately without a viable reference it would be impossible to figure it out fully.

You should not do it like that as in some cases such as some cases such as the first appearance of hattori heiji, conan was bedridden for 3 days...

My problem in it? They are few.

1) Why don't he tell truth to Ran? She don't reveal his secret don't she?

2) We're getting nowhere with this filler episodes.

3) Black Organization isn't doing anything in this show.

4) All cases are murders.

5) Why don't Agasa and Ai join forces? It will be faster creating antidote if they will work together.

Right now nothing else is bothering me but they are more mistakes.

One of these days Conan is going to tranquilize Kogoro one too many times and he won't wake up. He's just going to die from being knocked out so many times (probably can't die but there has to be some adverse side-effects).

either that, or he'll build up a resistance to the tranquilizer, and not be affected by it :P

• Upvote 1

either that, or he'll build up a resistance to the tranquilizer, and not be affected by it :P

How much money does it cost to buy a dart with sleeping poison? So... Agasa is rich after all...

We all know what happened in the first two episodes of Detective Conan. Shinichi is forcefully given APTX-4869 by Gin, which was supposed to kill him, but due to a rare side-effect, it transforms him into a child.

After this event, Gin and Vodka think that Shinichi's dead, with Gin forgetting everything about it.

Here's something i found to be kind of wierd. If Shinchi was dead, it would have been all over the Media. The police never found the body (we know why). Why didnt Vodka, who remembers the scene, get suspecious about not finding Shinichi's death all over the news? (Shinichi was quite famous at that time. His death would be on the top headlines in the media if he was to make a trip to heaven.)

We saw how Vodka identifies Akai (Scar Akai) on the news, which shows how keen his eyes on the media are. It really beats me as for why Vodka didnt get suspecious about Shinichi's death never reaching his ears. How did Vodka and Gin confirm Shinichi's death without any source/facts?

In short its sounds like this - "Some criminals killed a REALLY famous person at a park. The person was transformed into a child instead. No Body was found and no news about his death was on the media. Still the criminals assumed that this REALLY famous person is dead."

What do you all think?

Is it a flaw? or did I miss some facts?

Think about it. They didnt find his body. No one did. No dead body --> Person may not be dead. That should make BO suspecious..

PS- Thanks for moving it here.

Yes, because authorities never move dead bodies, and don't broadcast that they have found one in the first place.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I always found it contradicting how paranoid Haibara (and sometimes Conan) can be about avoiding the lime light and drawing the attention of others. It's not the "staying undercover" part that's the issue, it's the "keeping my appearance the same, yet in short form" part that bugs me. Get a haircut, change the style, SOMETHING. At least Conan looks somewhat different with his glasses on (and he does have similar appearances with other Japanese boys), but Haibara, a girl who is easily identifiable with her hairstyle, should do something about her image that could fool a BO member at first glance. It's not like anybody ever went out hunting for Haibara or anything. *sarcasm* But yeah, you'd think that two geniuses would have realized this AGES ago (and yes, I'm well aware that it's just an anime and that Gosho has already defied so many logic before). But if I were in their shoes, you can doggone bet that the first thing I would do is change appearance (unless the thrill and excitement of being discovered prevents me from doing so). I KNOW I'm not the only one thinking this...

• Upvote 1