Detective Conan World
Maurice

Some changes to the forum

We've made the following configuration changes to the forum:

- You may now only change your Display Name once within 60 days and after reaching 750 approved posts. However, donators can still change their Display Name 3 times in 30 days without any minimum post count.

- A new sub-forum was created in the Games forum called "Forum games". Since we've had lots of "forum games" topics cluttering the "Games" forum, this new forum will now serve those types of games exclusively.

- Posts made in the "Forum games" forum won't increase your post count anymore (again to prevent excessive abuse of the current system, even if involuntary, and further promote DC-related discussions instead).

Thank you!

• Upvote 12

Nice, Maurice! It's understandable ali_053.gif.

how will the gamers feel about this

This is what I want to hear, too ali_069.gif.

Well, I think it's a good idea. Considering how most of us are able to get our post count very high through posting there ali_097.gif (it's been a long time since I stopped :V). I wanted to suggest this long ago...

And the change to the display name is also good. It gets confusing when members change their name, and I won't be able to recognize them till some times later th_053_XD.gif.

Edited by Officer Kaoko
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully people won't start to spam important topics just to get their # of posts up.

That's what I'm worried about as well.

Let's just hope that everyone takes this huge change in stride and actually contribute without spamming.

The mods can help pinpoint the spammers and punish accordingly.

I'm glad you're taking this initiative, Maurice.

It's been a long time coming.

how will the gamers feel about this

Considering they were asking for the Forum Games to get its own section, they should be pleased about that.

And the change to the display name is also good. It gets confusing when members change their name, and I won't be able to recognize them till some times later th_053_XD.gif.

That was the exact reason the rule was put into effect. Members were changing their member names far, far too many times, and unless you were in this group of people, you had no idea who any of them were. I got more than my fair share of complaints from other users about the names changing so much.

Hopefully people won't start to spam important topics just to get their # of posts up.

I'm hoping that our members would know better than to do that. We'll shall see.

This has indeed been a long-time coming.

We've made the following configuration changes to the forum:

- You may now only change your Display Name once within 60 days and after reaching 750 approved posts. However, donators can still change their Display Name 3 times in 30 days without any minimum post count.

- A new sub-forum was created in the Games forum called "Forum games". Since we've had lots of "forum games" topics cluttering the "Games" forum, this new forum will now serve those types of games exclusively.

- Posts made in the "Forum games" forum won't increase your post count anymore (again to prevent excessive abuse of the current system, even if involuntary, and further promote DC-related discussions instead).

Thank you!

750????????????????????? Not 500?????

Oh!! :D This is good. That way, people can't just increase their post count by playing games!! :D Maybe we'll get some good information about DC from some new people... :D